Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

RFC2324 posted:

Can we make anything to do with gamergate bannable outside of threads dedicated to it?

This one can't seem to go 10 pages without a massive derail. If it was one or two posts, fine, but people immediately gets up in arms and it is making the thread into gamergate thread #2153

Not an empty quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

It's already in the PYF rules, you jerks.

Any Titanic Guy updates? Fireman guy?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

KiteAuraan posted:

They also made Infinite Space which was their best work and also their least problematic from a feminist perspective. Of course that one bombed worse than all the rest.

Attempting to marathon Infinite Space is exactly how I busted my hand. :v:

Grumbler
Dec 20, 2013

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/ebo-lie-man-living-in-ghana-confirms-ebola-is-a-hoax/

Ebola is caused by vaccines! From a friend of my old roomate who believed in the illuminati. His page is somewhat disappointing, but had this gem.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Ask them to fly down there and make out with everyone there. Then see whether or not they die a terrible death. For the spirit of scientific research.

doublefluffed
Oct 23, 2013
Timg'd for mildly disturbing baby

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Octolady posted:

Clearly the solution for these Gamergate dudes is for them to all become video game journos and become the change they want to see. I mean, if women want more equality in games they all have to pursue careers in development, seems fair to me :shrug:

It's so sweet that you guys think that gamergate is about journalistic integrity, and not a bunch of manbabies upset that women exist and want representation in games. :allears:

A pallette cleanser, as this was just shared by a friend:

Help! I don't understand technology!

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Amazing what likes can do for people's egos thinking a click of a mouse on a facebook page will have any effect whatsoever to a dying child.

I wish they'd just make it so if you clicked like it would automatically donate out of their bank account. Nobody thinks about poo poo like this the moment after they close the tab.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

kazil posted:

Best part about gamer views on game reviews is going through user reviews on steam/metacritic/etc. Every game is either a perfect 10/10 or the worst game ever 0/10.
Really, a lot of that I'm ready to chalk up to that people who don't have it as their job won't really bother with writing reviews for the rest of the scale.

'course, the 0/1-10 scale is utterly meaningless these days anyway.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

KennyMan666 posted:

Really, a lot of that I'm ready to chalk up to that people who don't have it as their job won't really bother with writing reviews for the rest of the scale.

'course, the 0/1-10 scale is utterly meaningless these days anyway.

That's why I like Steam's community rating system. You either like a game, or dislike it, then write a paragraph or two. Then other users can like or dislike your review. While I personally don't give a poo poo what other people rate games at, I feel that it's a much better system than the whole 0-10 rating.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

kannonfodder posted:

It's so sweet that you guys think that gamergate is about journalistic integrity, and not a bunch of manbabies upset that women exist and want representation in games. :allears:

Well it's obvious that gamergate is 100% "loving women, trying to make games ever so slightly less misogynistic!", but they pretend to not be all about that and it's just hilarious how bad they are at hiding the fact that it has nothing to do with good journalism :v:. Like, the industry even gives them lowballs like literal incentives for review sites to give good reviews so they can have their review up earlier than the people who give it bad reviews, and they still miss.

quote:

A pallette cleanser, as this was just shared by a friend:

Help! I don't understand technology!

It took me like 3 readthroughs to parse that. If I'm translating this right, U2 released a free album on iTunes and so everyone with an iTunes account suddenly got a free U2 album. This is evidence technology is broken somehow.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

DrProsek posted:

It took me like 3 readthroughs to parse that. If I'm translating this right, U2 released a free album on iTunes and so everyone with an iTunes account suddenly got a free U2 album. This is evidence technology is broken somehow.

I thought it was kinda dumb to be upset over it at first, but a coworker of mine told me that he likes to put his entire itunes directory on shuffle and just listen to whatever, and so now randomly U2 songs come on and I could see how that would be pretty annoying.

Apparently Bono apologized for it: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/tech/web/u2-bono-free-itunes/index.html

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I think the problem was that people can't read and assumed it was only a free song, when it was actually the entire album and now people had an entire album on their phone which i guess is bad?

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

From what I've read it's also the fact that it was really difficult to delete it from your library. Dunno if that's been fixed though.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I think the problem was that people can't read and assumed it was only a free song, when it was actually the entire album and now people had an entire album on their phone which i guess is bad?

The problem appears to be that, unless your settings were set against it, it was just automatically downloaded into your library, which a lot of people really didn't like.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

it's bad if you didn't want it and never asked for it.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
The problem is that U2 sucks. :ssh:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Apogee15 posted:

I thought it was kinda dumb to be upset over it at first, but a coworker of mine told me that he likes to put his entire itunes directory on shuffle and just listen to whatever, and so now randomly U2 songs come on and I could see how that would be pretty annoying.

Apparently Bono apologized for it: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/tech/web/u2-bono-free-itunes/index.html

Ah, yeah I guess if you don't use playlists and just shuffle everything, it would be a problem. You could still create a new playlist with everything minus U2 and just shuffle that but then every time you added a new song you'd then have to add it to the playlist. Fair enough, I can understand being upset by it, but that doesn't excuse having a triple run on sentence :colbert:.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

DrProsek posted:

You could still create a new playlist with everything minus U2 and just shuffle that but then every time you added a new song you'd then have to add it to the playlist.

So you have to go out of your way because U2 is forced on you?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Found this via facebook: http://madworldnews.com/man-plane-ebola-victim/

Dumb person who is afraid posted:

“Dad, are you messing with me. This isn’t funny.”

“I’m not playing with you. I just read it in a CNN article.”

“drat. That was my flight.”

“1143?”

“Yes.”

“Sh**.

I called the CDC. They have a wait time of 81 minutes. I opted for them to call me back. I spent the next 2 hours in a panicked state, trying to piece together as much information as I could. Reading article after article and seeing pictures of what happens to those who contract Ebola… I finally broke down.

I stepped away from my computer. Tears were pouring down my face. Just a few hours ago everything seemed fine. Now I’m facing a hard fact that I may start to develop symptoms in the next 1-20 days. If that happens I stand a 10%-50% chance of survival. It’s a very hard truth to think that I may not be here in just a few weeks or less.

That’s the problem with this. No one knows how bad it is precisely, and it’s insanely scary. The CDC is staunchly maintaining their stance that it can only be transferred through bodily fluids and those in close contact with someone showing symptoms. There are other reports suggesting it could be spread through saliva droplets in the air within a 3 foot span.

Basically a dumb person being scared of something they don't understand.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Pukestain Pal posted:

So you have to go out of your way because U2 is forced on you?

To be fair, U2 is something that no one in their right mind wants forced on them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Crain posted:

Found this via facebook: http://madworldnews.com/man-plane-ebola-victim/

Basically a dumb person being scared of something they don't understand.

I don't think it's that unreasonable to be a bit concerned about Ebola if you were on an airplane with a guy that had Ebola. He's unlikely to have the virus but his fears aren't exactly unfounded.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

kazil posted:

I don't think it's that unreasonable to be a bit concerned about Ebola if you were on an airplane with a guy that had Ebola. He's unlikely to have the virus but his fears aren't exactly unfounded.

I'm pretty sure my first stop would be a hospital rather than calling the CDC though.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Pukestain Pal posted:

I'm pretty sure my first stop would be a hospital rather than calling the CDC though.

Calling the cdc is honestly the better move.

Guy seems a little over dramatic but he's one of the few people in the US who's justified in freaking out some. His picture in the article still made me laugh though

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

:confused:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pukestain Pal posted:

...potentially infecting everyone there, as well. An excellent move.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

What it was just for company.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

theironjef posted:

Children are also great war dogs.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

theironjef posted:

No, they were for barking and chasing rabbits.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

xcheopis posted:

...potentially infecting everyone there, as well. An excellent move.

or you know, calling ahead to the hospital asking what to do.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pukestain Pal posted:

or you know, calling ahead to the hospital asking what to do.

But that wasn't your plan. You said you'd just go to the hospital first thing.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

xcheopis posted:

But that wasn't your plan. You said you'd just go to the hospital first thing.

is this Judge Joe Brown now or something? relax.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Pukestain Pal posted:

is this Judge Joe Brown now or something? relax.

The only thing to do is to set your self and anything, or anyone you have come in contact with on fire.

Ratjaculation did this recently in the AUG thread with similar results.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Well, that'll suck all the air from the room. :stare:

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

RFC2324 posted:

Maybe, but it does derail this thread regularly. I want to want idiots who AREN'T posting on this forum when I come to this thread!

Content:

I don't have many idiots on my FB, so this is the best I could find on short notice.

Congrats on finding someone willing to say they'd commit a hate crime!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

IamnotJoe posted:

The only thing to do is to set your self and anything, or anyone you have come in contact with on fire.

Holy poo poo

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

IamnotJoe posted:

God drat, awkward is right. Like, not even funny, I just feel really bad for pink.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Someone did that recently in the goon.jpeg or aug thread where it links to your profile. Someone came in and tried to "roll with the punches" about it and stuff.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

IamnotJoe posted:

i like how green outs themselves as a tosser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I swear red has posted this exact image before. More than once.

No, you did not.

• Locked thread