Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

Yeah, like the Func mice but with sweet logitech sensors and decent build quality.

The MS-3 is the best mouse I've ever used comfort-wise. The QC issues are the only thing that ruined my experience with it.
The Naos is also nice and has the best scroll wheel ever, but I wish it were slightly larger, and that the ring finger rest were longer. I can't actually rest my finger on it, but it is still a better place to grab than on any other mice I've used.
I have a G500s sitting around that I can't use because it makes my hand cramp to hold it, and I hate the scroll wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I bought a Zowie FK1 to replace my dying g500. I think the tracking is great but the mouse itself feels kind of...cheap? The scroll wheel doesn't hold a candle to the g500's. I just get this feeling it will break in a year or so. I like the tracking so much but if there's a Logitech with identical or as-good sensors I think I'd return it.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

folgore posted:

I bought a Zowie FK1 to replace my dying g500. I think the tracking is great but the mouse itself feels kind of...cheap? The scroll wheel doesn't hold a candle to the g500's. I just get this feeling it will break in a year or so. I like the tracking so much but if there's a Logitech with identical or as-good sensors I think I'd return it.

The SS Rival, Mionix Avior and Naos 7000, and Roccat Kone Pure Military have the same sensor. That said if you managed to get an FK1 without any actual build issues I say stick with it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Skwee posted:

So my Logitech G5 is starting to die. Completely losing connection to my computer for short moments, or eternity unless I unplug it and plug it back in.

I'd like a mouse possibly a bit larger because I like to palm it and have pretty long fingers, and more buttons. Also I'd like one that actually works with a mouse pad, this thing has never worked with any mouse pad I've tried. Possibly because it is a laser mouse? Or was the g5 just never working with mousepads? Luckily it worked on my desk, but I don't like to use it on the desk because when I clean it the movement feels odd and I have to use a small amount of oil to get the surface feeling right.

I've just been looking at the g502, but I am wondering if there is a better option, maybe cheaper, or similar price.

That's possibly a cable issue, at least it was for my housemate. He grabbed the cable from my G5 with hosed microswitches (it's socketed internally) and his now works fine again.

Not sure how hard it is to get a proper G5 cable, but if you're handy with a screwdriver and not afraid of electronics it's not exactly rocket science to replace the cable.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Skwee posted:

So my Logitech G5 is starting to die. Completely losing connection to my computer for short moments, or eternity unless I unplug it and plug it back in.

I'd like a mouse possibly a bit larger because I like to palm it and have pretty long fingers, and more buttons. Also I'd like one that actually works with a mouse pad, this thing has never worked with any mouse pad I've tried. Possibly because it is a laser mouse? Or was the g5 just never working with mousepads? Luckily it worked on my desk, but I don't like to use it on the desk because when I clean it the movement feels odd and I have to use a small amount of oil to get the surface feeling right.

I've just been looking at the g502, but I am wondering if there is a better option, maybe cheaper, or similar price.

G402, 502 and 602 are basically the best mice you can buy at the moment. Pick your prefered shape and features.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
I bought a Logitech M510 to use with my laptop and whenever I left click the entire mouse rocks forward like a table with uneven legs. Is that normal or did I get a warped one?

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????
I just got a G602 to replace my worn out G300, and the sensor likes to freak out when I lift the mouse to center it on my mouse pad. Cursor dives diagonally downwards in the opposite direction.

Is this a known problem with the mouse, or is mine defective? Would a G402 or something else work better for me?

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want a mouse that has the touchy scrollies of a magic mouse but also has left click and right click that actually click the thing you expected 100% of the time. Oh and middle click too! Does such a device exist in this day and age? I don't care if its expensive--all that matters is it is good.

I'd use it on windows and would very rarely play games.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
What is a good ambidextrous wireless mouse? I've been eyeballing the wireless version of the Sensei.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

obstipator posted:

I want a mouse that has the touchy scrollies of a magic mouse but also has left click and right click that actually click the thing you expected 100% of the time. Oh and middle click too! Does such a device exist in this day and age? I don't care if its expensive--all that matters is it is good.

I'd use it on windows and would very rarely play games.

Logitech makes an Ultrathin Touch Mouse that gets pretty good reviews. White version is for Mac, black for Windows (but I think it's just the default gesture configuration that changes, they both work with both OSes). It has left, right, and middle click; according to some reviews, however, you cannot do left click + right click at the same time, which may or may not be a dealbreaker for you depending on the programs you use.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NihilCredo posted:

Logitech makes an Ultrathin Touch Mouse that gets pretty good reviews. White version is for Mac, black for Windows (but I think it's just the default gesture configuration that changes, they both work with both OSes). It has left, right, and middle click; according to some reviews, however, you cannot do left click + right click at the same time, which may or may not be a dealbreaker for you depending on the programs you use.

Oooo, neat. That's not a dealbreaker for me. Thanks.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Goo posted:

The G502 also does not have a filter driver.

We go back and forth on whether to pre-assign commands and always go back to no, because we don't want to dictate how we think you should play the game. Ultimately the benefit from macro keys comes from finding ways that they can make your personal gameplay experience more efficient.
This reminds me. Is there ever going to be a fix so that Flowscroll and LGS can be installed at the same time? If LGS is installed, flowscroll won't install because it says a newer version is already installed. If flowscroll is installed, installing LGS will make it not work anymore. Setpoint and flowscroll work together just fine, but it's really crappy that LGS breaks one of my favorite things about my mouse. I've seen posts about this on logitech's forums, but it never really gets replies by anyone except customers.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Has anybody had any luck recently getting into the Logitech Support site? It won't let me log in, or make another account (as in, the site fails to work, or load the next page.) I'm starting to think I'm not gonna be able to RMA this g100s...

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Yip Yips posted:

I bought a Logitech M510 to use with my laptop and whenever I left click the entire mouse rocks forward like a table with uneven legs. Is that normal or did I get a warped one?

Pretty sure that is not normal. Is it missing one of the feet?

smushroomed
May 24, 2009
Thinking about a g502 from a g700 because of the optical sensor, I'm a finger grip guy, and I don't mind spending the money. Any other mouse to consider

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip

Rakeris posted:

Pretty sure that is not normal. Is it missing one of the feet?

Nope. I'm going to contact Logitech.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

On a whim (see on a sale) I grabbed a Zowie FK1.

Compared to my mx518 it feels super light. While smaller than my old beloved Intellimouse, it feels really good so far.

e: I also really dig the plug and play, no software nature of it.

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 22, 2014

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Mousethread, what is your wisdom?

I've been using a Logitech G500, and a G5 before that. The G500 just died on me and Logitech doesn't seem to make anything else like it anymore. Happen to know what I could replace it with? Wired, laser tracking, with mouse 4 and 5 buttons.

I was looking into Steelseries. Their Sensei Raw with the rubberized finish looks like it might work, but the only thing I've bought from them before is a mousepad.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Volcott posted:

Mousethread, what is your wisdom?

I've been using a Logitech G500, and a G5 before that. The G500 just died on me and Logitech doesn't seem to make anything else like it anymore. Happen to know what I could replace it with? Wired, laser tracking, with mouse 4 and 5 buttons.

I was looking into Steelseries. Their Sensei Raw with the rubberized finish looks like it might work, but the only thing I've bought from them before is a mousepad.

g400s is like the same shape and stuff as the g500 (laser) and the g5 (laser) and the mx518 (optical) and all that jazz except it is optical. Any specific reason you want laser?

Also there are still g500 mice in stock in a few places. Also the g500s is in a few places too. Just more expensive because they aren't made anymore I guess.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The G500s still looks to be widely available and its basically a G500 with a new coat of paint.

As an aside I recently went from a G500 to a G602 and I couldn't be happier - the shape is great, it tracks well even in endurance mode and apparently battery life is excellent for a wireless gaming mouse (I say apparently because I haven't had it long enough to see for myself). As far as I'm concerned it's the perfect mouse.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
I've been using the same basic shape of Logitech mice for over a decade (MX500, MX700, MX510, G5 SE, G500), and picked up a G502 when it was released. It has replaced the G5 SE as the best mouse I've ever used, and I got another one since (I have a lot of computers...).

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Since this already seems to be the "help me buy a Logitech mouse" thread, what are the scroll wheels like on the newer Logitech mice, specifically the G500(s) and the G502?

I'm still rocking a 2005 G5, but unfortunately close to a decade of use means that the cable has developed a bit of a short, which means it stops recognising the mouse every now and then when moved a particular way. Is the scroll wheel and overall feel/weight/size of the newer generations roughly similar? The G502 in particular looks rather extravagant to me.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Touchpads. Do any decent multitouch-capable models exist that aren't wireless? I'll be using it with my desktop, where the current peripherals haven't left the the desk in almost a decade, so getting a wireless device seems pointless and counterintuitive.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
They both have hyper-scroll mouse wheels, which means you can press a button (a physical non-remappable one that can only be used for toggling hyper scroll) to switch between the normal notched scroll and a near-infinite free scroll. Compared to the G5, the wheel on the G500 is about the same size but a bit heavier to scroll due it to being metal. The G502's wheel is a lot bigger, and louder when used in the normal notched scrolling mode, but it's also a lot more solid and much less likely to accidentally result in a wheel tilt when you try to use it for middle click compared to the G5 and G500.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

GokieKS posted:

They both have hyper-scroll mouse wheels, which means you can press a button (a physical non-remappable one that can only be used for toggling hyper scroll) to switch between the normal notched scroll and a near-infinite free scroll. Compared to the G5, the wheel on the G500 is about the same size but a bit heavier to scroll due it to being metal. The G502's wheel is a lot bigger, and louder when used in the normal notched scrolling mode, but it's also a lot more solid and much less likely to accidentally result in a wheel tilt when you try to use it for middle click compared to the G5 and G500.

Thanks! That sounds good, I don't mind "heavier" at all but was worried about a lack of a "notched" mode. Decisions, decisions.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

Humerus posted:

Well I can speak for the (old) Logitech G400, that covers all your bases, but they don't make it any more. It was replaced by the G400s, which doesn't have flashy lights but it does look pretty :pcgaming:. The G402 will also fit your bill, and while that does have LEDs in it, I think they can be turned off. The default sensitivity may be too high, but the Logitech software will let you adjust it (on the fly even, if you desire).

I know this is an old post, but thanks for the recommendation. I bought the G400s and I'm actually really happy with it. I'm surprised I like it so much.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Can anyone recommend a silent clicking mouse?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
The logitech gaming software on Windows8.1 is incredibly frustrating.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I get the impression that the best way for me to improve my mousing experience is to get a really good mouse pad or mousing surface. Is this an accurate impression?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

If your mouse is good and your mousepad is bad buy a better mousepad. This doesn't mean an expensive one.

What's wrong with your "mousing experience"?

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
My "mousing experience", and yeah, please forgive me for typing that, is kinda sticky. Too much static friction between the mouse and the mouse pad. I'm not sure how to judge mouse pad quality, is part of it.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I did some semi-successful mouse surgery today, fixed a problem on my Logitech G400 where it would constantly disconnect but in the process lost one of the springs for my scrollwheel, everything still works but it doesn't go clickety-clack when I scroll, which is my preference.
Presumably I won't be able to just find a replacement spring, or a new wheel to put in there. So I can either deal with the loose scrolling or buy a new mouse, I really like the G400 so I might just end up getting a G400s down the line, as it seems the G400 has jumped in price after discontinuation (not a massive fan of the blue skin but I can deal).
Is there any way I could solve the problem with my current mouse?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

My "mousing experience", and yeah, please forgive me for typing that, is kinda sticky. Too much static friction between the mouse and the mouse pad. I'm not sure how to judge mouse pad quality, is part of it.

Cheap solutions:

1. clean your desk/mouse pad/wipe the bottom of your mouse carefully
2. buy some new feet if your mouse feet are worn out (these are teflon or similar pads that let your mouse slide, sometimes called skates)

If your mousepad is the problem, decide whether you like soft or hard mouse pads and buy a cheap one with good reviews. There's very little difference between a good mouse pad and a super ultra perfect one besides price.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Thanks, potato. I'll give that a go. It looks like I need to replace my mouse anyhow - it's a cheap Monoprice gaming mouse and one of the buttons is apparently not working.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I've been using the Logitech G700s for a couple of days. I like it, feels comfortable, software works well, I like the rechargeable battery. Would recommend!

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

sout posted:

I did some semi-successful mouse surgery today, fixed a problem on my Logitech G400 where it would constantly disconnect but in the process lost one of the springs for my scrollwheel, everything still works but it doesn't go clickety-clack when I scroll, which is my preference.
Presumably I won't be able to just find a replacement spring, or a new wheel to put in there.
Yes this is often how things go... Can you describe the spring any, ideally by Googling g400 scroll wheels and annotating an image saying I lost this bit or something because there are all sorts of weird springs in mice sometimes and some are more easily replaced than others.

I assume it is fully lost never to be seen again? I'm going to guess you started playing with it and it sprung off never to be seen again. I have done this no less than 3 times.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I make custom mouse pads if anyone is interested,

panzertape
Nov 5, 2014

malefactor posted:

I use a MX518

Guys, what was said years ago, is still the way to go :f5h:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Mastigophoran posted:

Yes this is often how things go... Can you describe the spring any, ideally by Googling g400 scroll wheels and annotating an image saying I lost this bit or something because there are all sorts of weird springs in mice sometimes and some are more easily replaced than others.

I assume it is fully lost never to be seen again? I'm going to guess you started playing with it and it sprung off never to be seen again. I have done this no less than 3 times.

Yep, I very much doubt I will ever find it, (though I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up the day I end up getting a new mouse)

This is the one I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.

goodness posted:

I make custom mouse pads if anyone is interested,

Cool. Can you do steel, aluminium, frosted glass, or ceramic mouse pads?