Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I never played any of the Borderlands DLC, what happened in General Knoxx and Claptrap's Robot Revolution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's official, this game hates me. I went through the entire game and all optional content and didn't see one single legendary item. I even beat the raid boss on my own (Pretty fun fight when solo by the way... Probably would've been harder were I not playing as Athena and thus immortal about half the time) and nothing.

Try farming vendors. I saw a hammer buster and a mongol in like 10 reloads as items of the day. Good luck affording them though!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BexGu posted:

I never played any of the Borderlands DLC, what happened in General Knoxx and Claptrap's Robot Revolution?

I got clinical depression from playing Claptrap's Robot Revolution.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
What is the best weapon type for Elemental Athena? I can't seem to find a shock shotgun to save my life, so I assume I should try for either shock lasers or shock SMGs?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I feel like the fragmented frag trap tree was a good idea, but in TVHM it just gimps you too much. With 4 weapon slots and 6 weapon types + 2 non weapon subroutines. Your damage is going to be gimped 50% of the time on average.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Artificial Idiocy posted:

On another note, does Zarpedon's voice sound familiar to anyone? The full voice cast is not on IMDB yet, but I think it's Gina Torres (from Firefly, Serenity, Suits, other stuff ). She does voice acting in Destiny as well (which I haven't played, just saw it on IMDB) so it would make sense right? Did anyone else recognise her voice?
The credits says Zarpedon is voiced by Constance Jones.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

What is the best weapon type for Elemental Athena? I can't seem to find a shock shotgun to save my life, so I assume I should try for either shock lasers or shock SMGs?

Seems like anything lightning a fast fire rate would be best for building Maelstrom stacks quickly. That said, I've been getting good results switching between one of those split beam lasers doing fire damage and a lightning pistol. Lightning is probably slightly better because you don't get the DoT from fire weapons when you're out on the moon's surface, and because lightning damage procs conduit.

Also, shock damage oz kits and the Tediore guns that shock people when you throw them seem pretty awesome for building Maelstrom stacks and activating Conduit.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I like shock weapons just because there are way way way more shields than in BL2, and they seem to be tougher on average.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
More shields but less armored enemies.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I feel like incendiary weapons aren't really worth it in this game, because they only apply their effect in oxygenated environments. The other elements don't have that restriction and all seem better, especially Cryo, holy poo poo.

Unfortunately, my first legendary, the Cat O' Nine Tails laser rifle, is an incendiary weapon that looks fun to use.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
OK so I futzed with the Loot table that AHungryRobot Linked and decided it was too complicated and annoying, so I took the salient points from that one and threw them into the old loot table file for BL2.

Result: TPS Loot table file with a lot easier access and the "Sensible" preset I made for BL2 alreaady loaded. Grab it here. This also has the dumb CE 6.2 check removed so you can use the newer versions with no hassle.

Credit to whoever made the original, I forget.

You can just run that file direct, once TPS is loaded. Click the Item/Rarity checkbox then the presets one and choose a preset, or modify the numbers manually. I'm not sure if the "Drops" section at the bottom works any more, might be broken.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 20, 2014

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

I'm still on my first playthrough but I'm having great results with the Moxxi laser you get before retaking Helios. I don't know what other variations there are but I got the continuous beam variety that creates chain lightning that zaps nearby targets. It's great at building Maelstrom stacks and heals you but I think it could be irritating to use on a Xbox controller. :dong: I wouldn't know since I'm using a keyboard and mouse.

I also have a continuous beam fire laser which also works well in when I'm in an atmosphere which is also great at building stacks.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

gibbed posted:

The credits says Zarpedon is voiced by Constance Jones.

Ah thanks.

Zero VGS posted:

I've been using shock lasers and shock SMG's. Shock definitely seems to be the best element for her since all her abilities work with it, and as people have said, there is an abundance of shielded enemies. Plus having shock on 2 weapons allows you to switch to chain proc her elemental effect chance bonus. I've been using a cryo rocket launcher with -weapon putdown time as well, which I think is more effective at freezing because it's based on dealing a certain amount of freeze damage at once (I believe).

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
On elemental athena you want very quick firing shock/fire weapons. The moxxi laser is basically the best thing you'll find for about 8 levels. It is absurdly good - combined with the various free maelstrom stack abilities you will easily be sitting at 300+ in multitarget fights. Mostly these will be laser weapons - but occasionally you'll find a good smg or something. Elemental launchers are good for popping larger enemies once you have the stacks up. You will want a lightning oz kit.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SurrealityCheck posted:

On elemental athena you want very quick firing shock/fire weapons. The moxxi laser is basically the best thing you'll find for about 8 levels. It is absurdly good - combined with the various free maelstrom stack abilities you will easily be sitting at 300+ in multitarget fights. Mostly these will be laser weapons - but occasionally you'll find a good smg or something. Elemental launchers are good for popping larger enemies once you have the stacks up. You will want a lightning oz kit.

Man I just got that Moxxi laser. I should respec into elemental :ohdear:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Gibbed, the editor works really well so far. Thanks again for all the tireless effort you spend on these applications!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
So, I wrapped up the normal campaign last night with Nisha. I got a bug late in the game where my absorbing shield somehow got its absorb rate set to 100%, making Nisha nigh-invulnerable - the only things that could hurt her was damage high enough to pass her shields or attacks that damaged her faster than the shield could absorb (like a certain boss' acid vomit). Even death didn't overcome the bug, so I went through and finished off the raid boss while I was still "blessed". The raid boss could do enough damage to take me down with certain attacks, but there was always a guardian around for me to revive with. Restarting the game afterwards, though, got the bug to clear.

Anybody know what causes this bug? I feel like I saw it at some point in BL2, too, but it's been so long that I could be wrong.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So, I wrapped up the normal campaign last night with Nisha. I got a bug late in the game where my absorbing shield somehow got its absorb rate set to 100%, making Nisha nigh-invulnerable - the only things that could hurt her was damage high enough to pass her shields or attacks that damaged her faster than the shield could absorb (like a certain boss' acid vomit). Even death didn't overcome the bug, so I went through and finished off the raid boss while I was still "blessed". The raid boss could do enough damage to take me down with certain attacks, but there was always a guardian around for me to revive with. Restarting the game afterwards, though, got the bug to clear.

Anybody know what causes this bug? I feel like I saw it at some point in BL2, too, but it's been so long that I could be wrong.

Considering that almost everyone seems to get it I think it's a feature. It's a bug when it doesn't happen.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Shardix posted:

http://presequelcodes.imgur.com/

Remember to sync the gear up if you aren't level 50.

:stare: How do you get this pistol and what's the catch/lie about it?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Slickdrac posted:

It doesn't love you.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Slickdrac posted:

Thats pretty awesome.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Slickdrac posted:

If it's the same as in BL2, there are ways to deal huge damage with it, but not easily. Probably the best variant was the one where shots bounced off walls, and bounce shots had a huge damage bonus- you could take down Warrior in BL2 real quick by shooting at the ground for a bit.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

BexGu posted:

In general knoxx you fight your way through atlas mooks while the general let's you know just how tired of everything he is. It's not bad.

Robot Revolution was the grindiest grind fest ever.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also, for those who care about that kind of thing, Claptrap's Robot Revolution is non-canon.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Is there a save game with all the skin and heads floating around yet?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alain Post posted:

Also, for those who care about that kind of thing, Claptrap's Robot Revolution is non-canon.

It is canon, actually, Claptrap talks about it in this game.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 20, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Robot Revolution also had the annoyance of "Boy, I hope you think this Claptrap joke is funny, because mooks are going to force you to listen to it a thousand times! It gets funnier, right?"

Alain Post posted:

Is there official word on that? Both Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel reference it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ColHannibal posted:

Is there a save game with all the skin and heads floating around yet?

Use the profile editor for them, it's one click.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

8one6 posted:

In general knoxx you fight your way through atlas mooks while the general let's you know just how tired of everything he is. It's not bad.

Robot Revolution was the grindiest grind fest ever.

Knoxx was awesome and not just because it raised the level cap on BL1 to 61, but it gave the player access to Knoxx's vault which in true gearbox fashion was easy to get into a million times and not just the once twice for the mission. Crawmerax was decently easy once you figured out the ledges where that you can hide on. And the new rarity guns were nice to collect as well. Some of the lance soldiers were bullet sponges (especially the acid resistant ones) and Mr Shank could be a tough fight as well, but I think it is the best DLC they have done so far. I did not buy Tiny Tina's as I was burnt out of BL2 by the time it came out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CJacobs posted:

It is canon, actually, Claptrap talks about it in this game.

Really? I assumed it wasn't canon since, you know, Marcus dies in it.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Knoxx was a great character. If I remember correctly, they also did a "Ask Knoxx" thing on Twitter for a while, you might be able to still find the logs somewhere.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Bugsy posted:

Knoxx was awesome and not just because it raised the level cap on BL1 to 61, but it gave the player access to Knoxx's vault which in true gearbox fashion was easy to get into a million times and not just the once twice for the mission. Crawmerax was decently easy once you figured out the ledges where that you can hide on. And the new rarity guns were nice to collect as well. Some of the lance soldiers were bullet sponges (especially the acid resistant ones) and Mr Shank could be a tough fight as well, but I think it is the best DLC they have done so far. I did not buy Tiny Tina's as I was burnt out of BL2 by the time it came out.

Plus there was a glitch that allowed you drop through the floor going into the Vault which meant you could farm it forever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BexGu posted:

In the General Knoxx DLC, basically the Crimson Lance dudes and their leader General Knoxx are hanging out by a fuckhuge stockpile of loot and the vault hunters want it for themselves. Almost immediately they get ambushed by a bunch of people (one of whom is Athena) trying to assassinate them. Athena defects from the Crimson Lance and is all like "General Knoxx is a total bastard you should kill him when you get the chance" (but actually he's just a depressed old man). Then the vault hunters spend like 6 hours of gameplay doing that and at the end you get to raid a massive stash of guns before it blows up. For a lot of people, it's their favorite DLC but I disagree because there is so much god drat driving in it.

In the base game's credits, the first Claptrap you meet (the orange one) gets zapped by a Hyperion satellite and gets a title card calling him the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap. While the vault hunters are off celebrating beating the crap out of Knoxx (who was about to kill himself when they arrived anyway) and raiding the armory, Claptrap encourages ALL Claptraps to rise up and stop being slaves to humans by killing the crap out of all of them. Bosses from the game get brought back to life so they can be fought again (including Knoxx) and there's lots of funny jokes and I kinda liked it. Then at the end, Claptrap gets the poo poo beaten out of him as the final boss, and with the revolution failed he just goes back to being Claptrap.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Really? I assumed it wasn't canon since, you know, Marcus dies in it.

In the end credits he mentions he didn't really die, he just added that to the story to make it more exciting, given his role in "narrating" the Borderlands storyline.

Knoxx is the only piece of Borderlands DLC that has important story chunks, though The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned remains my favorite.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Edward IV posted:

I'm still on my first playthrough but I'm having great results with the Moxxi laser you get before retaking Helios. I don't know what other variations there are but I got the continuous beam variety that creates chain lightning that zaps nearby targets. It's great at building Maelstrom stacks and heals you but I think it could be irritating to use on a Xbox controller. :dong: I wouldn't know since I'm using a keyboard and mouse.

I also have a continuous beam fire laser which also works well in when I'm in an atmosphere which is also great at building stacks.

I am playing on PC with an Xbone controller so unfortunately Moxxi laser... yeah.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I think on elemental Athena you can use pretty much whatever weapon you like and still get hundreds of stacks, once you're high enough level to get the ricochet shield and Zeus' Wrath.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Knoxx is the only piece of Borderlands DLC that has important story chunks, though The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned remains my favorite.

One of the reasons I liked Borderlands 1 is that it didn't shy away from being like "yeah all the big corporations that make the guns are huge pieces of poo poo". Like Jakobs pulling out of their deforestation operation because of a zombie plague and quarantining the entire area and just leaving instead of bothering to fight it! Borderlands 2 pretty much lost that and I don't think that kind of thing ever comes up besides Hyperion obviously, but this game brings it back with Dahl so hooray!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Bugsy posted:

Knoxx was the ending that BL1 didn't have (though Flynt Eastwood was a pretty sweet boss). The entire zone was a blast and Atlas was hella fun to fight, especially when compared to Hyperion.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The actual armory in the Knoxx DLC was an "oh my god all this loot" moment that BL hasn't really come close to matching ever since. Also you could glitch it and run it without the time limit, which was always cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I have been wondering why people were so annoyed with the RK5 fight since I had little trouble with it on normal. On TVHM it was a bit of a different story. I did the fight at level 44, with the boss being 47 - died 4 times I think. That's a lot bigger difference than I ever managed to do BNK3R at. But that's as much a testament to how broken Athena is.

As for the mechanics, the bombing run is really easy to avoid. I basically only died when laser barrage came up and I had no cover.

• Locked thread