Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Sounds like another shitstorm is brewing over the freshly EA'd game The Body Changer. There seems to be two camps, one that just fairly wants their Steam keys for owning the game already through a Groupees bundle/Desura, and another that's worked up because the dev solicited Greenlight votes and everyone knows votes = keys. :rolleyes:

Honestly it sounds like there's some confusion all around though, because the dev says you get a Steam key if you bought the game on Desura but not for owning the game through the Groupees bundle. I'm pretty sure there's no distinction between the two as far as Desura is concerned, so some of this might just be from the dev thinking folks want them to generate more keys directly for Groupees. :shrug:

The second link also has them pulling a very Derek Smart "this forum is for people who actually own the game".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
That didn't stop them from spamming your Desura account if you bought BM11 tho :razz:

quote:

The Body Changer on Greenlight

mrKaizen Apr 6 2014, 11:30am said:

hi username,

I'm ALberto one of the two developer of The Body Changer :)
I know you bought our game on BM11 and I'm curious to know if you played our game and to know your impression/suggestions.

If you like it, can you help us on Steam Greenlight to be greenlit?
The Body Changer Greenlight link: Steamcommunity.com
In the Greenlight page above I'll find our new trailer and tons of new images of the game.

IN ANY CASE, thanks to have redeemed TBC key :) hope you'll give a chance to our game.

Ciao,

ALberto - TheShortAndTheTall

Even better, a month later with no reply at all:

quote:

THANKS for your support!
mrKaizen May 9 2014, 7:43am said:

Hi username,
it's me again, ALberto from TheShortAndTheTall.
After all the email I received, I would like to spend 2 minutes and say THANK YOU for being a Super Community Member!

Your feedback and support was amazing, many wrote good comments and very good critics. Me and Alessio are working hard for making THE BODY CHANGER even better and improve as much as possible.
...btw a new version is coming soon with a lot of new stuff ;) : new sector, new SynB, new enemies ,new puzzles, finally the menu, key bindings, a better joypad management and more...

And, also, TKS SO MUCH for your vote! ^_^ Your help was outstanding!
But the journey to Greenlight is still long, so please if possible tell your friends or any that could be interested, we need a little more help:
Steamcommunity.com

That's all, don't want to take more of your precious time. :)
Thanks again for being so supportive, Best Community Ever. ^__^

ALberto > TheShortAndTheTall

Arnold of Soissons fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 17, 2014

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

How many goons play payday1 and how much better is 2 than 1.

Im going to give payday 2 a try on my pc this weekend and se if it will actually run decwntly and also decide to purchase if it runs well, but what do I lose if I stick with my free payday1?

Its still less than 10bux right now but im cheap.

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

Zombie Samurai posted:

I can't remember if The Stanley Parable has been $5 before, but The Stanley Parable is $5 today and tomorrow.

"Hey, I've been meaning to buy this for a while since I loved the original mod and demo. This seems like a really good time to-"

The Stanley Parable is already in your Steam library.

(I'd even installed it already and not noticed it)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

tater_salad posted:

Im going to give payday 2 a try on my pc this weekend and se if it will actually run decwntly and also decide to purchase if it runs well, but what do I lose if I stick with my free payday1?

Any goons playing Payday 1 right now are playing it out of curiosity because they never got a chance to play it when it was timely. Payday 2 is a substantially different game from Payday 1 and many would argue which one is subjectively better, but 2 is much more polished, deep, and most important actually has a lasting population (it's worth mentioning that both games are very much in the vein of Left4Dead and you fundamentally lose out if you intend to play them in single player).

Come check out the thread if you do decide to buy it.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 17, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rage McDougal posted:

"Hey, I've been meaning to buy this for a while since I loved the original mod and demo. This seems like a really good time to-"

The Stanley Parable is already in your Steam library.

(I'd even installed it already and not noticed it)

Stanley found himself confused. "How did I acquire this game before if I have no recollection of it?", he asked himself. Perhaps it was a frag...Stanley, stop trying to buy games you already have on Steam! You know what, fine. Buy it again, give more money to the devs, see if I care.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

From the baby game video The Stanley Parable seems oddly similar to Starship Titanic.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Only the snarky narrator is common to both.

Stanley Parable cannot be explained. To say much about it would ruin it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Mokinokaro posted:

This isn't hyperbole, either. You really have to experience it for yourself or it loses all the magic.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Mokinokaro posted:

It also has one of the coolest achievements ever: do not play it for the next five years.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

tater_salad posted:

Payday 2 bothers me in a lot of ways and I had more fun with Payday 1, but part of that is the fact that I got pretty Burned out on the concept during payday 1. And also my friend is always trying to stealth play payday 2 (Stealth in payday is not at all fun and the stealth system is awful and frustrating)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

There's no "Press the button to disarm the bomb" joke? drat...

Arthe Xavier posted:

It also has one of the coolest achievements ever: do not play it for the next five years.
Flower on the PS3 had something like that, only you had to give it up for a week.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
One bad thing about The Stanley Parable is that a few of the endings are devilishly difficult to find, but at the same time it's kind of genius how well it responds to everything.

There's even a unique "ending" for (you probably won't find this in normal play) enabling Source's developer console commands and trying to use sv_cheats 1 to enable cheats.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Payday 2 bothers me in a lot of ways and I had more fun with Payday 1, but part of that is the fact that I got pretty Burned out on the concept during payday 1. And also my friend is always trying to stealth play payday 2 (Stealth in payday is not at all fun and the stealth system is awful and frustrating)

Depending on when you last played it, stealth in Payday 2 has gotten much better compared to how it started out, but I fully admit that either way the system has its problems, takes some practice, and just isn't for everyone.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Also your teammates will likely hate you for trying the stealth approach because if isn't "optimal."

Really that's the thing to watch out for if you buy Payday 2. If you don't have a regular group you're stuck with a really spergy and fun hating community.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Mokinokaro posted:

Also your teammates will likely hate you for trying the stealth approach because if isn't "optimal."

Really that's the thing to watch out for if you buy Payday 2. If you don't have a regular group you're stuck with a really spergy and fun hating community.

To be fair, that's pretty much true for any co-op only game. Blatant plug for the Payday 2 thread with associated goon Steam group goes here.

joachim783 posted:

http://steamcleaner.tikione.org/en/ This program should be in the OP, i only have 44 games installed and i saved 3.5gb.

edit: what this does is removes numerous duplicate redistributables such as VC++, DX which most likely you already have installed

edit 2: i am an blind because it already is in the op :doh:

:smug:

(Just noticed a typo in it. :doh:)

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Zombie Samurai posted:

I'm glad you mentioned this. It's the best demo I've ever played, because it's entirely separate content from the main game, supplementary to the main game, and fully representative of the main game.

Reminds me of the old Half-Life Uplink demo.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

An interesting fact about The Stanley Parable is that it is utter loving garbage for smug cunts who think they are soooooooo clever.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

An interesting fact about The Stanley Parable is that it is utter loving garbage for smug cunts who think they are soooooooo clever.

This is how angry people who don't like The Stanley Parable are. Angry about video games.

Nobody wants to be one of these people.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The Stanley Parable is a really funny and cool game. It might even make you think a little bit... about video games, as art!?

joachim783
May 9, 2013

HogX posted:

Question about TikiOne: So I installed it and searched, and it brought up the list of files. Which ones do I delete? Or do I just delete all the files that TikiOne found?

You delete all of the ones it found because these are all duplicate redistributables.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

C'mon, running your poo poo past someone who can speak English well can't be that hard, can it?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

FirstAidKite posted:

C'mon, running your poo poo past someone who can speak English well can't be that hard, can it?

The name of their game sounds like something chronic you can contract from playing it. We're lucky they got anything more comprehensible than Google Translate.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

HogX posted:

Question about TikiOne: So I installed it and searched, and it brought up the list of files. Which ones do I delete? Or do I just delete all the files that TikiOne found?

I highly recommend double-checking before deleting anything.
It seems like TikiOne searches for folders with the name "redist" in it. For example, it wants to delete the "redist" folder for Penumbra; however, for Penumbra this folder actually contains the game files.

FirstAidKite posted:

Spheritis sounds like a disease.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

saucerman posted:

-itis is traditionally used to indicate inflammation.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Let's see what released on Steam: Roommates.

:nyoron:

Laksa
Sep 25, 2012

Palpek posted:

Oh, nice, another game i can play with one hand.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Palpek posted:

I was about to buy it, but then i saw the price tag. :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Palpek posted:

I think one of them is choking, find a lifeguard

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

saucerman posted:

SelenicMartian posted:

-itis is traditionally used to indicate inflammation.

Maybe someone just mixed up the database.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the one on the right has her hand behind her head like that in every screenshot. maybe her neck is crippled and she's holding up her head?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, I remember when that was a kickstarter(or was it indiegogo?). Did it actually get funded?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Palpek posted:

I like how they're all in the same exact pose in every screenshot.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Awesome! posted:

the one on the right has her hand behind her head like that in every screenshot. maybe her neck is crippled and she's holding up her head?

She's counterweighting her massive plot tits.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Well, do you????

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

From Winter Wolves I see, the maker of all these well-known classics.

The developer is apparently a 40-year-old Italian guy?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saoshyant posted:

The demo for Stanley Parable could be called a free tie-in game since it's different, free and, intended to promote the actual game.

While, I'm here, I'd like to bring everyone's attention to Ultimate General: Gettysburg.

It's a take on Sid Meyer's Gettysburg made by the most experienced Total War modder (Darth) and just came out today after four months in early access. If you like strategy, civil war, and/or board games it's good. So good.

It also gets European prices right. It's $15 / 12€.

Does the game have Darth Vader in the loading screens, and if not how long until the mod that puts Darth Vader into the loading screens comes out?

Edit: Joking aside, it does look pretty cool.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 17, 2014

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Kanfy posted:

From Winter Wolves I see, the maker of all these well-known classics.

The developer is apparently a 40-year-old Italian guy?

Who would know better about the hearts of young anime girls then 40 y/o Italian males.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

spudsbuckley posted:

It was at that time that spudsbuckley chose to hit the post button. Unfortunately for him, this would turn out to be a bad decision. Other people on the forums would read his post, and they would laugh. They laughed, and they laughed, and they ridiculed the heritage of spudsbuckley as well as the size of his genitals, which were quite small you see. Luckily for spudsbuckley, life would present him with another opportunity. Let's have a go in 3, 2...

No, no, no. This simply won't do, this is an even worse post than before Mr. spudsbuckley! We simply can't have that sort of thing happening here at THE SOMETHINGAWFUL FORUMS LLC. Here, I'll give you one more chance, let's take it from the top shall we?

spudsbuckley posted:

I really enjoyed the new game, THE STANLEY PARABLE. I found it to be [error: string not found].

Oh that's much better spudsbuckley! What witty commentary! What sharp criticism! You will forever be hailed as the greatest videogame reviewer in the thread, spudsbuckley. All because you had this chance, given to you by The Stanley Parable, to have another shot at your comment. Aren't you ever so glad we gave you this opportunity to change your mind regarding The Stanley Parable?

No?

Well, then. Some people just can't be helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rookersh posted:

Who would know better about the hearts of young anime girls then 40 y/o Italian males.

You gotta add-a a-little bit-a of a-tomato sauce-a.

• Locked thread