Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I would be surprised if there weren't already a dozen flash games on Newgrounds made by angsty teenagers ten years ago that are this exact thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ensign Expendable posted:

I would be surprised if there weren't already a dozen flash games on Newgrounds made by angsty teenagers ten years ago that are this exact thing.

There's already peak edginess in the form of a Columbine shooting simulator.

http://www.columbinegame.com/

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

I wanna buy you a beer.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Dienes posted:

There's already peak edginess in the form of a Columbine shooting simulator.

http://www.columbinegame.com/

Ugh, It's made in RPGmaker. Not even a doom clone.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I honestly thought Hatred couldn't be anything but satirical in intent as soon as that ridiculous voiceover started in the trailer.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

My Lovely Horse posted:

I honestly thought Hatred couldn't be anything but satirical in intent as soon as that ridiculous voiceover started in the trailer.

"""""Satire"""""

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tracula posted:

"""""Satire"""""

Quotation marks the size of Stonehenge blocks.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/whites-riot-over-pumpkins-in-nh-and-twitter-turns-it-into-epic-lesson-about-ferguson/

There are some pretty awesome tweets in there parodying the racist things people said about riots in Ferguson, MO

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

canyoneer posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/whites-riot-over-pumpkins-in-nh-and-twitter-turns-it-into-epic-lesson-about-ferguson/

There are some pretty awesome tweets in there parodying the racist things people said about riots in Ferguson, MO

This would be much better satire if anyone was seriously suggesting that the Pumpkin Riots were the result of years of anti-yuppie oppression.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

This is a loving quality post

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Yes, its me. I am the idiot. I remember something like this earlier in this thread. Then someone made a good point why nasty stuff should be punishable. But I cant remember any more what it was. What law are they breaking again?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Stolen from the tumblr thread so that I can show you the top comment.
A crow learned how to say "gently caress you" :tinfoil:

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Whatever buddy, crows are super confrontational. :colbert:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bananaquiter posted:

Whatever buddy, crows are super confrontational. :colbert:

Sounds like someone's been drinking fluoridated water

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Bored posted:

A crow learned how to say "gently caress you" :tinfoil:

Link that guy this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt-pB1R64mI

Crows are very confrontational.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

nucleicmaxid posted:

Crows are very confrontational.

WORLD STAR HIP HOP! WORLD STAR HIP HOP! WORLD STAR HIP HOP!

that's all I hear it say

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thatim posted:

Yes, its me. I am the idiot. I remember something like this earlier in this thread. Then someone made a good point why nasty stuff should be punishable. But I cant remember any more what it was. What law are they breaking again?

These cartoons are shown to children to normalize it for them and groom them.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yo.

No cheese- I ordered a HAMburger for a reason. Not a CHEESEburger- no onions ketchup, mustard and saltless fries- so I get a fresh batch.

dumbest thing i have read in this whole thread

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It`s October. gently caress off.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Bubba the naughty stripper" is no way to talk about our Savior.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

We started getting Christmas stuff in in September at my work. :smithicide:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
What is redneck your elf name? :confused:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Picnic Princess posted:

I had someone tell me once that it was the NSA that was behind these things - they would monitor the responses and solve it backwards so they could get info like your birthday, middle name, mother's maiden name, place of birth, etc.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I got Moon Moon the Wino.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Judd the Frosty Line Dancer is mine, and also a good name too.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

gradenko_2000 posted:

I had someone tell me once that it was the NSA that was behind these things - they would monitor the responses and solve it backwards so they could get info like your birthday, middle name, mother's maiden name, place of birth, etc.

NSA engaging in convoluted practices to gather information that is a matter of public record?

Actually sounds almost believable, tbh

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Judge Tesla posted:

Judd the Frosty Line Dancer is mine, and also a good name too.

I mean, Betty Lou the Jingling Wino is pretty fun, but still. December for December holidays please.

Oops, I mean Christmas. :rolleyes:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
All those people who sneer at sales clerks when they say "Happy Holidays" and launch into diatribes about the "War on Christmas"?

THIS is what they're fighting for :fsmug:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

They fight for my right to be Betty Lou Line Dancer.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if these things are just a clever way to slowly get someone's private info.

You post this poo poo on a moderately popular public page and wait for people to fill in all the data you want. The Redneck Elf Name here just gave someone your birthday and last initial. Then you can ask poo poo about their address like "What was the last street you lived on? If it was Jefferson St. then your centaur credit rating is 750!", I wouldn't be surprised if some people would be dumb enough to give away their social security number, piece by piece, if you spaced it out with a new question every 4 months or something. Each time you just as for the next number in the series, and since it's "just one number" people won't give a poo poo. But they forget the previous 8 they already told you over the course of the couple of years. It's not worth it for 1 number, but you could farm thousands if you managed to be careful and do it on a prominent public page.

It's way too early and I'm getting paranoid. :derp:

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Nutmeg the sugar plummed welfare mama

I can't wait to tell all the ladies in accounts receivable today! We are going to have some hearty laughs.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can we make it probatable to post those things? Because literally every time it happens all the goons who are supposed to be making fun of it are like "lol I got [blank] the [blank]."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Can we make it probatable to post those things? Because literally every time it happens all the goons who are supposed to be making fun of it are like "lol I got [blank] the [blank]."

At least for this instance, it wasn't about "lol this quiz is so stupid" but rather that people are sending out Christmas-themed forwards in the middle of October.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

A game dev got frustrated that Steam, while promoting his game prominently, listed it as Early Access instead of a fully released game. His method of addressing this was to threaten to kill Gabe Newell, the owner of Steam/Valve, over Twitter.

Steam pulled his game and is refusing to work with him anymore, which essentially ends his career as a game dev.

http://kotaku.com/indie-dev-threatens-gabe-newell-has-game-removed-from-1648678869

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He's just trying to improve gaming journalism. What's the problem?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Teddybear posted:

A game dev got frustrated that Steam, while promoting his game prominently, listed it as Early Access instead of a fully released game. His method of addressing this was to threaten to kill Gabe Newell, the owner of Steam/Valve, over Twitter.

Steam pulled his game and is refusing to work with him anymore, which essentially ends his career as a game dev.

http://kotaku.com/indie-dev-threatens-gabe-newell-has-game-removed-from-1648678869

I'm sure there are even more stupid comments, but these are the top 3. I love how they say,"Ah, it's an empty threat. Valve is just being a bunch of big babies." Yeah, real professional of that guy and, regardless of if it's an empty threat, it makes sense that no one would want to work with someone who threatens to kill someone because his game was miscategorized. I'm trying to think of any other industry where someone wouldn't say on reading that, "I don't think I want to work with that guy. He's a giant douchebag. Let's not work with him anymore."

Edit: Oh, hey. Most people are saying pretty much what I said. I'm having trouble understanding the bottom comment on this one. Is he saying that he wants to understand what the guy's point of view is because he deserves respect for being a human being? Because that's kind of stupid in this situation.

Bored has a new favorite as of 15:38 on Oct 21, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My mom's crazy friend shared this classic.

I love that a generation contains 40 years worth of people now. Also the image comments are filled with people destroying it.

quote:

I was born in 1991. I spent summer days playing outside and camping with my friends. I played video games that are considered high forms of art. I also recorded using cassette tapes, but spent time teaching myself how to record in ways to get higher quality music. I walked over many miles without fear of getting taken, but considering the people doing the taking are of the generations mentioned in the post, I'd say its their fault. To program a VCR is replaced by programming other forms of technology. We are the generation of the greatest disney movies ever made, oft referred to as the Disney Renaissance, from 1989 - 2000. But we didn't make those, so we don't take credit. Just like how people shouldn't take credit for watching tom and jerry...you didn't make it, calm down. You travelled in cars with out seat belts, because t hat's relevant. Your generation, now in control, is the reason we NEED cell phones. Just because we have access to flat screen TVs doesn't make your TVs any better or worse, im sure we use them for the same purpose - wasting time. Your generations are the ones that MADE facebook, Twitter, computers, and the internet, so thanks for that.

I know its weird, but I'm proud of my generation.
283 likes.

quote:

This kind of made me chuckle because I was an early 90s kid and I did most of these. The laughter comes from the fact that if you were 70s or earlier...your generation is the one raising the current generation of kids who apparently "need technology" kick the kids out until the street lights come on for Christ sakes. Let them live the way we all did...it was a great way to live. It taught responsibility and more important common sense!!
79 likes.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Henchman of Santa posted:

My mom's crazy friend shared this classic.

I love that a generation contains 40 years worth of people now. Also the image comments are filled with people destroying it.

283 likes.

79 likes.

I have seen the ones where it includes the 90's as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Teddybear posted:

Ha ha ha ha ha hoh man, it's the Paranautical Activity guy. :allears: For those who don't know this dude was already on thin ice with Valve before for running his mouth off.
Basically he put his game on Steam Greenlight then when it wasn't getting greenlit fast enough he found a publisher (I believe Adult Swim) who can fast-track him to the Steam store. Valve then shut him down and told him because he started out on Greenlight he needs to get through via Greenlight basically because they don't want predatory publishers to treat Greenlight as a menu of delicious, desperate indie devs. Paranautical Activity guy then blows a fuse and spouts off publicly about how Valve is the worst company ever, Greenlight is stupid, how he'll never get on steam because he's ignored his Greenlight page for a couple months, etc. etc.

This incident is just icing on the drama cake.

• Locked thread