Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

WSW first red card in 35 games.. mental

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Byolante posted:

I think he is out of his depth and having had 2 seasons where he isn't constrained by the rules governing every other team has helped paper ove that fact. Also having the media line up to tell him its not his fault when his team loses and that he is still the best manager in the competition has to play on his decisions too.Muscat for me is a far better manager purely because he is able to maske a team play decent football inside the constraints of the salary cap and visa player rules and still usually find a win. Same with Gombau but with him it is less of a shock because he actually has had some pretty major coaching appointments comparitively for a A league coach.

I think these are fair points - I don't know what kind of coaching credentials Popa has, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't that long along ago that you didn't need formal qualifications to coach here in Aus, and I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out that he might not have a particularly amazing record. Part of the reason I really like Gombau and hope he sticks around, he is incredibly passionate and just seemed to know how to get a tune out of his players - Mulvey and Arnold seem to have that ability too.

I don't know if we have any Wanderers fans around, or anyone cleverer than myself who could shed some light on the tactics there.

Also, is Saba now out of the ACL final?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Going to watch Sydney play Adelaide on Tuesday in the cup, hopefully it won't be as much of a shitfest getting out of the car park after the game

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
In before the inevitable onrush from the legions of City and Newcastle fans, you can watch the match here: http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=280902&part=sports

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Also, I know that I had a bit of a neutral-sook about Big Og's goal last night; but if anyone would like some more well reasoned :qq: I'd recommend wrapping your eyeballs around these :words: http://sendoffreport.wix.com/thesen...E9-E64F6DFB13D1

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Tongues posted:

Also, I know that I had a bit of a neutral-sook about Big Og's goal last night; but if anyone would like some more well reasoned :qq: I'd recommend wrapping your eyeballs around these :words: http://sendoffreport.wix.com/thesen...E9-E64F6DFB13D1

I agree with the reasoning, but I also agree with their conclusion that expecting a referee to work that out during the game is unrealistic.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Villas first touch on the ball goes straight to a Jets player, a glorious day for footballs

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Dah-vid Williams does a David Williams

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I wish Ramsay was still at Adelaide.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
So apparently you can have an entire forward line of international quality players but if you start for Melbourne Heart/City you're not scoring a loving thing ever

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Also, gently caress that mic'd up active support sounds a lot like that Islamic call to prayer, it's like playing C&C Generals

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Top header that

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

AhahahahahHa

Bloody 900 shots on goal on the other end as well. My computer also BSODd at the Twitter meltdown so you lot are on your own for the rest of the game.MMG is now defender of the faith

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Not sure if I can hit the turps as hard as yourself Tongues but I'll give it a RHG.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Montanooooooo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

11 shots to 5, what are you doing City

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm calling this finishing either 1-0 or 2-0. City ain't winning this.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Well shut my mouth.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress you shut the gently caress up you fucker

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sorry. I'm neutral, not trying to jinx anyone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sorry. I'm neutral, not trying to jinx anyone.
the commentators I'm listening to aren't and it's annoying me

Oh well, draw is fine, everyone expected us to lose

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If I weren't a dyed in the wool United supporter I'd go for Glory. Dat purple kit :3:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hopefully Perth play like this against us next week :-)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am hoping this kurtishi fellow will be berisha without the mental tendencies

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oooooh 1 all

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lovely strike from 20 yards out! This is the exciting kind of game I've been waiting for all weekend.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oof. Near handball/deflection sees it go 2 - 2

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Keogh header to make it 3-2 Glory. Great to watch :)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Donarchie has scored two own goals and been at fault for another. Fire him into the sun

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Perth first, WSW last, Brisbane second last.

Early season hilarity at its finest.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's gotta help the confidence heading into the Asia Cup final.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Not sure if I can hit the turps as hard as yourself Tongues but I'll give it a RHG.

I knew I was right to believe in you

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

I knew I was right to believe in you

:hfive:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Rumours abound that David Villa may not complete his ten match stint at City. NYCFC want him back early for marketing purposes cause they're worried Frank Lampard is hosed for a while

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I don't know if it will make too much difference, the eleventy billion shots they took last week proved that you can have 2 internationals (and Dah-vid Williams who I think is a fringe socceroo) up front and still be loving hopeless. Though to be fair, Heart/City looked pretty good everywhere but the attacking box and I bet we'll bloody well play them into form this weekend.

I think one of the commentators mentioned that for all the buzz around City this year they've retained most of the squad they had during the hilariously poo poo years. Excited to see all of Koran/Villa/Duff on the park at once, if just one of them can string a bit of luck together they'll be amazing.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That's a bugger.

In not so exciting news Matt Simon has been unavailable without excuse due to a bit of drama when he went overseas for a holiday. However it's not your normal run of the mill NRL/AFL drama llama in that nothing was stolen and nobody was raped or shat upon, and his absence is pretty understandable. Apparently back in the country and training and may be available to break players legs in a few weeks.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

That's a bugger.

In not so exciting news Matt Simon has been unavailable without excuse due to a bit of drama when he went overseas for a holiday. However it's not your normal run of the mill NRL/AFL drama llama in that nothing was stolen and nobody was raped or shat upon, and his absence is pretty understandable. Apparently back in the country and training and may be available to break players legs in a few weeks.

Well thats no loving good then is it. Tell him to get his arse back overseas and disgrace the nation like a true athlete

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Anything less than a 'I just shat in schlossy's shoe' moment is too little. We deserve better.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good to see the Adelaide United boys getting into that FIFA15 thing. Last team I saw looked bored with the whole affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If Graham Arnold is whinging about the short turn around he should at least be happy they're playing yet another home game in the FFA cup - it's high 30's in Adelaide and very humid at the moment.

• Locked thread