Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
gently caress, here I was thinking I played this game too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Plugging in the second controller to more easily get a character's unlockable weapons is an old school "Warriors" trick that's been around since Dynasty Warriors 3. Surprised more people here haven't tried it before!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Master Quest doesn't have enough goddamned compasses.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

Master Quest doesn't have enough goddamned compasses.

Yeah, I'm really feeling that too. It could've done with a couple quick devastating attack or kill a small amount of enemies maps to give some compass supplies. As it is now, your only options are something that involves the imprisoned, killing dodongos with Zant, or a regular map that still takes like 5 minutes to clear if you rush it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

killing dodongos with Zant

This can be done in less than 2 minutes though so it's definitely the way to go.

That said it's pretty hosed up that you actually need the compass for things like the recorder spots in the desert. Come on game why you gotta have all this convoluted Search bullshit.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Maybe I should just hold off on the Master Quest map until everything is solved. :v:

p.s. I got Ruto's level 3 weapon and I still say that mission sucked. Then I got Ganondorf's. That mission sucked less.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So should I just wait until I can buy Zant to 99 until getting his LV3 weapon? Because holy poo poo this guy just does not do enough damage to kill anything in any reasonable amount of time.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Finally beat Legend mode. This game owns and it had a pretty sweet plot too. I dug the final boss a lot, was a bit sad that I only had Lana and Zelda survive that far though. Still, excellent final stage.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Regy Rusty posted:

Lana's is the hardest one in my opinion because the Deku spear is pretty bad for that stage. My advice is to make sure you get a high star level 2 spear before attempting it. The actual mechanics of the requirement are that you need to avoid doing the mission to activate the Great Fairy. Doing so removes Volga's reviving power and makes it so that when you kill him he stays dead. You have to beat him twice and then go activate the fairy and finish the mission.

Similarly, the Link and Zelda one is about prolonging the mission. In order to beat that level, you have to have both Link and Zelda dead at the same time. So in order to get the skulltula, you need to keep alternating killing them until it appears, making sure you don't kill one until the other has revived.

Actually, you only need to beat Volga once, wait for him to get back, and then trigger the fairy and finish him off, as that counts as beating him twice.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

I can't even figure out what I'm actually doing mechanically (in terms of combos), but by rolling my thumb back and forth between strong and normal attack with Volga, he repeatedly does some kind of ground-slam that juggles non-giant bosses forever. It feels faster/more damaging than strong-normal-normal-dashcancel-repeat. There's a nice rhythm to it, too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

Actually, you only need to beat Volga once, wait for him to get back, and then trigger the fairy and finish him off, as that counts as beating him twice.

Sure if you want to take the easy way out.

(Oh. :v:)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wizzro sometimes takes a nap after hard fought battles. Darunia killed me in a devastating hits map as I killed him, still counted as a victory though

Couple things: Master Quests secrets on the map, refer to the guide in the bottom left for what items to use.

Here's some beta designs.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Oh poo poo, Valkyrie Zelda is actually a pretty badass concept! She could really use an undershirt or something, though. Glad they changed Impa, that design is bland as hell.
I can't decide if Proto-Lana is more or less anime than the one they stuck with. Her color scheme is a bit less garish than what we got, at least.

e: edited but man you know that's what I meant besides the fact that they're the same person anyway.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 20, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cicadas! posted:

Oh poo poo, Valkyrie Zelda is actually a pretty badass concept! She could really use an undershirt or something, though. Glad they changed Impa, that design is bland as hell.
I can't decide if Proto-Cia is more or less anime than the one they stuck with. Her color scheme is a bit less garish than what we got, at least.

I'm pretty sure that's Lana.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Lana.

It's obviously Ganondorf :v:
Man, I hope they do beta costume dlcs cuz all of those are and the previously seen ones are rad as hell

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Man, I've barely played the DLC at all.

I did the first two levels of Cia's Legends, starting on Hard without thinking about it, and three or four of the Master Quest Adventure Mode levels (I got Link's purple costume). Is there any real reward for finishing the other three levels of the bad guy scenario in Legend mode?

Meanwhile, I have done pretty much nothing but play this game and sleep for the past three days (I've been sick with some kind of horrible throat thing), and I still only have about 3 of the level 3 weapons and not a single one of my people is above level 50. I've cleared about 3/4ths of the tiles and gotten an A rank in about half of them in normal Adventure Mode, but it's starting to feel like I'm hitting a wall. I might try Hero difficulty in some of the early Legends stages and see if I can score a few weapons. Right now, I'm just getting my rear end handed to me.

By the way, I figured out why the bow wasn't helping me as much as others in the Devastating Attacks stages: I was pressing the wrong loving shoulder button to lock. :v:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Cicadas! posted:

I can't decide if Proto-Lana is more or less anime than the one they stuck with. Her color scheme is a bit less garish than what we got, at least.

Proto-Lana IS Bao Sainnaing.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Bicyclops posted:

Man, I've barely played the DLC at all.

I did the first two levels of Cia's Legends, starting on Hard without thinking about it, and three or four of the Master Quest Adventure Mode levels (I got Link's purple costume). Is there any real reward for finishing the other three levels of the bad guy scenario in Legend mode?

Meanwhile, I have done pretty much nothing but play this game and sleep for the past three days (I've been sick with some kind of horrible throat thing), and I still only have about 3 of the level 3 weapons and not a single one of my people is above level 50. I've cleared about 3/4ths of the tiles and gotten an A rank in about half of them in normal Adventure Mode, but it's starting to feel like I'm hitting a wall. I might try Hero difficulty in some of the early Legends stages and see if I can score a few weapons. Right now, I'm just getting my rear end handed to me.

By the way, I figured out why the bow wasn't helping me as much as others in the Devastating Attacks stages: I was pressing the wrong loving shoulder button to lock. :v:

Do not play Hero Mode. I'm pretty sure they're intended for level 99s with perfect tier 3 weapons.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, getting Volga's level 2 weapon (I have to get the weapons in order because) is going to be really tough because on one side is a don't get hit map you have to A rank, and on the other is a regular map that ends with a fight against the goddamned imprisoned that you have to A rank, and you have to allot a solid 6 or 7 minutes just to kill that rear end in a top hat, and sometimes he'll just lay around wiggling for half a minute despite being in a completely flat field. I barely cleared it on time but B ranked because I couldn't stop to get up to 1200 kills.

I'm beginning to suspect that what they expect you to do against the imprisoned is not weakness crush him, but it still takes an age and a half to kill him since he has stupid amounts of health. You also don't have enough juice (unless you're Shiek) to do a special attack clear of his toes for every down when you have to do it a minimum of 8 times, which makes the fight even longer. God I hate the imprisoned so much.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Playing hero mode is not the way to make things easier.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeah the Imprisoned is above and beyond the boss I hate fighting the most. It's not even hard just extremely tedious.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Yep, I tried one of the early story levels on hero mode on a level 60 character with a tier 3 weapon and it took three or four complete combos just to kill a keep boss or an outpost captain. It was not an experience I'd recommend.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

Yep, I tried one of the early story levels on hero mode on a level 60 character with a tier 3 weapon and it took three or four complete combos just to kill a keep boss or an outpost captain. It was not an experience I'd recommend.

Hero mode is pretty much there to provide a challenge just in case you are still obsessed with Hyrule Warriors when all of your dudes are maxed out.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Have I not been paying attention, or is "damage received" no longer an A-Rank limitation in most Master Quest maps?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Thanks to everyone's advice I finally managed to firebomb my way through the mission before the Summoning Gate and finally get that.

...not sure it was worth it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It was, the Gate is Lana's best weapon by a good distance.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Eep. Well, guess I'll skip hero mode then. :(

Back to cycle through the eight squares I have open but not beaten to see if I can, and then hit some of the B-rank ones to see if I can improve my rank. This game is hard!

Does anyone know where the last skulltulas are to complete the image that starts with the Hard Legend skulltulas? I have all but two for that, I suppose it would be nice to unlock it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

Have I not been paying attention, or is "damage received" no longer an A-Rank limitation in most Master Quest maps?

A lot of the master quest maps have only two requirements, but it's not always damage that's removed. I really need to make a list of what it is for each mission type so I can actually remember.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Thanks to everyone's advice I finally managed to firebomb my way through the mission before the Summoning Gate and finally get that.

...not sure it was worth it.

Make sure to fully upgrade the attacks first. The way it works is that you use Strong Attack to summon a monster and then do the combo that normally summons that monster. It will instead have an improved attack that is hilariously overpowered. Not quite Great Fairy or Sheik overpowered but still overpowered.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Bicyclops posted:

Does anyone know where the last skulltulas are to complete the image that starts with the Hard Legend skulltulas? I have all but two for that, I suppose it would be nice to unlock it.

They're somewhere near the middle of the adventure mode map. The level that illustration unlocks is about on par with hero mode for difficulty, though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Okay so I'm a bit behind on Wii U stuff (Destiny basically ate the last month of my gaming time) and just bought the game today, played a few levels and purchased the DLC. Epona is hilariously overpowered, especially since I tried her our on the first level on hard mode and got "twilight epona" 3* with 3 slots. The thing does stupid damage compared to anything else. Strong attack to charge then mash light attack and just juggle the poo poo out of everything is hilarious and completely broken.

I'm not very far but this seems like a great game in short bursts after work. Complete mindless fun when you don't want to think anymore.

I tried some of the adventure map and it looks like I shouldn't even worry about it until I finish the main story, but at the same time I got some nice loot and was able to advance my guys what felt like early, not that the badges seem too hard to fill out or to make too much of a difference on normal (other then unlocking new abilities)

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You kind of need to finish Legend Mode before you really dig deep into Adventure, mostly because you have to unlock certain levels and characters, but also because you're really going to need a decent baseline of XP to tackle the middle levels onward.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I played so much Hyrule Warriors today. I cleared a bunch of the first adventure map that I hadn't, including like three or four level 3 weapons, and then I actually made some progress on the DLC. Day off well spent

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

pixaal posted:

I tried some of the adventure map and it looks like I shouldn't even worry about it until I finish the main story, but at the same time I got some nice loot and was able to advance my guys what felt like early, not that the badges seem too hard to fill out or to make too much of a difference on normal (other then unlocking new abilities)

It's worth doing enough of Adventure Mode to get some heart containers, Impa's second weapon, and Link's third weapon while you're doing Legend Mode, though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

pixaal posted:

I'm not very far but this seems like a great game in short bursts after work. Complete mindless fun when you don't want to think anymore.

It's like this until it gets hard, then it becomes an obsession in concentration in which you build a giant, color-coded spreadsheet to track your Adventure Mode progress and yell with triumph at each square you do something new in, so that you can make the numbers go up and your percent to completion get a little closer.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hey, I'm going to try out that 2-player trick, huh why isn't my gamepad turning on... weird, maybe the cable go disconnected...gently caress.

So my cat has been on a cable chewing spree, he got a 3ds charge which thankfully I had a backup for, but it looks like I might have to order a new cable online for the gamepad charger. Goddamn cat, you're lucky I love you so much.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bicyclops posted:

It's like this until it gets hard, then it becomes an obsession in concentration in which you build a giant, color-coded spreadsheet to track your Adventure Mode progress and yell with triumph at each square you do something new in, so that you can make the numbers go up and your percent to completion get a little closer.

Man I just like hitting enemies with large objects and spears :stare:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Oxyclean posted:

Hey, I'm going to try out that 2-player trick, huh why isn't my gamepad turning on... weird, maybe the cable go disconnected...gently caress.

So my cat has been on a cable chewing spree, he got a 3ds charge which thankfully I had a backup for, but it looks like I might have to order a new cable online for the gamepad charger. Goddamn cat, you're lucky I love you so much.

Get some animal training bitter spray and coat your cables in it. This worked great with my dog, I'm kind of assuming it will work with cats too, or that they make something similar. You will probably want to throw whatever you do this to into a bucket of water and let it dry for a few days after the animal stops doing this. Unless you don't mind sticky cables.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So, is there some resource to help me figure out how to trigger these hard mode Skulltulas? Like, I'm on the Twilight Realm level and I have the weapon they want (books) and I've killed over 2000 guys and I'm basically about to beat the level and no skulltula. What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So, is there some resource to help me figure out how to trigger these hard mode Skulltulas? Like, I'm on the Twilight Realm level and I have the weapon they want (books) and I've killed over 2000 guys and I'm basically about to beat the level and no skulltula. What gives?

Press start, go to "Warrior Info" and there should be a "Skulltula Info" thing there. It gives details on what you need to do. Usually it involves doing something out of order or quickly. For example, I just did the mission you're talking about this morning, and you have to kill Midna once before she makes it to Cia and retreats, and then you have to capture the bridge keep before you kill her to end the mission.

• Locked thread