Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Reiley posted:

Slag was a dumb mechanic because it was an element that was useful until it actually applied to a target and then it became the least-useful gun in your inventory, like having an inventory slot dedicated to a gun that defeated its own purpose where you could just carry any of the trillion other useful guns and just shoot things to death in 2 seconds instead of one and a half.

My problem with it was that, compared to other elemental weapons which had situational bonuses and weaknesses (but still overall just good at killing things), slag was universally effective against everything. And that meant for whatever godforsaken reason, UVHM had to be built entirely around always doing it, which further discouraged burst damage in favor of sustained DPS. Goddamn I cannot talk about BL2's lovely endgame balancing without getting mad as heck.

On a positive note, I finished the first campaign run in TPS as Athena and I enjoyed it outside of a few particular parts (particularly the Tassiter quests just because of all the backtracking through the Veins of Helios area). Zipping around stabbing and bursting down enemies is hella fun. If TVHM doesn't descend into a grindy mess like BL2 did where half the skill trees become worthless, then I could see myself playing through this a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Someone figured out the Baroness's skill. Seems like she has a pet, and whenever she gets a kill, it gets healed, and it heals her when it kills something. Neato. The healing thing makes me think that it stays out for a really long time.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

wdarkk posted:

Is it possible to put purples in the grinder? I can't seem to create a valid combo.

Are you trying to use gold chest purples? They don't work.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

SunAndSpring posted:

Someone figured out the Baroness's skill. Seems like she has a pet, and whenever she gets a kill, it gets healed, and it heals her when it kills something. Neato. The healing thing makes me think that it stays out for a really long time.

It would be interesting if it was meant to stay out forever, and you suffered some sort of penalty for letting it die. But that may also be too frustrating since you'd be at the mercy of the AI making dumb decisions.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Nechronic posted:

No, mostly stuff that came from previous grinder runs.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Nechronic posted:

Unless there's a recipe, three purples doesn't work no matter where they came from. Just set loot tables to purple only and did a circuit of Concordia and nothing I stuck in there was valid.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

wdarkk posted:

Is it possible to put purples in the grinder? I can't seem to create a valid combo.

I used to try to save up 3 of a type but I don't really care anymore and just throw 3 blues in. If you spend crazy amounts of moonstones you get a tier level up 100% of the time. Pretty much always all purple guns throughout the game after I unlocked the grinder.

The raid boss was pretty drat fun, just an amped up final boss. I hope they add more raid bosses with a strategy other then shoot it dead like this one. Can the raid boss drop any special legendaries?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
You can't grind all purples. Apparently two legendaries and a purple will give you a legendary of the same type as the purple, but that's the only recipe I've heard of that uses purples at all.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I got a sweet legendary at level 11, an OZ Kit of all things. Sweet.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

The Rokstar posted:

You can't grind all purples. Apparently two legendaries and a purple will give you a legendary of the same type as the purple, but that's the only recipe I've heard of that uses purples at all.

I tried that and it didn't work either. Maybe I used the wrong type of legendaries.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

wdarkk posted:

I tried that and it didn't work either. Maybe I used the wrong type of legendaries.

Make sure the legendaries are in the top slots and the purple is at the bottom. It won't work otherwise.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Kaethela posted:

Make sure the legendaries are in the top slots and the purple is at the bottom. It won't work otherwise.

Oooooooh.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So a few things I've come across/messed with now that cheat tables and Gibbed's awesome editor are in effect.

Found both of these:

The only editing I've done is sync them to my character level, nothing to mess with the properties they had when I got them. No idea why one's E-tech colored, but it is noticeably worse. Also has a different skin, weirdly enough.

Now this one makes me wonder:

Edited this one using Gibbed obviously, but the fact that it let me luneshine it and that it looks like it's supposed to let you makes me think there's probably a grinder recipe for the uniques, too.

Also am I crazy or do legendary Oz kits just not like dropping? I've had one drop compared to the sea of everything else with the cheat tables and I'm not sure why.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I found a pink supernova too. Weird. Also the luneshine affixes are hilariously useless. Probably the only good one is the one to bypass shields and even that is pretty iffy.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 20, 2014

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

wdarkk posted:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Grinder

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Took me 31 hours to complete the game on a fairly completionist run at level 29. I'm sure a couple of hours of that were me leaving the game running but much longer than I expected it to be, especially given the complaints that it was fairly short. Probably would've been much shorter if there hadn't been so many side quests with massive amounts of backtracking.

Got a hilarious glitch starting at the area before the final boss fight where for some reason the game was acting like I had zero shield recharge time so it was continuously filling. Since I had a shield with some ridiculous recharge rate like 650, more than a 100 more than my capacity I was all but invincible. Soloed the raid boss only having to activate Athena's shield or dodge for a few of his most powerful attacks and other than that just stood still.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

ArchRanger posted:

Took me 31 hours to complete the game on a fairly completionist run at level 29. I'm sure a couple of hours of that were me leaving the game running but much longer than I expected it to be, especially given the complaints that it was fairly short. Probably would've been much shorter if there hadn't been so many side quests with massive amounts of backtracking.

Got a hilarious glitch starting at the area before the final boss fight where for some reason the game was acting like I had zero shield recharge time so it was continuously filling. Since I had a shield with some ridiculous recharge rate like 650, more than a 100 more than my capacity I was all but invincible. Soloed the raid boss only having to activate Athena's shield or dodge for a few of his most powerful attacks and other than that just stood still.

Mine did that too for Wilhelm. Maybe it's intentional

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I've seen the shield glitch happen a few times in BL2 as well, so it might be something engine related.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Claptrap is SO ADORABLE when you see him in a co-op game as one of the other (taller) characters. He's so tiny. I want to hug him.

Also he holds his rocket launcher funny.

ArchRanger posted:

Got a hilarious glitch starting at the area before the final boss fight where for some reason the game was acting like I had zero shield recharge time so it was continuously filling. Since
I had a shield with some ridiculous recharge rate like 650, more than a 100 more than my capacity I was all but invincible. Soloed the raid boss only having to activate Athena's shield or dodge for a few of his most powerful attacks and other than that just stood still.

This seems to be a very common bug, I got it too when I was working my way to the final boss.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Is anyone else having issues driving? It seems like all the jumps have a 50% chance of failure unless you completely nail it, and the level design throws a whole bunch of cliffs on otherwise level ground. I almost never died driving in BL1/2 but holy poo poo it kills me more than anything else here

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The first major jump in Serenity's Waste is probably the hardest one to make in the game because the ramps do not curve enough for the buggy to get the height it needs to reach the other side. Jumping from Serenity's Waste to the Concordia side in the moon buggy is tough, but jumping back is quite literally impossible. The vehicle physics are seriously baffling. I really like the CONTROLS for them but holy crap they've had 3 games to fine tune the physics and they still screwed it up.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Playing as nisha. Level 14 I think

Two lrgendaries so far. A shotgun and a grenade mod. Shotgun from first boss fight

Just got the gwen head gun. Twin head.

Thing eats through ammo but this with her action skill is brutal. Keeping this and doing two of same pistol could be ridiculous fun

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I had reservations about Nisha's skill trees feeling a little scattered and unfocused but picking out +gun damage skills and tons of kill skills means one kill turns her into a whirlwind of non-elemental lead, explosions and ridiculously fast reloads like she was tailor-made for Jakobs guns. The six-shooter class mod with an oz kit that adds Jakobs gun damage percent according to how much O2 you have is a fair substitute for Anarchy in this game.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

sweetroy posted:

Is anyone else having issues driving? It seems like all the jumps have a 50% chance of failure unless you completely nail it, and the level design throws a whole bunch of cliffs on otherwise level ground. I almost never died driving in BL1/2 but holy poo poo it kills me more than anything else here
Same here, I haven't died to landing in instant death zones nearly as much in the previous games as I did in this one. But I figure that's mainly because the first two games had very few death zones in the middle of the map to jump over to begin with. Usually missing a jump meant you landed in a canyon you had to drive out of to try again, instead of respawning half a map away. And indeed, Serenity's Waste was the worst in this regard, I'm glad the following zones were a bit better about it, and then the Stingray made most jumps easy.

Maybe if you're the third game in a series and can't be bothered to improve vehicles, don't go and make things worse with death pits and lower margin of error for several jumps. Like fist-sized rocks stopping you instantly, invisible walls preventing you from driving through gaps which are visibly large enough to get a vehicle through, wonky traction physics that sometimes make your vehicle turn 90 degrees as you "land", invisible geometry deflecting a vehicle just as you hit a ramp, etc. I'd expect issues like these to get better, not worse - just as I expect a game that explodes loot out of containers and bosses (now with lower gravity!) to take extra care to avoid it from falling through the floor: I keep losing drops and quest items because the game ejects them into space and through geometry, which I remember happening maybe twice in BL2 (Bunker, Warrior) but in this game I can't work my way through a single zone without it happening at least twice. Hell even enemies sometimes drop through the floor and then follow me outside of the map for a while.

And the whole "Borderlands: Detour" thing was kind of funny in the beginning, but now it's utterly annoying.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
I've been doing some late game side missions in TVHM to close the level gap between me and the enemies in the home stretch of the main story, and, uh, I've either hit a bug or nobody actually playtested To the Moon. It's the mission in the Lunar Launching Station where you have to prevent enemies attacking a cargo container on a conveyor belt. On normal, it wasn't too difficult, but in TVHM, the first enemy to fire on the container takes its health bar down into the red. I'm not sure if it's possible to finish solo.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

NuttO posted:

I've been doing some late game side missions in TVHM to close the level gap between me and the enemies in the home stretch of the main story, and, uh, I've either hit a bug or nobody actually playtested To the Moon. It's the mission in the Lunar Launching Station where you have to prevent enemies attacking a cargo container on a conveyor belt. On normal, it wasn't too difficult, but in TVHM, the first enemy to fire on the container takes its health bar down into the red. I'm not sure if it's possible to finish solo.

Yeah I noticed it too. There's other fun bugs as well making it impossible to finish tvhm without a friend.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

CJacobs posted:

The first major jump in Serenity's Waste is probably the hardest one to make in the game because the ramps do not curve enough for the buggy to get the height it needs to reach the other side. Jumping from Serenity's Waste to the Concordia side in the moon buggy is tough, but jumping back is quite literally impossible. The vehicle physics are seriously baffling. I really like the CONTROLS for them but holy crap they've had 3 games to fine tune the physics and they still screwed it up.

The ramps for that are slightly twisted, so that going in either direction you want to be on the right side so the corresponding opposing ramp side is slightly lower. It's not that the physics are borked, just that they set the jump up to be easy from either direction and then failed to make it obvious as to how.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

The best bug so far has been my maelstrom stacks getting stuck at around 250 :getin:

It eventually reset itself after a fast travel though

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
So Nisha is Mordecai 2.0? I've been playing the wrong character this whole time!

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Has anyone been able to use Nisha with kb+m? I got to level ~15 before the special became essentially unusable due to it switching about 3 times a second between every enemy

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Oh man, just unlocked the Grinder. They needed to place that and Moxxi's slots further apart, they're creating a feedback loop.

eeS.
Nov 8, 2005

STUPID AS HELL!!
Is there a list anywhere of some awesome or legendary quality weapons/equipment that I can input into this gibbed save editor?

At the moment I’m just randomly guessing what settings to use from the dozen or so dropdown menu’s and I’m only getting purple quality stuff with garbage stats/bonuses.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
http://presequelcodes.imgur.com/

Remember to sync the gear up if you aren't level 50.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
So after only finding two legendary items the whole game, and only one of them useful (the zx-1 laser dropped from general zarpedon or whatever her name is), I started up tvhm. The frist two nurse nina vending machines before I even got to concordia had these:

uh, ok, thanks!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Ahahahha what the gently caress was that ending? Who the gently caress are the new race of dudes.

The gently caress is going on?

Whatever, Athena owns.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

sweetroy posted:

Has anyone been able to use Nisha with kb+m?

You have two options: never aim in Showdown or have a very steady hand and use non-Jakobs guns. She's definitely not bad and destroys things once you edit in a Moonface shotgun, but aiming with her active is a controller-only feature.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

AHungryRobot posted:

Good news guys, there is a working CE table for item rarity. Takes a bit of work to get going but it exists at least. First, download the table here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM&usp=sharing

Stupid question(s) about changing the drop rate. I downloaded Cheat Engine 6.4, and the table above. I went in and changed the item rarity in the script per the above post, and then saved/ran the script.

Do I need to have Cheat Engine running in the background while I play Borderlands or is the script altering the actual game files?

And do I need to remain unconnected to Steam/internet or will that not effect my changes?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Spudd posted:

Ahahahha what the gently caress was that ending? Who the gently caress are the new race of dudes.

The Eridians? They've been around since BL1.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
You need to leave CheatEngine running. Load the script when you are at the main menu in-game, then just alt tab back to the game and leave it going. Steam connection doesn't seem to have any effect.

On another note, does Zarpedon's voice sound familiar to anyone? The full voice cast is not on IMDB yet, but I think it's Gina Torres (from Firefly, Serenity, Suits, other stuff ). She does voice acting in Destiny as well (which I haven't played, just saw it on IMDB) so it would make sense right? Did anyone else recognise her voice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Metrohunter posted:

The Eridians? They've been around since BL1.

This is the first time they've sat around for a chat though.

• Locked thread