Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Theyre really ugly too

Is that some form of bird-racism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Is that some form of bird-racism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s35puUhqQJc

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Sad lions posted:

Not many games are easily identifiable as games any more besides being interactive and fans of the existing state of games are largely going to dislike things that go against the newer tradition of being interactive fiction.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My nephew was playing Angry Birds and it was ten minutes before I realized I wasn't in an aviary.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Enid Coleslaw posted:

somebodys on the mensatural cycle :D

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

Sad lions posted:

Not many games are easily identifiable as games any more besides being interactive and fans of the existing state of games are largely going to dislike things that go against the newer tradition of being interactive fiction.

So wait, is this why people didn't like Gone Home; it told a story? I thought The Best Games Ever (jRPGs per your average neckbeard) also told stories?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Quad posted:

So wait, is this why people didn't like Gone Home; it told a story? I thought The Best Games Ever (jRPGs per your average neckbeard) also told stories?

"It's not a real game" is the common argument, though what constitutes a "real" game is rarely defined.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Quad posted:

Yes but those stories aren't about how it's ok to be gay.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
The best I can figure is that it's first-person, But There's No Combat, so they feel cheated. But then again Zork, Myst, etc... whatever. Sorry to derail. Have some TCC.

Motivational Lobster posted:

Coming to the sudden realization that this life is just a virtual reality game being played by someone in the far, far future. This entire lifetime takes only a few seconds of "real" time in the future. I even remember having false memories from my future-life.

Awesome moment. I feel like a huge stoner thinking about it now, but still.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Pilchenstein posted:

They kinda are

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Have you played Persona 4?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I don't think "it's okay to be a gay 5,000 year old dragon/demon that is in the form of a child" counts.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Quad posted:

The best I can figure is that it's first-person, But There's No Combat, so they feel cheated. But then again Zork, Myst, etc... whatever. Sorry to derail. Have some TCC.

That guy is right.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

MariusLecter posted:

I don't think "it's okay to be a gay 5,000 year old dragon/demon that is in the form of a child" counts.

Persona 4 had a 14 year-old stripper as one of its characters, if you want to make fun of it by pulling stuff out of context you don't really need to make stuff up.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
She wasn't a stripper, her Jungian collective unconscious fear being manifested as a giant technocolor monster with a satellite dish for a head was.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Small Frozen Thing posted:

She wasn't a stripper, her Jungian collective unconscious fear being manifested as a giant technocolor monster with a satellite dish for a head was.

Anime pedophile spotted.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Persona 4 had a 14 year-old stripper as one of its characters, if you want to make fun of it by pulling stuff out of context you don't really need to make stuff up.

I wasn't speaking of persona 4 specifically but sorry I offended your Artsy child stripper game though.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is there even a single thread on these forums that hasn't been about video games at one point or another?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Is there even a single thread on these forums that hasn't been about video games at one point or another?

Oddly enough, the DOTA 2 thread is just insults with no mention of a video game at all.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The Norm Macdonald RGD thread

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Quad posted:

"People" didn't like Gone Home because the player character is a woman, it's about The Gays, you don't get to kill any minorities/minority-stand-ins, and they're scared of unfamiliar experiences.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mookface posted:

I was dating this one vegan girl and we were doing yoga a few times a week for several months. A running joke that we had was that one of these days I was going to be able to suck my own cock and she was into that poo poo because she thought it was hot.

We were doing bikram yoga in Chinatown one time just ripped on this hash and I felt something kind of pop in my lower back. It didn't hurt really, just felt like this odd pull. I didn't think much of it at the time so we put our clothes back on and longboarded back to the loft. I was having a bit of a soak in the tub when I felt, no, I just knew that I could do it.

I called skyy to the bathroom and I told her to get the goji berries because I was ready. We went to the kitchen and I sat on the floor. I stooped my back over and began to lower my head towards my pelvis. I had gotten this far before, but today was different. I was able to roll my sacrum upwards and inward, directly depositing the head of my penis firmly into my mouth. I was already rock hard.

I wasn't able to deepthroat myself or even close, just kind of jerk off my cock in my mouth while licking and sucking on the head until I climaxed and sucked out every drop. My girl rubbed herself out furiously the entire time, moaning about oh how that's so hot baby.

I had done it. I hung up my yoga mat and retired from autofellatio.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TetsuoTW posted:

"People" didn't like Gone Home because the player character is a woman, it's about The Gays, you don't get to kill any minorities/minority-stand-ins, and they're scared of unfamiliar experiences.

I think it's more about envy than anything else. "This person made a game that I personally think is kinda junk but they're seeing all this success that I don't think this game deserves." That's enough to turn anyone's run-of-the-mill "bleh" opinion into frothing dislike of a game.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

TetsuoTW posted:

Its because its an pretentious interactive storybook that you can beat in literally 47 seconds with no glitches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9qlm8olmn0

If it was a newgrounds flash game it wouldn't have recieved any flak but they charge 20 bucks for it.

Edit: I think people get kinda mad about it is because people like the above make not so subtle implications that if you didnt like the game or rated it low you dont like gay people or women.

RonMexicosPitbull has a new favorite as of 06:46 on Oct 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
definitely. it's definitely what you guys are saying, for sure. i agree.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Its because its an pretentious interactive storybook that you can beat in literally 47 seconds with no glitches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9qlm8olmn0

If it was a newgrounds flash game it wouldn't have recieved any flak but they charge 20 bucks for it.

The same is true of Myst. Speedrun time is a useless metric.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If you play games just to find the next event flag and think zelda games have worthwhile stories then yes Gone Home is not good

E: Hey wait I'm in the quotes thread? Thought I was in the steam thread.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

When you're a huge sperg speedrun time is the only metric.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I think people get kinda mad about it is because people like the above make not so subtle implications that if you didnt like the game or rated it low you dont like gay people or women.

Yeah I can see this. I don't think Gone Home is bad, I actually kind-of dig it, but the way people try to smear those who criticize it is just as bad as the people who actually do sperg about it for being a game about gays and women.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
You don't like a game I like, let me tell you details about your own psychology

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man, I remember a time when having an opinion about something wasn't controversial. Either you liked it, or you didn't, and that was pretty much it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Man, I remember a time when having an opinion about something wasn't controversial. Either you liked it, or you didn't, and that was pretty much it.

Now it's you love it or you hate or you think it's okay. :mitch:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

yea i remember literally never too dumbass

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
gurggh: check out my cave wall drawing of two horses
balff: ur a dumb motherfucker. im gonna rape u and smear cum on your lovely drawing so it looks blurry in six thousand years
gurggh: well you suck at raping me b*tch
balff: idont even know why we live together.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Judge Clayjar posted:

balff: ur a dumb motherfucker. im gonna rape u and smear cum on your lovely drawing so it looks blurry in six thousand years

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Judge Clayjar posted:

let me crosspo-- oh my, how convenient!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

You don't like a game I like, let me tell you details about your own psychology

The guy who thinks people don't like particular games solely due to their subconscious desire to murder minorities would make an excellent addition to the Current Releases writing staff.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

The guy who thinks people don't like particular games solely due to their subconscious desire to murder minorities would make an excellent addition to the Current Releases writing staff.
It'd never work, I know I'm garbage.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

From what I understand Gone Home is a game about hot lesbians making out, so I don't know why so many people seem to dislike it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Highlander: the Barkening

There Can Be Only One Good Boy; Is It You?! YES IT IS!
From Focus On The Family's The Legend of Who Greenlighted 2014!.

• Locked thread