Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

That's the least if its worries.

Edit: To be fair, though, the 20" wheels are an option and the brakes are augmented by regenerative, right?

It looks ridiculous. There's one at the local Street Survival since it's a BMWCCA co-sponsored event. They look like those awful aggressive cartoon car drawings; all wheel, no body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Phone posted:

They look like those awful aggressive cartoon car drawings; all wheel, no body.

I would love to see a Dave Deal drawing of an i3.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bucephalus posted:

I would love to see a Dave Deal drawing of an i3.

I found one: http://i.imgur.com/dbmKGLCl.jpg

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

goatse guy posted:

nm, I don't think I could ever date an attorney, because my dad is like the Saul Goodman of patent law and it put me off of attorneys forever.
But Saul Goodman is interesting and patent law is boring as gently caress?
Also, no one should date lawyers.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

nm posted:

But Saul Goodman is interesting and patent law is boring as gently caress?

I believe Calvins' father (name unknown) would like to have a word with you.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

This looks like a honda element and a 3 series had some inbred babies.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ey esse im in Los Angeles :nyd:

Ive been ere a total of one hour and the freeways are more befitting a European open wheel tournament. Ive been past two serious accidents, one jeep cherokee that changed his mind and ramped a concrete median a 60, 3 actual legit motorcycle gangs, and passed by two sportbikes on each side of me doing a buck twenty with a brand new Corvette hauling rear end chasing them.

THEY EAT THEIR WEAK

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Sounds like the LA traffic I remember and love.

Now go get on the 405.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Ey esse im in Los Angeles :nyd:

Ive been ere a total of one hour and the freeways are more befitting a European open wheel tournament. Ive been past two serious accidents, one jeep cherokee that changed his mind and ramped a concrete median a 60, 3 actual legit motorcycle gangs, and passed by two sportbikes on each side of me doing a buck twenty with a brand new Corvette hauling rear end chasing them.

THEY EAT THEIR WEAK

Now imagine doing it in the civic.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dude Ive got a brand new rental focus and was averaging 85 and people were cutting me off like I was doing 45 in a winebago. My Civic would not survive.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Dude Ive got a brand new rental focus and was averaging 85 and people were cutting me off like I was doing 45 in a winebago. My Civic would not survive.

There is a guy I see all the time on the 10 in a pretty beat looking CVCC civic. I dunno how he fits his balls in that car.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

This looks like a honda element and a 3 series had some inbred babies.

It looks like a fat bird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sold the loving beetle. Listed at $2500, sold for $2100 and took 9 days to sell. First person that actually showed up to look at it bought it, minimal haggling and no attempt at Jesus guilt.

Good day. Time to drink.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
i3 Chat: I saw a guy with one at the last c&c of the season in Seattle and he was really psyched to have any opportunity to tell anyone present how great of a car it is. All I could think of was the Aztek and the Element when I looked at it.

LA Traffic Chat: I think that LA drivers are so used to (and fed up with) traffic that anytime they get the chance to move with speed, they move with speed. It's pretty awesome, but I don't know that it makes up for how much driving is necessary down there and just how bad traffic can get. They're generally better drivers than Seattle drivers imo.

Rhyno sold his GFs bug chat: Right on! Now relax back into the reality of not having to mess with horrible examples of VAG engineering 'quality'. :)

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

Rhyno posted:

I sold the loving beetle.

Finally! Everythings coming up Rhyno!

Got the grungy bachelor kitchen cleaned up from top to bottom yesterday, and got up earlier today to attack the fridge. It actually looks like something you could live in- instead of a rerun of Hoarders.

Still have tons of stuff to catalog and put on eBay. Not THAT bored, though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mat_Drinks posted:

LA Traffic Chat: I think that LA drivers are so used to (and fed up with) traffic that anytime they get the chance to move with speed, they move with speed. It's pretty awesome, but I don't know that it makes up for how much driving is necessary down there and just how bad traffic can get. They're generally better drivers than Seattle drivers imo.

I'd bet that they're not better drivers compared to seattle if you were to look at insurance rates. LA traffic jams was everyone treating every single moment as a literal drag race followed by hammering on your brakes as hard as possible, repeat ad nauseam.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
gently caress yes coffee time.

To all the people that don't like it, I don't blame you. I feel a lot clearer headed and better if I don't go anywhere near the stuff. Plus I'm pretty sure it's coffee that's causing a skin condition. But damned if it isn't a brief panacea for the soul in the morning. Shame it doesn't last. Things always go totally batshit insane and there's hours to go before drinking time.

My brother in law is still doing the equivalent of pokemon trading with cars. Literally as soon as he gets one he throws it up on facebook to swap for something else. This has been going on for ages. Sometimes he has a car for only hours.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Well weekend didn't go as planned but worked out ok in the end. Race started cold and wet with Dad driving, he drove pretty reserved but kept it in one piece. I got out as the track finally dried out, set some fast laps then wrecked the car. There will be video in a while but the snapchat should have gave a pretty good idea. We may have been able to fix it but said screw it and packed up.

Met my brother, his girlfriend, my aunt and uncle for dinner then crashed at their (aunt/uncles) house. Woke up and headed to the airport for breakfast. Nice flight with beautiful fall colors and an excellent breakfast. Flew there in my uncle's Cub based float plane he built over the past 10 years, flew back in his friends RV10. Both experimental and great planes.

Now in WI for a week or two. Unload the race car in a few hours and see how much damage there is.

goatse guy posted:

This guy isn't awful, he just doesn't like cars. :sigh:
I may be terrible but I like cars, we'll grab drinks at some point while I'm up here.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'll drink whatever drip coffee is present if it's offered, but I really want to get an aeropress one of these days.

Best coffee I've ever had was in Detroit last May. My sisters and I went to this place that actually roasts the beans to order, then grinds them and brews them as you wait. Not even the slightest chance for the aromatic oils and such to go rancid. That first sip was heaven.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

NitroSpazzz posted:

There will be video in a while but the snapchat should have gave a pretty good idea.

Can someone repost snapchat pictures here for us backwards peoples that just use forums?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Fucknag posted:

I'll drink whatever drip coffee is present if it's offered, but I really want to get an aeropress one of these days.

Best coffee I've ever had was in Detroit last May. My sisters and I went to this place that actually roasts the beans to order, then grinds them and brews them as you wait. Not even the slightest chance for the aromatic oils and such to go rancid. That first sip was heaven.

I highly recommend it. They're around $20 on Amazon and you get a nice stack of paper filters to start you off. There are also a ton of 'Aeropress recipes' around the internet but I just use the basic method. I just make the 'shot' and fill the rest with hot milk.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

BraveUlysses posted:

I'd bet that they're not better drivers compared to seattle if you were to look at insurance rates. LA traffic jams was everyone treating every single moment as a literal drag race followed by hammering on your brakes as hard as possible, repeat ad nauseam.

My evidence is completely anecdotal in that it's my own experience, but the dozen odd times I've driven in LA over the past decade I've noticed a distinct difference in the ability to merge, distracted driving, passive-aggressive driving, and driving slow in the fast lane. LA driving is definitely more aggressive, but all of those issues feel less evident there and in the absence of traffic driving feels more efficient to me because of it. I'm not saying I'm trying to live there or anything or that they don't have their own problems, just that most of my pet peeves about Seattle driving are reduced there and I enjoy the occasions when I get experience it.

Seriously though, unless I had the serious kind of money that buys you a house in the hills or on the coast I'd never even consider living in LA and even then I'd have to think hard about it.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

General_Failure posted:

gently caress yes coffee time.

To all the people that don't like it, I don't blame you. I feel a lot clearer headed and better if I don't go anywhere near the stuff. Plus I'm pretty sure it's coffee that's causing a skin condition. But damned if it isn't a brief panacea for the soul in the morning. Shame it doesn't last. Things always go totally batshit insane and there's hours to go before drinking time.

My brother in law is still doing the equivalent of pokemon trading with cars. Literally as soon as he gets one he throws it up on facebook to swap for something else. This has been going on for ages. Sometimes he has a car for only hours.

Maybe he's trying the Craigslist thing where he starts with some tiny thing and swaps things for better and better things.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

N is for Nipples posted:

Maybe he's trying the Craigslist thing where he starts with some tiny thing and swaps things for better and better things.

You can go pretty far with that. http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

meatpimp posted:

Can someone repost snapchat pictures here for us backwards peoples that just use forums?

They way snapchat works is you can only see the image for up to 10 seconds and then it disappears forever. Somebody could take screenshots and post them I suppose, I'll try and remember to upload some.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Terrible Robot posted:

They way snapchat works is you can only see the image for up to 10 seconds and then it disappears forever. Somebody could take screenshots and post them I suppose, I'll try and remember to upload some.

You are actually using the standard snapchat client that doesn't save/archive? Hrmph.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

meatpimp posted:

You are actually using the standard snapchat client that doesn't save/archive? Hrmph.

Sensible considering the recent leak involving the third-party apps to which you refer.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

NitroSpazzz posted:

I may be terrible but I like cars, we'll grab drinks at some point while I'm up here.

:hfive:

T-Square and brokenknucklez, is it time for an upper Midwest meetup?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

I wrecked the car.

As promised here's me smashing our car up after setting a fast lap for the day - http://youtu.be/EyIAZTOCCA4

I'm a bit sore but not even any bruises, video looks a lot worse than it felt.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

How'd you guys do overall? My wife and I saw the snap of the dented side and being jacked up yesterday a few hours into the race while having lunch she said,"Holy crap, that sucks!"

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

N is for Nipples posted:

If he didn't have the worst case of automotive ADHD in history he could have. he's traded up pretty nicely a few times, then he goes and trades for something lovely again. Today's car is a Mazda somethingorother SUV. Last week it was a Mitsubishi. There have been quite a few 4x4s, Commodores, a Tarago van, a Fairmont, a Suzuki and I don't know what else. He's literally my neighbour but even then it's still easily possible to miss a few trades.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Come home to see a giant (for england) spider in the kitchen sink.

Yep that's tomorrow's problem.

Hey sober freelop go gently caress yourself :D

T-Square
May 14, 2009

goatse guy posted:

YES

Edit: If it makes you feel any better nitrospazzz, I got pushed off into the grass in one of my races at Daytona today, at about 100mph on the outside of the dogleg/kink on the infield. Two wheels and slicks on grass means things quickly got nasty as I tried to slow the bike down without biffing it. Couldn't slow down in time and wound up spearing back onto the track in the Western Horseshoe, and came waaayy to close to collecting a Ducati and winding up in the hospital. Then I finished third. Then a second. :v:

T-Square fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 20, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

NitroSpazzz posted:

As promised here's me smashing our car up after setting a fast lap for the day - http://youtu.be/EyIAZTOCCA4

The leaves blowing around as the car slowed gave it a very zen-like feel.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

goatse guy posted:

I'm down if I'm not in school :dance:

Oh :saddowns:

Fucknag posted:

Which one is it?! My wife's best friend works at Great Lakes Coffee and one of my friends works at Urban Bean Co. (both are really good and I don't really even like coffee).

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tusen Takk posted:

Which one is it?! My wife's best friend works at Great Lakes Coffee and one of my friends works at Urban Bean Co. (both are really good and I don't really even like coffee).

Neither, it was the Roasting Plant (had to look it up). It's right by Lafayette/American Coney Island, which we went downtown specifically for (both of which were underwhelming imo, I prefer my hot dogs grilled), then decided to get coffee after and it was right there. I'm sure they're all great, though; fresh roasted is where it's at.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
Does anyone remember that guy who posted all those pictures of rad cars from Hong Kong? What happened to him/the thread? I've been searching for it, but without much luck. :sigh:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
syf0n?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

No, much more recent than that, Juan Chai maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

keykey posted:

How'd you guys do overall? My wife and I saw the snap of the dented side and being jacked up yesterday a few hours into the race while having lunch she said,"Holy crap, that sucks!"
We didn't feel like fixing it so we packed up. We were down to somewhere in the mid 30's (out of 80) as far as position and I was putting in lap times consistently around 2.59-3.01 I think. We tried different tire pressure settings and I was loving it. It was a race of carnage though, cars dropping out like crazy and I would guess maybe 1/2 the field ran the day without being towed or limping it to the pits.

• Locked thread