Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
"Don't get hit" missions can eat poo poo and die. How the gently caress am I supposed to do an entire full length mission without getting struck once?

e: Especially since a random mook can randomly attack you out of nowhere and there's nothing you can do about it. Holy poo poo what a bad idea for a mission limitation.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

"Don't get hit" missions can eat poo poo and die. How the gently caress am I supposed to do an entire full length mission without getting struck once?

e: Especially since a random mook can randomly attack you out of nowhere and there's nothing you can do about it. Holy poo poo what a bad idea for a mission limitation.

Can you just use some potions? I haven't even started master quest yet, but that doesn't even sound fun. gently caress that.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

THE loving MOON posted:

Can you just use some potions? I haven't even started master quest yet, but that doesn't even sound fun. gently caress that.

You can use potions but getting hit once invalidates an A-rank.

In my latest attempt I got up to the map boss (Sheik) who proceeded to do two ultra-fast attacks to kill me on the spot. This is so loving infuriating.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

You can use potions but getting hit once invalidates an A-rank.

In my latest attempt I got up to the map boss (Sheik) who proceeded to do two ultra-fast attacks to kill me on the spot. This is so loving infuriating.

Well poo poo. As long as you don't need to A rank those to get the 3 new guys weapons I can tolerate that.

I'm not even bothering to a rank every single little thing on the regular adventure mode, let alone deal with conditions like that.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The one saving grace is that you do not need to get 1200 KOs as you usually would.

Also the mission I was raging about, you don't need an A-rank to get the unlock (a costume). It's still really super lovely and poopy.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
So apparently you can turn to aim Volga's breath attack (YYYX, BBBY) while he's using it. So you can get pretty drat close to a 360 turn if you spin your joystick clockwise, or counterclockwise to focus it on one spot. Nice if you don't want to spend half a minute to use his Dragon slam for AoE.

EDIT: Additionally, playing the Duel with the Dragon Knight level (One space from the start in adventure mode) with Volga makes Lana the enemy commander.

Cador_2004 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 18, 2014

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

MykonosFan posted:

This DLC contributed one of my new all-time favorite lines in video games, which was basically "Ugh! I can not believe I've been betrayed by jewelry!"

hahaha jewelry not helping a woman in her quest to get a man

this game is amazing

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Does anyone know what the exact conditions of Ganondorf's hard skulltulla in the Gerudo Desert are? I thought I did what it said but the thing didn't show up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lessail posted:

hahaha jewelry not helping a woman in her quest to get a man

this game is amazing

There needs to be a sequel to Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land: Cia's Happy Hero Land.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012

Jsor posted:

Does anyone know what the exact conditions of Ganondorf's hard skulltulla in the Gerudo Desert are? I thought I did what it said but the thing didn't show up.

Gerudo Desert: Capture all the keeps, kill all the Lizalfos and Aeralfos captains, and kill two of the giant bosses, to be done in any order.
Valley of Seers: Kill ALL the fake Impas before killing the real one.
Hyrule Field: Beat Link and Zelda a total of 4 times. KO's only count when both are on the field at the same time, so the first fight with Link won't count.

So tl;dr you have do what Ganondorf would himself.

EDIT: And looking again at the quote I realize that you're only asking for Gerudo Desert. Oh well.

Cador_2004 fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 18, 2014

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Cador_2004 posted:

Gerudo Desert: Capture all the keeps, kill all the Lizalfos and Aeralfos captains, and kill two of the giant bosses, to be done in any order.

I swear I did that, oh well.

Anyway, while Wizzro may not be the strongest new character, it is clear that the enemy AI has no idea how to deal with ranged attacks. I can sit there all day using the mega laser on enemy heroes and they never really counter it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Jsor posted:

I swear I did that, oh well.

Anyway, while Wizzro may not be the strongest new character, it is clear that the enemy AI has no idea how to deal with ranged attacks. I can sit there all day using the mega laser on enemy heroes and they never really counter it.

If I'm remembering right, Giant Bosses often spawn with one Lizalfos or Aeralfos, so if you think you cleared out the map previous to that, you might have missed the extras.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
There is a mission in Master Quest where AI Zelda is using Link's 8-Bit Sword.

Why isn't this a player feature goddamnit!!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like Master Quest so far, but man it's annoying having to go in a certain direction because half the tiles I opened are blocked by a invisible enemies condition, which sucks since the nearest harp is over in east woods area.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Rirse posted:

I like Master Quest so far, but man it's annoying having to go in a certain direction because half the tiles I opened are blocked by a invisible enemies condition, which sucks since the nearest harp is over in east woods area.

A lot of those require the recorder rather than the harp. You pretty much need a compass to have any hope of figuring out whch spot to use it on though.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I though on the original map you couldn't use the recorder except in the right spot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mastajake posted:

I though on the original map you couldn't use the recorder except in the right spot.

Correct with one caveat - the game will let you waste a recorder if you select an empty space. But since the recorder is always used on an object (like water or a bush) you can try each space until one lets you use it.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So this is my first Dynasty Warriors-style game and I'm loving it, basically. I'm sort of curious to try out another similar title--does anyone have any reccomendations for anything that's similar to this game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So this is my first Dynasty Warriors-style game and I'm loving it, basically. I'm sort of curious to try out another similar title--does anyone have any reccomendations for anything that's similar to this game?

In terms of core mechanics, the closest Dynasty Warriors is probably Dynasty Warriors 8 which also has a (variation) on weak points and stuff. Orochi Warriors 3 is also good if just for the gigantic-rear end cast.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Just did the level 12 Rack Up KOs mission as Fi. Jesus christ she's a beast. Even at a good 40 levels below cap she still racked up 2800 KOs in addition to taking down 2 Manhandlas, an Argorok, 2 Dark Ganondorfs, Lana, Ghirahim and Agitha.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I wonder if/when they'll unlock the Dark skin for everyone?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Finally got a chance to play the DLC and new characters today.

Good lord Volga is loving murder mode, and Cia chews through boss meters like they're going out of style.

Still can't do the drat mission under the Summoning Gate though. :argh:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I still feel, perhaps more than ever, that Groose would be a perfect fit for this game, especially since they only give you one Skyward Sword hero and two of every other game's. Also, maybe I'm crazy, but I'd love to see a Mario-themed bonus level pack. Like, you'd just need two--Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser's Castle (Rainbow Road if I'm greedy). Goombas as cannon fodder in one, Koopas in the other, Magikoopas, Hammer Bros as officers, and boss fights with Chain Chomps and Bowser. Heck, Pirannha Plants could just be reskinned Deku Babas.

Playable Mario, Peach and Bowser. Bowser should use the chain chomp flail from teh Mario RPG, Peach could use her Parasol and Mario can just bare-knuckled it. It'd be awesome.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

I still feel, perhaps more than ever, that Groose would be a perfect fit for this game, especially since they only give you one Skyward Sword hero and two of every other game's.

It sounds like you don't consider Ghirahim the true hero of Skyward Sword.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Emalde posted:

It sounds like you don't consider Ghirahim the true hero of Skyward Sword.

The only good thing about Ghirahim is his ridiculous dancing.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
gently caress it, just have a Super Mario RPG callback pack. Have Mallow and Geno. Have a Mario finisher that as long as you time the heavy attack button you can jump on an enemy a bunch of times.

Or just have a Mario Warriors game.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for the Wii is probably the best game in this "genre," not counting the updated re-release that we never got. Hugely variable stages, eclectic and interesting movesets, weird sense of humor, and better voice acting than a game like that really deserves (it might have Troy Baker's best "screamer" performance in his career).

Its only real failing is a lack of an Adventure Mode-type map like the kind Hyrule Warriors and DW8 has, but it compensates for a ton of branching story-mode paths. Every character has a minimum of two branches that takes them through different stages, plus a secret "black" path that leads to an optional superboss.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Locke Dunnegan posted:

gently caress it, just have a Super Mario RPG callback pack. Have Mallow and Geno. Have a Mario finisher that as long as you time the heavy attack button you can jump on an enemy a bunch of times.

Mushroom Warriors really would be incredible.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Dynasty Warios.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Can we just settle this peacefully?

Smash Bros Warriors. Boom.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I still feel, perhaps more than ever, that Groose would be a perfect fit for this game, especially since they only give you one Skyward Sword hero and two of every other game's. Also, maybe I'm crazy, but I'd love to see a Mario-themed bonus level pack. Like, you'd just need two--Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser's Castle (Rainbow Road if I'm greedy). Goombas as cannon fodder in one, Koopas in the other, Magikoopas, Hammer Bros as officers, and boss fights with Chain Chomps and Bowser. Heck, Pirannha Plants could just be reskinned Deku Babas.

Playable Mario, Peach and Bowser. Bowser should use the chain chomp flail from teh Mario RPG, Peach could use her Parasol and Mario can just bare-knuckled it. It'd be awesome.

Hell yeah!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

But, Link already uses a Chain Chomp! :v:

Otherwise, yeah, I totally agree. We need more fun crossovers!

Also Groose, but I've been saying that all along. I hope all of you mentioned Groose and lack of online co-op in your Club Nintendo surveys!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wizzro's level 2 weapon is in the same spot where you can buy the Blue Ring in the original LoZ. I thought that was cute.

Also the first time I tried his mission (it's a bit tough) a silver Cucco showed up and the game very much wanted me to kill it. Unfortunately I was overwhelmed and never made it there before it vanished. The second time around it never showed up. Anyone know what it does?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Naerasa posted:

Mushroom Warriors really would be incredible.

I think they've already said that they would love to do a Mario game if this one sold well enough, and probably a bunch of other licenses too.

poo poo let's have a Warriors game for everything ever.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

Wizzro's level 2 weapon is in the same spot where you can buy the Blue Ring in the original LoZ. I thought that was cute.

Also the first time I tried his mission (it's a bit tough) a silver Cucco showed up and the game very much wanted me to kill it. Unfortunately I was overwhelmed and never made it there before it vanished. The second time around it never showed up. Anyone know what it does?

I've killed one in a different mission and don't recall anything special happening :shrug:

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Silver Falcon posted:

Also Groose, but I've been saying that all along. I hope all of you mentioned Groose and lack of online co-op in your Club Nintendo surveys!

I did, but only so everyone would shut up about Groose when he makes it into the game.

...Y'all will never shut up about Groose will you? :smith:

Regy Rusty posted:

I missed that one too but took time to kill the one that showed up in Volga's Level 3 (I think?) and nothing seemed to happen. Just looked to me like a Gold Cucco painted silver.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Flytrap posted:

I think they've already said that they would love to do a Mario game if this one sold well enough, and probably a bunch of other licenses too.

poo poo let's have a Warriors game for everything ever.

Do you think Yoshi would be a playable character or just a mounted weapon for Mario?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

Do you think Yoshi would be a playable character or just a mounted weapon for Mario?

Why not both?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's weird about the silver Cucco because its behavior and the messages you get about it are totally different from the Gold one. I'd expect there to be a reward like if you save Hylian Captain and don't let him become a ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

That's weird about the silver Cucco because its behavior and the messages you get about it are totally different from the Gold one. I'd expect there to be a reward like if you save Hylian Captain and don't let him become a ghost.

What do you get for doing this? I've never been able to

• Locked thread