Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Oh, there's another one on the other side. Also I didn't notice it before but now I can't unsee the huge globs (greenstuff? glue?) around the HK missile.

The worst part is, I know this is exactly the sort of horseshit I would have tried to pull off back in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

The modeller was lazy - those rhino smokestacks could have been converted into barrel jackets.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
There's some... interesting Blood Pact stuff on eBay:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That guy in the middle appears to have a flesh-backpack.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Prepare for an onslaught of my misspent youth

I couldn't afford a dreadnaught

Out of legs? no problem!

This one i didn't make, but it appeared among my spacemans somehow.

he's just too cool4school

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Frobbe posted:

Out of legs? no problem!

This one i didn't make, but it appeared among my spacemans somehow.

he's just too cool4school

these are actually p cool and creative

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Frobbe posted:

Out of legs? no problem!

owns

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
That dread is more 40k than the actual model. Arms are the wrong way around though.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Frobbe posted:

This is creative as heck, and adorable to boot.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Part two of this weirdo's Blue Table Painting Saga. Fun starts at 19m30s.

lol $28,000 to have his army painted one level higher than the best job he got.

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 16, 2014

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Watching this now. I would hate dealing with people like this (BTP).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

spacegoat posted:

Part two of this weirdo's Blue Table Painting Saga. Fun starts at 19m30s.

lol $28,000 to have his army painted one level higher than the best job he got.

What an idiot.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
he didn't actually pay 28,000 dollars, that's just what it would cost if he chose to have his entire army (9k points of CD) painted up to 'level 7' by BTP

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

he didn't actually pay 28,000 dollars, that's just what it would cost if he chose to have his entire army (9k points of CD) painted up to 'level 7' by BTP

So how much DID he pay for the whole thing?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I honestly have no idea, but it's probably still way too much.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I think it was something like 14 bucks per dude in the infantry squads and $250 for the centerpiece monstrous creature stuff. That's what I remember from his thread on Dakka and the first vid is all.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
keep in mind it's like 5-6 dollars for an infernal guard and they are not difficult models to paint at all.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
"Your deposit is a binder and commits you to the completion of the project. You are making a commitment to see the project through and not canceling it for any reason."

- Americansmallbusinessowner.txt

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's actually just americancriminal.txt because that's ridiculously insane

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

SRM posted:

I think it was something like 14 bucks per dude in the infantry squads and $250 for the centerpiece monstrous creature stuff. That's what I remember from his thread on Dakka and the first vid is all.

That's insane. It's more than I charge for my services for what is my standard tabletop-ready level of painting.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
"Staff Adjustments:
I have already fired one person...this was for taking your project and not completing it by the deadline.
I am likely to still terminate employment or at least write up 1-3 more staff on account of how this project has turned out."

:smugbert:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Slimnoid posted:

That's insane. It's more than I charge for my services for what is my standard tabletop-ready level of painting.
Yeah, and your poo poo actually looks really good. People are willing to pay a lot for the brand for whatever reason.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

SRM posted:

People are willing to pay a lot for the brand for whatever reason.

I think that has to do with how aggressive BTP is at advertising itself.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slimnoid posted:

I think that has to do with how aggressive BTP is at advertising itself.

Yeah, they're huge on getting their name out there. They're the only big domestic painting service that I know in the US. Everyone else is a single guy or couple operation. BTP seems to make their bread and butter by suckering people and operating out of a very pro-business state.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Not the worst I have seen on a technical level, but this interesting creature popped up in my searches.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I like it

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

starkebn posted:

I like it

Yeah, technically it's not-awful, and it looks pretty tzeentchy or slaaneshy, but I have the horribly feeling it's actually a worshipper of that notorious chaos god Brone, making it pretty brony...

sorry

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I adore those rainbow spikes, they're the best.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I love the goopy smiley face on the axe.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Yeah this is rad, what the hell

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I bet if you turn it around it has a greenstuff tail. The fedora is probably still a WIP. Otherwise, cool mini.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Let me just check putty and paint before I go to bed... :stonk:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Let me just check putty and paint before I go to bed... :stonk:

The... this whole thing. Her bowlegged stance, the "weak" pose, the goddamned thong. Nope, no misogynistic man-children in my hobby. At least the purple isn't too bad, maybe?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm never going to unsee Space Marine boots as Uggs.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

YF19pilot posted:

The... this whole thing. Her bowlegged stance, the "weak" pose, the goddamned thong. Nope, no misogynistic man-children in my hobby. At least the purple isn't too bad, maybe?

The sad thing, as with many similar models, is that the painting and the modelling are of high quality. The subject matter is just disturbingly lovely. It's like the notorious guardsmen-on-elder rape diorama. In fact, similar enough that I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guy...

It's also like Kingdom Death. it's such a loving shame when people with talent like that make such dreck.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

YF19pilot posted:

Are you kidding? I wish I could paint faces like this.

This is what pisses me off. I try my damnedest and still end up with googly eyes half the time and this guy is probably cranking out Thong Marines. It's like watching a guy with the lottery and spend it all on Chuck E Cheese tokens.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

thespaceinvader posted:

The sad thing, as with many similar models, is that the painting and the modelling are of high quality. The subject matter is just disturbingly lovely. It's like the notorious guardsmen-on-elder rape diorama. In fact, similar enough that I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guy...

It's also like Kingdom Death. it's such a loving shame when people with talent like that make such dreck.

It's possible it could be done out of irony and that the guy harvests all the creepy replies and puts them in grogs.txt threads but that's a lot of ironic effort

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

That guy is a studio painter for Kingdom Death.

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Scott_Hockley click for his portfolio, bonus tentacle rape and other horrors.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 18, 2014

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
I kind of like it, I'm imagining a Kill Team squad of "Girl Power" Anime-barbie Chaos-marines. PRINCESS SPICE SQUAD GO!!! Khorne could be some soft of body building gal done up like an death metal fan...

I imagine quite a few people getting mad about it because of "not taking the game seriously" hopefull less getting mad because they think i'm a creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Are you kidding? I wish I could paint faces like this.

This is what pisses me off. I try my damnedest and still end up with googly eyes half the time and this guy is probably cranking out Thong Marines. It's like watching a guy with the lottery and spend it all on Chuck E Cheese tokens.

lmao at comparing talent to the lottery. It's terrible subject matter but that skill was practiced and earned, not genetic.

Keep practicing. Those eyes will be less googly eventually.