Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

i want more flavor, always more flavor

THIS. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

lol that guy. pretty sure you can turn the difficulty down and get all kinds of insane buffs?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I know I was complaining about them making NIs for Tver, but I just want them to make them for the playable nations first. More flavour is win.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

i want more flavor, always more flavor

dude i REALLY wanted them to add Qarmatians as an invader / mega revolt event like the Shepherd's Crusade when they added vegetarian as a trait but paradox won't even though Qarmatians were a way bigger deal than the stupid Shepherd's Crusade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qarmatians

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
paradox, and looking up stuff after playing, has taught me more about history and geography than school did

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hey Man, what's the deal with Ottomans now. I remember you used to be able to walk all over them after about tech 10 or so, but what about now that the pips are more even? Their comical manpower regen always blindsides me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

paradox, and looking up stuff after playing, has taught me more about history and geography than school did

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

elf help book posted:

Today I learned about the sacking of Mecca!

Also, that animal-symbol-letter-whatsit is really cool.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

duplicate post :P

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

heres what i learned in american public schools:

egypt was cool
rome was big
henry viii had a lot of wives
civil war was bad
hitler was bad

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

yeah, that's pretty much all i remember too.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hey Man, what's the deal with Ottomans now. I remember you used to be able to walk all over them after about tech 10 or so, but what about now that the pips are more even? Their comical manpower regen always blindsides me.

They're strong as gently caress. They have less revolts because they take Humanism + their national ideas for tolerance and accepted culture (when I played as them I had even minor cultures like Serbian accepted when I owned half of Asia). Also Ghazi now gives a flat +20% manpower recovery speed so you can't really stack on victories.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

OkieMurse posted:

Today I learned about the sacking of Mecca!

Also, that animal-symbol-letter-whatsit is really cool.

I found out today that other Muslims are calling ISIS Kharjites as an insult and I now know what that is because it became the dominate form of Ibadi in my current game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

id actually like a modern day mod for eu4, not to play but just to look around the map in the country select screen

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

egypt was cool
rome was big
henry viii had a lot of wives
civil war was bad
hitler was bad

hitler died as "the allies" overtook berlin

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

elf help book posted:

civil war was bad

were they perchance southern schools?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

bad as in a lot of people died

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

war is bad, yall

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz_GLcumolw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

dude i REALLY wanted them to add Qarmatians as an invader / mega revolt event like the Shepherd's Crusade when they added vegetarian as a trait but paradox won't even though Qarmatians were a way bigger deal than the stupid Shepherd's Crusade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qarmatians

lmao i read that and it would be cool if they made an unique qarmatian heresy if it was a crazy-rear end mix of zoroastrain+muslim mechanics

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also i always thought the reason ottomans were broken as gently caress was because they are supposed to be the tutorial nation on eu4?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I thought it was so the ai ottomans would wreck everybody as hard as they did historically

that also makes sense though

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They rarely cut through Hungary, which they should.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Knuc U Kinte posted:

they do it more these days. you'll still rarely see an ottomans as successful/terrifying as the real-life ones, though.

the patch version in which all the AIs straight up refused to take any wrong-culture territory was insanely dumb.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lmao i read that and it would be cool if they made an unique qarmatian heresy if it was a crazy-rear end mix of zoroastrain+muslim mechanics

most of the heresies are insanely boring and its pretty sad. cathar is the only catholic one with actual new mechanics. fratricelli's only gimmick is it prevents the reformation in the ck2 converter.

there's a orthodox heresy that takes away all it's cool stuff and gives you female temple holders. wow amazing. it doesn't even give you female commanders/councilors like cathars. yazidi gets to exocommunicate, but that's it.

paradox plz make the heresies actually interesting to play, and make cathars not have female heir/ruler opinion penalties. sick of making a cathar realm and my idiot vassals hate me for having a female heir even though they are totally down with women in every other way.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

messalians are ftw bc they worship satan and can gently caress their sisters

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

most of the heresies are insanely boring and its pretty sad. cathar is the only catholic one with actual new mechanics. fratricelli's only gimmick is it prevents the reformation in the ck2 converter.

there's a orthodox heresy that takes away all it's cool stuff and gives you female temple holders. wow amazing. it doesn't even give you female commanders/councilors like cathars. yazidi gets to exocommunicate, but that's it.

paradox plz make the heresies actually interesting to play, and make cathars not have female heir/ruler opinion penalties. sick of making a cathar realm and my idiot vassals hate me for having a female heir even though they are totally down with women in every other way.

pagans should also probably get heresies based on contact with organized religions or something, like how the norse believed that christians were all magic early on or something. make them more interesting than blah blot blah blah

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

messalians are ftw bc they worship satan and can gently caress their sisters

Is that a catholic heresy?

I'm gonna have to figure out how to get that one.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

OkieMurse posted:

Is that a catholic heresy?

I'm gonna have to figure out how to get that one.

nestorian, so good luck! but they do get all the benefits of catharism too

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Effectronica posted:

nestorian, so good luck! but they do get all the benefits of catharism too

Bleh, that'd be hard to convert my whole empire to.

I thought about installing an antipope to encourage a heresy so that i have instant CB on everyone.

Another history lesson (although not well documented): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euchites

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

you could just whip out ruler designer or the console

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

how are nestorians are they lovely pseudo-orthodox like miasyphites?

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

you could just whip out ruler designer or the console

good point

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i like how all pagans are homies in ck2

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They do a lot more now that Hungary doesn't have the stupid +200% or whatever coring cost. I rarely see them terrorize the the Habsburgs though. Poland and Russia they terrorize plenty.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

A lot of the heresies should probably make cities their capital holding instead of baronies considering the anti-nobility / anti-clerical vein running through most of the big medieval heresies.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

how are nestorians are they lovely pseudo-orthodox like miasyphites?

I like their cross but I dunno cause I don't feel like playing that one island.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

I like their cross but I dunno cause I don't feel like playing that one island.

one of the golden horde starters is one but he has gimpy stats lol

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

It's still hosed that monasteries and non-military religious orders don't exist in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

one of the golden horde starters is one but he has gimpy stats lol

That would be cool but being a guy like that surrounded by Muslims sounds too easy.