Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is DBM worth getting back into? I found it about 4 years ago and read what they had and it was fine (the art was really good), but I don't know if I should catch up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

VanSandman posted:

Haha he would.

Was there ever a DBM chapter that explained King Piccolo?

No there hasn't been one yet.

On the same note, there is supposed to be a third Gast special in the future, so maybe that's a spoiler for the upcoming fight. I don't think they've done a special for a universe already out of the tournament.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Is DBM worth getting back into? I found it about 4 years ago and read what they had and it was fine (the art was really good), but I don't know if I should catch up.

I'm in the same boat as you and its definitely worth it. Read it a few years ago and stopped for some reason after the Vegito/Brolly fight. got back into it a couple weeks ago and its still fun.

I still have to read the special chapters/backgrounds though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Darko posted:

Yeah, "the worst wish." Goku wishes for something really bad (probably someone strong to fight at his level) and then a lot of fighting happens.

They also said Vegeta would play a larger role in the new movie too.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Emperor Veggie Kakarot is interesting, at first I just thought that he was Goku who didn't hit his head, but he still knew Krillin as a friend, so he presumably trained with Roshi. I guess him having his saiyan rage creeping up every so often could be because of his saiyan heritage bubbling up. But now I'm wondering if the divergence point is that this Goku won the first World Martial Arts Tournament, got arrogant and ended up killing his friends in giant monkey from.

It's probably not that, but I like the idea, it jumps out to me as one of the most major turning points of Goku's life.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Prison Warden posted:

Emperor Veggie Kakarot is interesting, at first I just thought that he was Goku who didn't hit his head, but he still knew Krillin as a friend, so he presumably trained with Roshi. I guess him having his saiyan rage creeping up every so often could be because of his saiyan heritage bubbling up. But now I'm wondering if the divergence point is that this Goku won the first World Martial Arts Tournament, got arrogant and ended up killing his friends in giant monkey from.

It's probably not that, but I like the idea, it jumps out to me as one of the most major turning points of Goku's life.

I'd like to imagine that the first parts of Dragonball still happened but Goku was a massive dick the whole time (but still managed to make some earth friends I guess), before he got increasingly aggressive and just ended up killing everyone.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Krillian died in DB right? That could have been a breaking point.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Prison Warden posted:

I think it may have still been that Goku didn't hit his head. Grandpa Gohan was able to keep him in check, maybe thought Roshi would help him out. As Goku got older he became more insane. Something like that. After Goku hit his head he pretty much became the gentle soul we know from the series. I don't see him killing Krillin and Yamcha out of sheer boredom if he won the tournament.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
TFS released the original version of the sleeping Goku scene in episode 44.

Personally I like this a lot better, if only for more Gohan sass.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Alternate scene was way better.

Plus, poking fun at Yamacha is a bonus.

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
After thinking about it a little today while bored at work, I think the scene I'm most looking forward to in DBZA is the first SSJ3 transformation. In my head, it's basically as long as in the anime except with Vegetta shouting "gently caress" until the VA nearly passes out instead of Goku doing the power up scream. For all the weird power creep, the power ups in this series all tend to be fairly impactful moments. Vegetta's reaction to Gohan vs Cell should be good too.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Neo_Crimson posted:

TFS released the original version of the sleeping Goku scene in episode 44.

Personally I like this a lot better, if only for more Gohan sass.

"Don't you ever make excuses for Yamcha." That and "When you go to sleep tonight? Don't go to sleep tonight." I like the one they went with, and I think it worked better for what they wanted, but that was a pretty good bit on its own.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm not fond of Chi-chi (not necessarily their representation) so I didn't mind them skipping it.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
:( oh well

good night sweet prince

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
drat, that's disappointing.

Robot Uprising
Sep 19, 2006

Spinning Buzz Saws
So does this mean he has double Vegeta ghosts ?

Can we get a double Vegeta fusion dance?

Robot Uprising fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 17, 2014

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Nooooo!

In fairness, Raichi can probably contest Ghast, given he's going to roll in with like Gotenks, Majin Buu and Tapion.

Oh and SS3 Vegeta :D

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
King Piccolo's line when the fight is announced perfectly captures my sentiment.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Robot Uprising posted:

So does this mean he has double Vegeta ghosts ?

Can we get a double Vegeta fusion dance?

...what would you name such a thing? Double Vegeta? Vevegegetata? Maximum OverVegeta?

Also King Piccolo has 4th wall breaking powers, Gast might be in trouble!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Goddammit. Emperor Veggie was way more fun than loving Raichi.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
drat you guys.

Yes I'm so into DBZ that I get upset at spoilers for a fan manga released decades later.

Edit: ↓↓↓↓ It's on the news page: http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/accueil.html

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 17, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is there an actual bracket for DBM? I had the impression that all the fights were picked at random, but in the second round, the characters are acting as though they know who their opponent will be.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Ghost Vegeta totally should've turned right around and glassed Raichi. A SAIYAN ALWAYS KEEPS HIS PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE*fart*

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bushmaori posted:

drat you guys.

Yes I'm so into DBZ that I get upset at spoilers for a fan manga released decades later.

Edit: ↓↓↓↓ It's on the news page: http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/accueil.html

Yeah I was going to complain about this Wednesday, but then I realized it might just be a better idea to check the page when I know it's out before this thread.

Also unironically love how this thread has become the DBM discussion thread recently.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh, wow, I'd actually never seen that before.

...drat. Next round could be pretty awesome, especially if Freeza has a decent strategy versus Goku and Gotenks has some good tricks versus Zen Buu. Those are the only two fights I'd at all expect to be blowouts.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Looking forward to Gotenks vs Fat Buu rematch, Uub vs Zen Buu, and Bra vs Vegeta

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Universe 8 had the smartest Krillin.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kild posted:

Looking forward to Gotenks vs Fat Buu rematch, Uub vs Zen Buu, and Bra vs Vegeta

Wrong way. It's Gotenks vs Zen Buu, Uub vs Majin Buu, Bra vs Cold, Vegeta vs Kakarott.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wrong way. It's Gotenks vs Zen Buu, Uub vs Majin Buu, Bra vs Cold, Vegeta vs Kakarott.

Oh woops misread that poo poo. I think those battles would be cooler to see though.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

That's just not how brackets work in general. Only the final is shown as head to head. In order to save space they'll switch to a finals bracket once all the finalists are determined.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Man, I totally get what you guy were saying over the last few pages. Emperor Vegeta was way cooler than Raichi. That loss was total bullshit.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Bra vs Cold is gonna be a lot of fun.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Bra vs Cold is gonna be a lot of fun.

I'll be interested to see just how much more powerful Cold is than his kids. He beat the living manshit out of Bardock when he went 100%, and Bardock was probably at least a little stronger as a Super Saiyan than Goku was when he first fought Freeza - having been able to do it for a while and all.

...Come to think of it, where the gently caress is Bardock? Cold didn't kill him.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
drat, I'm as annoyed as I was when Universe 8 Krillin lost to Tapion. Tapion had ONE gimmick, Raichi has ONE gimmick, we already KNOW how their fights are going to go. Tapion's going to summon that monster-thing and the other guy's gonna fly around until he hits Tapion or gets killed. Raichi is going to summon a bunch of ghosts and sic 'em on his opponent. Meanwhile, Krillin had the Kaio-Ken and probably a bunch of other abilities; how would he have done against dudes like Cell, the Super Saiyans, Freeza, the androids, or whoever? He probably would still lose but I still wanted to see how it would go. Same goes for Prince Vegeta. He just became a Super Saiyan 3, for crying out loud. Let's see him fight Majin Buu now! But nope, now we're gonna see Raichi summon some more ghosts.

So yeah, dudes-who-are-making-this-fan-manga: way to go with picking the LEAST interesting outcomes for those fights.

I'm way more emotionally invested than I should be.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
There's going to be a tournament breaking plot element.

Just calling it now.

In case anyone here has never seen an anime before.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Wish we had more movie & other side material representation besides Broly(yawn), Tapion, and Raichi(unless I'm forgetting about some others), seriously they could go in all sorts of wonderful weird directions(like a Dr Wheelo who succeeded in putting his brain in Goku's body, and used SCIENCE!!!! to conquer his home universe, or a Super Android 18, or a Majin Garlic Junior for example)

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

drrockso20 posted:

Wish we had more movie & other side material representation besides Broly(yawn), Tapion, and Raichi(unless I'm forgetting about some others), seriously they could go in all sorts of wonderful weird directions(like a Dr Wheelo who succeeded in putting his brain in Goku's body, and used SCIENCE!!!! to conquer his home universe, or a Super Android 18, or a Majin Garlic Junior for example)

Beerus needs to pop by and laugh at these weak fools. Too bad Battle of the Gods wasn't made before DB:M.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Rudoku posted:

Beerus needs to pop by and laugh at these weak fools. Too bad Battle of the Gods wasn't made before DB:M.

A line of Vegetas dancing to the Bingo song.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blue Star posted:

drat, I'm as annoyed as I was when Universe 8 Krillin lost to Tapion. Tapion had ONE gimmick, Raichi has ONE gimmick, we already KNOW how their fights are going to go. Tapion's going to summon that monster-thing and the other guy's gonna fly around until he hits Tapion or gets killed. Raichi is going to summon a bunch of ghosts and sic 'em on his opponent. Meanwhile, Krillin had the Kaio-Ken and probably a bunch of other abilities; how would he have done against dudes like Cell, the Super Saiyans, Freeza, the androids, or whoever? He probably would still lose but I still wanted to see how it would go. Same goes for Prince Vegeta. He just became a Super Saiyan 3, for crying out loud. Let's see him fight Majin Buu now! But nope, now we're gonna see Raichi summon some more ghosts.

So yeah, dudes-who-are-making-this-fan-manga: way to go with picking the LEAST interesting outcomes for those fights.

I'm way more emotionally invested than I should be.

It wouldn't be so bad if Raichi wasn't so insufferably smug. I mean, come on, he literally went 'hee hee hee' after he won. Emperor Veggie wasn't that complex himself, but at least he was having a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Every DBZ villain is insufferably smug. Even the ones who don't start that way turn into it at some point.

• Locked thread