Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice

Genocyber posted:

Uh, has anyone else had a glitch where in TVHM, when you get moonshot, you load in and nothing happens, you're just stuck in the cargo container and you can't access your inventory and poo poo?

Happened to me while I was just doing ordinary solo, not even TVHM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Bussamove posted:

Also I recently discovered that if an ally is in FFYL Clap Trap might pull out a medigun and basically turn into the TF2 Medic when you pop his action skill. :allears: He's a serious contender with Wilhelm in the pure joy to play department.

Or he turns the entire team into rubber ducks so no one can revive the downed person.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Claptrap has TWO "make myself stronger when downed" skills. And a skill that lets him draw aggro and explode when in FFYL. Properly-specced he should be very, very, VERY difficult to kill.

The best-buds skill also makes everyone tougher and regenerate after reviving someone. He may be an even better team player than Maya was in Borderlands 2.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Also I recently discovered that if an ally is in FFYL Clap Trap might pull out a medigun and basically turn into the TF2 Medic when you pop his action skill. :allears:

This can also heal enemies! Not for very much, mind you, but still.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm kinda disappointed how the Grinder doesn't just spit out level appropriate loot scaled to mainquest progress or your level. As is, I'm maybe 12 hours in with a friend, and we barely use the Grinder, since it just spits out gear we've already outleveled. :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So Nisha is pretty ridiculous, hyperion shotguns are just obscene with her.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Some extra golden keys from imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/ZtJyo1K

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

So Nisha is pretty ridiculous, hyperion shotguns are just obscene with her.
Really? I tend to use her action skill at long range (either before the enemies have noticed me, or while airborne, to avoid obstacles) so I haven't found shotguns very useful.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Her action skill works insanely well with continuous-fire laser. You cannot miss.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Skandranon posted:

Or he turns the entire team into rubber ducks so no one can revive the downed person.

I fail to see how this is a problem.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Just finished the game at level 27. Big fat 0 legendaries. :negative:

The story is...yeah, has a lot of issues. But the thing I understand least of all is this:

Borderlands had you playing as the original crew.
Borderlands 2 has you fighting with (or being RP'ed by) the original crew.
Borderlands TPS has you fighting with / against the original crew.

If they find the original cast that interesting, why not just have them all the way through? The crew from 2 are hardly acknowledged in their own game and are completely absent in TPS despite having saved the original crews' bacon.

Also, whoever decided to make laser ammo, the weapon with the highest ammo cap in the game at 1100, only come in stacks of 25 from the vendor is an rear end in a top hat.

Genocyber posted:

Uh, has anyone else had a glitch where in TVHM, when you get moonshot, you load in and nothing happens, you're just stuck in the cargo container and you can't access your inventory and poo poo?

Yeah, I've had that happen to me. I've also encountered another very irritating bug in which I respawned moving at FFYL speed, which is a snail's pace. Had to exit to the main menu to clear it and fight all the way back to where I was.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 18, 2014

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Any chance I can get an invite to the steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/idlebrand

Surprised there's not more interest in this game. Feels like people are more interested in BL2 still. I figured the pre-sequel would absorb all the fans.

The op is still pretty thin in this thread and I can't see it being necessary to break into separate console/pc threads like we had in the past. Would be nice to get a link to the working cheat engine tables added to the op though: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

Also, whoever decided to make laser ammo, the weapon with the highest ammo cap in the game at 1100, only come in stacks of 25 from the vendor is an rear end in a top hat.

Wouldn't be so bad if you could press a button and just buy all the ammo you're missing. Still have no idea how three games in and that still isn't there

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Gameko posted:

Any chance I can get an invite to the steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/idlebrand

Surprised there's not more interest in this game. Feels like people are more interested in BL2 still. I figured the pre-sequel would absorb all the fans.

The op is still pretty thin in this thread and I can't see it being necessary to break into separate console/pc threads like we had in the past. Would be nice to get a link to the working cheat engine tables added to the op though: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM

The only post the op has made is that one, so doubt it's going to change. Someone should make a launch thread.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ghostpilot posted:

The story is...yeah, has a lot of issues. But the thing I understand least of all is this:

Borderlands had you playing as the original crew.
Borderlands 2 has you fighting with (or being RP'ed by) the original crew.
Borderlands TPS has you fighting with / against the original crew.

I still don't understand the BL2/Pre-Sequel writers' need to crap on the original vault hunters. Lilith WOULD be the worst character in the game (if it weren't for Davis Pickle 100% owning that title for the rest of history), just because she's dumb and annoying the whole time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I still don't understand the BL2/Pre-Sequel writers' need to crap on the original vault hunters. Lilith WOULD be the worst character in the game (if it weren't for Davis Pickle 100% owning that title for the rest of history), just because she's dumb and annoying the whole time.

There's really not much to crap on given they weren't even characters in BL1.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Genocyber posted:

There's really not much to crap on given they weren't even characters in BL1.

Okay then they made them be lovely characters instead of good ones for no real reason! :geno:

edit: Well, not so much made them be lovely so much as developed them into being lovely. Whereas before they didn't have much character at all, now they have BAD character.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Nevermind explaining why the gently caress Lilith and Roland are on the moon in the first place. Really, this game is kinda dipping into borderline non-canon territory because of this.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Nevermind explaining why the gently caress Lilith and Roland are on the moon in the first place. Really, this game is kinda dipping into borderline non-canon territory because of this.

Um.

Because they're Vault Hunters. And there's a Vault. On the moon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Psyker posted:

Um.

They're not though, the first thing they say is that they're not vault hunters anymore and they're on vacation. And I mean LITERALLY the first thing they say.

The whole thing reads almost like Borderlands fanfiction. The writers liked Athena in Borderlands 1 and they were like "well they didn't KILL her in the game so why not", and they wanted more Jack, and then the rest fell into place from there.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Also, holy crap, Wilhelm's Divert Power (Cyber Commando tree) is either bugged or just straight bonkers. Get that if you absolutely, positively, do not want to die and exploit the hell out of amped shields.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Psyker posted:

Um.

No, they're ex-Vault Hunters. When you talk to them in the bar in Concordia they tell you their reason for being on the moon: vacation.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Roland specifically says they're there on vacation, remember? Jack has you ask for assistance after the Merriff locks you out of his office and they turn you down.

Edit:beaten

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

The thing I'm wondering about is why everybody in the game refers to this cast of characters as vault hunters when they don't know of, much less pursue, a vault until the last 10% of the game.

I mean, certainly it's just a quick and easy blanket term to refer to a player character, but they're not vault hunters.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Game was really dragging on for me in till I got the grinder. Now I'm only using purple items and the game is pretty drat amazing. Favorite BL because of the grinder atm.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Ghostpilot posted:

The thing I'm wondering about is why everybody in the game refers to this cast of characters as vault hunters when they don't know of, much less pursue, a vault until the last 10% of the game.

I mean, certainly it's just a quick and easy blanket term to refer to a player character, but they're not vault hunters.

You are specifically hired by Jack to find the vault on the moon, you just get side tracked by Zarpedon for most of the entire game, trying to save the moon instead.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tenzarin posted:

Game was really dragging on for me in till I got the grinder. Now I'm only using purple items and the game is pretty drat amazing. Favorite BL because of the grinder atm.
It is strange to me that they suddenly gave a concession to their ideal of the player not being able to control what kind of loot the game gives you no matter what.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Also concerning Nisha's line "haven't had this much from since mom died." Abusive drunk mother story. Makes sense now!

Samurai Sanders posted:

It is strange to me that they suddenly gave a concession to their ideal of the player not being able to control what kind of loot the game gives you no matter what.

3 of the same type of items can give you a higher tier item of the same type. I.E. 3 green pistols have a chance to become a blue pistol and if you add in moonstones you will 100% get the next color up.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tenzarin posted:

Also concerning Nisha's line "haven't had this much from since mom died." Abusive drunk mother story. Makes sense now!
It doesn't make it any funnier to say it over and over again though.

edit: vvv I don't think it's a bug, I think the writers honestly thought that if they said it enough times it would become funny.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 18, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That line shows up so much for me. Nisha is just constantly one-upping the amount of fun she is having by comparing it to when her mom died. It seems to possibly be a bug that it shows up so much because I don't hear her other challenge completion/critical kill lines NEARLY as often.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The only time I remember hearing that line is when I was buying ammo, which is kind of weird

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Reveilled posted:

You are specifically hired by Jack to find the vault on the moon, you just get side tracked by Zarpedon for most of the entire game, trying to save the moon instead.

I had totally overlooked that. Honestly, Jack and this cast, at least for a good bit of the game, come off as being far more noble than the other casts.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if this is documented anywhere or if it's some weird bug, but when Wilhelm's vengeance cannon activates you get a whole bunch of free ammo.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I bought this thing off a vendor and it's amazing:

It can heal you, refill your shields, drop some ammo/health kits for you AND zaps melee enemies with lightning. And it makes beep boop noises! I love it!

I've noticed a HUGE uptick in legendaries in TVHM. I got the Nukem off of Flame Knuckle, the oz kit from a vendor and now a Four Seasons grenade off a badass kraggon. And I'm not even to Concordia yet. :psyduck:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
So I have one question and one comment:

1) Anyone know what it means when "critical" is in purple text instead of red?

2) jesus christ gently caress the RK5 fight it is the loving worst.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dallan Invictus posted:

purple crits are guaranteed from your abilities instead of a headshot

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Dallan Invictus posted:

I finally beat RK5, but I had to grind two levels and use the grinder repeatedly until I ended up with a decent corrosive weapon to shoot him down.

Not looking forward to that fight in TVHM.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I just turned on God Mode in Cheat Engine for RK5. gently caress that fight.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

In multiplayer can kill skills trigger off of things you damage that someone else finishes off or must you get the killing blow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Sestze posted:

I finally beat RK5, but I had to grind two levels and use the grinder repeatedly until I ended up with a decent corrosive weapon to shoot him down.

Not looking forward to that fight in TVHM.

I'm at that fight right now in TVHM and I can confirm that it is "the loving worst".

• Locked thread