Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

euphronius posted:

Tyrese was sent out, went to his death, communed with the dead, and came back into the room as an avatar of death, similar to carol.
I like this idea, but "avatar of death" works much better for Carol than it does for Tyrese. Carol's commando raid and execution of hippy-lady was cold; Tyrese, on the other hand, was full of passionate heated rage during his fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Surprise motherfucker.

That door opened magically.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

nooneofconsequence posted:

Dudebro, don't you see all the steam/dust? it's like in every media ever when there's an angry bull and they exhale sharply out of their nose, you see their breath. He did that and the force was enough to blow the door open, duh.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

itsjustdrew posted:

Dudebro, don't you see all the steam/dust? it's like in every media ever when there's an angry bull and they exhale sharply out of their nose, you see their breath. He did that and the force was enough to blow the door open, duh.

Post-apocalypse testosterone surge effect.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Saveron_01 posted:

Post-apocalypse testosterone surge effect.

Something like that, yes.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

Catsplosion posted:

I can understand why people think otherwise but god drat do I hope they killed that character off.

I hope he killed him just because I couldn't stand how he talked while chewing his gum.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I definitely don't think Tyrese killed that guy, which is why he wouldn't let Carol go in the cabin.

Well he could be a part of the Termite gang in coming episodes - disfigured, toothless and pissy about it. If he is alive he'll kill someone of the main cast just to drive home that YOU MUST DO WHAT'S NECESARRY! because the audience haven't gotten that memo yet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Anosmoman posted:

Well he could be a part of the Termite gang in coming episodes - disfigured, toothless and pissy about it. If he is alive he'll kill someone of the main cast just to drive home that YOU MUST DO WHAT'S NECESARRY! because the audience haven't gotten that memo yet.

For once the Scooby gang should have listened to Rick

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Who was feeding the zombies tho?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Wizard of Smart posted:

The same guy who set off the prison alarms idiot.

Was probably the guy in the after credits teaser.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
So when the group goes back to Terminus for the Katana or to rescue the other hostages or whatever, do you think we'll find out how much people Glenn's squad chowed down on before figuring it out?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The hosed up thing is Glenn went back for seconds even after being told.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Remember when some people thought Hershel's family might be cannibals?

Maggie reveals her darkest secret: they totally were.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Not available in my country. :(

"They're channeling Sharknado" Conan says, making exaggerated hand gestures.

Basically he wants there to be like, flaming zombies raining from the sky in future episodes, because the explosion tossed them so high.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

"They're channeling Sharknado" Conan says, making exaggerated hand gestures.

Basically he wants there to be like, flaming zombies raining from the sky in future episodes, because the explosion tossed them so high.

Z nation had a zombie tornado already

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaganGoatPants posted:

But she has been reborn from glorious combat.

The great redeemer!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Nah you can see the guy swinging the door open at the beginning to allow the Tyrese to blitz him for a 10yd loss.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

precision posted:

Remember when some people thought Hershel's family might be cannibals?

Maggie reveals her darkest secret: they totally were.

We still don't know if they were cannibals we never saw them actually eat people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wasn't tyrese a football player in the comic?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PaganGoatPants posted:

Surprise motherfucker.

It goes well paired with

from last weeks Agents of Shield.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the door was so scared of Tyreese is moved out the way automatically.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

etalian posted:

the door was so scared of Tyreese is moved out the way automatically.

"Where does a hulked-out Tyreese go?"
"Anywhere he goddamn pleases."

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Does anyone have a gif of Rick stabbing the dude then gunning down those people from behind?

DivvyO
May 21, 2001
Copa & Maxixe!

I'M RICK GRIMES, BITCH

euphronius posted:

Wasn't tyrese a football player in the comic?

Yup, and they haven't given him much of a backstory other than him and Sasha being the only ones left of the group that made it to the prison way back in Season 3.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

God I love this, thank you.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

I love how in some shows I would be really annoyed at how dumb it seems to nail that many people while not aiming. But since the episode was just so drat fun I look at it and just go "gently caress yeah!".

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

JossiRossi posted:

I love how in some shows I would be really annoyed at how dumb it seems to nail that many people while not aiming. But since the episode was just so drat fun I look at it and just go "gently caress yeah!".

The dumb bar was set to high with how Carol aimed the forework to set the gas explosion. I thought at least she would pick up the gun and aim it, which I thought was pretty smart... But nope.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Would you have been happy if Carol had done some calculations in the dirt like that Loony Toons chicken?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Would you have been happy if Carol had done some calculations in the dirt like that Loony Toons chicken?

She should have used one of those mortars the guy brought. More burning bits over a bigger area. They also look and sound cooler.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone think that the zombie guts camouflage is kinda a cool idea, but the way it is portrayed on the show makes it seriously over powered?

I mean it makes the zombies seem less threatening when they are so dependent on smell that they can't discern a living person from another zombie at 5 feet.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"over powered" is a good term here because it reinforces how Carol is the power gamer/PC gamer of the group. Somewhere in the first season, they also cover themselves in zombie guts and it works. But that scene is mostly about how gross, scary and disgusting the adventure is. It's two people who have guts and blood and rotten human flesh all over themselves, walking through an army of the dead! It's really visceral!
And now, we have Carol, who has no heart, no emotional reactions at all. She plays the game like a speed run. She has no soul. She's all tactics. She doesn't mind the stench, because there is no smell in computer games. She doesn't mind the enemy NPCs being eaten by zombies, because, who cares about NPCs?
It's awesome.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Does anyone think that the zombie guts camouflage is kinda a cool idea, but the way it is portrayed on the show makes it seriously over powered?

I mean it makes the zombies seem less threatening when they are so dependent on smell that they can't discern a living person from another zombie at 5 feet.

It probably helped that the walkers were all distracted by the noise and explosions and delicious running people. If the walkers were more passive and in inquisitive exploring mode then she could have been in trouble, but they had no reason to investigate the slightly odd walker when there is obvious food right in front of them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cingulate posted:

"over powered" is a good term here because it reinforces how Carol is the power gamer/PC gamer of the group. Somewhere in the first season, they also cover themselves in zombie guts and it works. But that scene is mostly about how gross, scary and disgusting the adventure is. It's two people who have guts and blood and rotten human flesh all over themselves, walking through an army of the dead! It's really visceral!
And now, we have Carol, who has no heart, no emotional reactions at all. She plays the game like a speed run. She has no soul. She's all tactics. She doesn't mind the stench, because there is no smell in computer games. She doesn't mind the enemy NPCs being eaten by zombies, because, who cares about NPCs?
It's awesome.

I love how she carried multiple weapons just for the hell of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEiBl3aQcY

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

etalian posted:

I love how she carried multiple weapons just for the hell of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEiBl3aQcY

"Remember how I said I'd kill you with the red handled machete? I lied."

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Watching the rebroadcast and I have a question: Was the fireworks guy talking to Terminus Mary on the radio?

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
I hope it's a Beth episode.

A Bethisode.

(I know it's not, I've seen the stills)

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

I hope it's a Beth episode.

A Bethisode.

(I know it's not, I've seen the stills)

I don't miss her at all. Then again, Tyrese can't carry the baby all the time, so we need the babysitter back soon.
I've now watched this premiere five times and I still love it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I cant remember if Rick & crew ever signed onto the whole Washington thing or are they still in: we need to find another prison and grow turnips mode still?

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

No More Heroes posted:

I cant remember if Rick & crew ever signed onto the whole Washington thing or are they still in: we need to find another prison and grow turnips mode still?

There was no discussion with Abraham and his group yet... think they are mostly in "Let's get the hell out of this area" mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wizard of Smart posted:

Lizzie was.

• Locked thread