Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

enojy posted:

I drove to the other side of town not too long ago to help a friend with a flat tire. Put the spare on, and it's looking really low.

When I bought my car last year (2006 M/Y built in 2005), I checked the spare.

It had 15 pounds. It was supposed to have 60. Good thing I topped it off, I've had to use it 3 times this year alone :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

some texas redneck posted:

When I bought my car last year (2006 M/Y built in 2005), I checked the spare.

It had 15 pounds. It was supposed to have 60. Good thing I topped it off, I've had to use it 3 times this year alone :sigh:

Took the spare donut out of my 13 year old car the other day because some bolts had fallen under it and were rattling around. The donut still had some plastic from the factory on it and was at 50psi (meant to be at 60).

Smooth moves Nissan. Smooth.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I need to get a new tire jack to keep in my trunk, the stock scissor jack rusted out a while back from a bad trunk seal. I've been driving around jackless. :ohdear:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Fucknag posted:

I need to get a new tire jack to keep in my trunk, the stock scissor jack rusted out a while back from a bad trunk seal. I've been driving around jackless. :ohdear:

My $27 8-ton HF bottle jack has served me well so far. Throw away the terrible little two-piece lever and use a bit of pipe etc. I haven't actually used it to change a tire but it's been fantastic at forcing/pressing/tweaking various suspension bits into place underneath my jeep.

A couple of days ago I found the one Brotruck to rule them all. Rear window corner Metal Mulisha stickers are for gays dude, it's all about the full stencil brah

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 17, 2014

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

My $27 8-ton HF bottle jack has served me well so far. Throw away the terrible little two-piece lever and use a bit of pipe etc. I haven't actually used it to change a tire but it's been fantastic at forcing/pressing/tweaking various suspension bits into place underneath my jeep.

A couple of days ago I found the one Brotruck to rule them all. Rear window corner Metal Mulisha stickers are for gays dude, it's all about the full stencil brah

This one is good too.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

If the skulls didnt have those nazi helmets I'd rock that bitch all day every day. Surprisingly subdued for a brotruck and no ridiculous chromed out smokestacks... Psssht Wrong thread.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

some texas redneck posted:

If that's actually the original paint color, then that's a 99-00 Si. Which has a decently potent B16 under the hood (160 hp + 8000 RPM redline in a car that weighs almost nothing, with a transaxle with much shorter gearing than a normal Civic).

Electric blue was exclusive to the Si. Both the EX and Si had a factory sunroof, which that has. It has a 99-00 front clip. And that looks like the factory Si spoiler on the back.

Doesn't make up for the owner's poor taste, but if it's an actual Si, it'll move a lot quicker than you'd think.

Oh yeah, I'm well aware how sneaky fast some Hondas can be. My 137HP Prelude has some serious pull, assuming the transmission isn't being a piece of poo poo.

I hate having an automatic.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Yep, drive through funeral home.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/df60f126c15b4a6f895032acbb7779ca/US--Drive-thru-Viewings

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The deceased is then lowered into the grave by backing the hearse up really fast and slamming on the brakes at the foot of the grave.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

tobu posted:

Took the spare donut out of my 13 year old car the other day because some bolts had fallen under it and were rattling around. The donut still had some plastic from the factory on it and was at 50psi (meant to be at 60).

Smooth moves Nissan. Smooth.

Good thing Peugeot didn't bother with this and just strapped the spare under the trunk under the car. Really helps with keeping it fresh! But it's not really a problem since the jack is also strapped under there and already rusted all to hell so I won't be able to change a tire anyway :haw:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Shai-Hulud posted:

Good thing Peugeot didn't bother with this and just strapped the spare under the trunk under the car. Really helps with keeping it fresh! But it's not really a problem since the jack is also strapped under there and already rusted all to hell so I won't be able to change a tire anyway :haw:

Mine solved it's own problem in this regard and dropped the spare and tools onto a carriageway at 70, obliterating the front of a saab stationed 4 Planck-lengths off my arse. I was entirely unsympathetic, it took ages to find a full size replacement.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Mine solved it's own problem in this regard and dropped the spare and tools onto a carriageway at 70, obliterating the front of a saab stationed 4 Planck-lengths off my arse. I was entirely unsympathetic, it took ages to find a full size replacement.

I'm pretty sure you should be sympathetic if you lost parts from your car and it damaged the car driving behind you.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Powershift posted:

The deceased is then lowered into the grave by backing the hearse up really fast and slamming on the brakes at the foot of the grave.

Don't tell me none of you wouldn't take that option if you could.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Astonishing Wang posted:

I'm pretty sure you should be sympathetic if you lost parts from your car and it damaged the car driving behind you.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Scenario 1, wheel drops off, nobody hits it as they had all left space between them and the car in front, I stop and clear that poo poo out of the road
Scenario 2, someone is tailgating so close the wheel probably didn't even hit the ground before it went through their bumper, radiator, condensor and oil cooler, sent plastic bits everywhere, nothing to recover.

Guess which happened.

E: also I'm a horrible person, did you factor that in?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Don't tell me none of you wouldn't take that option if you could.

If I'm not allowed my viking fireboat flamey thing... dude. bonus points for smoking out the whole funeral site and just rocketing off.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Scenario 1, wheel drops off, nobody hits it as they had all left space between them and the car in front, I stop and clear that poo poo out of the road
Scenario 2, someone is tailgating so close the wheel probably didn't even hit the ground before it went through their bumper, radiator, condensor and oil cooler, sent plastic bits everywhere, nothing to recover.

Guess which happened.

If you're going 70 wouldn't the spare have hit whoever was behind you whether they're on your rear end or not?

Either way, not caring that you smashed in the front end of someone's car with parts from your ill-maintained vehicle is pretty cavalier IMO. I hope you gave them your insurance information, since it was your fault, but since you're a horrible person I'm sure you didn't.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Snowdens Secret posted:

Before every GM product was just another rebadge, and somewhat before that before every GM product was just another rebadge with some slight engine differences, Olds was the GM luxury brand that was more experimentally techy. Cases in point:

http://ateupwithmotor.com/model-histories/oldsmobile-toronado-1966-1970/
http://ateupwithmotor.com/model-histories/oldsmobile-rocket-88/

Also, see the F-88, which would have eaten the Corvette's lunch if Chevy hadn't been a whiny bitch to Mama GM and gotten it killed.

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-...taldisplayed=50

Full disclosure: I currently own a 1970 Olds Cutlass S Sports Coupe (post coupe), and while not a complete Olds nut, I know quite a bit about them because I have a tendency to delve into the history of every car I own.

NoWake posted:

A little late to Oldsmobile chat, but my neighbor's got a Firenza entombed in his half of the garage. No idea how long it's been there or what the deal is, but it's pretty assuredly terrible car stuff.

In and of itself, the Firenza's OK. It's just a rebadged/re-fascia'd Chevy Monza. Could have anything from a 4-banger to a 305 V8 in there. My '78 Monza had a 3.2L Buick V6 (debored 3.8L) and a 4-speed. It was pretty cool for a high school car. I still have a soft spot for them, even though they were really just gussied-up Vegas.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Cakefool posted:

Guess which happened.

Your sentence: sell your car and daily drive a Saab 900.

Classic.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Astonishing Wang posted:

If you're going 70 wouldn't the spare have hit whoever was behind you whether they're on your rear end or not?

Either way, not caring that you smashed in the front end of someone's car with parts from your ill-maintained vehicle is pretty cavalier IMO. I hope you gave them your insurance information, since it was your fault, but since you're a horrible person I'm sure you didn't.

I recommend looking up what a planck length is before continuing. I'm also entirely unsympathetic with the jackarse who was attempting automotive buggery with whatever Cakefool was driving.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

atomicthumbs posted:

Your sentence: sell your car and daily drive a Saab 900.

Classic.

900S with the three speed bodge-whiner slush

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Yep, my home town made the news again :v:

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

The plymouth voyager is a real embarrassment to drive. It gets the worst gas mileage, overheats often & has headgasket issues.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

A3th3r posted:

The plymouth voyager is a real embarrassment to drive. It gets the worst gas mileage, overheats often & has headgasket issues.

Im confused by his post however he worst part about that car is the strut towers that rust out due to a design flaw that lets rain water shower them.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

If it looks stupid but it gets you home, it's not that stupid.

And by the looks of it, it's in Eastern Europe, so I'd be surprised if it didn't pass inspection like that.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
He's got the 4-ways on, too, so that'd barely garner a second glance in NYC.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Darchangel posted:

Also, see the F-88, which would have eaten the Corvette's lunch if Chevy hadn't been a whiny bitch to Mama GM and gotten it killed.

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-...taldisplayed=50

Full disclosure: I currently own a 1970 Olds Cutlass S Sports Coupe (post coupe), and while not a complete Olds nut, I know quite a bit about them because I have a tendency to delve into the history of every car I own.

Sorry. Killing the F-88 was a good thing, as it would have just devolved into another personal luxury barge like the Thunderbird did throughout the 60s and 70s. :colbert:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Preoptopus posted:

Im confused by his post however he worst part about that car is the strut towers that rust out due to a design flaw that lets rain water shower them.

Also there were 3 different series of engine that ended up in those, not all of them had HG issues.
And the 2nd worst thing about them is what happens when you try to lift one with a 2-post hoist. I don't think there's one left on this planet with intact rockers.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

kastein posted:

I recommend looking up what a planck length is before continuing. I'm also entirely unsympathetic with the jackarse who was attempting automotive buggery with whatever Cakefool was driving.

OK, so the other driver was a poo poo heel for tailgating.

Doesn't absolve him of neglecting maintenance to the point that his car dropped it's spare tire on the highway, which could still ruin the day of someone following at an otherwise safe distance. I'm pretty sure laws regarding safe loads and not dropping equipment on the road don't have clauses exempting you while being aggressively tailgated.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Cakefool posted:

Well I sure as hell won't have that problem seeing as it's held in place by a very thin steel cable! Secure as gently caress!

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Excuse me while I go check if my Peugeot's spare is still there. :ohdear:

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Spare tires stored underneath the car is some of the most terrible car stuff. Space savers comes second but atleast you can get to it in pretty much all situations. Spare tires strapped to a roofrack along with fuelcans and jack gets a pass somehow because I dont know.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
So that's why trailers don't usually come with trunks.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

jammyozzy posted:

Excuse me while I go check if my Peugeot's spare is still there. :ohdear:

On my car(Peugeot 2010 207 99g diesel) it's in the trunk, but it was apparently an option that's included in my edition. Other editions come with a simple patch kit in the spare tire space.

It's a good reminder that I need to check the pressure on my spare though, it's been in there for four and a half years now.

On my 106 it was mounted underneath the trunk but the bolts were probably rusted in place since it was never used and the car was from 1993.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

The awful wannabe hero manchildren who normally adorn their compensationmobiles with zombie/bio hazard moron markers (err, ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM logos, my mistake) seem to be moving on.

I can only imagine the owner of this vehicle as... eminently punchable.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

kastein posted:

The awful wannabe hero manchildren who normally adorn their compensationmobiles with zombie/bio hazard moron markers (err, ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM logos, my mistake) seem to be moving on.

I can only imagine the owner of this vehicle as... eminently punchable.

Probably the type to dress in full tactical gear, while doing room clearing drills at the local shooting range

Commonly referred to as a 'fucktard' around here

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Everyone knows that a flamethrower is the better choice for Ebola carriers, anyway. :colbert:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
We just send ours to Dallas :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MrYenko posted:

Everyone knows that a flamethrower is the better choice for Ebola carriers, anyway. :colbert:

For real, you really want to aerosolize Ebola with all that arterial spray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Panty Saluter posted:

For real, you really want to aerosolize Ebola with all that arterial spray?

Ebola don't do so well out side of the body hence why its not airborn already.