Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Asimo posted:

3 dps lf tank, healer

That's what you get for not being a manly man and playing tank/healer yourself.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

<Player vs Poutine> <--- Epic guild name I just spotted.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

<Chains and Collars>
<Brothel of Wicked Sins>
<Motherhood>

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

LSTB posted:

<Chains and Collars>
<Brothel of Wicked Sins>
<Motherhood>

I really regret not joining the Brother of Wicked Sins when I was invited.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Brothel, sorry.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I play WoW, sorry everyone

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

peter gabriel posted:

It's hard to watch a person slowly dying.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
This Gaming Year has been a big disappointment.

So big, in fact, that I was contemplating picking up WoW again just now.

All according to Blizzard's keikaku, possibly.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's hard to watch a person slowly dying.

I haven't played properly for a little while, it's the pre expansion feeling that everything you do and every piece of gear is worthless and pointless.
I know that's true all the time but it really hits me near an expansion :(

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

peter gabriel posted:

I haven't played properly for a little while, it's the pre expansion feeling that everything you do and every piece of gear is worthless and pointless.
I know that's true all the time but it really hits me near an expansion :(

I never really gave a crap about gear. All I wanted was to do the content and get the achievements to signify that I did everything that was possible was done did. To fully Explore the world and all of it's secrets.

And repgrinds are a billion times easier when everything gives 1000 rep.

Doing Vanilla to Pandaria w/ friends on a private server really killed any desire to play on live servers ever again. Especially since the quality of content is in decline and is pretty apparent.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Taint Reaper posted:

I never really gave a crap about gear. All I wanted was to do the content and get the achievements to signify that I did everything that was possible was done did. To fully Explore the world and all of it's secrets.

And repgrinds are a billion times easier when everything gives 1000 rep.

Doing Vanilla to Pandaria w/ friends on a private server really killed any desire to play on live servers ever again. Especially since the quality of content is in decline and is pretty apparent.

I just like the raiding side, I'm not in a guild so I just use Oqueue and see what I can get involved in, so gear is somewhat important to be able to even get in on interesting stuff.

I did the private server thing with a friend and he basically said 'Here, have end game gear' and spawned a full set, then we went and duoed the hardest raid by targeting bosses and typing /dead and they died.

It was really strange seeing the game stripped bare like that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

peter gabriel posted:

I just like the raiding side, I'm not in a guild so I just use Oqueue and see what I can get involved in, so gear is somewhat important to be able to even get in on interesting stuff.

I did the private server thing with a friend and he basically said 'Here, have end game gear' and spawned a full set, then we went and duoed the hardest raid by targeting bosses and typing /dead and they died.

It was really strange seeing the game stripped bare like that.

I don't think it's strange, it just shows how much poo poo is artificially inflated. One week raid lockouts and stuff shouldn't be a thing. Same with removing content for prestige and having fun vanity stuff be an ungodly low drop rate.

You can spawn an NPC in the caverns of time who can teleport you to old instances pre-cataclysm.

Well it doesn't have to be CoT I just did it fore LORE PURPOSES. You can still access the vanilla world by wallclimbing in Zul'Farak on live servers, unless they patched that out. I havn't played on live servers since the first tier of cataclysm.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Taint Reaper posted:

One week raid lockouts and stuff shouldn't be a thing.

Agreeing with this so hard that I just broke 15 mice hitting 'quote' - It's loving horeshit that you can't jump in raids because OH NO YOU DON'T SONNY JIM YOU'VE HAD YOUR FUN THIS WEEK

I get the timesink aspects of the game, that's fine but raid lock out are crappy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

peter gabriel posted:

Agreeing with this so hard that I just broke 15 mice hitting 'quote' - It's loving horeshit that you can't jump in raids because OH NO YOU DON'T SONNY JIM YOU'VE HAD YOUR FUN THIS WEEK

I get the timesink aspects of the game, that's fine but raid lock out are crappy.

When I played Monster Hunter with friends, I said Dire Miralis was a end boss to the game and they fought him once and we beat him.

When I said "let's fight him again to get more stuff" and queued up they were shocked you could fight a boss more than once without a lockout and still get items.

it's like "WAIT HOLD ON THE GAME ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE FUN? YOU CAN DO AS YOU PLEASE?"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Taint Reaper posted:

When I played Monster Hunter with friends, I said Dire Miralis was a end boss to the game and they fought him once and we beat him.

When I said "let's fight him again to get more stuff" and queued up they were shocked you could fight a boss more than once without a lockout and still get items.

As would I be, and you know what?
That makes me a little sad.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

As would I be, and you know what?
That makes me a little sad.

Why would you be surprised? Monster Hunter isn't an MMO so it would have no reason to do lockouts.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Silver Striker posted:

Why would you be surprised? Monster Hunter isn't an MMO so it would have no reason to do lockouts.

I'd be surprised because I don't know what it is and I would have no idea how it got on my system

Edit: I presumed it was an MMO :(

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 19, 2014

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lockouts are cool because they encourage people to roll alts and then complain about how everything that takes more than ten minutes to do is alt-unfriendly. Because when you are playing a game that is explicitly designed to never end and waste your time, you should always make sure to do the exact same thing on two or three characters simultaneously.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

It takes the whole online boss raid monster slaying aspect from MMos and gives it an active combat system instead of action bars and lowers the required number of players to finish it. There are definite similarities it shares.

The other thing is I really like how Blizzard took D3 and gave it poo poo that was actually fun, compared to WoW where they keep rebalancing poo poo for PVP in an endless tide of suckatude. Diablo 3 got boon of the Hoarder which should be in every game. It made Gold farming fun and took out the farming aspect entirely.

There's supposedly one that's coming in for Gems and other resources which is ideal since it gets rid of farming since you don't have to stop playing the game and preform another activity just to gather resources. You collect them while you play the normal game.

I mean a game with different specs should allow you to play and dick around with them instead of impeding you. Or requiring you to work to have fun.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have to log in, I am like 1 step away from getting the LEGENDARY CLOAK on an alt, but I have been there for 6 weeks now and I need motivation to log in

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I did only portions of the legendary quest before I gave up on it. What a terrible design decision. Especially since it's required if you want to do any serious raiding.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Someone threaten me or something

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Silver Striker posted:

I did only portions of the legendary quest before I gave up on it. What a terrible design decision. Especially since it's required if you want to do any serious raiding.

It has solo scenarios which are great and they would have been fine on their own but sprinkled in are 2 rep grinds and then 3 loving drop / luck related grinds that actively gently caress you over that are time gated and that is just mind numbingly idiot.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I am glad that I have a million other games that I want to play right now because I would totally play WoW again if that wasn't the case.

Also: have they announced anything new about that weird 'garrison' thing they were planning on adding?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

And they're doing it again for WOD, they're promising it will be "easier" but blizzard rarely carried through on other promises.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

No Such Thing posted:

Also: have they announced anything new about that weird 'garrison' thing they were planning on adding?

It's honestly Farmville but you can't pay to make the cooldowns go away until the next upgrade. Like ther eis some customizing but it requires you to find rare spawns that other people are not camping.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I mean between raiding, mount farming, pvp, rep grinding, dailies, my garrison, and playing the auction house, I'm only putting in about 30 hours a week on Groggelflan, it only makes sense that I do all that on at least one other character because what else am I gonna do, not play WoW? *eyes focus as moment of clarity is nearly achieved, before glazing back over as you turn to your monitor and open the character creation screen*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Yeah at the moment I have loads of new distractions so WoW is suffering, and I think that's actually the way it should be

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's honestly Farmville but you can't pay to make the cooldowns go away until the next upgrade. Like ther eis some customizing but it requires you to find rare spawns that other people are not camping.

Farmville blows but Farmville that gets you cool WoW stuff like new WoW pokemon is actually cool.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

No Such Thing posted:

Farmville blows but Farmville that gets you cool WoW stuff like new WoW pokemon is actually cool.

I like the farm they have at the moment, it's all decked out and I can grow stuff I need :3

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

No Such Thing posted:

also you don't have to camp rare spawns because "rare" spawns are just elites now that respawn quickly but you can only loot them once (per day maybe?)

i mean come on tr if you're going to lie at least try to pick something obscure

and you don't even have to camp poo poo to get the garrison plans, all the level 1 ones are fuckin given to you and you get to purchase the level 2 ones with an item you get for finishing questlines in zones, the level 3 ones are from achivements that are generally "use this building a lot"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

sword_man.gif posted:

also you don't have to camp rare spawns because "rare" spawns are just elites now that respawn quickly but you can only loot them once (per day maybe?)

i mean come on tr if you're going to lie at least try to pick something obscure

I didn't know they changed it. I had a bitch of a time hunting down the TBC and WOTLK rare spawns. Especially the Time Lost Proto Drake.

I wound up getting all of them in the end. The one TBC rare keeps getting killed by Shat guards and they've never fixed it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

I didn't know they changed it. I had a bitch of a time hunting down the TBC and WOTLK rare spawns. Especially the Time Lost Proto Drake.

I wound up getting all of them in the end. The one TBC rare keeps getting killed by Shat guards and they've never fixed it.

they even show up on the minimap as a skull icon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Taint Reaper posted:

Time Lost Proto Drake.

That's quite a famous one though isn't it for being a pain in the rear end?
I never got into the collect-athon side of things tbh apart from gear and whatnot

sword_man.gif posted:

they even show up on the minimap as a skull icon

This is true these days

• Locked thread