Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, green swoops in at the end and shows everyone else up. I love how idiots and annoying assholes tend to reveal themselves without prompting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I swear red has posted this exact image before. More than once.

No, you did not.

I'm soulmates with a hydrogen atom. I love that it's a Tumblr screenshot as well.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I swear red has posted this exact image before. More than once.

No, you did not.

Every atom in our bodies is swapped out after approximately seven years. Soul-mate-ness has a life expectancy

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

omnibobb posted:

Someone did that recently in the goon.jpeg or aug thread where it links to your profile. Someone came in and tried to "roll with the punches" about it and stuff.

A couple of goons fell for it, one was just real slow on the uptake. I almost fell for it until someone mentioned the user having a big dick. I was like hold on that's not my wife's account.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

IamnotJoe posted:

A couple of goons fell for it, one was just real slow on the uptake. I almost fell for it until someone mentioned the user having a big dick. I was like hold on that's not my wife's account.

I fell for it about 5 years ago, but didn't post about it.

This one was pretty funny.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Fatkraken posted:

Every atom in our bodies is swapped out after approximately seven years. Soul-mate-ness has a life expectancy

DID YOU JUST SCIENTIFICALLY EXPLAIN THE SEVEN-YEAR ITCH?!

Dishonorable Disco
Dec 22, 2009

the sun always shines on TV

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

unedited bc idgaf

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Now I am wondering who the first person to like it is going to be?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Someone posted photos to a public group for a dog breed of their dog hanging half out of their car while going 45mph. In the middle of a bunch of "OMG too cute!" replies, I said "Please don't do that, for your dog's safety :(" A day later, after a bunch more cutesy comments, someone asked me why I said that. Then this happened. I'm green.

My dog's name is Tino, not Valentino, and she had to dig through my profile to even find that out (his name isn't in any of my recent profile photos but might be in a comment on an older one). "Ca Eivissenc" is the breed's name in a very specific region that speaks Catalan - she clearly googled the breed because the only other place you'll see it called that is on Wikipedia, unless you're from that tiny area and only speak Catalan (anyone who speaks a lick of Spanish calls it the Podenco Ibicenco, which becomes Ibizan Hound in English).

Like, wtf? I don't remotely understand what this crazy woman was going for. I stopped replying after that and it somehow turned into a bunch of people attacking me.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
Do not bother posting onto public topics. It has people who have nothing better to do during work then sit and reply to it when a new comment appears. I find them to be like Youtube comments but not as racist. It still ends up with the participants in an echo chamber high-fiving each other once you leave.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

Do not bother posting onto public topics. It has people who have nothing better to do during work then sit and reply to it when a new comment appears. I find them to be like Youtube comments but not as racist. It still ends up with the participants in an echo chamber high-fiving each other once you leave.

Yeah. I very rarely do, I was only still a member of that group because I have a good friend who sometimes posts important things there instead of to her own page. My first comment on it, I was stuck in a waiting room and it popped up at the top of the fb app. I removed myself from it after blocking everyone replying so they'd stop tagging me.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Someone on my timeline posted this:

And I agree with the sentiment-- Black Friday creeping into Thanksgiving sucks and should stop-- but the fact that people will work on Thanksgiving this year is not dependent on whether or not you personally will be shopping. They're scheduled no matter what. Maaaybe if there's enough of a drop-off in customers this year stores will stay closed on Thanksgiving next year, but this is America. That's not going to happen.

Also, "This Thanksgiving people will be unable to spend time with their families because they have to work. So I'm going to support their plight by staying home and spending time with my family while they do so!"

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Parasol Prophet posted:

And I agree with the sentiment-- Black Friday creeping into Thanksgiving sucks and should stop-- but the fact that people will work on Thanksgiving this year is not dependent on whether or not you personally will be shopping. They're scheduled no matter what. Maaaybe if there's enough of a drop-off in customers this year stores will stay closed on Thanksgiving next year, but this is America. That's not going to happen.

Also, "This Thanksgiving people will be unable to spend time with their families because they have to work. So I'm going to support their plight by staying home and spending time with my family while they do so!"

If you're not shopping on Blacksgiving, you hate Christmas. Why do you hate Christmas?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

SteveVizsla posted:

Someone posted photos to a public group for a dog breed of their dog hanging half out of their car while going 45mph. In the middle of a bunch of "OMG too cute!" replies, I said "Please don't do that, for your dog's safety :(" A day later, after a bunch more cutesy comments, someone asked me why I said that. Then this happened. I'm green.

My dog's name is Tino, not Valentino, and she had to dig through my profile to even find that out (his name isn't in any of my recent profile photos but might be in a comment on an older one). "Ca Eivissenc" is the breed's name in a very specific region that speaks Catalan - she clearly googled the breed because the only other place you'll see it called that is on Wikipedia, unless you're from that tiny area and only speak Catalan (anyone who speaks a lick of Spanish calls it the Podenco Ibicenco, which becomes Ibizan Hound in English).

Like, wtf? I don't remotely understand what this crazy woman was going for. I stopped replying after that and it somehow turned into a bunch of people attacking me.
I don't have a dog so seeing dogs in car windows is pretty cool, don't take that away from me.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Parasol Prophet posted:

I'm pretty sure most major retailers have been open on Thanksgiving for years now anyway. I know when I worked at Walmart a few years back there was zero expectation of anybody being off for the day, you just planned the holiday around your schedule. The same was also true of Best Buy and Target, and that was almost ten years ago. The only real change is the stores pushing big sales to actually get people to come shop earlier.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm pretty sure most major retailers have been open on Thanksgiving for years now anyway. I know when I worked at Walmart a few years back there was zero expectation of anybody being off for the day, you just planned the holiday around your schedule. The same was also true of Best Buy and Target, and that was almost ten years ago. The only real change is the stores pushing big sales to actually get people to come shop earlier.

Nope, at most it's been two years since stores have been opening on Thanksgiving. There was a huge outcry about it but people still ended up going and buying crap on it.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Most major retailers have been open on major holidays for a long while. The outcry a couple years ago came from Black Friday sales starting on Thanksgiving day. The stores were already open, the sales just started earlier. Which probably lead to more people getting scheduled to deal with more customers, but honestly, most of those employees are probably happy to pick up the extra shift, even if working on a holiday sucks.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Boywhiz88 posted:

Nope, at most it's been two years since stores have been opening on Thanksgiving. There was a huge outcry about it but people still ended up going and buying crap on it.

Practical Demon posted:

Most major retailers have been open on major holidays for a long while. The outcry a couple years ago came from Black Friday sales starting on Thanksgiving day. The stores were already open, the sales just started earlier. Which probably lead to more people getting scheduled to deal with more customers, but honestly, most of those employees are probably happy to pick up the extra shift, even if working on a holiday sucks.

Yeah, what Practical Demon said. I can vouch for it directly since I've worked Thanksgiving a lot longer back than two years. The sales, though, is a different thing. But Practical Demon is also right, most of the people who work retail are pretty fine with grabbing the shift. The few people who care about having the day off usually get it pretty easy, and everybody else gets some extra time. It used to be (and this could have changed) that you'd get time and a half for working holidays too, so you'd typically make a bit extra over your normal wages for the trouble.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

SteveVizsla posted:

Dog ladies and dog groups are loving ridiculous. I'm part of a shiba group because it's mostly pictures (:3:), but when people ask for advice God loving forbid you say to go to the vet because HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES ARE JUST AS GOOD!!! No lady your dog with no history of seizures just had a seizure take it to a loving vet. Or when someone has a 45 lb shiba that should be literally half that weight and people defend them cause "who cares my dog is happy!!!!1!"

gently caress dog groups.

Cute totally healthy weight hound, btw :3:

(don't even get me started on tortoise groups, if I hear "shell baby/mommy" one more time...)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

It used to be (and this could have changed) that you'd get time and a half for working holidays too, so you'd typically make a bit extra over your normal wages for the trouble.

Double time :smug: but I'm not in retail.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Yeah, what Practical Demon said. I can vouch for it directly since I've worked Thanksgiving a lot longer back than two years. The sales, though, is a different thing. But Practical Demon is also right, most of the people who work retail are pretty fine with grabbing the shift. The few people who care about having the day off usually get it pretty easy, and everybody else gets some extra time. It used to be (and this could have changed) that you'd get time and a half for working holidays too, so you'd typically make a bit extra over your normal wages for the trouble.

Where I work we still get time and a half for Sundays and holidays.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Goddamnit. This girl has been on foodstamps before. I have also paid for medication for her. I'm going to guess she now has a job, but she was having a hell of a time getting one for several years there. She had to go on wic, has two children by two different dads, both of which are deadbeats (the dads, not the kids). There is no way she is suddenly making a ton of money, so I don't know what the gently caress. Maybe all of her liberal friends moved away or something.

Edit: I've given her money in the past so that she could get gas for her car or go to the movies, because I don't think it's fair for people to be miserable. I, uh, I couldn't leave it alone. I asked her if someone hijacked her account. I touched the poop.

A different person:

I don't actually have a problem with this post. I just like to think she brings a clown nose to bed. Maybe hits on guys by squirting them in the face with a flower on her lapel.

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Oct 18, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Except that clowns aren't funny.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Ben "Bendelin" Spurr is, of course, the man famous for creating "Beat Up Anita Sarkeesian".

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

Can we make anything to do with gamergate bannable outside of threads dedicated to it?

This one can't seem to go 10 pages without a massive derail. If it was one or two posts, fine, but people immediately gets up in arms and it is making the thread into gamergate thread #2153

Amused to Death posted:

Not an empty quote

Not a double empty quote.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Bored posted:

Edit: I've given her money in the past so that she could get gas for her car or go to the movies, because I don't think it's fair for people to be miserable. I, uh, I couldn't leave it alone. I asked her if someone hijacked her account. I touched the poop.

I don't think it's touching the poop to have conversations with people you know.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah. I kind of expected this comment.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

:420: the Wonderdrug!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Picnic Princess posted:

Where the hell did clowns come from anyway?! Is it a hand-me-down from the French or something?

They are... just the worst.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Captain Lavender posted:

Where the hell did clowns come from anyway?! Is it a hand-me-down from the French or something?

They're funny when they're scaring people shitless. Thank you schadenfreude thread.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The sad thing is that my reaction at this point is "of course, I should have seen that coming a mile away" instead of surprise at the stupidity.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Thanks to laughs.ws for tickling my funny bone with that classic comedy trope, gang rape.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Captain Lavender posted:

According to wikipedia the earliest clowns known were from 2400 BC Egypt.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

IamnotJoe posted:

The only thing to do is to set your self and anything, or anyone you have come in contact with on fire.

Ratjaculation did this recently in the AUG thread with similar results.

I'm borrowing this idea for a minute or two.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Edit: nevermind, beaten by a mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Experto Crede posted:

Thanks to laughs.ws for tickling my funny bone with that classic comedy trope, gang rape.

:aaaaa:
This is horrifying.

Edit: I was looking through animalsbeingdicks.com to laugh at animals being jerks, and this showed up.

Why, that's not funny at all. :mad:

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:56 on Oct 19, 2014

• Locked thread