Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cheston posted:

The final missions in the Issue 5/6/7 chains each give you a blue signet bag and are repeatable. You can run past all but one of the enemies in Issue 5's, and a lot of the enemies in 6's. These are literally ten times more rewarding than green signet bag missions, so if you're looking for something daily to do, I recommend that.

The 5/6/7 missions have something like a 72-hour lockout timer, so you can't do them daily. :(

I'm doing them whenever I can, so that I can sell the signets at auction to try to get enough money for augments before I cap out on skill points. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

The 5/6/7 missions have something like a 72-hour lockout timer, so you can't do them daily. :(

I'm doing them whenever I can, so that I can sell the signets at auction to try to get enough money for augments before I cap out on skill points. :(

Cheston has enough alts he probably has the timers set to do it daily.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

Don't do issue 8. It's bad. Cheston is literally the only person that likes them.

This is true.

Len posted:

Cheston has enough alts he probably has the timers set to do it daily.

I have two alts and I did it for four months :(

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Maybe Plat was thinking of Rhan :haw:

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I do issues 5 and 7 as often as possible for signets and SP. They are pretty easy and I've made 10x more credits than I ever made grinding nightmare mobs for signets. I probably should include the last mission from 6 in that rotation, but I don't really like it.

I probably should grind more Tokyo missions so I can actually upgrade my controllers at some point. But 25 tokens per level, times 10 levels and 6 controllers is a lot of grinding... unless there's an easier way that I'm too dumb to figure out.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cheston posted:

This is true.

I have two alts and I did it for four months :(

I was the one with 8 characters that could run Tyler freeborn.

Yes it was a dark phase of my life, but I'm much better now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TracerM17 posted:

I probably should grind more Tokyo missions so I can actually upgrade my controllers at some point. But 25 tokens per level, times 10 levels and 6 controllers is a lot of grinding... unless there's an easier way that I'm too dumb to figure out.

I should do this and also finish off the last mission in both mission packs. But the bank heist is hard, and I'm terrified of another tower defense mission. :(

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Len posted:

Don't do issue 8. It's bad. Cheston is literally the only person that likes them.

What's the best way to get augments without #8?

edit: Also, do you always have to do the entire series of quests from each issue or can you just skip to the last one for the signets?

revenance fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 21, 2014

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

I should do this and also finish off the last mission in both mission packs. But the bank heist is hard, and I'm terrified of another tower defense mission. :(

I hear you. I haven't done the bank heist yet. I've heard it's worse than the jumping puzzle mission in the carpathian fangs. I never completed that.

The first tower defense mission wasn't that bad. The 2nd one was a huge pain that I almost gave up on before having the eureka moment.

revenance posted:

edit: Also, do you always have to do the entire series of quests from each issue or can you just skip to the last one for the signets?

I don't know about Augments. I got the basic ones for each group and gave up. They don't seem all that worth while.

Regarding the missions, I know you can just do the final mission of #6 since I did that accidentally. Not sure about #5. But I read somewhere (can't remember where so I may be full of poo poo) that you cannot do that for #7.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 21, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

revenance posted:

From my anecdotal evidence the auction house. You go there with no augments and leave with augments. Compared to the scenarios where you enter and then depending on the RNG might leave with augments.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Issue 8 is the worst issue, I really hate to do scenario in solo, doing it in a group on voice chat is quite fun however.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I open this thread every few months thinking "Maybe it's time for me to try this game." and then I read the thread a bit too much and my enthusiasm evaporates.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

revenance posted:

After the first time through, you can just do the last mission.

Captain Candiru posted:

I open this thread every few months thinking "Maybe it's time for me to try this game." and then I read the thread a bit too much and my enthusiasm evaporates.

Wait ten years for it to be remade as a singleplayer RPG and released to wild critical acclaim.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Captain Candiru posted:

It's really good if you pretend it's not an MMO.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

guppy posted:

It's really good if you pretend it's not an MMO.

Treat it like a single player game with some co-op for group content and you're all set.

I guess the Halloween content drops soon, it's going to be the old stuff plus a new mission line. Should be somewhat interesting I guess.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Well drop me a trial invite.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 22, 2014

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Captain Candiru posted:

Well drop me a trial invite.

rorican@gmail.com

Invite dropped.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Hey, since the Goon presence in this game died is there any recommended channel for getting people together for a dungeon? 'Cause I'm gonna do Polaris soon and I need a group.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mcclay posted:

Hey, since the Goon presence in this game died is there any recommended channel for getting people together for a dungeon? 'Cause I'm gonna do Polaris soon and I need a group.

You want #noobmares and possibly also #sanctuary.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

prefect posted:

You want #noobmares and possibly also #sanctuary.
Isn't #noobmares only for people who want to/can do Nightmare mode dungeons? I'm nowhere near that point yet.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
If you want to do Normal dungeons, probably try General chat in the appropriate zone.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Daemon Polaris is hella empty though.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Not Polaris, Kingsmouth. General chat doesn't care about which server you're on, as far as I recall.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

HughGRect posted:

Invite dropped.
Apparently that buddy invite/trial thing doesn't work cause nothing ever came.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Captain Candiru posted:

Apparently that buddy invite/trial thing doesn't work cause nothing ever came.
Try this code: TXELEEASRXYXW8T5G9RB

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Download is taking forever but I think the code worked. Had me make another TSW specific account.

One more question before I start playing: do I still get a dragon lady to go down on me if I pick the right faction?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Candiru posted:

Download is taking forever but I think the code worked. Had me make another TSW specific account.

One more question before I start playing: do I still get a dragon lady to go down on me if I pick the right faction?

No, that happens if you pick the wrong faction.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

quote:

Hi guys,
The GD letter said that the date Halloween would start is the 20th. Turns out that was a bit too aggressive and we are pushing the start date back. I'll provide more details (in this thread/post) when I have the new date - obviously it will be before Halloween but we need a few days to cycle through feedback.

The plan is still to have the event running for the same length of time, so while the time before Halloween is shortened, the time after will be extended.

Apologies for the delay (and I should know better than to provide dates. I just should!)

They finally did it. They made an event so broken it couldn't even go live.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

Those maniacs!

Seriously though, that must be miles past any mortal comprehension of "hosed". :v:

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Len posted:

I"m predicting:
Issue #10 -Holiday Event pack $24.99

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
At least they're not Wildstar which had to cancel the xmas event.

But it's still funcompetence as heck.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
So this game didn't turn out to be that bad. It's at least the initial box price.

Although I think it was a mistake to pick an RP server since it seems like a ghost town so far. No amusing conversations to interrupt or screenshot when all that's there in all of Kingsford is the zombies and me.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 25, 2014

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Zone chat is global - if you see people like [Name*] that means they're not playing on your server but you can still chat with them, and if you get invited by someone on another server/in another instance you'll get the option to join their instance.

The fact no one is talking probably has more to do with not many players being left in those zones :(

orcane fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 25, 2014

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Captain Candiru posted:

Although I think it was a mistake to pick an RP server since it seems like a ghost town so far. No amusing conversations to interrupt or screenshot when all that's there in all of Kingsford is the zombies and me.

One of my greatest regrets in this game is asking Len to hurry up and come raid that one time instead of continuing to jump around a large RP wedding in a horsehead and speedo and /graffitiing the bride.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Oct 25, 2014

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
Speaking of RPers, I actually saw some using the Albion Theatre for its intended purpose a few weeks back. They were advertising in Tokyo General chat for people to see their play and I needed to get to the Auction House so I met up with them. I didn't stick around for the performance so I have no idea what it was, but I'm sure it could have been improved with a horse in a speedo.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Zephonith posted:

I didn't stick around for the performance so I have no idea what it was, but I'm sure it could have been improved with a horse in a speedo.

Y'know, I think this also happened, sometime just after the Albion was patched in. You can't make the lights strobe, but you can get close.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

One of my greatest regrets in this game is asking Len to hurry up and come raid that one time instead of continuing to jump around a large RP wedding in a horsehead and speedo and /graffitiing the bride.

It was a unicorn head! I know this because I was whispering the bride and saying the groom was very lucky since she could see me!

flea
Oct 8, 2000

Cheston posted:

I never cared much for playing dress up in games, but as soon as I realized I can be a unicorn in a blue speedo with pink bunny slippers and a pink bow tie, I got out the credit card. It got me an invite to a guild too, the only reason I've logged in in recent memory is to loot their bank every couple days. I have no idea why they haven't removed me yet.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
I'm trying to make sense of this augment guide:

http://unfair.co/gaming/the-secret-world/the-secret-world-augment-guide/

I just harmonized 2 level 1 green attuned resonators. Lots of dumb questions:

Does this mean if I wanted to get a level 2 version, I have to buy yet another 2 level 1s to merge into 1 level 2?

Does this mean all the AP i spent harmonizing the first 2 are gone forever, or do they factor that into the cost as I harmonize the higher ones?

How do rarity colors play into this? Are there purple level 1 resonators? Do colors correspond to a level?

It seems like you're forced to run scenarios if you want to use augments since you need scenario currency to level the resonators up. Any other way to get them if issue #8 is A Terrible Thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Disclaimer: my answers are probably wrong, because I'm trying to figure this out myself. But maybe someone will correct me when I say something dumb.

revenance posted:

Does this mean if I wanted to get a level 2 version, I have to buy yet another 2 level 1s to merge into 1 level 2?

Yes, using an augment amplifier kit QL2. Eventually, you will need five of them and a QL5 kit.

revenance posted:

Does this mean all the AP i spent harmonizing the first 2 are gone forever, or do they factor that into the cost as I harmonize the higher ones?

Gone, like dust in the wind.

revenance posted:

How do rarity colors play into this? Are there purple level 1 resonators? Do colors correspond to a level?

I believe colors and rarity go along with the augment slots -- the first augment skill in each of the four categories ("accurate" for DPS) is the only green one. Then the next few are blue, and past that you get purples and even yellows -- hang out in Agartha for a while, and you'll see people offering to buy/sell them for many millions of paxbux. You can get unattuned augments (mostly blues) in the auction house (attuned ones for sale are uncommon), and you'll need to combine the unattuned augment with a few green augments, about 60 pure somethings (dust for healing skills; other categories use combinations of runes, and one uses fire), and a kit the name of which I forget. That kit will cost about a half-million bucks, give or take.

revenance posted:

It seems like you're forced to run scenarios if you want to use augments since you need scenario currency to level the resonators up. Any other way to get them if issue #8 is A Terrible Thing?

Augment amplifier kits run about a million bucks per QL in the auction house. I just bought a QL4 one earlier today, and paid 3.999999 million for it.

prefect fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 26, 2014

• Locked thread