Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm 80% sure that Bertoncini just ignored rfg'ing a land from his yard from Ben Glancy's DRS so he could get a Cruise out next turn he otherwise could not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Toshimo posted:

I'm 80% sure that Bertoncini just ignored rfg'ing a land from his yard from Ben Glancy's DRS so he could get a Cruise out next turn he otherwise could not.

Ahaha how is this guy not banned. It's amazing how much he continues to cheat on camera with everyone watching to see if he cheats.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chamale posted:

Ahaha how is this guy not banned. It's amazing how much he continues to cheat on camera with everyone watching to see if he cheats.

"Chat is disabled for this channel."

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Chamale posted:

I don't get this one, all I see is a person with their arms up running away from a fire.

I think it's a chastity belt :confused:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
For some irrational reason I dislike Brad Nelson and enjoy watching him lose.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

qbert posted:

For some irrational reason I dislike Brad Nelson and enjoy watching him lose.
I am in the same boat. I have no real reason for hating him except for a period a few years ago when he was a "grinder (whatever that means) and SCG would not shut up about him. Whether its true or not, it made me feel like he was one of those people that is famous solely because people keep talking about how famous he is.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Both Sligh decks are on the same side of the bracket and won the quarterfinals, so that's a guaranteed 2nd place finish for Tom Ross's deck at both SCG and GPLA this weekend.

Will this deck start to show up more, or does the personality of the average Spike Magic player mean that people will naturally be resistant to running a $60 deck (50% Eidolons in SB, 25% Stoke, 25% every other card in the deck)?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Boco_T posted:

Both Sligh decks are on the same side of the bracket and won the quarterfinals, so that's a guaranteed 2nd place finish for Tom Ross's deck at both SCG and GPLA this weekend.

Will this deck start to show up more, or does the personality of the average Spike Magic player mean that people will naturally be resistant to running a $60 deck (50% Eidolons in SB, 25% Stoke, 25% every other card in the deck)?

The deck will show up a lot more at FNMs, for sure.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Toshimo posted:

Still waiting for the vod to update to that time but I am pretty sure I saw it too.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Ban mountains

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Chamale posted:

How are accusations of cheating dealt with? I recently had an opponent tell me that my not having my hand fanned out and just stacked in front of me was "misleading", and I wondered if I should call the judge about being accused since the guy was a douche.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

How are accusations of cheating dealt with? I recently had an opponent tell me that my not having my hand fanned out and just stacked in front of me was "misleading", and I wondered if I should call the judge about being accused since the guy was a douche.

You might be overly sensitive.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Good, SARS mask lost.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wadjamaloo posted:

I am in the same boat. I have no real reason for hating him except for a period a few years ago when he was a "grinder (whatever that means) and SCG would not shut up about him. Whether its true or not, it made me feel like he was one of those people that is famous solely because people keep talking about how famous he is.

He's OK. The few times I've played him at Roanoke was fine - Todd Anderson is much worse. I just pity him because of that grinder story and how much he lost to become a real wizard.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

drat this thread moves fast.

qbert posted:

The deck will show up a lot more at FNMs, for sure.
I hope this is the case cuz I got another 20 rabble masters to trade. The player base and market has been saturated and I can't even move my coursers. :( hell, everyone's been opening Sarkhan and the stores here stopped buying him!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sickening posted:

Still waiting for the vod to update to that time but I am pretty sure I saw it too.

Confirmed, just saw the vod as it updated and yes, he purposely ignored the exile of the land for treasure cruise.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Chamale posted:

I don't get this one, all I see is a person with their arms up running away from a fire.

It's the destiny logo.

Although my dad saw it and promptly said it was a uterus.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Chill la Chill posted:

I hope this is the case cuz I got another 20 rabble masters to trade. The player base and market has been saturated and I can't even move my coursers. :( hell, everyone's been opening Sarkhan and the stores here stopped buying him!
The Tom Ross list that got 2nd at SCG and is at least 1 of the 2 lists in this Top 4 doesn't run Rabblemaster. It has 2 Hordeling Outburst.
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=74741
I'm even considering just dumping my Rabblemasters at their height right now because they'll trade into something better like a pile of fetches, but I don't know.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BizarroAzrael posted:

If they want to know how many cards are in your hand (the only info they're allowed to have about your hand when a card/effect isn't letting them look at it) they can just ask you for "Cards in hand?"

I play with my hand fanned most of the time and I still get asked that every few games. If the answer is less than 3 I tend to answer in a random language I can count to at least 3 in just because (obviously I tell them in English if they don't get it and/or ask again.). :v:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

If they want to know how many cards are in your hand (the only info they're allowed to have about your hand when a card/effect isn't letting them look at it) they can just ask you for "Cards in hand?"

I play with my hand fanned most of the time and I still get asked that every few games. If the answer is less than 3 I tend to answer in a random language I can count to at least 3 in just because (obviously I tell them in English if they don't get it and/or ask again.). :v:

At FNM this week I had an opponent ask me how many cards I had in my sideboard and then asked me to allow him to count them.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Tom has also been cheering the Sligh players along as the tournament progressed, it's kinda funny.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cernunnos posted:

I know, and I had answered a couple of times previously, so felt a bit put out when he implied I was misleading.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
The Grand Prix is in the dark, and it's not just because of Wizards' poor production values (the room lights turned off, they're slowly warming back up now)

Edit: Finals of the GP is Boss Sligh vs Green/Red Monsters

Devor fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 20, 2014

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

No Abzan or Jeskai in the GP finals. Good stuff.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Holy crap, the 18-land-red deck is blowing up this weekend.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I hope no one is watching this with headphones on :cripes:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Where can one watch the Grand Prix?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

bhsman posted:

Where can one watch the Grand Prix?

Theoretically, http://www.twitch.tv/magic

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Weird; I went there earlier and I was told it was offline.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

g/r monsters is the worst matchup for the sub sligh deck right?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

*Plays Starcraft 2 on medium settings with the Open streaming on a 2nd monitor*
No problem!
*Tries to load MTGO with the Open streaming*
Computer grinds to a halt. :thumbsup:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

KidDynamite posted:

g/r monsters is the worst matchup for the sub sligh deck right?

Abzan is worse due to Rhino having 5 toughness and access to Drown in Sorrows, as opposed to GR Monsters not having the right combination of ramp and big spells, not to mention having access to Anger might mean killing one's own Mystic Elf and Caryatid.

I think the Sligh deck can win here, but Game 1 looks fairly out of reach at this point.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Entropic posted:

Holy crap, the 18-land-red deck is blowing up this weekend.

I was testing this all day today and loved it. Built it the other day as something fun to run while I wait to collect the last Dig Through Time and the remaining Temples and Angers to finish a Jeskai aggro deck. It's a lot of fun to run. Very, very complex, lots of lines of play.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Harness by Force seems like great sideboard tech here.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Boss Sligh now 1-1 in the finals.

Someone explain the etymology of "boss sligh" to me.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
tom "the boss" ross?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Entropic posted:

Boss Sligh now 1-1 in the finals.

Someone explain the etymology of "boss sligh" to me.

Sligh comes from Paul Sligh. Boss has to come from the Boss Ross nickname.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

This is the slowest play I have ever seen in Standard. I get that Sligh is a very mathematically complex deck to play and you have to think several turns ahead to squeeze every last drop of value out of your dudes, but this is beyond what is normal.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Slow play for games on end and then slam three spells at once. :smaug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I had to leave to grab dinner around the time the Sligh player used Harness by Force on the Phoenix, and going by the 1-1 comment earlier it sounds like that led to a win, but how did Game 3 play out?

• Locked thread