Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Square
May 14, 2009

I too like to throw obscene amounts of money at the online jukebox in my redneck bar for purposes of punk rock. Mostly Hot Water Music, Face to Face, and Bouncing Souls. I also happen to know where they keep the control pad for volume and song selections hidden :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Jukebox Chat: 13" and I went out for beers a while back and they had Sleep - Dopesmoker on the jukebox. I queued it up and while they cut it short at ~7 minutes (as opposed to 30) it was still pretty drat Epic.

House Chat: I just started the process of refinancing my house this afternoon and found out that I should be able to get a low enough interest rate that I'll cut my payment quite a bit (and thus give room for saving more money and/or paying more into equity). The best news? The interest rate is so much lower and getting rid of mortgage insurance helps so much that if I want I can pull a bit on the equity to build a three car garage with a lift :getin:. And still save more and pay less interest than my current loan! :dance:

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 18, 2014

blk
Dec 19, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

Phone chat:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-One-M8-...fepn=5337259887

CELL20SAVE will get you another $20 off.

GSM only but something to consider. I'm debating getting this or trying to get my hands on a OnePlus One. You can convert this into a Google Play Edition easily and save yourself $300+.

What's the deal with the OnePlus One and its AV client sending an inordinate amount of data back to Chinese servers or some sort of rumor like that?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Terrible Robot posted:

For those of you who didn't get the snap, or had your sound turned down and therefore didn't get anything useful out of it: I saw gas being sold for $2.65 today. I haven't seen it that low in, poo poo, years. A station down the road has it for $2.89, which is still incredibly cheap.

Yeah I was way too excited about this

There was some sort of deal at meijer that got you $0.20/gal off so that was amazing

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

A P38 Range Rover is the best idea.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4707629319.html

Even the plate sums up the truck.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Oh. My. gently caress. Having Bombay Sapphire for the first time, I'm still kind of new to gin but I think I have a new favorite until I grow some balls and start trying the non-walmart varieties. I wasn't going to get hosed up tonight, but...

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

God drat. That's brilliant. God those wheels are loving ugly though. Rest of the truck is fairly cool. Once I have fixed all the PO bullshit my classic is getting better!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

NitroSpazzz posted:

Cold wet day at Road America today, hope the forecast is correct with decent weather for the weekend. Last race of the season and RA is a great track. If anyone is in the area get in touch (pm/snapchat/whatever) if you want to come watch and hang out, we may put you to work.

Some of the guys from my company's marketing department are racing on Team Jäger Bomb. I'm sure some of my other friends will be there too, but I haven't paid much attention to Facebook lately.

T-Square posted:

I too like to throw obscene amounts of money at the online jukebox in my redneck bar for purposes of punk rock. Mostly Hot Water Music, Face to Face, and Bouncing Souls. I also happen to know where they keep the control pad for volume and song selections hidden :ninja:

Hot Water Music was one of the first bands I saw in concert ten years ago. I cried when they played "Wayfarer." It's almost time to renew my emo card, so I've got tickets to see them again in a couple of weeks.

goatse guy fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 18, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

Some of you may like the latest XKCD What If? page:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/116/

Welp there went the rest of my night

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I just spent 3 hours reading about this whole GamerGate farce, trying to understand the motivations behind it and what exactly their goal is, and all I learned was that there are a shitload of emotionally-stunted man-children who all need to be given wedgies.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

bandman posted:

I just spent 3 hours reading about this whole GamerGate farce, trying to understand the motivations behind it and what exactly their goal is, and all I learned was that there are a shitload of emotionally-stunted man-children who all need to be given wedgies.

Yeah, that was basically my take on the whole fuckshow. Except I only put about 5-10 minutes into reading about it before coming to that conclusion.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Oh God, let's please not talk about that. M'lady.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Tommychu posted:

Yeah, that was basically my take on the whole fuckshow. Except I only put about 5-10 minutes into reading about it before coming to that conclusion.

Every article I read, I said to myself "there's gotta be more to it than this, right? maybe this next article will have the answer." Rinse, repeat for 3 hours. I couldn't make myself believe there were people that myopic, with their heads shoved so far up their own rear end they can see the back of their teeth.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

bandman posted:

ugh these loving FEMINAZIS are so IMMATURE AND EMOTIONAL

*calls in threat of mass shooting at feminist lecture*

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

bandman posted:

I read about it for approx. 30 seconds before saying gently caress it, this doesn't affect me 1 single bit and proceeded to promptly close the site.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

keykey posted:

I read about it for approx. 30 seconds before saying gently caress it, this doesn't affect me 1 single bit and proceeded to promptly close the site.

Sorry to break this to you dude, but misogyny affects everyone.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

leica posted:

I'd jump on a tire machine and/or balancer for the right price.

That's a really good idea. I don't know if they actually had them though. It's just a shame it's actually cheaper for me to import tyres from the Ukraine or U.S. than buy locally. What the hell gives with that.
If they had a mid '90s Aussie Ford code scanner, I'd buy it, masturbate to it until I came blood, and then make bank reading codes for people from those godawful motherfucking ECUs. Their codes are the same as the U.S. OBDII codes, but they have a different plug and a different means of interfacing. I found an arcane document a few years back that helps me decipher some of the "human readable" poo poo it spews uby umping some pins and using an analog multimeter, but to read the stuff and initiate diagnostic mode properly it needs a device that is made from unicorn farts and rainbows.

/rant.

I considered maybe a lift but it'd be useless unless I wanted to use a generator or really long extension cord to enable me to crush cars against the roof beams of the garage.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT

My main keyfob parted ways with my keychain at some point last night, between the car and the house. And my other fob, of course, has a dead battery, so I get to deal with the alarm flipping its poo poo every time I unlock the car with the key until I get a new battery for the remaining fob found a spare battery.

The owner's manual says the only way to add/replace a keyfob is by the dealer, and all of the GM programming guides I've dug up don't work. One of my best friends is a pro locksmith, and he's pretty sure he can program it for me once I have new fobs.

The same p/n fob is cheap enough on ebay that I may as well get 4 total (the max the car can handle, and it makes sense, as I have 4 sets of keys for the thing), but goddamn it's frustrating.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bandman posted:

Bunch of loving gaming idiots facing off Tumblr SJW assclowns. That's all you need to know. Meanwhile the real workd just ignores all of their poo poo.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
i think im dying

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goatse guy posted:

Sorry to break this to you dude, but misogyny affects everyone.

So does misandry and misanthropy. And the sun, and the moon, and the weather. None of those things are going to be changed by neckbeards riding in on proud white digital stallions.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Good news: found the keyfob. In a very unexpected place, but I found it.

Bad news: I just discovered the failure mode of my UPS is to start screeching loudly, flashing the "replace battery" LED for a minute, then shutting off completely, and refusing to power back on or show any signs of life. There goes nearly an hour of Photoshop work. I had it configured not to make any beeps/noises late at night too.

Mom has the same model UPS, I swapped batteries with hers to at least get mine up and running. Hers is now flashing the replace battery LED, but at least it's not screeching.. or powering off. I even tried swapping in a known good burglar alarm battery (same type of SLA battery, same voltage, just lower capacity), and that at least got it to screech a bit and flash the replace battery LED for a few seconds.

Torn between punting it to the curb and getting a much larger CyberPower, or getting a new battery. The monitoring software shows a maximum runtime of 9 minutes with this PC (with auto shutdown at 5 minutes), so I'm leaning toward something bigger... without an APC logo.

Can't really afford either right now, as it is I'm having to borrow money to make my car payment this month. :smith: But I can't afford to lose an hour of work again either.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 18, 2014

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

meatpimp posted:

So does misandry and misanthropy. And the sun, and the moon, and the weather. None of those things are going to be changed by neckbeards riding in on proud white digital stallions.

Like I said, the only solution is to administer wedgies all around. Maybe stuff a few of 'em into lockers for good measure.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

Good news: found the keyfob. In a very unexpected place, but I found it.

Bad news: I just discovered the failure mode of my UPS is to start screeching loudly, flashing the "replace battery" LED for a minute, then shutting off completely, and refusing to power back on or show any signs of life. There goes nearly an hour of Photoshop work. I had it configured not to make any beeps/noises late at night too.

Mom has the same model UPS, I swapped batteries with hers to at least get mine up and running. Hers is now flashing the replace battery LED, but at least it's not screeching.. or powering off. I even tried swapping in a known good burglar alarm battery (same type of SLA battery, same voltage, just lower capacity), and that at least got it to screech a bit and flash the replace battery LED for a few seconds.

Torn between punting it to the curb and getting a much larger CyberPower, or getting a new battery. The monitoring software shows a maximum runtime of 9 minutes with this PC (with auto shutdown at 5 minutes), so I'm leaning toward something bigger... without an APC logo.

Can't really afford either right now, as it is I'm having to borrow money to make my car payment this month. :smith: But I can't afford to lose an hour of work again either.

You generally want something advertising a wattage 30% higher than whatever is drawing from it to get the maximum amount of time before it shuts down. I haven't actually read or thought about it in like 8 years though, so I may be horribly wrong.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

When I got this UPS, I had a much lower spec PC with a single monitor.

A single CRT monitor though.

Either way, I want to drop kick this thing to the curb. But it's at least 20-25 pounds, and I don't want a broken ankle.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

Until an employee logs in and overrides your songs.

And before someone calls this out as bullshit, gently caress you. I worked in a bar for ten loving years and every internet juke box can be manually logged into and songs deleted from the playlist. The password on the machine at Peanuts in Fort Wayne Indiana was "GiantsSuck."

Yeah, when I was managing the food side of the bar and pub, we had the bartender logged in remotely from behind the bar, because gently caress if we were losing customers because some dickbag decided to play screamo or death metal for an hour and a half to be cute.

"Whoops, it reset. That happens sometimes."

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The worst part about GG is the people who are upset about actual problems in that industry attached themselves to the same name as the trolls.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

blk posted:

What's the deal with the OnePlus One and its AV client sending an inordinate amount of data back to Chinese servers or some sort of rumor like that?

I haven't heard anything like that. I'll look into that, thanks. Just to be safe, it sounds like the best idea is to flash something else once you get it.

I read an article or two about gamers gate and I still don't get what happened.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tommychu posted:

Oh. My. gently caress. Having Bombay Sapphire for the first time, I'm still kind of new to gin but I think I have a new favorite until I grow some balls and start trying the non-walmart varieties. I wasn't going to get hosed up tonight, but...

If you think sapphire is good you need to go find http://www.bluecoatgin.com/

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
time to find out how many of the retards on my facebook are ridiculous tinfoil hatters. :getin:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Motronic posted:

That'd be great if they'd ship to my location. :smith: Nearest they get is Milwaukee.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Had my car back from the shop for less than ten minutes got a speeding ticket FML

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Motronic posted:

My gins of choice are Hendricks and Boodles.

TacoHavoc
Dec 31, 2007
It's taco-y and havoc-y...at the same time!
I like Bombay in the clear bottle, the non sapphire stuff. I think it's underrated.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, when I was managing the food side of the bar and pub, we had the bartender logged in remotely from behind the bar, because gently caress if we were losing customers because some dickbag decided to play screamo or death metal for an hour and a half to be cute.

"Whoops, it reset. That happens sometimes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuM0ipmLAwA

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but what the gently caress is game gate.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

leica posted:

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but what the gently caress is game gate.

The tl;dr version is that the gaming industry got called out by Anita Sarkeesian for basically treating women (both in games and IRL) as objects rather than as people. Then all the reddit/4chan MRA manbabies got a hold of it and started making all kinds of threats and boycotts to businesses and people alike because their emotionally and intellectually stunted world view was being challenged by, well, reality.

Ginchat: I've always maintained that gin is the preferential choice of alcoholics, so it isn't a surprise to see so many gin drinkers here in AI :v:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I like gin and tonics but I can never taste the differences in gins. They all taste like pine trees to me.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I'm multifuel. If it burns, pour the fucker down the hatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there alcohol in it? Yes?

That's my favorite.

• Locked thread