Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Parmesan Basil posted:

Joe Buck called the "NotYourShield" hashtag a "disgusting act"

Funny how Roger Goodell just dropped off the map when #GamerGate took off. No public comment on the state of his beloved hobby, dodging the tough questions on when he will stomp out SJW and feminist influence in games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

commy gun posted:

Deeming a player not productive after 6 weeks is dumb and the Seahawks aren't dumb. They gave up a lot to get him and gave him an extension so they'd be inclined to give it time. They didn't.
He has played in a lot more than six games. they have had him for over a season at the least.

commy gun posted:

I also don't buy that they'd trade him because the coach looks silly. They let Pete Carroll start Russell Wilson over a free agent QB, and it was much of an eye raiser as I can remember. They don't cave to media scrutiny.

A rookie QB? That isn't silly, and it hasn't been silly in years. Its much rarer to see the rookies sit, if you have any hope for them at least.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

russell wilson wasn't a first rounder and it was a big head scratcher when matt flynn was mysteriously benched.

of course now we know that wilson is good and flynn is terrible, but at the time flynn was some hot poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He outplayed him training camp, its not weird or that silly.

Though I should mention I don't say they traded him to avoid looking silly, I said that was probably the motive for the leaks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

He outplayed him training camp, its not weird or that silly.

Though I should mention I don't say they traded him to avoid looking silly, I said that was probably the motive for the leaks.

actually matt flynn was "injured" for almost all of preseason and training camp. there wasn't actually a real competition.

again, likely because carroll realized what a turd he was.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
players who are legit locker room cancers or bad team players almost always have stuff come out about them while they're on the team(s) that trade them, not in the week before/after the trade. they also usually make a rear end out of themselves in the media at some point. I don't recall anything like that happening with Harvin, and I doubt two organizations could/would organize that kind of media blackout.

like, even the Desean Jackson comparison doesn't make sense cause he'd been called out in the media before for being selfish, being a bad teammate, associating with "thugs" (whether it was true or overblown or not). Yes it got ratcheted waaaay up last offseason, but it didn't come out of nowhere.

Wardende
Apr 27, 2013

Parmesan Basil posted:

I have to give props to Carlos Dunlap, who said this about Harvin and the hashtag: "I don't like it. I want women in video games and I don't want them harrassed. This guy thinks because he's got a ring, he can pretend that Bayonetta 2 doesn't have problematic material."

Very brave, imho

:vince:

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
It's already been said, but this is likely a cap move being spun as Harvin being a cancer in order for the front office to save face. They don't value him enough to justify the price-tag, and it's unfortunate that they aren't coming out and admitting that.

If there really were any locker room cancer issues going on it's likely more along the lines of friction between Harvin and the coaching staff.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I think the rumors about him messing with coaches and plays recently is the more likely culprit. Especially since he does have a history of fighting coaches, albeit deserved or not.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Brannock posted:

Clearly there've been instances before where teams have leaked false stories about a departing player or coach, but I'm curious if there's been incidents where people within the organization have come out and said "Nah, that's all bullshit". I can't think of any off the top of my head but I'm sure it's happened.

Given how serious some of those accusations are about Harvin if they're not true I'd expect a Seahawk to come out and say so -- especially with how vocal some of them are.

For some reason I find it shocking that Golden Tate hasn't said anything about accusations of him being body slammed.

Or just have some reporter say to Richard Sherman "Percy Harvin said you were a terrible cornerback. Your response?"

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

indigi posted:

players who are legit locker room cancers or bad team players almost always have stuff come out about them while they're on the team(s) that trade them, not in the week before/after the trade. they also usually make a rear end out of themselves in the media at some point. I don't recall anything like that happening with Harvin, and I doubt two organizations could/would organize that kind of media blackout.

like, even the Desean Jackson comparison doesn't make sense cause he'd been called out in the media before for being selfish, being a bad teammate, associating with "thugs" (whether it was true or overblown or not). Yes it got ratcheted waaaay up last offseason, but it didn't come out of nowhere.

Harvin absolutely had stories written about him being a pain in the Vikings locker room well ahead of his being traded. No one here faulted him for it, though, because the other side of the argument were Brad Childress, Rock Spielman and Leslie Frazier.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Having the team effectively justify this trade because of some supposed locker room "mutiny" against Wilson is stultifying considering the possible ramifications for the esprit de corps of the team to say nothing of the possibility of inviting unwanted media narratives. The front office deserves to have an actual players' mutiny in response but unfortunately the Seahawks are good enough and seemingly cohesive enough as a team to avoid a proper meltdown.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

DangerKat posted:

Harvin absolutely had stories written about him being a pain in the Vikings locker room well ahead of his being traded. No one here faulted him for it, though, because the other side of the argument were Brad Childress, Rock Spielman and Leslie Frazier.

Oh word, maybe I forgot about it then. Hmm. It still seems like both teams that have traded him had compelling financial reasons.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

King Hong Kong posted:

Having the team effectively justify this trade because of some supposed locker room "mutiny" against Wilson is stultifying considering the possible ramifications for the esprit de corps of the team to say nothing of the possibility of inviting unwanted media narratives. The front office deserves to have an actual players' mutiny in response but unfortunately the Seahawks are good enough and seemingly cohesive enough as a team to avoid a proper meltdown.

To be fair there has been a notable lack of chemistry on the offensive side of the ball this year. Whether/How much of that pertains to Harvin is anybodies guess, but something is up with the offense this year and that's not counting the lovely O-line play.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/10/18/7000379/percy-harvin-golden-tate-fight-seahawks-trade-jets-nfl

lol WHAT

quote:

According to Florio, Harvin reportedly "body slammed" Tate at the team hotel, and that the other players "initially feared Harvin broke Tate's neck." The report also goes on to say that Harvin might have been in danger of "being on the wrong end of a Code Red from teammates who had enough of his angry, moody, erratic ways."

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Sounds like Ol' Maple Bars was dipping into Percy's stash. Purely wild speculation on my part, obviously.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
hawks embracing the post-superbowl heel turn

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I find Code Red to be the most divisive Mountain Dew flavor

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Yeah makes sense that this would only come out now.

Love that it's evolved from Harvin giving Tate the Steve Smith Experience to a tombstone piledriver.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Can someone explain code red to me like I'm a fogie, they were just gonna beat the poo poo out of him?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
percy harvin killed tate?? smdh genius of seattle's from office to fleece the jets then

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Can someone explain code red to me like I'm a fogie, they were just gonna beat the poo poo out of him?

Pretty much. I don't know if it's a legit term, but that's what it meant in A Few Good Men

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Essentially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Aaron Sorkin's influence knows no bounds

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

wheez the roux posted:

hawks embracing the post-superbowl heel turn

That happened pre super bowl

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jWwh58oNbE&t=38s

I wanna see Pete Carrol in this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopNAI8Pefg

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

HappyHelmet posted:

To be fair there has been a notable lack of chemistry on the offensive side of the ball this year. Whether/How much of that pertains to Harvin is anybodies guess, but something is up with the offense this year and that's not counting the lovely O-line play.

It is entirely possible - even if the stories seem exaggerated in this case - that something is wrong in the locker room. That would also obviously be a reasonable reason to trade a player away or to release that player. However, leaking information about a lack of chemistry within the team does not redound to the front office's credit and should be a red flag to anyone potentially signing a deal with the team.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Parmesan Basil posted:

Joe Buck called the "NotYourShield" hashtag a "disgusting act"

To be fair it is pretty stupid

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Apparently the Seahawks tried to get Julius Thomas (and his expiring deal) for Harvin? Denver probably got a laugh out of that one.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

King Hong Kong posted:

It is entirely possible - even if the stories seem exaggerated in this case - that something is wrong in the locker room. That would also obviously be a reasonable reason to trade a player away or to release that player. However, leaking information about a lack of chemistry within the team does not redound to the front office's credit and should be a red flag to anyone potentially signing a deal with the team.

Definitely, but considering the Hawks are on the hook for all the guaranteed money and the Jets are only losing a 4th (max). "Locker room caner" or no, the Jets are walking away with a really good deal here.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This doesn't seem all that concerning to me.

@KMart_LI
Michael Robinson, who was one of the SEA players who broke up Percy/Golden fight, said Harvin is "a very private guy, a no-nonsense guy."
Robinson on Percy: "He’s a guy u like on ur team. He doesn’t play around much. He can be difficult at times to get along with."
Robinson never had a problem w/ Percy, but said Harvin fit in "a lil bit" in SEA + realized he wasn’t going to be “the main show” on offense
Robinson said fights b/t teammates happen all the time. "The concerning part is, this actually got out. ...it’s disheartening," he said.

@RapSheet
Percy Harvin talks to @MikeVick once a week, considers him a mentor. The hope is that the #Jets QB will ease Harvin’s transition to NY.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Michael Robsinson posted:

"We kind of talked about it afterwards," he said. "I talked to Percy and Golden and they ironed their situation out. But again, you've been in locker rooms, these type of things happen all the time. Families fight. That is what is so disturbing. Again, this type of information usually doesn't get out of that locker room. Why it comes out now, almost a year after the Super Bowl is mind-boggling. "

Hmmmm I wonder how it came out

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Seattle tried to trade Harvin for Jordan Cameron. I can't imagine what else they were offering in the pot if they eventually settled for a single mid-round pick.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Now there are reports that the Seahawks would have cut Harvin if they couldn't trade him, which seems ridiculous.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Dude, how havent you seen that movie

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I love Parm's shift into a funny poster now that he is restricted on what he posts about

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MonsterWalk posted:

Seattle tried to trade Harvin for Jordan Cameron. I can't imagine what else they were offering in the pot if they eventually settled for a single mid-round pick.

John Idzik/Rex Ryan must be master negotiators

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Pron on VHS posted:

I love Parm's shift into a funny poster now that he is restricted on what he posts about

Same

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Harvin would throw fits and take himself out of the game if he wasn't getting the ball enough, even in a preseason game because he didn't get to return punts. Lol enjoy New York you bitchmade pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Afraid Aids Cum with a fresh take

But whys your sig turned off bro

• Locked thread