Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Unless I missed something, people with asian ancestry aren't colored yellow.

UGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Unless I missed something, people with asian ancestry aren't colored yellow. Granted I have only traveled throughout half the continent, so I can't really speak of all of it.

This is surely not a good faith arguement, right? Like there is no loving way.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Unless I missed something, people with asian ancestry aren't colored yellow. Granted I have only traveled throughout half the continent, so I can't really speak of all of it.

Just want to join the dogpile and say how bad this post is. One of the worst! Ever!

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
Sarcasm people, jesus.

e:
If you are painting your face yellow and calling yourself asian, you are deliberately engaging in a racist portrayal of an ethnic group because (obviously) asians are not yellow. It is the equivalent of the shoe polish and watermelon. You are intent on being a racist rear end in a top hat by doing it.

This is a far cry from cosplaying with extensive makeup and costume to realistically match skin color and demeanor of a character who happens to have african ancestry. There is no racist intent here, it is just someone who likes to cosplay. It is someone dressing up in costume to respectfully portray a character that they are a fan of.

Cheesemaster200 has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Oct 18, 2014

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
gas this loving thread, burn it to the ground and let us start over.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm gonna be so goddamned sad when you idiots get this thread killed.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

10 Beers posted:

Pretty decent cosplay of the titular Chaika from Chaika the Coffin Princess

a kitten has a new favorite as of 03:34 on Oct 18, 2014

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Here are some random Starcraft and Diablo cosplay:

I don't know Diablo that much, what character is this?

Love this one.

10 Beers posted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

HardDisk posted:

I don't know Diablo that much, what character is this?

Love this one.

Looks like a demon hunter.... one of my pics....

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Yeah I know, right? It is almost like people of all ethnicities are able to discern an opinion on what is and is not considered distasteful in their society in different contexts. You might be able to say that some people have different opinions on this. However it would be hard to discern this from your last post that seemed to imply that white people's opinions on the matter don't count, simply because of the fact that they are white.

As other people have said, you're a loving idiot. Yellowface is absolutely a thing even if it doesn't involve literally painting your face like a canary.

And just like Blackface, it's an expression of white dominance. Either dressing up as a minority expressly to mock them, or in order to crowd out the role from an actual person of color. You can't separate this poo poo from it's history. No one is going to give a poo poo about Buddhism when you show off your new swastika tattoo.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Looks like a demon hunter.... one of my pics....

Lovin that pauldron.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Thank you to the people who label their pictures with at least the game/show. Though all the costumes in the thread look cool and good, you can't tell just how accurate they are if you don't have any idea who they are. :)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

i routinely go out in blue face.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that's just silly how can a hologram hold a gun

Luegene Cards
Oct 25, 2004
Why does a hologram need boobs?

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Luegene Cards posted:

Because demographics.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Luegene Cards posted:

That's the silliest question I've read since "why does that table lamp need boobs?"

YouTubeTekReviewer
Apr 25, 2005

HardDisk posted:

Here are some random Starcraft and Diablo cosplay:

Just FYI that this is a statue that Blizzard likes to trot out for display at BlizzCon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Luegene Cards posted:

Soldiers can't shoot without a Murder Boner.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

So going to Fury in period dress went smooth. Had a few kids go wow and a few adults say stuff.
So not a kids movie though holy poo poo.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sagging Boob Plate.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm going to assume that's a body stocking with some modifications because holy poo poo that would take forever to do as paint.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

LingcodKilla posted:

So going to Fury in period dress went smooth. Had a few kids go wow and a few adults say stuff.
So not a kids movie though holy poo poo.

Yeah there were a couple of kids in the showing I went to, and I had to wonder....

I wish I had a US kit of any kind, because I definitely would have worn it. But my American kit is from the AWI, no WWII. ;)

Just so the post isn't totally useless:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Kwyndig posted:

I'm going to assume that's a body stocking with some modifications because holy poo poo that would take forever to do as paint.

That is heavily photoshopped so unless you can find the source of the picture it's kind of a crapshoot whether it's actually a Cortana cosplay or just somebody photoshopping a stock photo of a naked lady holding a gun in to Cortana. The head also looks pasted on, so I'd bet on the latter.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Count Uvula posted:

That is heavily photoshopped so unless you can find the source of the picture it's kind of a crapshoot whether it's actually a Cortana cosplay or just somebody photoshopping a stock photo of a naked lady holding a gun in to Cortana. The head also looks pasted on, so I'd bet on the latter.

If you do a GIS for that image, there are like four others of her in various poses. It's almost definitely a cosplay from that alone.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Personally I think it's in bad taste to not do Michonne in blackface. I mean for gods sake you goons, what message does that send?
A lot of great actors have done blackface. Let's see, we have the great C. Thomas Howell in Soul Man. We got the Wayans brother in White Chicks, that was a very tasteful example of reverse blackface.

Basically what I'm saying is you gotta make it tasteful.

And you gotta make the lips funny.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

fippo posted:

Just FYI that this is a statue that Blizzard likes to trot out for display at BlizzCon.

Well let's make up for it with real cosplay, here's my best friend as Kerrigan and me and my other bestie lumbering along behind her.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

fippo posted:

Is that the statue with the butt that the blizzard people are so proud of?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

My apologies for not catching this earlier, but shut the gently caress up about blackface and yellowface. Jesus.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
COSTUMES

Fantastic Leo Cosplay as Leona from League of Legends

I myself am about to get ready to do a new 40k photoshoot so I'll be self-posting some more later, deal with it :c00lbert:

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

McPantserton posted:

COSTUMES

I myself am about to get ready to do a new 40k photoshoot so I'll be self-posting some more later, deal with it :c00lbert:

Ooh! What are you doing this time? Is it your chaos berserker again or something new?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
A friend of mine is going as Hodor from Game of Thrones for Halloween and we are trying to find out the exact name for the style of clothing/outfit he is wearing in this picture to get it as close as possible (we are also making a fake Bran for him to carry). I was wondering if any of you cosplay knowledgeable folk could help us out?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

A friend of mine is going as Hodor from Game of Thrones for Halloween and we are trying to find out the exact name for the style of clothing/outfit he is wearing in this picture to get it as close as possible (we are also making a fake Bran for him to carry). I was wondering if any of you cosplay knowledgeable folk could help us out?

I would say Linen tunic. There are several Jesus/monk patterns on the market that you could use and just add a cowl neck to it and distress it.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

McPantserton posted:

COSTUMES

drat! Amazing costume.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

DeadBonesBrook posted:

he should probably focus on losing weight instead

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TenementFunster posted:

Hodor?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Hodor hodor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

TenementFunster posted:

But then how would he drop phat beats yo?

• Locked thread