Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I guess Ill try out claptrap, unless the Gladiator is really cool?

Is their a profile editor yet? I would rather be able to switch classes and not have to start over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Willhem Users: Does Supresssion (the thing in the left tree that improves your fire rate for you and for Wolf by a TON) does it trigger on Wolf killing something too or just yourself?

Basically I'm asking if I can just sit back and make Wolf murder EVERYTHING.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

goodness posted:

I guess Ill try out claptrap, unless the Gladiator is really cool?

Is their a profile editor yet? I would rather be able to switch classes and not have to start over.

Athena's pretty cool and her left and right trees are pretty good. The middle tree is kind of weak because it's melee-focused and those always suck unless it's Krieg.

Anyway, I'm wondering how Jack's Double will play. In Borderlands 2, they saved the more complicated characters for DLC, so I'm wondering if he'll have some interesting mechanics like Gaige or Krieg.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

SunAndSpring posted:

Anyway, I'm wondering how Jack's Double will play. In Borderlands 2, they saved the more complicated characters for DLC, so I'm wondering if he'll have some interesting mechanics like Gaige or Krieg.

I'm wondering if he and Miss Skunk-stripe each count as one DLC for the projected season pass 4 pack.

e: Also, regarding trying to figure out where she fits in: Aurilia has that same silver streak as Marcus.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 18, 2014

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Athena's pretty cool and her left and right trees are pretty good. The middle tree is kind of weak because it's melee-focused and those always suck unless it's Krieg.

Yeah, it looks interesting. Instead of summoning one pet, you summon MANY expendable doubles who just rush the enemy in a small flood.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm wondering if he and Miss Skunkstripe each count as one DLC for the projected season pass 4 pack.

This is Gearbox we're talking about; of course they will.

Also curious as to how the Baroness will play. Someone said she was a Maliwan bigwig (supported by the fact that one of the color schemes you can pick up is the same as her default and is called Style by Maliwan or something), so she'll definitely have an Elemental damage focus.

Edit: Anyway, I'm guessing the Greater Good tree focuses on his action skill, Free Enterprise has something to do with using specific gun brands (guessing from the end skill), and I dunno about the third tree because it's obscured :v:

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 18, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

CJacobs posted:

Welp a streamer got Jack's Body Double working somehow. He and the other lady are already on the game disc on consoles which is not surprising since they already said they were coming pretty early on (but people are still whining about it like big babies anyway). Click here if you wanna be spoiled on his action skill.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I ALREADY SAID WOULD HAPPEN

JACKS CRAWLING OUT OF JACK'S CORPSE

NEVERENDIN LOOP OF JACK DOUBLES FOREVER

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Claptrap users, what's a good build?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The game seems to have duplicated my Saint at some point on my Wilhelm run. Now every time I use my action skill he throws out two Saints and one Wolf. Is there a skill of his that I missed that causes him to push out two Saints instead of one upon using his action skill?

For reference, I'm only like level 12.

edit: Oh, wait, the first Saint just doesn't ever go away.

Weird. He just flies around me not doing anything like he's lakitu in Super Mario 64 or something.

This happened to me. Was pretty OP since I had the ability that made Saint restore 40% of my shields, and he would do it every 5 seconds or so.

SunAndSpring posted:

Also curious as to how the Baroness will play. Someone said she was a Maliwan bigwig (supported by the fact that one of the color schemes you can pick up is the same as her default and is called Style by Maliwan or something), so she'll definitely have an Elemental damage focus.

They dug up one of her class mods which gave a boost to Cryo damage, so at least one tree of hers will be ice-based most likely. She could be a Siren.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Mottie posted:

I've been kinda struggling with this too, the table keeps throwing "invalid cheat table" and various lua errors, with or without the fix, I got it working for a bit then the game crashed and now the cheat table is all kinds of hosed.

Tabletops posted:

what the fudge do I actually do with that table and .ct file?

It works for me (or at least, I get no errors; I haven't noticed any difference in game other than marginally more greens, but maybe that's my imagination).

Open the .ct file, which will launch CE. Select your process like normal (if you launched CE first, you'll have to reselect the process). Ctrl + Alt + L to open the lua editor (or can use the drop-down box). Scroll down to the indicated rarity grouping section, replace by pasting in the stuff from the post. File --> Save. Then, while still in the Lua editor (re-open if necessary if you closed it), at the bottom should be a button to execute the script. If it works, a window should come up with

"*Latest Cheat Compilation Locations:
*Google Drive: PLACEHOLDER
*Dropbox: PLACEHOLDER
~Hooked Process: BorderlandsPreSequel.exe (30524)" (or something similar).

Then, I think all you need to do is check the entry (back in the main CE window) for "Enable". More poo poo will appear below it that that works like a hierarchical menu -- check the box for a thing in order to see its options or select it.

-edit- you'll need to turn lootsplosion on if you want to actually see any real effects.

Leif. fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 18, 2014

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Rokstar posted:

Wilhelm with the cyber commando tree and an express shield is ace. His vengeance cannon is up pretty much any time he gets hit. Kind of risky since your health is going to get wrecked pretty regularly, but I like risky so that's fine.

And added bonus, you get to hear Wilhelm's super excited "Oh hey buddy!" more often!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh hey, Wilhelm's "shoot while sprinting" skill has the unmarked added benefit of taking away the movement speed reduction while you're aiming down your gun's sights. Sweet!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wish the game had that thing Diablo 3 had where if you aren't getting any legendary drops for a long time, the game will vomit one out for you anyway. I've only found a Fatale and that's it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

CJacobs posted:

Oh hey, Wilhelm's "shoot while sprinting" skill has the unmarked added benefit of taking away the movement speed reduction while you're aiming down your gun's sights. Sweet!

Holy poo poo.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Working Pre-Sequel tables - no editing needed! https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM

Tested out... the .cetrainer one if I remember right, and it worked fine. You do need the latest version of CheatEngine or you get errors, though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

wdarkk posted:

Holy poo poo.

I... take it back? I guess it was a glitch maybe? Either that or it was working before and it's glitching now. I'm having a lot of glitches with the skill augmentations in this game! Nisha can dual wield any weapon forever instead of just pistols, Wilhelm's action skill sometimes spawns multiple Wolfs and Saints for no reason, and Claptrap's bigass bomb sometimes inexplicably doesn't do any damage to you when you don't get anything in the blast radius. And that's just for the characters!

edit: Figured it out. In this case it was not a glitch. The Ice Scream or the shotgun (forget the name) you get from that ice drilling quest don't slow you down when you're aiming down the sights. And I was using the former! Sorry for getting anyone excited. :v:

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Any way to disable the stupid low sens when zooming on console?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Kaethela posted:

Working Pre-Sequel tables - no editing needed! https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM

Tested out... the .cetrainer one if I remember right, and it worked fine. You do need the latest version of CheatEngine or you get errors, though.

The way it was linked before you had to edit the table. Is that not the case anymore?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

SunAndSpring posted:

Edit: Anyway, I'm guessing the Greater Good tree focuses on his action skill, Free Enterprise has something to do with using specific gun brands (guessing from the end skill), and I dunno about the third tree because it's obscured :v:

It's called Doppelganger, so it'd either be becoming just like Jack or making the clones you have as good as possible. Judging by all the skulls, maybe Greater Good is all about sacrificing clones in contrast to a more preservation-based Doppelganger?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm hoping Doppleganger's capstone gives each clone a chance to be equipped with a random gun you've equipped.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

wdarkk posted:

I'm hoping Doppleganger's capstone gives each clone a chance to be equipped with a random gun you've equipped.

Judging by the final skill in the middle tree's icon I'd say it allows you to do damage to your Jack clones, in order to detonate them early for added bonuses or something similar. Can't say about the right/left trees since I can't get a good look at em from the screenshot.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

goodness posted:

The way it was linked before you had to edit the table. Is that not the case anymore?

That is correct. These are updated, and work right out of the box. No editing required. Just downloaded a fresh copy of both of those from my link, and each one worked perfectly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holy friggin crap, Wilhelm's shoot while sprinting skill and its 20% gun damage bonus are incredible when paired with Zarpedon's Cyber Eagle because it has 100% pin-perfect accuracy and no recoil... unless you're sprinting, which is nullified by Wilhelm's skill getting rid of the usual recoil penalty while sprinting!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Kaethela posted:

That is correct. These are updated, and work right out of the box. No editing required. Just downloaded a fresh copy of both of those from my link, and each one worked perfectly.

So what do I check in this huge list of things to make the loot actually drop rare things and legendaries occasionally?

Loot Sploder or Loot Sploder Advanced?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

goodness posted:

So what do I check in this huge list of things to make the loot actually drop rare things and legendaries occasionally?

Scripts > Rarity Drop Mod > Rarity Drop Modifier. Should be easy enough to figure out from there. I don't actually know what the Loot Sploder ones do.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oh man, I just unlocked the Grinder. This poo poo is addictive.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Kaethela posted:

Scripts > Rarity Drop Mod > Rarity Drop Modifier. Should be easy enough to figure out from there. I don't actually know what the Loot Sploder ones do.

Loot Sploder makes it so that when you kill an enemy that drops a weapon or a shield, they drop like 10 or more of them. (Looks like only those things though; O2, ammo, moonstone, cash, and such all drop as normal).

I turned it on in the RedBelly Arena, with the limitless midgets.....the floor was covered in purple and orange by the time I finally figured out where the objective was.

For actually messing with the rarity, it's either what Kaethela posted, or you can use the presets, which are located in a different tab.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
The drop rate is def better I'm swimming in blues and purples barely using the grinder

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Heads up for people who are outgrowing their legendaries: Hold onto them in the bank or something instead of selling them, as the grinder has a recipe that will always produce a legendary of your preferred type. If you put any two legendaries in the top two slots, and then a purple weapon of your preferred type in the bottom, it will always spit out a legendary of that type AND it has a chance to be Luneshined if you moonstone grind it.

So, yknow, keep that in mind.

edit: Apparently it has a very small chance to spit out a purple instead of an orange, but if you moonstone grind it, it will always give the top possible result which is orange.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Holy crap Poopdeck is a hard boss. Kinda wishing I could officially just jump straight into TVHM, though. Normal is really goddamned easy.

skaboomizzy posted:

Oh man, I just unlocked the Grinder. This poo poo is addictive.

I am perpetually broke because I hardly sell anything. I just obsessively feed things into the Grinder, churning out a greatly condensed arsenal--most of which ultimately gets sold to the vending machines.

Also, that Doppleganger character sounds pretty interesting. It's always nice to have a couple of choices for characters with "summon" skills (especially when soloing) so this dude sounds like a perfect addition.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Heads up for people who are outgrowing their legendaries: Hold onto them in the bank or something instead of selling them, as the grinder has a recipe that will always produce a legendary of your preferred type. If you put any two legendaries in the top two slots, and then a purple weapon of your preferred type in the bottom, it will always spit out a legendary of that type AND it has a chance to be Luneshined if you moonstone grind it.

So, yknow, keep that in mind.

edit: Apparently it has a very small chance to spit out a purple instead of an orange, but if you moonstone grind it, it will always give the top possible result which is orange.

Apparently the level of the gun with this recipe is based on the lowest level gun used in the grinder, so keep that in mind.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Are you all setting it to Weight 4 (Rare) or what?

(keeping in mind first playthrough)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

goodness posted:

My go-to in BL2 was 100/100/40/30/20/10/5 for the rarity weights. Start at 0 and go to 6, change each one, etc. Dunno if they changed it all for this one, just putting it out there. The way it worked in 2 at least was each number represents how likely it is for that color item to drop. The higher the number the more likely it is. It's a little more complicated than that since I think they're all relative to each other and I don't quite know how it works behind the scenes, but that should at least get you started.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

goodness posted:

I'm not using any loot drop mod at all, at the moment. Personally I think the loot drop rate in this game is great even if it being improved from the previous game is possibly a partial placebo.

One quality of life change I really really really appreciate is that they don't dump 15 sidequests on you at one single point in the game. Coming back to Sanctuary when you unlock access to the Highlands in BL2 was a big bother to me because as soon as you meet the BL1 crew in the hideout, the next chapter starts and a bajillion sidequests pop up all over the game world at once. In this game I think the max I ever had was 7 including the main quest.

Also, no fuckhuge quest chains that require running back and forth between one or two areas for an hour and a half like the god drat clan war quest uggggghhhhh

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
The entirety of this game is poorly-designed, overtuned dogshit. A lot like the final playthrough of BL2 only worse.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Gaige's Dad ought to be a DLC character with some sort of vehicle-summoning golf cart action skill.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Mr Scumbag posted:

The entirety of this game is poorly-designed, overtuned dogshit. A lot like the final playthrough of BL2 only worse.

You've been poorly-designed, overturned dogshit since the day you slithered out of that spider you call a mom. :torgue: :torgue: :torgue:

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!
If you haven't signed up for the Borderlands SHiFT thing, I suggest that you do so now. I came across this link today...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326533939

It has codes you can enter in for keys to open the golden chest in Concordia.

I've tried these keys and the majority of them worked, but I know they will expire in a few days. I ended up with 32 keys, go forth and claim your purple prizes!

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
If you guys have the 30 moonstone bonus whens starting a new game from having Borderlands 1+2 save files, there is an easy way to earn unlimited moonstones. (Sorry if this has been said, I haven't seen mention of it)

Just hit new game, hit escape to skip the intro cut scene, then again escape and quit the character select screen back to main menu. Click select character, click the character you want moonstones on, the hit continue on the main menu. You will reload your game but will get the 30 moonstone startup bonus (plus the 2 free guns) again like you started a new game. Then just repeat it over and over. Quit, new game, leave character select, select your character, hit continue. 30 moonstones every time.

I was stoked to figure that out so I could quickly max my inventory/bank space, because the 12 you start off with is woefully low. poo poo, the max 27 is way too low. I don't understand why the inventory space is restricted so much in these games, it's freaking annoying. I hope to find a mod soon that will let me increase the inventory/bank space past the normal maximum like I did in B1 and B2.

Speaking of moonstones, are there uses for them other than buying poo poo at the whatchu want guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prize Chicken
Feb 21, 2007

Found another good thing when saving and exiting in Concordia.

Start a new game (you can press esc to skip the intro video)
On the character select screen exit back to main screen.
Select your character again, and continue game.
If you have loyalty bonus items, you get them again. Leveled versions of the smasher and bullpup, as well as 30 moonstones. Repeatable! The smasher stays the same, but the bullpup has different elemental variants.

• Locked thread