Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prize Chicken
Feb 21, 2007

Damo posted:

If you guys have the 30 moonstone bonus whens starting a new game from having Borderlands 1+2 save files, there is an easy way to earn unlimited moonstones. (Sorry if this has been said, I haven't seen mention of it)

Heh, just stumbled into this myself. I love that all BL games are broken one way or the other.

Moonstones can be used to open special chests (at 40 a pop) or used at the grinder to ensure a best result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
I bought the game, played it through up to the RK4 bossfight...

Did they even playtest this fight? I understand that his attacks are all telegraphed by screaming out stupid bullshit before he swoops in, but for some stupid reason he accelerates to mach 9 when he does the linear bomb drop attack, leaving me little to no time to dodge it. The crap he spawns on the ground is also super loving irritating as well. There's lots of small poo poo moving around that does large chunks of damage, and the everpresent flying d-bag himself that is raining death on you at all times.

It feels like they're making the same mistakes as borderlands 2 - they made no effort to make the boss fights engaging or fun. They replace actual challenges with simple "die/revive off of the crap that spawns in the arena" and lengthening the fights by making the bosses have more health than they rationally should. Seriously, I'm getting flashbacks to the BNK3R fight from borderlands 2, which was similarly awful.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I don't know if any of you guys are Clickhole fans, but this article is great if you mentally read it in Torgue's voice.
http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/i-know-sounds-spam-i-really-did-double-my-mass-two-1158

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Sestze posted:

Did they even playtest this fight? I understand that his attacks are all telegraphed by screaming out stupid bullshit before he swoops in, but for some stupid reason he accelerates to mach 9 when he does the linear bomb drop attack, leaving me little to no time to dodge it. The crap he spawns on the ground is also super loving irritating as well. There's lots of small poo poo moving around that does large chunks of damage, and the everpresent flying d-bag himself that is raining death on you at all times.

It feels like they're making the same mistakes as borderlands 2 - they made no effort to make the boss fights engaging or fun. They replace actual challenges with simple "die/revive off of the crap that spawns in the arena" and lengthening the fights by making the bosses have more health than they rationally should. Seriously, I'm getting flashbacks to the BNK3R fight from borderlands 2, which was similarly awful.
On tvhm I jumped up to the middle roof and stayed there almost the whole fight. I'd only brought beam weapons so couldn't hit him, luckily some guardian dropped a white smg that I could kill him with. Just hit the engines at the back.

The output being averaged to the input item levels sucks, got this from a grind at 50

oh well luckily I have this that I can use for a grind

Not that it really matters since you can only get guns from that and the one jack gives you at the end is so much more powerful than just about anything.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
This is a really odd game story wise. The horrible Australian accents, the fact that every female character is a lesbian and mentions it, and the random homophobic jokes make it seem likely they were deliberately trying to piss someone off.

Or am I over thinking it? The random lesbians and the anti gay jokes are a really odd mix though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

This is a really odd game story wise. The horrible Australian accents,

...it was developed in Australia. Do you seriously have a weird grudge over a language dialect and accent?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Any quest you had accepted will not be scaled to 50 :( Some of them seem to have just appeared on my list too, I'm sure I didn't accept to start them ever.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Racist Hotdog confirmed for DLC character when?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

watho posted:

Racist Hotdog confirmed for DLC character when?

Racist Hotdog/Cat Wearing a Birthday Cap two-pack, coming soon.

I would also pay good money for a D4N-TP voice pack.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I like how Wilhelm's voice modulation becomes more severe the more you upgrade him. I've also noticed Wolf and Saint being a lot more talkative in battle - is that something that's always happened and I've just overlooked it before, or is it to do with the upgrades?

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Oct 18, 2014

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

...it was developed in Australia. Do you seriously have a weird grudge over a language dialect and accent?

After playing dead island, I do.

Matrix-7
Apr 29, 2007

Hey, bro, fade into the shade! You're bad news - obituary column style!
The ozzie accents don't bother me so much, then again, we had a weird obsession with Australian soaps here in England when I was growing up.

But gently caress that cheat table and the grinder, I'm spending far too much time vendor hopping and collecting stuff to use in it now. And then waiting for the reset and doing it all over again. I really wish there was some kind of recipe list but I expect one will surface soon.

Can someone invite me to the steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/Matrix_7 Cheers.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Sestze posted:

I feel like I've really hit a brick wall at this fight. No matter where I stand I'm swarmed from all sides by the mobs on the ground which pin me down and leave me nowhere to go, meaning the jet can just shoot rockets or those energy balls at me to kill me, and meaning that I have no opportunity at all to shoot at the boss. The only way I can see to avoid them is to use the jump pads to bounce from one side of the arena to the other, which works alright, but eventually the boss just plants himself over one of the jump pads as I am sailing towards it, and I end up inside the boss, whose rockets promptly kill me. I can get him down to about 25% health most of the time, but the attacks of the boss do so much damage that getting caught in one of them is almost an instant death sentence.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm wondering if he and Miss Skunk-stripe each count as one DLC for the projected season pass 4 pack.

The season pass includes ALL DLC this time, according to Gearbox so it shouldn't matter.

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

This is a really odd game story wise. The horrible Australian accents, the fact that every female character is a lesbian and mentions it, and the random homophobic jokes make it seem likely they were deliberately trying to piss someone off.

Or am I over thinking it? The random lesbians and the anti gay jokes are a really odd mix though.

It's an Australian humour thing. Gay jokes are just something they do (and gays are quite accepted there so it is a bit strange.)

EDIT: \/ Baroness is apparently connected to Maliwan in some way (one of her default color schemes looks very similar to the Maliwan ones)

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 18, 2014

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

The Baroness is gonna be Angel's mother I bet

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Wurzag posted:

The Baroness is gonna be Angel's mother I bet

Isn't Angel's mother kind of super-toast at this point? "You didn't see what she did to her mother."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Angel turned her mother into Claptrap, hence why Jack was willing to spare it when he destroyed all the others. This is canon.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mokinokaro posted:

The season pass includes ALL DLC this time, according to Gearbox so it shouldn't matter.

I feel I should elaborate: What I'm worried about is that Gearbox will only release 4 DLC packages for the Pre-Sequel; two of which are characters.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Uh, has anyone else had a glitch where in TVHM, when you get moonshot, you load in and nothing happens, you're just stuck in the cargo container and you can't access your inventory and poo poo?

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

While we're on terrible accents this is a routine reminder to the rest of the world that nobody on planet earth in 2014 talks like davis pickle and if you tried it in england of all places you would probably get glassed

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Please dont shatter my view of your country.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dicky B posted:

While we're on terrible accents this is a routine reminder to the rest of the world that nobody on planet earth in 2014 talks like davis pickle and if you tried it in england of all places you would probably get glassed

Pickle is an alright character but listening to him talk is painful. I like Tina a lot and found her gangster thing to be charming(even if it did get dropped after possibly justified complaints), but Pickle just annoys the hell out of me. I can't believe people in universe find Claptrap annoying when this kid exists.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Dicky B posted:

You could get away with it in England, so long as you are in a theare auditioning for the part of the Artful Dodger. But yeah, I found neither Tina nor Claptrap annoying, but Pickle's straight-out-of-dickens Victorian Cockney accent really grated on me.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Damo posted:

Speaking of moonstones, are there uses for them other than buying poo poo at the whatchu want guy?

Weird blue chests and the grinder use moonstones.

Also I missed the homophobic jokes, I'm problematic.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jfc Deadlift is complete loving bullshit on TVHM. Does way too much damage, barely takes any damage, and going into FFYL is effectively death since hardly any enemies spawn.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Whoever wrote that one rocket scientist on Hyperion needs to commit seppuku with a rusty tanto in order to make up for the great dishonor they have incurred upon themselves for writing the most annoying character others and I have had the immense displeasure of meeting.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Poistiant posted:

Weird blue chests and the grinder use moonstones.

Also I missed the homophobic jokes, I'm problematic.

I missed them too, but I also tuned out a lot of the generic quest giver dialogue after a while if it wasn't an already established character. How bad is it?

Also I recently discovered that if an ally is in FFYL Clap Trap might pull out a medigun and basically turn into the TF2 Medic when you pop his action skill. :allears: He's a serious contender with Wilhelm in the pure joy to play department.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Genocyber posted:

Jfc Deadlift is complete loving bullshit on TVHM. Does way too much damage, barely takes any damage, and going into FFYL is effectively death since hardly any enemies spawn.

I had that problem since I was too low level on my first try, I was maybe 28. Closing the gap made it a lot easier.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jusupov posted:

I had that problem since I was too low level on my first try, I was maybe 28. Closing the gap made it a lot easier.

I was level 31 so that wasn't the issue.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

"I will enjoy throwing your corpse on a jump pad and watch it soar through the air like a child's imagination!"

...Deadlift, why did I have to kill you? You were clearly not meant for a life of banditry.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Genocyber posted:

I was level 31 so that wasn't the issue.

Maybe me being Athena helped, her shield is too good.

Anyone see a way to fake being in a 4 player game like you could do with borderlands 2? The lava lake monster drops level 48-49 loot while solo and you need at least another person there to get level 50 stuff.

Though I think he only has one legendary drop on his tables, a lovely rocket launcher.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I shot a flying guy that looked like he got stuck in the mid-air in the outlands and after two shots from my sniper he zoomed off into space. I kinda wish that happened more often cause it was hilarious.

Father Wendigo posted:

I feel I should elaborate: What I'm worried about is that Gearbox will only release 4 DLC packages for the Pre-Sequel; two of which are characters.

I don't think you have to worry

They know they'll make loads from dlc stuff. they're going to do it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jusupov posted:

Anyone see a way to fake being in a 4 player game like you could do with borderlands 2? The lava lake monster drops level 48-49 loot while solo and you need at least another person there to get level 50 stuff.

If you load the exe from the game directory and not steam you can apparently run multiple copies on the same profile.

Matrix-7
Apr 29, 2007

Hey, bro, fade into the shade! You're bad news - obituary column style!
Pickle definitely was annoying, but to be expected being the scamp. Felicity on the other hand was smoking hot, I could listen to her all day long.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jusupov posted:

Though I think he only has one legendary drop on his tables, a lovely rocket launcher.

Even poo poo legendaries are good in this thanks to the grinder.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Jusupov posted:

The output being averaged to the input item levels sucks, got this from a grind at 50

Wait, what does this mean? I'm not sure how TPS' loot system actually works, but are you saying that the items you're using influence the level of the items being dropped?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
I feel like everyone who can't stand Pickle's accent just don't get Borderlands or the context.

It's Australians making horrible fun of Brits. Same with that lunar landing flag raising guy.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wait, what does this mean? I'm not sure how TPS' loot system actually works, but are you saying that the items you're using influence the level of the items being dropped?

Referring to the guaranteed legendary recipe for the grinder - two oranges in the top two slots and a purple in the lower one. The output will be whatever level the purple is.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

*Nevermind, delete please*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kaethela posted:

Referring to the guaranteed legendary recipe for the grinder - two oranges in the top two slots and a purple in the lower one. The output will be whatever level the purple is.

No it will be the average of them all rounded down. I used two rocket launchers, one 49 and the other 50 with a level 50 purple laser. The output was a level 49 orange. I tried this multiple times through savescumming and the output was the same always.

• Locked thread