Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shmee
Jun 24, 2005

I forget who suggested it in this thread, but as a solution to the constantly ejecting disk drive problem, removing (and then reattaching) the rubber foot under the eject button solved it for me this weekend. I'd tried powering the PS4 off for a bit, which didn't help, and I'd tried turning the screw before, but pulling the foot off and putting it back on helped. Thanks to whoever it was!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Is that $30 Last of Us Remastered sale still going? Was it legit?

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

second-hand smegma posted:

Is that $30 Last of Us Remastered sale still going? Was it legit?

I got a working code from it, so it was legit. Dunno if it's still going though

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

Idk I can sit on my couch and play Destiny

I do this too. But on my tv.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Fateo McMurray posted:

Sorry you only got 1 couch bro

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Fateo McMurray posted:

You sit on your tv to play Destiny? Sounds painful.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Just broke 400 deaths and I have only visited temple 4-1 like 6 times, and I am not even close to lugging this key to 4-1, from 1-1.

gently caress dark souls hard, spelunky is a whole other beast, based on some of these random traps.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

I said come in! posted:

I told you dorks not to do this.

Yep. Waste of money unless you enjoy playing all games through a YouTube compression filter. Not to say it can't be useful but I'd never call it ideal.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Vita's a great system if you're like me and can't play RPGs on a console anymore. I'm going to struggle playing Persona 5 if it doesn't hit Vita as well. I just can't do super long games without playing them in spurts.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

al-azad posted:

Vita's a great system if you're like me and can't play RPGs on a console anymore. I'm going to struggle playing Persona 5 if it doesn't hit Vita as well. I just can't do super long games without playing them in spurts.

Same here. I can't touch a rpg on a console or PC anymore, but I've played through a bunch on Vita. I'm planning on playing the majority of Persona 5 through remote play.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm a dumb idiot so I'll probably buy P5 on PS4 then get the inevitable Persona 5 Platinum on Vita the year later.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Just beat The Evil Within today. Bravo Mikami, Bravo. Can't wait to start on NG+.
poo poo, if you showed someone a screenshot of one of the last segments of the game with the rocket launcher to someone who had no knowledge of this game, I bet you they'd immediately ask if it was a Shinji Mikami game.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

al-azad posted:

This is exactly it. Vita is a really good device - especially during those times in your life when you can't play that much - due to the 'instant resume' function.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Assassins Creed Unity is going to be absolute garbage isn't it?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Leyburn posted:

It sounds like the most feature-less AC game since AC2. I can't say it'll be garbage but it's probably going to be a repeat of Watch_Dogs level of underwhelming.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I was down with the idea of Unity until they said they're taking competitive multiplayer out, so they can gently caress right off with that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

I was down with the idea of Unity until they said they're taking competitive multiplayer out, so they can gently caress right off with that.
Maybe they mean to spin that off into its own product?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
They should have stripped away all the traditional AC stuff, and made the entire seafaring portion of the game the basis for a new title.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There actually is some PS4 game coming that's pretty much a crossbreed of AC4 seafaring and regular action gameplay. It's called Raven's Cry, supposed to come out last month but it keeps getting delayed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

al-azad posted:

It sounds like the most feature-less AC game since AC2. I can't say it'll be garbage but it's probably going to be a repeat of Watch_Dogs level of underwhelming.
But AC2 was the best AC game :confused:

Unity doesn't look like much fun at all though. Then again, I haven't thought the AC series was really great since Brotherhood.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I find the setting more interesting than anything else, so a revolution france sounds awesome to run around in.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Everything about Unity sounds awesome to me and I never liked the multiplayer at all. If it's truly the AC formula improved with the mission flow and such it'll be perfect. The gameplay I've seen looks really good. No 1080p is the big negative but I can get past that, I'm sure the game will look beautiful.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I never played the MP past their second outing, did they actually get better?
The second MP was still nothing but running around like a loving fruit-loop ignoring anything related to stealth and just trying to get the aerial or smokebomb assassination.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I'm a dumb idiot so I'll probably buy P5 on PS4 then get the inevitable Persona 5 Platinum on Vita the year later.

I want Persona 3 Silver on the Vita. :(

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Quite enjoying Shadow of Mordor, but I am getting my rear end kicked by certain captains, poison totally fucks me over.

It suffers a bit from the annoying thing I always hated in AC games where about 300 enemies start coming at you at once. At one point I had like 3 captains all going for me in the same vicinity so just had to run away.

Also there was one guy called Something the Unkillable, whom I killed, but then somehow came back to life, I'm guessing this isn't a bug right?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Ularg posted:

I find the setting more interesting than anything else, so a revolution france sounds awesome to run around in.

This is how I felt about it, too, but I will wait to see how it reviews. I also don't like how Ubisoft handled the whole "900p/30fps to avoid debates" thing. They walked it back eventually, but that was still a pretty egregious thing to say, and paints them (and by extension Microsoft) in a bad light.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll pick up Unity used when it drops below a certain price point if it's worth it. All stupid poo poo aside, don't really want to support Ubisoft and their development practices. Revelations/AC3/BlackFlag/Watch Dogs were all poo poo and I'm one of the weird people who didn't like Far Cry 3 because of the same exactly repetitive formula in all Ubisoft games.

Then you have the entire ~+*can't animate female characters*+~ thing as the icing on the poo poo-cake.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Croccers posted:

I never played the MP past their second outing, did they actually get better?
The second MP was still nothing but running around like a loving fruit-loop ignoring anything related to stealth and just trying to get the aerial or smokebomb assassination.

Honestly I never played Black Flag's multiplayer because it didn't have the cool knight or the plague doctor, I just played Brotherhood to death. gently caress Revelations and their "Honorable Death" bullshit. If I counter some rear end in a top hat trying to gank me, I win and they lose not this "oh you die anyway and they get wounded" garbage. gently caress you Ubisoft.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

MZ posted:

Quite enjoying Shadow of Mordor, but I am getting my rear end kicked by certain captains, poison totally fucks me over.

It suffers a bit from the annoying thing I always hated in AC games where about 300 enemies start coming at you at once. At one point I had like 3 captains all going for me in the same vicinity so just had to run away.

Also there was one guy called Something the Unkillable, whom I killed, but then somehow came back to life, I'm guessing this isn't a bug right?

Orcs will come back unless you decapitate them which is more or less random, so yes it's a feature.

And totally don't be afraid to run away. One of the most important thing you can do in strongholds is lure orcs to flies, meat, or explosives. And unless a captain has an ability that rallies troops you can brutal stealth kill an enemy to cause most of the group to piss off.

Fight like a punk because the orcs won't fight fair.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

MZ posted:

That seems like the exact opposite of the problem AC has with combat unless they all stood around snd attacked one by one?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dammit. Turns out if you want all the stuff from the DLC pack for pre ordering, you need to enter the code first and THEN play the game. Otherwise you don't get access to at least the double barrel shotgun. Dunno about the other bolts or the green goo bonus, or the medical kit. Edit - Yea, no medical kit thing either. DAMMIT.

On the other hand, apparently the double barrel is non upgradable, but it does 50% more damage (which, seems like it should do 100% more damage since there are 2 barrels), so basically learn from my mistake. Least I only got to Chapter 5 before I realized how boned I was.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Scyron posted:

Just broke 400 deaths and I have only visited temple 4-1 like 6 times, and I am not even close to lugging this key to 4-1, from 1-1.

gently caress dark souls hard, spelunky is a whole other beast, based on some of these random traps.

I made it to hell for the first time a couple of days ago and died to a tiki trap of all things (drat climbing gloves).

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Is there a Lords of the Fallen thread yet or does everyone think its going to suck y/n

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

o.m. 94 posted:

Is there a Lords of the Fallen thread yet or does everyone think its going to suck y/n

No two ways about it, that game is gonna suuuuuck

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Everything about Unity sounds awesome to me and I never liked the multiplayer at all. If it's truly the AC formula improved with the mission flow and such it'll be perfect. The gameplay I've seen looks really good. No 1080p is the big negative but I can get past that, I'm sure the game will look beautiful.

They patched in 1080p for Black Flag post release, I'm pretty sure they'll do the same for Unity too, once all the marketing bullshit is done and dusted.

I'm like you, Unity sounds awesome to me and I never played the multiplayer either. I'm really looking forward to it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Pork Pie Hat posted:

They patched in 1080p for Black Flag post release, I'm pretty sure they'll do the same for Unity too, once all the marketing bullshit is done and dusted.

I'm like you, Unity sounds awesome to me and I never played the multiplayer either. I'm really looking forward to it.

Giant Bomb had a guy write in last week who claimed to be on the AC Unity team and was super pissed about all the assumptions about their 900/30 thing. He claimed it was only a month ago that they got the game up past 15 FPS on the PS4 or something because they're squeezing as much as they can out of both consoles.

Ubisoft would have been better not addressing the issue at all, regardless. I really don't think their deal with MS has anything to do with it: if you spend years making a game I reckon you want that game to run as well as possible on every console it's available for, and I don't see someone hobbling their game based on which brand the box is on the TV commercials.

Just saying, I wouldn't go holding your breath for that patch.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

^^^ A statement is fine, it's when they try to justify it by saying "we don't want to cause debate" followed by "games are better at 900p" is when people call them out. Ubisoft makes press releases and trailers that your dad would write.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

There was an anonymous email on Giant Bombcast from a guy who claimed to be working on the game. He said it was a struggle just to get it to 900p. I believe this is Ubisoft's first game that isn't cross-gen so I'm fully expecting technical issues galore out the gate.

e:fb

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Soul Glo posted:

... He claimed it was only a month ago that they got the game up past 15 FPS on the PS4 or something because they're squeezing as much as they can out of both consoles.
...Just saying, I wouldn't go holding your breath for that patch.

I worked in game development years ago and you'll be surprised just how close to release the performance tweaks are done. A game can run like absolute rear end right up until literally a few weeks before release.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
On the topic of alternate ways to charge your controller: I use my phone's charger which is plugged in right next to my bed so I don't have to be right up against my playstation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Leyburn posted:

• Locked thread