Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Open question, which came first: islamo-fascism or the invasion of Iraq?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'd need you to define islamo-fascism and specify which invasion of Iraq you're talking about.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
John Oliver finally provided the spark needed for the SCOTUS OT 2014 thread.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

The Warszawa posted:

John Oliver finally provided the spark needed for the SCOTUS OT 2014 thread.

Operating Thetan?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd need you to define islamo-fascism and specify which invasion of Iraq you're talking about.

Lets go by the use of terms as Bush II would understand them

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

Lets go by the use of terms as Bush II would understand them

I'm not 12 anymore, so I can't get into his mind. You may want to be more specific. Was Sayyid Qutb "Islamofascist"? Was António Salazar "Christofascist"?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm not 12 anymore, so I can't get into his mind. You may want to be more specific. Was Sayid Qutub "Islamofascist"? Was António Salazar "Christofascist"?

Ol' Sally was a friend against communism. If you gotta ask whether someone is islamofascist, Bush II would likely say yes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

Ol' Sally was a friend against communism. If you gotta ask whether someone is islamofascist, Bush II would likely say yes.

I guess people who W would consider to be Islamofascist predated his reign, yes. Why is that an important discussion for us to have in the D of the D in the Year of Their Lord 2014?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I guess people who W would consider to be Islamofascist predated his reign, yes. Why is that an important discussion for us to have in the D of the D in the Year of Their Lord 2014?

Bush '16, baby. Bush '16. Tough on islamofascism, soft on Floridian votes.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what the gently caress does that have to do with the original question

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

I think MIGF's had one too many of those amazing Chicago beers.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

Why are you replying to a Markov Generator?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

moller posted:

Operating Thetan?

October term

The episode had a "dogs playing poker"-style scotus, raw footage here http://youtu.be/tug71xZL7yc

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
i just saw an ad paid for by the mayday pac on my tv, they're trying real hard to not get pat roberts elected

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

ReindeerF posted:

She's great in it, what.

The post-Sorkin era got a bit of CRISIS OF THE WEEK disease, but the actors exercised enough control most of the time to keep the characters from becoming caricatures. Still, some of the character arcs just went nuts.

And Mandy is the worst thing about The West Wing, which they figured out before the end of Season 1, really, which is why Mandyville exists.

Oh god drat it, Matthew Perry? Considering season 4 is probably the first season they taped post 9/11, I think it's safe to say the terrorists won.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Cheekio posted:

Oh god drat it, Matthew Perry? Considering season 4 is probably the first season they taped post 9/11, I think it's safe to say the terrorists won.

Wait if you've seen Amy Gardner you're well into season 3 - I can understand skipping Isaac and Ishmael but how have you missed the increasing focus on the Middle East?

(Season 3 is the first post-9/11 season.)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Open question, which came first: islamo-fascism or the invasion of Iraq?

Well islamo-fascism is still a ghost that was always pretend, so the invasion of Iraq I guess

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think MIGF's had one too many of those amazing Chicago beers.

which is a white russian with a carrot in it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The nurse who gave me my flu shot said not to worry about ebola and that the media is just being irresponsible at this point.

I dont know who to believe.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Season 3 premiered less than a month after the attacks, I thought was wasn't enough time to pivot to islamophobia (Toby's diatribe about extremists notwithstanding).

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Cheekio posted:

Season 3 premiered less than a month after the attacks, I thought was wasn't enough time to pivot to islamophobia (Toby's diatribe about extremists notwithstanding).

Crack cocaine is a hell of a drug.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Will the Senate ever approve a new AG.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

euphronius posted:

Will the Senate ever approve a new AG.

If it's Perez, well, hahahahahahahahaha

Has anyone else read Roose interviewing Marc Andreessen in New York Magazine? Because holy moly Andreessen is like a black hole sucking in all light and yet somehow spewing poo poo from its maw at the same time.

The Warszawa fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 20, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Warszawa posted:

Crack cocaine is a hell of a drug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Warszawa posted:

Has anyone else read Roose interviewing Marc Andreessen in New York Magazine? Because holy moly Andreessen is like a black hole sucking in all light and yet somehow spewing poo poo from its maw at the same time.

Someone was citing him in favor of bitcoins. What other bullshit (that he has a vested economic interest in) has he been spewing?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Someone was citing him in favor of bitcoins. What other bullshit (that he has a vested economic interest in) has he been spewing?
He basically says everything is awesome - because he's invested in everything. He also thinks of the middle class as indentured servants and fodder for tech's meat grinder.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cheekio posted:

Is the girl from Weeds the worst part of the West Wing or do I have things to worry about after Season 4?

if you dont like amy gardner you are objectively a bad person

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
lmfao so I saw that dumbshit Kashkari drowning ad on TV at the gym today

Even in darkest Orange County I don't think that's going to win over anyone who wasn't going to vote for him anyway

also "Governor Brown has consistently sided with unions over kids" - Orange County Register, September 2014

and just like a lot of other things about Orange County, the Register has never aspired to be anything more than just another right-wing rag

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Warszawa posted:

If it's Perez, well, hahahahahahahahaha

It's Kathy Ruemmler. Obama's going to nominate her and she'll most likely get confirmed in the lame duck.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
That's just my guess, based on the trial balloons I've read.

Then again, I thought Romney was going to pick Portman as his VP.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why is eripsas thread 4/5 is it legit funny or are we all just nodding and exchanging knowing smiles?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

zoux posted:

Why is eripsas thread 4/5 is it legit funny or are we all just nodding and exchanging knowing smiles?

Last night I saw that eripsa compared himself to jesus

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I saw that in the op he implied that twitch plays pokemon was a triumphant step in the development of mankind.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

it's both

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
it would be better if eripsa had a meltdown but his ego is like rock solid so it's just impossible for him to understand that he might be wrong about something, which is entertaining to behold

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Plus a self-admitted bitcoiner waltzed through at one point, which was entertaining in and of itself.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it would be better if eripsa had a meltdown but his ego is like rock solid so it's just impossible for him to understand that he might be wrong about something, which is entertaining to behold

Unprecedented in D&D

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

caros is a little too into this imo

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm amazed eripsa is posting this material under his own name. A lot of these opinions are career enders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
RBG makes rookie mistake of getting high on her own supply.

• Locked thread