Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Although the timeline is a little screwy because the end of OUAT Wonderland kinda implies he lives happily ever after with the Red Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Where were Will and the Red Queen living out said happily ever after? I missed the second half of the OUATIW. Maybe he got swept up in The Wicked Witch's spell that brought everyone back to Storybrooke. (or this is happening during that brief stopover we saw early in the season)

Just throwing this out there. What if Snow Queen is Future Elsa?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

VBane posted:

Where were Will and the Red Queen living out said happily ever after? I missed the second half of the OUATIW. Maybe he got swept up in The Wicked Witch's spell that brought everyone back to Storybrooke. (or this is happening during that brief stopover we saw early in the season)

Just throwing this out there. What if Snow Queen is Future Elsa?

I'd be okay with this:

Hey girl who played Claire, here's a story where you lose your memory
Hey guy who played Hurley, here's a story where you just play Hurley but as a giant
Hey guy who played Widmore, here's a story where you play a Widmore but in a fairy tale
Hey girl who played Juliette, here's a story where you time travel

:v:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
So glad to see the knave back in Storybrook. Hands down my favorite part of OUATIW. Hope we do get the timeline all confirmed there. He's just so awesome. I want to see him and Hook attempt to out-rogue each other.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

fork bomb posted:

Who's the knave? Will Scarlet? I really liked him and I hope he becomes a regular. Maybe he can hook up with Ruby.

Would definitely be ok with him hooking up with Ruby. If you do watch OUATIW you may agree that Ruby is far better for him than the red queen.

It was to my understanding he arrived in storybrooke again after the ending of Wonderland.. so I figured when he pops up again we'll find out what happened, he'll have his own episode.. maybe meet Robin Hood again and have it out.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I just like to pretend that OUATIW never really happened but was an nightmare of some person that works on CGI effects for a living.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

Emma must have met her in the "real world" sometime between her birth and Henry returning to her, otherwise we would have to know about their encounter.

Or we missed part of the story in the Enchanted Forest at some point, Emma was somehow involved in that, and rock trolls erased everyone's memory because rock trolls.

And yeah if Ice Queen isn't somehow related to the family tree I'll be seriously disappointed in the show. You can't have characters that don't tie into the family tree. Come on now. It concerns me that I'm only half joking at this point.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I bet the Once writers couldn't believe their luck that Frozen just happened to have characters that can remove memories

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Macaluso posted:

I bet the Once writers couldn't believe their luck that Frozen just happened to have characters that can remove memories

Give it a season or two and it'll be as commonplace as ripping hearts out. "Yup, you're still feeling guilty. See the black flecks on this here memory?"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think my biggest complaint with this season so far is that they seem to be spinning their wheels a bit with the characters who have been around since season 1. Some of it is that the cast has gotten so inflated, they have only moments to devote to everyone, but I guess I'm getting a bit tired of the scenes where Grumpy and Granny round up a lynch mob and Snow White has to convince them to stop, for example.

I'm digging the direction with the Frozen stuff now, though, if only because it involves more Rumpleshenanigans.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Grumpy is the worst goddamn character atm and is totally the main villian.

Stop jumping to conclusions you rear end in a top hat

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gnossiennes posted:

Grumpy is the worst goddamn character atm and is totally the main villian.

Stop jumping to conclusions you rear end in a top hat

It's kind of a shame, because I liked that one episode where he started as Happy.

My fiance tells me that I am the only human being on the entire planet who would like to see more Jimminy Cricket, possibly including Raphael Sbarge. His flashback was really interesting and took place before we knew that every single thing that happened was the result of a Curse War between two families.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

Bicyclops posted:

It's kind of a shame, because I liked that one episode where he started as Happy.

My fiance tells me that I am the only human being on the entire planet who would like to see more Jimminy Cricket, possibly including Raphael Sbarge. His flashback was really interesting and took place before we knew that every single thing that happened was the result of a Curse War between two families.

She's wrong. I would love to hear more about Jimminy Cricket. He became an advisor to the Queen/Snow White, man. How did that come about?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Bicyclops posted:

Hey hey he was Dreamy! I think.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Parlett316 posted:

You're right, Dreamy. Just a typo.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Parlett316 posted:

Yeah, up until Amy Acker broke his heart (this may have been the other way around). I have to question his judgment on using Sleepy as his designated driver. That seems like a no brainer.

Merlinicus posted:

Or we missed part of the story in the Enchanted Forest at some point, Emma was somehow involved in that, and rock trolls erased everyone's memory because rock trolls.

And yeah if Ice Queen isn't somehow related to the family tree I'll be seriously disappointed in the show. You can't have characters that don't tie into the family tree. Come on now. It concerns me that I'm only half joking at this point.

When I first saw the Ice Queen in her full regalia, my first thought was, 'Does Disney still have the rights to use the Narnia IP? Because she definitely gives off White Witch vibes.'

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

AbsolutelySane posted:

Yeah, up until Amy Acker broke his heart (this may have been the other way around). I have to question his judgment on using Sleepy as his designated driver. That seems like a no brainer.

That piece of poo poo Blue Fairy hosed THAT up :mad:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's really a shame that the Blue Fairy being secretly evil plot probably isn't going to happen.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

How come Amy Acker & Grumpy didn't just get together once in Storybrooke? Is there any reason NOT to?

Also I kinda like Jiminy, too. I think his perspective on everyone is better.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Gnossiennes posted:

How come Amy Acker & Grumpy didn't just get together once in Storybrooke? Is there any reason NOT to?

Because Amy Acker has a regular gig on Person of interest.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

It's really a shame that the Blue Fairy being secretly evil plot probably isn't going to happen.

Isn't she dead? If not, then why not consult the Blue Fairy about Marienne's curse and not, you know, the only person in Storybrook with motive to kill her?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Isn't she dead? If not, then why not consult the Blue Fairy about Marienne's curse and not, you know, the only person in Storybrook with motive to kill her?

I'm pretty sure that was yet another fakeout, like they defeated Pan's Shadow and life returned to her. The real reason is because they want to get mileage of the Regina plot and the Blue Fairy's person isn't a regular, but I guess if you want a story explanation, it's probably "because every time we go to her, we find out that light magic does gently caress-all except what you can already do through the power of true love."

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

AbsolutelySane posted:

When I first saw the Ice Queen in her full regalia, my first thought was, 'Does Disney still have the rights to use the Narnia IP? Because she definitely gives off White Witch vibes.'

Holy poo poo. I didn't realize that Disney made the new movies. Uggghhhhh I want this to happen so badly.

I actually haven't seen the new movies but I grew up with the box set of books, and I've seen the old versions.

I'm pretty sure they're going to milk Frozen for the entirety of season four, but I can hope for season five.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

fork bomb posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn't realize that Disney made the new movies. Uggghhhhh I want this to happen so badly.

I actually haven't seen the new movies but I grew up with the box set of books, and I've seen the old versions.

I'm pretty sure they're going to milk Frozen for the entirety of season four, but I can hope for season five.

I assume it will be the first half and then the second half will either have them completely part of the town or gone.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume it will be the first half and then the second half will either have them completely part of the town or gone.

Maybe they'll segue into Narnia for the second half. :v:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Flatscan posted:

Because Amy Acker has a regular gig on Person of interest.

And for an in universe reason because in Storybrooke she was a nun.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah, I'm close to positive they're doing the half season thing they did with season 3 for the rest of the show's run, where everything wraps up really nicely at the end of each half, except in the last five minutes, when they introduce the cliffhanger that segues into the next half season.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I am marathoning my way through this right now and loving it. I watched the beginning of the first season and was a bit put off by some of the cheese (which yes, I know - it's about fairy tales...what did I expect?) but now I am hooked, pardon the pun. The Wicked Witch of the West just showed and I am like a little kid.

So onto my question: do I need to watch the Wonderland spin off? I am already more than halfway through season 3, episode 14 - just at the start of them being back in Storybrooke and Regina and Emma figuring out the WWotW is there.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

Kelly posted:

So onto my question: do I need to watch the Wonderland spin off? I am already more than halfway through season 3, episode 14 - just at the start of them being back in Storybrooke and Regina and Emma figuring out the WWotW is there.
You don't need to watch it. There are some very minor crossovers. There's one character in particular who seems like they'll have an impact, but I don't think it's really necessary in order to understand.

Having said that, Wonderland was a decent enough show on it's own. It's only one season, and they knew it was ending so it actually has a conclusion. It has it's stupid points just like OUAT, but some of the characters were really likable.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

KasioDiscoRock posted:

You don't need to watch it. There are some very minor crossovers. There's one character in particular who seems like they'll have an impact, but I don't think it's really necessary in order to understand.

Having said that, Wonderland was a decent enough show on it's own. It's only one season, and they knew it was ending so it actually has a conclusion. It has it's stupid points just like OUAT, but some of the characters were really likable.

Thanks...I am burning my way through this so I will likely have time to watch it before catching up on S4.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

He kept the hand, he kept the loving hand.

Never change, Rumple. :allears:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I was hoping for Hook to get a little frisky. Like pinch Emma's butt. What's the point of an evil hand if you're not going to have fun with it?

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

I was hoping for Hook to get a little frisky. Like pinch Emma's butt. What's the point of an evil hand if you're not going to have fun with it?

"Emma"? That's a strange way to spell my name.

So Rumple's old friend is the Unibomber?

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 20, 2014

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
MAGIC BROOM!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
The fact that Mickey Mouse is officially canon in this show now is simply fantastic...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I loving love this show to death

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
Episodes where we learn Rumpel's motives are always the best. :allears:

Also holy poo poo Henry I hope you know what you're getting yourself into.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
The episodes that focus on Rumple are the best. Robert Carlyle just acts circles around everyone else.

Side note: We randomly busted up laughing as we watched Henry sweep the floor at the end. It was so terribly acted. :)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dude probably never swept a floor in his life. Also, that floor was god drat spotless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixie delights
Mar 31, 2005
oy.
I'm calling it, Henry is Mickey Mouse. In three episode, he'll be filling gold's store with soap suds.

I'm only half joking.

• Locked thread