Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

funny, my mom upgraded to an 89 Camaro and blasted Whitesnake too

also your uncle has an ad about him, my nephew pointed this out to me during a NASCAR race since I have my Ram Daytona, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Hc2o43e-8

(does that ad count as new car poo poo?)

lol

My dad bought the first 5.7 IROC that came out. I remember him making a big deal about CORVETTE MOTOR and FOUR WHEEL DISC BRAKES.

That car was pretty badass and got me a lot of tail in the late 80's.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this really makes me sad that the regular 5th gens are bloated pieces of poo poo, 3rd gen Camaros are perfection*

*I have shoulder length hair and listen to Pantera

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

VikingSkull posted:

We knew that from the rest of your post.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Goober Peas posted:

Most of you goobers aren't old enough to have been driving when 0-60 in 10 seconds was fast

Man, shut the gently caress up. Everyone on mnet is having the wonderful "discussion" of whether or not a Miata is a REAL SPORTS CAR because minivans put down high-6s in the 0-60 dance.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

VikingSkull posted:

this really makes me sad that the regular 5th gens are bloated pieces of poo poo, 3rd gen Camaros are perfection*

Having trouble finding the problem with this post ?!?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's the stock car avatar isn't it

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Isn't that SRA, did he finally win a race?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
poo poo yea he did!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
wrong thread....

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Phone posted:

Man, shut the gently caress up. Everyone on mnet is having the wonderful "discussion" of whether or not a Miata is a REAL SPORTS CAR because minivans put down high-6s in the 0-60 dance.

Phone's not-so-private obsession

:golfclap:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

devmd01 posted:

poo poo yea he did!

First goon ever to win a ARCA race :911:

That's news, right? Gotta love it.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

VikingSkull posted:

funny, my mom upgraded to an 89 Camaro and blasted Whitesnake too

also your uncle has an ad about him, my nephew pointed this out to me during a NASCAR race since I have my Ram Daytona, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Hc2o43e-8

(does that ad count as new car poo poo?)

My father doesnt care about cars, he says the coolest car he ever had was a Ford EXP.

My uncles are even worse, they might care but have never had anything but boring asian poo poo.

My mother was my crazy uncle, she had 3 V8 camaros (First and second gens) and an oldsmobile 442. She currently drives a fiat 500L.

I am the crazy uncle. i just need to wait on my brother :getin:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

leica posted:

Isn't that SRA, did he finally win a race?

he did snow angels in the trioval, it owned

Lt Moose
Aug 8, 2007
moose

Lt Moose fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 4, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I didn't like the front on the refresh, but it's starting to grow on me. It's very 71 Charger.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Lt Moose posted:

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/10/charger-hellcat-srt-other-pricing
Charger pricing released, the Hellcat will be sold for $64.9k. Seems like a totally fair price to me. That's a lot of car for $65k.

As cool as the Hellcat is it's the $40k Scat Pak that's the real bargain. I want one, but only if Dodge wises up and sells them in General orange.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's the same with the Challenger. The Scat Pack cars are where it's at, the Hellcat is cool and all but I want my muscle cars NA

unless it's a 6-71 I guess

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I like the idea of two different key fobs to control engine output for the Hellcat, they should offer that on all the V8 Chargers and all performance cars for that matter.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

the Hellcat is cool and all but I want my muscle cars NA
Why do you hate Freedom

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Muscle cars should all be turbo V6es. :colbert:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Why do you hate Freedom

Maybe he wants the freedom to install his own Whipple. :v:

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Fucknag posted:

New generation get off my street and back in your yard old man.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Fucknag posted:

You've misspelled "I4s with oil-cooled Garrett turbos".

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

atomicthumbs posted:

You've misspelled "I4s with oil-cooled Garrett turbos".

If liking the SVO is wrong, I don't ever wanna be right.

On that note: Ford, please make a Boss 302-type suspension package for the Ecoboost 'stang and call it an SVO, tia.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fucknag posted:

On that note: Ford, please make a Boss 302-type suspension package for the Ecoboost 'stang and call it an SVO, tia.

They could make a new SVO stang that's not the base ecoboost stang. If Mercedes can get 365hp/332hp and mitsubishi can get 440hp out of 2 liters, surely ford can do something special with 2.3.

There's a lot they could do with it, too. 350hp+ focus RS, mustang SVO, lincoln MKC-R, SVT fusion...

troller t4....

Transit connect RS....

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ranger Lightning :colbert:

Yeah I know, no more Rangers but that would be the poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

leica posted:

Ranger Lightning :colbert:

Yeah I know, no more Rangers but that would be the poo poo.

transit connect based. AWD, 350hp 2.3l i4.

Do it, ford.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wheeee posted:

As cool as the Hellcat is it's the $40k Scat Pak that's the real bargain. I want one, but only if Dodge wises up and sells them in General orange.

Gotta go with the Scat Pack. That engine sounds so nice, both literally and figuratively.

Good thing gas prices are going down! :sun:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Transit connect RS....

I would unironically be interested in this. AWD and the 2.3 would be a pretty kickass combo.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Fucknag posted:

i was thinking more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4GN9_0w6eM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMsgZgeb4M

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

counter-counterpoint: click on the one I posted and press 5. then press it again, and again

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Why do you hate Freedom

I made an exception for Roots huffers :mad:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

fknlo posted:

I would unironically be interested in this. AWD and the 2.3 would be a pretty kickass combo.

poo poo, just do that to the Transit and I'll be interested!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mat_Drinks posted:

poo poo, just do that to the Transit and I'll be interested!

The transit, while only rwd here, currently gets the 3.5 ecoboost which can get you to 350whp/550whtq for under 2 grand.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Im kind of glad the head of Cadillac came out and told everyone exactly why cars have awful naming scheme's. It's because all the new money in China has no attachments to our historic use of model names. They are hyper aware of, and where in, the brand they are buying. Which is why now most luxury car lines are on a 1-9 model range.

It makes sense in an emerging market. But at home where 97% of your buying public is ignorant of the world outside of the country, why not stick with traditional names. Do we have to really let the Chinese influence car names here?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I would guess that marketing thinks that most of the Cadillac names are still associated with the various crappy retiree barges of the 90s over here.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The problem is, it's going to lead to stupid numbers one-upmanship.

The same garbage that leads to the new 2 liter C class being thee C300 and the 3 liter C class being the C400, because you don't want to look like the donkey in the 3 liter BMW 335i or the 2 liter 328i.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Wheeee posted:

485hp and 475ft in a sedan for $40,000 is just insane. What a mean fuckin machine that is for the price. No brembo is kind of scary though, I guess you can always get some awesome wilwood aftermarket or something.

Like, big v8 N/A engines dont really exist anymore, let alone in clean looking $40,000 sedans.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Powershift posted:

The problem is, it's going to lead to stupid numbers one-upmanship.

The same garbage that leads to the new 2 liter C class being thee C300 and the 3 liter C class being the C400, because you don't want to look like the donkey in the 3 liter BMW 335i or the 2 liter 328i.

The obvious answer is to market the 6000 SUX and reign supreme.