Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Evilreaver posted:

• Kill Spacemans
  • Kill tanks (that are killing your spacemans)
  • Kill tanks (that are killing your tanks)
  • Kill air (that are killing your spacemans)
  • Kill air (that are killing your tanks)
  • Kill air (that are killing your air)
  • Snipe
  • Get Onto The Point

An ordered list, from "Really very important" to "Might as well not be playing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
I finished my Saron-H aurax with roughly 500 kills solo running and gunning between Friday afternoon and last night and let me tell you, gently caress Ravens.

SCREEEEEEEEE

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't know why you guys like it when I lead so much

THROW YOUR BODIES ON THE POINT

PUSH AND DO NOT STOP FOR ANYTHING

I HAVE IN PLACE MANY MEDICS BEHIND YOU, YOUR KAYDUR IS SAFE, OUR POINT IS NOT

I WILL PERSONALLY KILL ANYBODY FOUND NOT PUSHING THAT POINT

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The goal of the game is to never be on the point, but ever on the outside throwing grenades in.

Learn this and many other weird KDR tricks discovered by a DA member they don't want you to know about!

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

sitchelin posted:

TR week 2 has been rough because there are never pub engineers to feed me ammo when I'm lockdown poundering.

There was a decent amount of NC air around the other day so I pulled my Burster MAX to ruin their day then switched to Pounders for ground clean up and I had some low-level Engineer glued to my hip for almost an hour. If I got more then twenty feet away from him he'd run over and drop a fresh ammo pack for me, he never once used his gun he just had his repair tool out the entire time. He got killed no less then five times that I saw when we got swarmed but he'd just respawn and run back over. At one point I even jumped in a Sunderer driving past to try and lose him and he pulled a Flash to follow me.

Basically full Tech cammo draws a following.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Klowns posted:

There was a decent amount of NC air around the other day so I pulled my Burster MAX to ruin their day then switched to Pounders for ground clean up and I had some low-level Engineer glued to my hip for almost an hour. If I got more then twenty feet away from him he'd run over and drop a fresh ammo pack for me, he never once used his gun he just had his repair tool out the entire time. He got killed no less then five times that I saw when we got swarmed but he'd just respawn and run back over. At one point I even jumped in a Sunderer driving past to try and lose him and he pulled a Flash to follow me.

Basically full Tech cammo draws a following.

I am never not wearing tech camo.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I HAVE IN PLACE MANY MEDICS BEHIND YOU, YOUR KAYDUR IS SAFE, OUR POINT IS NOT

Revives only help liar kadur :colbert:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Cabbit posted:

If you see vaguely humanoid shimmers running around, pay them no mind. It's only your imagination.

Yes, they are only small graphical glitches and not sadistic psychopaths out to murder you with knives or guns that fire candy.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

Revives only help liar kadur :colbert:

Liar kaydur is the truest measure of kaydur, as it reflects "proximity to medics and willingness to wait for a revive" in addition to mere kills and deaths. As someone coming up on 700 hours as a medic, I think it's extremely important to emphasize this metric as The One True Metric

Recursion kaydur is a falsehood spread by proponents of the false HA-main rocket primary gods and must be stamped out with vigorous crusading. We are destined to win because we do not care if we die!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Recursion kaydur is a falsehood spread by proponents of the false HA-main rocket primary gods and must be stamped out with vigorous crusading. We are destined to win because we do not care if we die!

:ssh: Don't tell anyone but I think the reason shotguns and maxes are verboten is cause the former generally kills a person faster then they can throw their shields up and the latter is more durable then a shielded heavy :ssh:

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

kidRiot posted:

Looking for Goon help:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2jqsyr/the_best_player_in_planetside_2/

TL/DR. I'd like to form an exhaustive list of every effective role in Planetside 2 into one major sperg-post on The Mittani.

The best roles are the role-players (of the true canon sever, naturally) who engage in lore/faction appropriate /yell RP chat as :commissar: :clint: and :science: and make official forums and/or reddit drama.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

kidRiot posted:

Looking for Goon help:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2jqsyr/the_best_player_in_planetside_2/

TL/DR. I'd like to form an exhaustive list of every effective role in Planetside 2 into one major sperg-post on The Mittani.

Battle Bus driver.

Class: Engie - Flak armor, max repair tool. Anything else is optional.
Weapon: Sunderer - Racer, Fire sup, Blockade, 2 x Bulldogs (Furys also work), Horn, Lumifibre, Smoke stacks.
Style: Get 2 gunners. Almost never deploy unless it is to allow a gunner to change to engie. Honk your horn a lot. When attacking enemy vehicles drive at them at max speed and ram them - this does damage and disorientates them. Try to always be moving, being stopped is generally a bad idea. Your butt is strong, point it at the baddies. Use hit and run tactics and always have a safe place in mind that you can go to repair. Keep on honking. Drive into places SOE doesn't want you to go. When one bus dies you should instantly pull another.
Warning: you will run over a lot of friendlies and spend a lot of time weapons locked. This only stops you from repairing and has no effect on anything else that a bus driver will need.

:getin:

Edit: I forget that you must have an awesome camo. Make your bus as pretty as you can.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 20, 2014

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Periphery posted:

Battle Bus driver.

Weapon: Sunderer - Racer, Fire sup, Blockade, 2 x Bulldogs (Furys also work), Horn, Lumifibre, Smoke stacks.
Style: Get 2 gunners. Almost never deploy unless it is to allow a gunner to change to engie. Honk your horn a lot. When attacking enemy vehicles drive at them at max speed and ram them - this does damage and disorientates them. Try to always be moving, being stopped is generally a bad idea. Your butt is strong, point it at the baddies. Use hit and run tactics and always have a safe place in mind that you can go to repair. Keep on honking. Drive into places SOE doesn't want you to go. When one bus dies you should instantly pull another.
Warning: you will run over a lot of friendlies and spend a lot of time weapons locked. This only stops you from repairing and has no effect on anything else that a bus driver will need.

Does lumifiber show on kill screens? Because if it does, SOE will instantly have more of my :10bux:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Periphery posted:

Battle Bus driver.

You forgot that it should be painted yellow and called the Short Bus.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

This Reaver did a really weird physics thing. I'm gonna chalk it up to the buffed carv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mFWV_jeH9c

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AuxiliaryPatroller posted:

The best roles are the role-players (of the true canon sever, naturally) who engage in lore/faction appropriate /yell RP chat as :commissar: :clint: and :science: and make official forums and/or reddit drama.

Wait, no, this is the answer

I've found no more rewarding meta in this game than the yell chat meta, except that of leading hordes of GOONs to their deaths while we all sing Ride of the Valkyries using only the word "butt"

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Leal posted:

:ssh: Don't tell anyone but I think the reason shotguns and maxes are verboten is cause the former generally kills a person faster then they can throw their shields up and the latter is more durable then a shielded heavy :ssh:

The "sanctioned" and unsanctioned weapons just goes to show that Infantry Spergs are just as bad as Air Spergs.

Some people want this game to have one and only one effective play style, theirs ofcourse.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It's like y'all either don't understand statistics or are intentionally dense.

Well maybe not intentionally.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

dirty nub posted:

This Reaver did a really weird physics thing. I'm gonna chalk it up to the buffed carv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mFWV_jeH9c

What, but the bump and bounce before exploding? Probably just lagged, died, and then the reaver bounced before exploding.

Planes do weird stuff when its laggy, like letting the pilot die and just flying on like its nothing for a bit.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Coin toss is in

Emerald wins (undefeated in coin tosses)

Chose NC

Guys

We get to be the NC for this smash :allears:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

It's like y'all either don't understand statistics or are intentionally dense.

Well maybe not intentionally.

They'd rather overlook that MAXes aren't balanced like Infantry (they're effectively vehicles, seriously) and that shotguns being included would actually gently caress up a huge part of how things are tracked/rated.
The lengths goons go to just to bitch about something dumb.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
^^^ Reaver master race :getin:

Epic High Five posted:

Coin toss is in

Chose NC

Guys

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Synnr posted:

What, but the bump and bounce before exploding? Probably just lagged, died, and then the reaver bounced before exploding.

Planes do weird stuff when its laggy, like letting the pilot die and just flying on like its nothing for a bit.

Best one I've seen is when I opened up with a skyguard on a Galaxy and all fins on the Galaxy popped off and stayed stationary floating in the air while the body of the Galaxy kept flying on. Hits still registered shooting at the fins and I eventually got the kill and they fell down as burning debris.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Nakar posted:

The goal of the game is to never be on the point, but ever on the outside throwing grenades in.

Learn this and many other weird KDR tricks discovered by a DA member they don't want you to know about!

I saw DA actually capture a base today. Yes, I'm as shocked as you are.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Horizontal Tree posted:

They'd rather overlook that MAXes aren't balanced like Infantry (they're effectively vehicles, seriously) and that shotguns being included would actually gently caress up a huge part of how things are tracked/rated.

No it's pretty much just stuff that kills HAs that's included. Frags and the S-variants and rocket launchers aren't balanced as vehicles but they're unsanctioned. Gauss Rifle S = Hacksaw as far as it's concerned, all because of the now-pathetic UBGL.

IvI is probably the better indicator of ability to shot mans, though I'm a purist who cares FAR more about KPH than pretty much anything else. That, and the more intangible "do what I loving tell you to do" ratio

Fact is there's no one way to really measure a player in PS2, so instead people have to measure playstyles.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Evilreaver posted:

• Kill Spacemans
  • Kill tanks (that are killing your spacemans)
  • Kill tanks (that are killing your tanks)
  • Kill air (that are killing your spacemans)
  • Kill air (that are killing your tanks)
  • Kill air (that are killing your air)
  • Snipe

An ordered list, from "Really very important" to "Might as well not be playing"

Edit: The game can basically be related as a DOTA-like, with most players acting as the mobs, constantly marching on the point, and getting farmed by the few good players. Unlike DOTA where you have to carefully manage how many mobs you're killing, PS2 rewards killing as many as fast as possible, since it allows your mobs to get on the point and act as bullet sponges for when you're on point.

Whichever side is killing the enemy faster than they are spawning will win a base. The entire rest of the game is picking tools and toys to accomplish this goal.

I like this. I wasn't thinking along these lines, but this is more of a rock, paper, scissors that feels more accurate to the actual playing experience over my strict list of roles that most players hardly touch or realize they're doing anyway.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Horizontal Tree posted:

Why would shotguns screw up tracking and rating? They don't give you 1800% accuracy anymore. It isn't like SMGs aren't effectively the same range weapon either, so that can't be a thing here.

Synnr fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 20, 2014

wei
Jul 27, 2006
They still have much higher average accuracy. The Thanatos is 40%, the Solstice is 20%. SMGs are included in IVI calculations.

If you don't like the site you don't have to use it. I find the stats useful in their current form.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Epic High Five posted:

Coin toss is in

Chose NC

Guys

The one against Connery? I really hope Connery chose VS.

Because NC is the dominant faction on Connery (somehow) whilst VS is the dominant faction on Emerald. :ironicat:

wei
Jul 27, 2006
Yeah, that's the match against Connery this weekend. Anyone know how the flip went exactly? I can't find anything on Reddit. The winner usually opts to pick warpgate and not faction.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
SPM is the one true stat. Always have a Sundy down and Ammo Pack/Motion Detector/Tank Mines/A finger on the Res Nade button. Shooting people is a fun secondary activity you can engage in when not earning mad certs.

Fans fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 20, 2014

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
KPH is the One True Stat. If the aggregate KPH of your side at a base is higher than the spawn rate of the enemy team, the base is won.

If you have a F rating accuracy and Headshot rating but a M+ KPH with a weapon, you are doing good work. (Though acc/hsr inform the KPH and they won't be far apart like that)

Edit: Presuming combatants will move toward point capture areas, anyway

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Most kill with claymores - one true stat

Always be setting mines, guns are to clear a path back to the closest Sunderer or hacked terminal to get more mines.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Damage reloaded per second is still the chief gun stat though, right?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Westy543 posted:

Damage reloaded per second is still the chief gun stat though, right?

That's why Stickygrenades are the MLGest weapon right now.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Oct 20
Daily sale: M2 Mutilator / AF-23 Grinder / Cosmos VM3 (right)
Members sale: Scales Camo

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Klowns posted:

Most kill with claymores - one true stat

Always be setting mines, guns are to clear a path back to the closest Sunderer or hacked terminal to get more mines.

ABC: always be claymorin'. Seriously, they're so good. I think I'm up around 2600 claymore kills now.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
If your honks per hour isn't over 1000 you need to seriously re-evaluate how you play this game.

I really wish Higby posted the full horn stats he tweeted about awhile ago.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

kidRiot posted:

Looking for Goon help:

quote:

"No one is even close, but the closest person that can claim "best of PS2," in my opinion, is ScourgeoftheServer."

You can suck dick all you want, but you're still not getting into Future Crew. lol.
loving Boosh. Seriously though scourge is a loving above average player who just does nothing but play PS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Arghy posted:

loving Boosh. Seriously though scourge is a loving above average player who just does nothing but play PS2.

You can suck dick all you want, but you're still not getting into Future Crew. lol.

• Locked thread