Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

Syrinxx posted:

Is there any way at all to move apps and their data to an external SD in 4.4.x? I'm no linux pro but it seems like a simple move and symlink would work fine, but there don't seem to be any apps that do this.

I have a stock rooted Z2 and I just want to move comiXology to the SD card so I can download all my stuff. Honestly I don't even see what the point of having an SD slot is on your device after Kit Kat, this is really irritating.

LastInLine posted:

You're correct, that can be done although I'm sure no one's bothered to update this Gingerbread-era idea for KitKat.
As RVProfootballer mentioned, this is a trivial thing if the app chooses to utilize removable storage and it would work fine.

Maybe I'm naïve as I've never read a comic book in my life, but how much space could they possibly consume? How many could you possibly need on your phone at any one moment that the internal storage wouldn't be more than enough?

DS App2SD does this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidsail.dsapp2sd&hl=en - Lite Version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidsail.dsapp2sdpro&hl=en - Paid

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2300714 -xda

I had to use that for my Galaxy Note 8 tablet that only has 16GB of internal storage, and between running just a few games and other things I kept getting errors from the play store attempting to update apps but failing due to lack of space.

You do need an extSD card, preferably blank. I say this because you need to resize the partitions and have your original exFat partition (or however it was done originally), and then make an ext2/ext3/ext4 partition for Droidsail. I wasn't able to do it without deleting everything, so I backed it up first then tried it to be on the safe side.

To use the new partition once you have everything setup, it's slightly confusing since it's Link2SD or something like that instead of the more obvious choice. If you need more specifics I can break out the tablet to answer them if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Nintendo Kid posted:

In seriousness, they usually shouldn't take up more than like 750 KB per page and usually less than 25 mb per "book"

If you have all of Locas and Palomar, the two first-run Love and Rockets collections, you've already used a gig. It's not two comic books, but two graphic novels. Couple that with the fact that most major publishers stay 3-6 months behind on digital copies of single issues, most people reading the digital format are going to be storyline-bingers and not keeping up with the latest issues.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kaizoku posted:

If you have all of Locas and Palomar, the two first-run Love and Rockets collections, you've already used a gig. It's not two comic books, but two graphic novels. Couple that with the fact that most major publishers stay 3-6 months behind on digital copies of single issues, most people reading the digital format are going to be storyline-bingers and not keeping up with the latest issues.

Never heard of any of those things before but what you're describing as using a gigabyte seems to be over 20 years of a comic series. That's a lot of pages being fit in a gigabyte!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
For comparison, 19 pages of black and white japanese comics is usually 3-10MB depending on quality, compression, and competency.

16 color BW PNG is all you need dammit! :argh:
Oh, and there's typically 9 of those chapters in a book.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!
Out of curiousity I checked comiXology and it's using 378MB for the ten various issues I have saved on my phone right now. (24-39 full color pages each)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

So I'm right then? Even if it's taking up 3-4 GB that's more than a person could read in a month. On any modern phone with 16-32GB of storage that would be fine.

I like that the phones with SD slots only need them because their OEM and carrier bloat are so bad that the OS takes 8-10GB of space making the internal storage too cramped. "We've made horrible decisions which necessitated another horrible decision but don't worry, only the user suffers! We at Verizon and Samsung are doing great!"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Nintendo Kid posted:

Never heard of any of those things before but what you're describing as using a gigabyte seems to be over 20 years of a comic series. That's a lot of pages being fit in a gigabyte!

It's about two decades, yeah, but it's the kind of thing that people would want to have on hand in full when they're first reading through it, just trying to show you don't need to be a phone-file hoarding weirdo to start taking real amounts of space is all. Especially if the app saves to device memory, that's a huge file to put up with just cause the app has shoddy code.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kaizoku posted:

It's about two decades, yeah, but it's the kind of thing that people would want to have on hand in full when they're first reading through it, just trying to show you don't need to be a phone-file hoarding weirdo to start taking real amounts of space is all. Especially if the app saves to device memory, that's a huge file to put up with just cause the app has shoddy code.

Use a better app? I'd imagine there are a million comic apps on Android, surely one has the proper method for saving to SD on KitKat.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

LastInLine posted:

You're correct, that can be done although I'm sure no one's bothered to update this Gingerbread-era idea for KitKat.
As RVProfootballer mentioned, this is a trivial thing if the app chooses to utilize removable storage and it would work fine.

Maybe I'm naïve as I've never read a comic book in my life, but how much space could they possibly consume? How many could you possibly need on your phone at any one moment that the internal storage wouldn't be more than enough?
HD comics are 30-50Mb each. Graphic novels are maybe 100-200MB. Large books (Omnibuses) are over half a gig. Say I want to keep around 100 comics on my tablet - not a particularly huge collection considering you can usually read one book in 10-20 minutes. My brand new Z2 tablet has '16GB' which is actually 11GB of usable space. After a few games (FIFA 15 is 1.7GB alone), I'm down to say 7GB. Some bloated apps like Facebook, Chrome, OfficeSuite and their associated cached data puts me down to 5GB. At this point I barely even have room for the reasonable collection of 100 comics, let alone photos, videos, new apps or anything else. And since I buy my comics and don't steal them, I can't use a different app to read them.

I realize that being a pedantic pure-Android apologist is your thing but it's loving retarded that I can't control where my poo poo goes in Kit Kat when rooted. Even more annoying is the fact that the function used to be right there, you could just click the "Move to SD card" button that was an integrated part of Android.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Syrinxx posted:

I realize that being a pedantic pure-Android apologist is your thing but it's loving retarded that I can't control where my poo poo goes in Kit Kat when rooted. Even more annoying is the fact that the function used to be right there, you could just click the "Move to SD card" button that was an integrated part of Android.

It has nothing to do with being an apologist. The app developer could easily write to their app specific storage on the SD card, but they're choosing not to. Not letting apps randomly throw files around on your system that persist after removal is a good thing. Comixology updated their app about a week ago, they've had months to fix this issue, so if you still can't download comics to SD that's on them. Bitch at them, not the thread or Google.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

DemonMage posted:

It has nothing to do with being an apologist. The app developer could easily write to their app specific storage on the SD card, but they're choosing not to. Not letting apps randomly throw files around on your system that persist after removal is a good thing. Comixology updated their app about a week ago, they've had months to fix this issue, so if you still can't download comics to SD that's on them. Bitch at them, not the thread or Google.

Yup, this. It's really simple. Comixology can use your SD card exactly like you want, the developers just haven't done so. This would be like bitching at Apple that an iPad app was never updated with retina assets.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

I wasn't trying to be a dick, I really didn't know how much space it could take but the point still stands that it's trivial for your app of choice to support storing its data to the SD card. In fact I'd argue that if there's a use case for external storage at all, this is exactly it--storing transient media and data that isn't necessary for the app to function but is for consumption and deletion, particularly when it's of a size too large to stream.

The only place where we disagree is that I feel the old Froyo-era approach to dealing with it should be done away with in favor of app developers making use of the established protocols for using external storage while you feel that it's worth the security and usability tradeoff to keep it around. I don't think our disagreement matters as neither of us gets to make the call.

I agree that it's bullshit that the developers haven't worked to make this function properly for you as, again, this is exactly what SD cards are for.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

LastInLine posted:

I wasn't trying to be a dick, I really didn't know how much space it could take but the point still stands that it's trivial for your app of choice to support storing its data to the SD card. In fact I'd argue that if there's a use case for external storage at all, this is exactly it--storing transient media and data that isn't necessary for the app to function but is for consumption and deletion, particularly when it's of a size too large to stream.

The only place where we disagree is that I feel the old Froyo-era approach to dealing with it should be done away with in favor of app developers making use of the established protocols for using external storage while you feel that it's worth the security and usability tradeoff to keep it around. I don't think our disagreement matters as neither of us gets to make the call.

I agree that it's bullshit that the developers haven't worked to make this function properly for you as, again, this is exactly what SD cards are for.
I'd love to lean on the developers to support this standard - that you should be able to put your stuff on SD - but none, and I mean NONE, of them do it at all yet. EA, D3P, comiXology, Kindle, Dark Horse, none of them have an option to store their app data on External SD. I guess maybe Google Music might do it but mp3s aren't restricted to one app.

Anyhoo, I did eventually find a way to do this, if anyone cares. I did try uapyro's suggestion of using DS App2SD but it did not work. I poked around some more and finally found a utility that will move the actual app and/or data to a location you specify, then create the necessary links (called 'pairs' in this case) at boot. The app is called FolderMount and it can be found here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devasque.fmount

You'll notice there are a lot of reviews saying this is the only thing that worked for them in Kit Kat. It definitely was for me. Now I have 10GB of comics and counting symlinked onto a nice fast class 10 card and I am happy.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

I'd love to lean on the developers to support this standard - that you should be able to put your stuff on SD - but none, and I mean NONE, of them do it at all yet. EA, D3P, comiXology, Kindle, Dark Horse, none of them have an option to store their app data on External SD. I guess maybe Google Music might do it but mp3s aren't restricted to one app.
I think the reason you don't see any third party app developers doing this is because Samsung isn't exactly known for quickly updating devices so they don't have too many devices running their apps that also have SD slots.

Syrinxx posted:

Anyhoo, I did eventually find a way to do this, if anyone cares. I did try uapyro's suggestion of using DS App2SD but it did not work. I poked around some more and finally found a utility that will move the actual app and/or data to a location you specify, then create the necessary links (called 'pairs' in this case) at boot. The app is called FolderMount and it can be found here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devasque.fmount

You'll notice there are a lot of reviews saying this is the only thing that worked for them in Kit Kat. It definitely was for me. Now I have 10GB of comics and counting symlinked onto a nice fast class 10 card and I am happy.
I'm glad you found a solution. I was going to spend some time today (now that I had time to spend) looking into how to do this for you.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Disclaimer: I read the OP but the links seem to be outdated.

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 that T-Mobile has decided isn't meant to be updated to KitKat. Is there an easy method to root and update it? 4.2 has issues with my bluetooth keyboard and I'd like to fix that without having to shell out for a non-dinosaur router that will transmit at 5.0 ghz.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Zurui posted:

Disclaimer: I read the OP but the links seem to be outdated.

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 that T-Mobile has decided isn't meant to be updated to KitKat. Is there an easy method to root and update it? 4.2 has issues with my bluetooth keyboard and I'd like to fix that without having to shell out for a non-dinosaur router that will transmit at 5.0 ghz.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2525630

and/or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-3/general

Rlazgoth
Oct 10, 2003
I attack people at random.
I have a Samsung S4 mini running Android 4.2.2. I rooted it shortly after buying it with this method:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2364980

Now, a year later I'm looking into updating into 4.4. In my previous phone (Galaxy Ace) I was able to simply install OTA updates (losing the root in the process) and perform a new rooting procedure with no additional effort. However, this is no longer possible as rooting prevents me from installing OTA updates - which, as I understand, would not be a viable option anymore even if it were possible.

So my question is, how can I SAFELY update to 4.4 on a rooted phone? My phone isn't carrier locked. Can I just pick a random 4.4 stock firmware and install it and be done with it? If so, will I have to root again? Or do I have to use a custom ROM? I am not technically savvy in what concerns phones and most of the information I've been able to find is unclear and contradictory.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
If you made a backup then you're set to slap a new ROM on there.

Your use case is exactly why goons nowadays say don't bother rooting and flashing, and I see why now.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I just got a Moto G and - knowing very little about Android and smartphones in general, despite being fairly power-userish - I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my time to root it before I start actually customizing it.

I'm sorry for asking such a basic/generic question, but the OP is four years old and lists among the reasons to root a lot of stuff that seems to work fine on the stock ROM nowadays, such as tethering, screenshots, and so on; whereas the XDA forums are massive and seem to lack a decent introduction thread. So: what would you guys say are the best reasons / killer apps for rooting, currently? What are the features of your custom ROM of choice that you couldn't live without?

edit: also, while I'm asking 101 questions, I'll also throw this one out: if you can get the same feature from a custom ROM or from a Xposed module, are there any particular reasons to go with one over the other?

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 18, 2014

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

NihilCredo posted:

edit: also, while I'm asking 101 questions, I'll also throw this one out: if you can get the same feature from a custom ROM or from a Xposed module, are there any particular reasons to go with one over the other?
Xposed is the better choice by far since you're not replacing your entire OS just to gain one or two features.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

I just got a Moto G and - knowing very little about Android and smartphones in general, despite being fairly power-userish - I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my time to root it before I start actually customizing it.

I'm sorry for asking such a basic/generic question, but the OP is four years old and lists among the reasons to root a lot of stuff that seems to work fine on the stock ROM nowadays, such as tethering, screenshots, and so on; whereas the XDA forums are massive and seem to lack a decent introduction thread. So: what would you guys say are the best reasons / killer apps for rooting, currently? What are the features of your custom ROM of choice that you couldn't live without?

For the Moto G there isn't a lot of reason to root. One might be to change over to GPE but Moto's updates are so fast that it's not necessary and you'd lose a couple of nice Moto additions. Plus you probably have the LTE Moto G which strikes that option.

Right now the only compelling reasons for root are ad-blocking, ease of backup, and get rid of OEM bullshit. Backup is less of an issue now (and you have nothing to restore from), OEM bullshit is awful but much more livable than it used to be (and non-existent to you), so really it comes down to ad blocking. If that's worth it to you then knock yourself out.

In general I'd tell you that Xposed is better than a ROM but given that you'll be getting Lollipop in a month or so (which will completely break Xposed) you're better off just leaving it alone. After using 5.0 for a couple days I think I'd feel confident in saying that almost everything I was addressing on KitKat with Xposed/Gravity Box is better in stock Lollipop.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

LastInLine posted:

For the Moto G there isn't a lot of reason to root. One might be to change over to GPE but Moto's updates are so fast that it's not necessary and you'd lose a couple of nice Moto additions. Plus you probably have the LTE Moto G which strikes that option.

Right now the only compelling reasons for root are ad-blocking, ease of backup, and get rid of OEM bullshit. Backup is less of an issue now (and you have nothing to restore from), OEM bullshit is awful but much more livable than it used to be (and non-existent to you), so really it comes down to ad blocking. If that's worth it to you then knock yourself out.

In general I'd tell you that Xposed is better than a ROM but given that you'll be getting Lollipop in a month or so (which will completely break Xposed) you're better off just leaving it alone. After using 5.0 for a couple days I think I'd feel confident in saying that almost everything I was addressing on KitKat with Xposed/Gravity Box is better in stock Lollipop.
Thanks for the thorough answer!

Does Lollipop have the ability to configure individual permissions for installed apps? That's probably the feature that most intrigued me about custom ROMS/Xposed, but a quick googling doesn't mention anything about that in 5.0.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Here's a list of why I still like root. It's definitely not necessary but I don't want just stock android after setting up these improvements.

-Remove terrible start up and wireless charging sounds. This is probably a problem unique to the Verizon Droid Maxx
-Block ads
-Titanium Backup
-Expand notifications by default
-Show the icon of the application generating toast messages
-General UI and system changes with gravitybox
-Only let apps create a notification sound/vibration every minute
-Tap the statusbar to scroll to the top of whatever I have open
-Launch google voice recognition through swype instead of their terrible alternative
-Increase battery life by reducing how often my location is updated
-Tethering

Lollipop will break Xposed, but I believe it will be updated pretty quickly.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

Don't do it, in my opinion. When something breaks you won't know whether to blame Motorola or whatever non-stock choices you've made.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

THF13 posted:

Lollipop will break Xposed, but I believe it will be updated pretty quickly.

There was an interview with the guy behind Xposed some time ago about getting it to work under ART wich was possible so we just have to wait. I'm gonna miss gravitybox a lot.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Guillermus posted:

There was an interview with the guy behind Xposed some time ago about getting it to work under ART wich was possible so we just have to wait. I'm gonna miss gravitybox a lot.

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna hold off updating till GB is up and running on 5.0

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

THF13 posted:

-Launch google voice recognition through swype instead of their terrible alternative
Do you mean Google Now or the text dictation? Because I'm having a tough time understanding how saying "Okay, Google" anywhere in the OS or even with the screen off is a terrible alternative.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

LastInLine posted:

Do you mean Google Now or the text dictation? Because I'm having a tough time understanding how saying "Okay, Google" anywhere in the OS or even with the screen off is a terrible alternative.
Text dictation. Google's speech to text is vastly superior than Dragon's which is baked in to Swype. I like Swype marginally better than the Google keyboard since it's what I'm used to, but the dictation is a big downside.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I think I'll go stock + Xposed, it seems a popular option whereas the custom ROMs available for the Moto G 4G seem to have pretty iffy support (CM is just a nightly, for example, and they were still fixing major bugs as of a few days ago). The UI customisation from Xposed should be nice, but mostly it's adblocking and permission control that interest me.

I'm also less concerned about rooting since finding out that EU law ensures my warranty can't be blanket voided because of rooting, and that Amazon apparently tends towards a policy of "ship replacement first, ask questions later" especially in the case of hardware problems.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

From my experience, CM put more effort on phones that are far away from AOSP like Samsung or LG. Aside from my Galaxy S and S4, I've rooted/flashed a few phones from friends (after of course explain them the risks of doing that) and all work nicely with snapshots wich are currently the stable versions for Kitkat. At the other hand, most of the people complaining about bloatware and with a decent enough phone can just root and try to remove as much samsung/lg poo poo apps they can and not go any further (and use a launcher like Nova).

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Besides encryption (which is apparently a major battery drain) and keeping the address of the remote wipe service in a note in your wallet, are there any other measures you can take to make your unlocked-bootloader phone more secure in the case of theft?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

Besides encryption (which is apparently a major battery drain) and keeping the address of the remote wipe service in a note in your wallet, are there any other measures you can take to make your unlocked-bootloader phone more secure in the case of theft?
I've never heard of encryption being a major battery drain but I've also never used it simply out of convenience though with Lollipop's trusted devices feature I might.

I suppose if you're unwilling to encrypt then you could use a secure lockscreen and disable USB debugging.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NihilCredo posted:

Unless you are an international superspy I would I worry too much about this. Do you really think someone is going to fastboot a different kernel/ROM onto your phone just to get at your data? If they really wanted to they could just take the NAND out. Once someone has physical access to the device they can get your data if they want it. In reality the guy stealing your phone just wants to sell it for drug money or whatever. If it has a secure lockscreen it'll just get wiped.

The answer is actually in your post: encryption. It shouldn't have any noticeable impact on performance or battery life, at least on a modern device. Supposedly it's enabled by default on Lollipop though I'm running the latest preview image and that wasn't the case for me.

Edit: If you are an international superspy I recommend locking your bootloader.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 20, 2014

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
After running disk digger (root) on a used phone I bought, I'll always encrypt. I found lots if files and photos from the previous owner. A simple reformat doesn't remove things. Encryption renders these files secure and inaccessible to recovery programs.

Not an international spy, just a guy who doesn't want his files recoverable by the person who buys my phone later.

Edit: microSD card too. You can recover just about everything off of a used one.

hotsauce fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 20, 2014

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Tunga posted:

Unless you are an international superspy I would I worry too much about this. Do you really think someone is going to fastboot a different kernel/ROM onto your phone just to get at your data? If they really wanted to they could just take the NAND out. Once someone has physical access to the device they can get your data if they want it. In reality the guy stealing your phone just wants to sell it for drug money or whatever. If it has a secure lockscreen it'll just get wiped.

The answer is actually in your post: encryption. It shouldn't have any noticeable impact on performance or battery life, at least on a modern device. Supposedly it's enabled by default on Lollipop though I'm running the latest preview image and that wasn't the case for me.

It was automatically encrypted when I installed 5.0.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

NihilCredo posted:

You can lock the boot loader using this app. That way its locked unless you have the PIN to get into the phone and open the app to unlock it as needed. It can also reset the tamper flag if you need to RMA the phone, not that they have checked in my experience. This applies to the Nexus 5. Also leave off USB debugging unless needed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.segv11.bootunlocker

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

LastInLine posted:

I've never heard of encryption being a major battery drain but I've also never used it simply out of convenience though with Lollipop's trusted devices feature I might.

I suppose if you're unwilling to encrypt then you could use a secure lockscreen and disable USB debugging.

Do you mean secure lockscreen like pattern lockscreen? I have a pattern, not visible both on correct and wrong.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Tunga posted:

Not a superspy, which is why the reports of major battery drain from encryption (combined with its one-way nature) were enough to dissuade me out of it.

But if a thief wants to wipe my phone to sell it he's necessarily going to boot into recovery mode, and if he does that then CWM will all but invite him to snoop around. Now I don't plan to store bank passwords as .txt files or anything of the sort, but I'd also like not to have to worry too much if I have to (at least temporarily) save a sensitive document on my phone.

Though now that I think about it, I imagine brute-forcing your way past the lock screen pattern (perhaps with the help of some careful finger-grease analysis, depending on the time of day) would be an, if not more likely, certainly much more dangerous possibility, what with the unrestricted access to my Google account save for Wallet and a few other things. So the remote wipe option is going to be necessary anyway, unless I'm willing to stick to an 8-figure PIN for screen unlocking.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Honestly, if most here found a phone and didn't care about being decent, it would take all of 2 minutes rebooting and holding different button combinations to completely wipe it, or fastboot and image it, and be sellable at an automated mall kiosk.

Knowing as such I sometimes worry about not being able to put a password on the OEM boot menus.

To ensure the data, full device encryption is probably about it. I use cm's lockscreeen setting that shuffles number arrangement so even a clever person who watches me unlock my phone has no clue the pin and change that fairly regularly.

I like the concept of 'ok google dban' for police encounters, which is now possible to script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I have stopped using the Google now launcher and started just using trebuchet. The only thing I miss is being able to swipe to the right on my home screen to bring up the Google now page. Is there any exposed module that will bring that back?