Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

LvK posted:

He took off his shoes the day prior.

Unless you're the first person in this thread to compliment "Colorists" as a singular entity non-sarcastically.

I... did not notice that. Fine. My apologies, Colorists, good job on not loving up the strip! (Genuinely not sarcasm.)

Juliet Jones

Uh... kind of agreeing with Obvious Villian Character here... Not saying he should be content to just lie around and leech off her for the rest of his life or even that he should accept that headmaster deal, but he behaves as if it's a slap in his face personally any time she wants to make use of her own money. That's gross.

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

See, this is how you draw a juvenile bully. Moe always left me queasy and jumpy as a kid, because he looked like he could Really do some damage. That beanie kid ain't got NOTHING on Moe.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

WHAT A COINCIDENCE

Rex Morgan MD

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Hey Ed, don't you think society has more vexing issues to address?

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

So what's that mean, power cleaning? Do we need to break out the heavy duty stuff?

On the Fastrack

Fi strikes me as a Blackberry user and Dethany uses some kinda Windows phone looking thing. Not compatible.

Slylock Fox

Shady Shrew just needs to hit up TJ for insurance fraud pointers. That guy's got it figured out.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 19, 2014

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy wraps up the Annie storyline.

Judge Parker

I wouldn't bet your paychecks on it boys.

9 Chickweed Lane

Meh. Brooke's writing usually leaves a bigger smoldering crater on the comics page everyday.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

WHAT A COINCIDENCE

Mary! Now is no time to be daydreaming about John Carmack! There's meddling to be done!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

For gently caress's sake, Ed, angels don't have to conform to human ideas of how reality works. They are well beyond that. Angels could look like the taste of the colour blue.

Edit: Considering how various angels are actually described, you probably want them to look like the taste of the colour blue. The seraphim, in Eastern Orthodoxy at least, are somewhat horrifyingly described as "six winged, many eyed." Azrael, an angel of death in various Jewish and Islamic sects, has been described as having "four faces, and four thousand wings, and his whole body consists of eyes and tongues, the number of which correspond to the number of people inhabiting the Earth. He will be the last to die, recording and erasing constantly in a large book the names of men at birth and death, respectively."

Dewgy posted:

Mary! Now is no time to be daydreaming about John Carmack! There's meddling to be done!

Don't you judge her. :colbert:

catlord fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Oct 19, 2014

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

People are dying of starvation on the streets as we speak. Peaceful protestors being unlawfully detained. Children shot as they hold their hands up in surrender. Single mothers losing their jobs. Wars are being fought, thousands of innocents die in rubble and fire every day. Somewhere, a child tries to wake their mother, who has taken her final breath.

but it's good to know the only thing ruining ed kudlick's day is stupid marketing for scented candles

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Ed will go on to pile food with bullshit claims and ingredients in to the cart.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

catlord posted:

Don't you judge her. :colbert:

Yeah, judging is Mary's job.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy wraps up the Annie storyline.

Wait isn't Warbucks' primary character trait "rich as gently caress"? How can he not afford to stay somewhere? Did I miss/forget something?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Great Am is actually God. Warbucks can't 'afford' to enter His golden palace (Mark 10:25), but Am insists that he and the rest of the cast stay there.

Little Orphan Annie is dead, and this storyline is the sendoff.

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

I choose to believe that Phantom made such a pile of unconscious bodies that it eventually fell on top of him and now it's too heavy for him to get out from under it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Fi strikes me as a Blackberry user and Dethany uses some kinda Windows phone looking thing. Not compatible.

I don't get it. Do they both only have one app that needs updating at a time? Do they have the same apps?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Number of unread phone alerts?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Symbolism at its finest.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
They are both fastidious with keeping their phone apps up to date and this is something through which Dethany feels a bond.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Why don't they just let apps update automatically?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mehuyael posted:

Why don't they just let apps update automatically?

Because the joke wouldn't make sense otherwise.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they're android apps and they need permission to update?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I have an android and my apps auto-update just fine.

e: Actually the stuff I got from Humble Bundles need manual updating, so maybe that's really it.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 19, 2014

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

I've been re-reading C&H endlessly since I was a kid, and this is the first time I've noticed Moe speaks in mixed case. 1) that's really clever 2) Watterson is really good at lettering.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

This is nice. You did a good job.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Goddrat, that's nice.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

You're usually not too political on Sundays, Wiley, but I have to admit, I agree with you here.

And, yes, Heavenly Nostrils did not update.

9 Chickweed Lane 10/19/2003

Whatever.

Zits

Is that a cat?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Penauts (October 22, 1967)

When getting into a fight, it helps to know what your opponent's weaknesses are.

Funky Winkerbean

The only true contentment you can have is when reminders of age and decay are everywhere.

Classic Popeye Sunday (c. 194(3?))

Pogo: Another bad week for the artist. (November 19, 1972, and yes, you really need to click and enlarge)

First-Gen Blondie, in which the neighbors think horrible things about Dagwood. (c. 1943)

Everybody knows that you hit kids with a tack hammer! The very idea...

Out Our Way now returns you to The Lives of the Cowboys. (November 20-21, 1925)

DoubleDonut posted:

Man, Out Our Way doesn't gently caress around.

Tell me about it. We've had a lot of panels about people drowning unwanted puppies.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 19, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

EasyEW posted:

Pogo: Another bad week for the artist. (November 19, 1972, and yes, you really need to click and enlarge)

Diabetes really did do a number of Walt Kelly :(

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

DoubleDonut posted:

So his horse DID just die, right?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 10/19/2003

"Society cares more about how women look than how they think." That's pretty amazing coming from Brooke.

The Dinette Set knows the best way to deal with a late guest.

Working Daze goes back to transforming people into things.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mister Kingdom posted:

So his horse DID just die, right?

Probably not.
his mule did

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
More like Un-Intelligent Life, heh

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

:stonk: quarantine this thread, McEboldowney virus has mutated and now spreads by contact!

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Meh. Brooke's writing usually leaves a bigger smoldering crater on the comics page everyday.
It wasn't until I read the text under the strip that I realized that was supposed to be an explosion. I thought the plane had hit a bunch of pollen-rich trees.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Mister Beeg posted:

Diabetes really did do a number of Walt Kelly :(

I actually can't make myself read these ones :smith:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

The Phantom

Sunday Rip Haywire

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I forgot how much I hate Piranha Club.

I totally didn't need the reminders of how much I hate Dinette Set and Intelligent Life.

My current hate rankings are probably something like 1) Rose is Rose 2) Dinette Set) 3) Everything McEldowney 4) Mike Du Jour 5) Piranha Club, though.

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, I know I've complained about the focus of the strip drifting away from stories about rock and roll, but that one was a loving ad for a pizza place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Yeah, uh, I don't even get the "rock n' roll is a state of mind" vibe from that one, like I usually do.

• Locked thread