Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.

Lazyfire posted:

Combat Lobster's Volgarr the Viking LP should really have more attention. Combat Lobster is putting out fun, informative videos that are pretty much perfect if you have 10-15 minutes to kill and want to watch something quick and entertaining.

Seconding this. It's an outstanding LP, well-presented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Petr posted:

Most of the videos from VoidBurger's original Silent Hill LP seem to have been taken down. Are those still available anywhere, or are they gone for good? That would be a shame.
They're on Youtube! Blip finally deleted my account, so all the links in the archive are broken. I sent baldurk an email with all the new links, but I hear he's behind schedule and busy at the moment, so it may be awhile until the links get fixed.

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013
I'm trying to find some LPs with double commentators of classic games, especially N64 era but the lparchive mostly got me subtitled LPs...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

HeartNotes3 posted:

I'm trying to find some LPs with double commentators of classic games, especially N64 era but the lparchive mostly got me subtitled LPs...

Myself and nine-gear crow did an LP that fits those criteria, but I can't link it here because it's mine, and I can't Message you because your PMs are disabled or the inbox is full or something. If you're interested, it's on LPArchive. You can shoot me a PM for the link, if you want.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HeartNotes3 posted:

It's not just self promotion, Blind Sally and nine gear crow did a fantastic LP of Shadows of the Empire. I don't know if it is possible to go into more detail about the game and universe than the LP does. It does that without managing to get boring.

http://lparchive.org/Star-Wars-Shadows-of-the-Empire/

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I would recommend the Jet Set Radio Future LP that Uznare and Couwy did but it was never archived and blip has since deleted the videos.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

It's not just self promotion, Blind Sally and nine gear crow did a fantastic LP of Shadows of the Empire. I don't know if it is possible to go into more detail about the game and universe than the LP does. It does that without managing to get boring.

http://lparchive.org/Star-Wars-Shadows-of-the-Empire/

Yeah, I'd second this 100%. BS and NGC do a great job covering this game. In depth look at all it's little quirks. Especially showing how WELL it's aged....haha. I'd also highly recommend you check out the thread, as they also broke down the "Shadows of the Empire" comic, and all it's wackiness.

Bottom line, Dash Rendar is a badass mother fucker, and has the self-image that all goons have.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Holy poo poo, it's beautiful. :aaaaa:

BMS posted:

I'd also highly recommend you check out the thread, as they also broke down the "Shadows of the Empire" comic, and all it's wackiness.

All the information breakdowns, including the various comics, pop-up books, and the one TIE Fighter update are saved on the archive. I tried to quote as much possible of relevant posts, but yeah, the thread was an awesome read. Everyone contributed awesome stuff to the LP.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

HeartNotes3 posted:

If you're looking specifically for 2 people LP's, then I've only got a few suggestions but they're all pretty good:

Megaman Legends by Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus. If you're familiar with Chip and Ironicus you should know what to expect. Chip is really knowledgeable about the game, its secrets and exploits and background and Ironicus is mostly blind and experiencing everything for the first time. They've got great chemistry and are popular for a reason.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 Medibot and My Name Is Kaz have fun with a super cute game. They're playing co-op, both really like the game and know most of the tricks and have good chemistry. This one is a little old, so audio quality isn't quite up to modern standards and you're not gonna get HD video or anything, but it's fun and cute and relaxing and good. They also did an LP of Kirby's Epic Yarn, which while not a classic game is also really good!

Every game to ever feature Sonic the Hedgehog except Super Smash Brothers Brawl by Run Button. This isn't an informative LP, hell there are probably people on these very forums who would say that it isn't an LP at all but they're funny dudes and they try to keep their production values high and they do talk about the games on occasion and it's just a whole lot of content to work through if that's what you need. Some of the early stuff is rough, this started 3 years ago when they were both barely out of their teens, but overall I think it's good and fun and there's a whole lot of it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[[Blah blah stupid drama removed]] -Geop

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013
Oh my, thanks for the quick replies. I recently lost my job when the place I worked at shut down so I'm glad I have something to absorb those hours until I can find a new one! The Star Wars one (I've never been a fan) actually looks really interesting because it's pretty much all new to me. The last LP I finished watching was the Cat Mario is Out of the Bag one with Super Mario 3D World, that one was really good, very smooth and addictive to watch.

I bookmarked the 20 years of Sonic one too, grew up with a Sega Genesis and I know the old ones but not the newer ones... that was some serious dedication there.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

HeartNotes3 posted:

Oh my, thanks for the quick replies. I recently lost my job when the place I worked at shut down so I'm glad I have something to absorb those hours until I can find a new one! The Star Wars one (I've never been a fan) actually looks really interesting because it's pretty much all new to me. The last LP I finished watching was the Cat Mario is Out of the Bag one with Super Mario 3D World, that one was really good, very smooth and addictive to watch.

I bookmarked the 20 years of Sonic one too, grew up with a Sega Genesis and I know the old ones but not the newer ones... that was some serious dedication there.

Sonic Heroes is the best one they do, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sonic Adventure too

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

HeartNotes3 posted:

The Star Wars one (I've never been a fan) actually looks really interesting because it's pretty much all new to me.

Cool! If you have any questions or concerns about Shadows or Dash Rendar, feel free to post them in one of my other LP threads. They generally all use the tag, and the Killzone thread has been good for general chit-chat.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I feel like the thread for Neighborhood Necromancer (part of the Choice Of CYOA lineup) is criminally quiet, so I wanted to inform you all that the protagonist is currently dressed as a giant duck and chasing after her skeletons who have gone rogue on Dia de los Muertos.

The skeletons are all wearing sombreros and playing trumpets despite the setting being a small town in England.

No one's quite sure how the skeletons can play the trumpet.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You forgot to mention that they've stolen a bus.

AuntJemima
Jul 22, 2007
I remember a couple years ago there was a Let's Play of RollerCoaster Tycoon, in screen shots. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Google is no help. Anyone know where I could find this? thanks!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AuntJemima posted:

I remember a couple years ago there was a Let's Play of RollerCoaster Tycoon, in screen shots. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Google is no help. Anyone know where I could find this? thanks!

This one by Control Volume?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3430034

Sadly it was never finished.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lizard Wizard pointed me in the direction of the Catwoman LP and I'm enjoying it so far! So yes, I can recommend that one.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Chrono Trigger by Caront (YouTube)

An excellent ongoing YouTube LP of Chrono Trigger. It's surprisingly very good! Caront makes some excellent commentary, teaching people about the game and giving his commentary in a fluid and calm manner. He has played through the game many times before and has watched other playthroughs as well, so he knows a lot about the game.

The LP has currently 31 parts as of this post.

I recommend checking out the first video of the playlist so you can see his enthusiasm for the game. Seriously, it's pretty good. It deserves more views.

dresq
Jan 28, 2012

So... do you have many friends who aren't involved in crime?

Big Scary Owl posted:

Chrono Trigger by Caront (YouTube)

An excellent ongoing YouTube LP of Chrono Trigger. It's surprisingly very good! Caront makes some excellent commentary, teaching people about the game and giving his commentary in a fluid and calm manner. He has played through the game many times before and has watched other playthroughs as well, so he knows a lot about the game.

The LP has currently 31 parts as of this post.

I recommend checking out the first video of the playlist so you can see his enthusiasm for the game. Seriously, it's pretty good. It deserves more views.

Usually a Youtube account with no other playlists is a bad omen for LP quality, but I will give this one a shot simply out of love for Chrono Trigger. So far this guy's voice really reminds me of psymonkey.

Lately I have had a hankering for an extremely methodical LP of a stealth game, something like an all-ghost nonlethal takedown run of DX: Human Revolution, maximum OCD and sperg. Any recommendations?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Found a guy on YouTube who's very serious about the transformative nature of Let's Plays. He often adds his own original music and dialogue and obviously puts a lot of effort into scripting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g63IzB0ZVos&list=PLNC_sRuPtMomRdD3RUxFBc_NhrKQ5gG6A

A just-completed play-through of Soul Reaver 2. The gentlemen said that since the story and voicework was the biggest draw, he dubbed over the cutscenes so he wasn't just ripping off the source. The new script is a parody (as in actual literary parody) of how despite how complex everyone's plans are that none of them make much sense. It's presented as a group of people playing the game and making comments, but might be a bit too talky for some people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVMEjDL2fbI&list=PLNC_sRuPtMonAOP46gqW9Q6E4ESFmum6d

A further transformation where the guy deleted and remade the entire audio of Mechwarrior 4. The story has moved from a succession crisis to a guerrilla group fighting against an interstellar Walmart gone mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g4NO3mGRc&list=PLNC_sRuPtMomge1bRnrtyo0bW2Mv4bR_y

Color commentary sportcaster-style on Supreme Commander, a mecha RTS.

He's made lots of other stuff, so those of you who are easily excited or of a nervous disposition should avoid looking at his other videos. :v:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

dresq posted:

Usually a Youtube account with no other playlists is a bad omen for LP quality, but I will give this one a shot simply out of love for Chrono Trigger. So far this guy's voice really reminds me of psymonkey.

Lately I have had a hankering for an extremely methodical LP of a stealth game, something like an all-ghost nonlethal takedown run of DX: Human Revolution, maximum OCD and sperg. Any recommendations?

Bobbin Threadbare did non-lethal Expert runs of the entire Thief trilogy. He doesn't aim for 100% loot counts all the time, but it's still a really in-depth look at the games. You can catch the first one here.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Thesaya posted:

I would like to reccomend DeadRodents LP of Outlast, A horror game about a journalist investigating an asylum. It is his first LP, and as such, very impressive. His tone is reminiscent of Nigguraths approach to LPing, calm and almost soothing. However, his commentary is scarcer and he takes a more personal approach, to the game, making you feel like he is as scared and freaked out as the protagonist. But calmly.

Anyway, I could try to describe it all day, but the point is, go watch this LP.

Fat Samurai posted:

DumbRodent has just finished the main run of Outlast, and he's taking a break beore tackling the DLC. His commentary is pretty low-key and unintrusive, to the point that sometimes it seems tht is the main character commenting o the situation, rather than the LPer.

Ghostwoods posted:

Seconding this. Best horror game LP I've watched to date.

axelsoar posted:

Just finished the Outlast LP, that was really great and the best take on a horror LP I have seen. Really looking forward to him finishing the DLC.

Wanted to nth these. I pretty much never watch video LPs, simply because I don't have the time to watch a full game played through (or rather, because I tell myself I don't have the time and then spend hours reading SSLPs). But this is special. DeadRodent does such an excellent job blending his own commentary into the game, and reacting to the game, that I felt at times as if it were part of the game itself. Just a really well done, professional job. 5/5 would watch again.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 12, 2014

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Added Space posted:

Found a guy on YouTube who's very serious about the transformative nature of Let's Plays. He often adds his own original music and dialogue and obviously puts a lot of effort into scripting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g63IzB0ZVos&list=PLNC_sRuPtMomRdD3RUxFBc_NhrKQ5gG6A

A just-completed play-through of Soul Reaver 2. The gentlemen said that since the story and voicework was the biggest draw, he dubbed over the cutscenes so he wasn't just ripping off the source. The new script is a parody (as in actual literary parody) of how despite how complex everyone's plans are that none of them make much sense. It's presented as a group of people playing the game and making comments, but might be a bit too talky for some people.
He's made lots of other stuff, so those of you who are easily excited or of a nervous disposition should avoid looking at his other videos. :v:

Other than that one guy with the very annoying voice, this is pretty darn good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Since Chokes McGee started an FFL2 LP recently, I'd like to recommend the first one: The Saw is Family - Let's Play The Final Fantasy Legend! Chokes takes the spartan and iffy translation of the game and extends it to A) make some sort of twisted sense out of the story and B) be pretty amusing about it.

Also fanart.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 12, 2014

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I've got kind of an unusual one - it was an LP done awhile back (years) about an AI who had to make money so it could develop methods to keep humans from realizing what it was; starting in a computer, and moving itself to server farms and warehouses as it "grew". The OP would also post MS Paint-style drawings of the "story" as it progressed - I don't think it was ever finished, but the last I recall, it ended around the time the AI had started making remote-controlled "bodies" it could pilot, and one of them was on a date with someone.

That said, my question is: was it an actual game that the OP was adding to, or just a creation out of whole cloth for our amusement? Oh, and a link to the LP would be nice as well, I suppose.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TheObserver posted:

I've got kind of an unusual one - it was an LP done awhile back (years) about an AI who had to make money so it could develop methods to keep humans from realizing what it was; starting in a computer, and moving itself to server farms and warehouses as it "grew". The OP would also post MS Paint-style drawings of the "story" as it progressed - I don't think it was ever finished, but the last I recall, it ended around the time the AI had started making remote-controlled "bodies" it could pilot, and one of them was on a date with someone.

That said, my question is: was it an actual game that the OP was adding to, or just a creation out of whole cloth for our amusement? Oh, and a link to the LP would be nice as well, I suppose.

While I do not have a link to that unfinished LP, I know what you are talking about, Endgame: Singularity. While robot people were a thing in the game, in the end they amount to just another upgrade. The game itself is rather simplistic and bare bones "story" wise, it's freeware anyways.

http://www.emhsoft.com/singularity/

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
WHOOOOOOOOOO thank you.

Found the LP, all the way back from 2008(!). Pictures are gone, alas.

TheObserver fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 12, 2014

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

TheObserver posted:

WHOOOOOOOOOO thank you.

Found the LP, all the way back from 2008(!). Pictures are gone, alas.

alas

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
At least until he got a different image host, is what I obviously meant to say.

Right, I'm done.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I believe it's been mentioned here before (can't find it with a cursory search), but TheMcD just finished his LP of Unterwegs in Düsterburg. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a hidden gem from the German RPG Maker fancircles. Also, since the game was written in German, TheMcD's translated all dialogue into English (along with the occasional :eng101: notes on various nuances).

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

NGDBSS posted:

I believe it's been mentioned here before (can't find it with a cursory search), but TheMcD just finished his LP of Unterwegs in Düsterburg. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a hidden gem from the German RPG Maker fancircles. Also, since the game was written in German, TheMcD's translated all dialogue into English (along with the occasional :eng101: notes on various nuances).

I'll second this. It's a really fantastic game that you wouldn't know about unless you speak German.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone know a Mass effect 3 LP that show of the content of the game well?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ultrafilter posted:

I'll second this. It's a really fantastic game that you wouldn't know about unless you speak German.

The writing in this game is SO GOOD. It really comes out of left field since you immediately think "RPG Maker, fly by night, blah", but the creators thought everything through very well and the game practically glows with love. TheMcD did a fantastic job showing it off too, completionist's dream. Two thumbs way up.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmollnq0cJVzlFGer4bfD1Q

Xcaliorz (Xcal for short) has been amusing me for over a year. Even when he's not deliberately trying to be funny, he's hilarious. As seen when a mountain lion ambushes him in GTA V, for the SECOND time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKFnTRF6kWI

He runs away from the cat screaming, gets hit by a car, gets back up while screaming "stay back, beast!" and kicks it to death, somehow, then unloads into it with his shotgun (after it's dead) saying "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN!"

He just finished a Dishonored blind LP where he went full-on violent and got really, REALLY into using Rat Swarm. Whenever facing someone he didn't like, he started yelling "TRIAL BY RAT SWARM!" and calling up a bunch of rats. If the guy somehow managed to survive, he'd say "Wow, I guess you passed trial by rat swarm."

Speedball fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 17, 2014

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
What is a good Demon's Souls LP?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Herr Tog posted:

What is a good Demon's Souls LP?
Squint did a good completionist LP of it: http://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls/

And wanderingnewbie did a good coop LP with his bud which is a little bit more laid back: http://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls-(by-TheWanderingNewbie)/

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Has anyone done a Super Robot Wars LP that included the Evangelion, well, Evas?

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Niggurath posted:

Squint did a good completionist LP of it: http://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls/

And wanderingnewbie did a good coop LP with his bud which is a little bit more laid back: http://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls-(by-TheWanderingNewbie)/

Adding to this, BottledBodhisvata's ongoing LP of Demon's Souls has a bit of a twist; Not only is he going into detail about the history of weapon and armour types (Much akin to Geop's Let's History in the Assassin Creed games, or KalonZombie's greek history and mythology in the ongoing God of War LP), but he's taking thread votes for what weapon he uses, and where to explore next.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Sel Nar posted:

Adding to this, BottledBodhisvata's ongoing LP of Demon's Souls has a bit of a twist; Not only is he going into detail about the history of weapon and armour types (Much akin to Geop's Let's History in the Assassin Creed games, or KalonZombie's greek history and mythology in the ongoing God of War LP), but he's taking thread votes for what weapon he uses, and where to explore next.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669865
Yeah, forgot to mention that there are a couple of interesting Demon's Souls LP's going on right now, like Dooky Dingo's LP of it and I think Angrymog's beginner's guide to the game (though I'm at a loss to find the threads).