Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Haha these are good posts you all are doing a very good job being funny and not weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Figures Current Releases ends the week before Dear White People comes out.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm sure discussing this series of events in this thread won't result in a lot of dumb poo poo posting. Good plan.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FishBulb posted:

I'm sure discussing this series of events in this thread won't result in a lot of dumb poo poo posting. Good plan.

That's very different to what to normally expect in General Chat.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

True, fair, apologies

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

So I was reading this wrestling comic based on a mixtape,

Now I want that mixtape to exist.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Hahahahaha suckers

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
So its not ending indefinitely, more like relocating? Cool, I'm okay with that. gently caress the haters.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ruddha posted:

Hahahahaha suckers

You suck ONE dick...

curious lump posted:

haha his user name is literally the worst and so are his opinions

nice !!!

It's actually Dickeye because his eye is Richard.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I heartily welcome all of the new posters who just want to type with no capitalization and say "fag".

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I heartily welcome all of the new posters who just want to type with no capitalization and say "fag".

gay

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Rooney McNibnug posted:

So its not ending indefinitely, more like relocating? Cool, I'm okay with that. gently caress the haters.

No, you are.

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Shut up, fag.

e: fixed improper grammar

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
In other news this was the preview image for this weird Christian scare film I found today:

No idea if it's any good but I'm intrigued by her hair. See if you can guess what year this is from based on that picture

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

curious lump posted:

Shut up, fag.

e: fixed improper grammar

Gahaha. Excellent stuff.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Yeah. Yeah. Okay.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Literally The Worst posted:

Yeah. Yeah. Okay.

THE EXODUS MANDATE is a hell of a production company name.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Exodus Mandate is my new hip-hop/ska (hip-skap???) band.

In case anyone was wondering I'm absolutely dickstreaming that tonight.

edit Jesus goddamn Christ I just found a video from 2006 that's still convinced barcodes are the mark of the beast.

edit 2: Here's the description of IndoctriNation

quote:

IndoctriNation: Public Schools and the Decline of Christianity in America is the latest DVD from the award-winning director Colin Gunn that examines the issue of public education and home schooling from a Christian perspective. This unflinching and highly controversial documentary takes a long and hard look at the true state of public schools, and you may not like what it discovers.

Most Christian children attend a public school. Their families have a vested interest in all that happens there. Join filmmaker Colin Gunn, a home school father of seven, on a field trip across the USA to examine the state of public education.

Driving an old school bus, Colin and family travel across America, asking questions about the origins and social impact of America's public education system. Colin asks:

Who established the American Public Schools system?
Are my kids physically and morally safe in the schools?
Are the public schools religiously neutral?
Shouldn't Christian kids be “salt and light” in the schools?
Can the public school system be fixed or redeemed?

Featuring compelling interviews with teachers, administrators, parents, and other whistleblowers, this film is part documentary, part testimonial, and totally captivating. Above all it is both an encouragement and challenge to the millions of Christians who need to know what God's Word says about the discipleship and training of the next generation. You will want to give IndoctriNation to every parent you know.

Featuring interviews with Samuel Blumenfeld, Col. John Eidsmoe, John Taylor Gatto, Ken Ham, Dr. Erwin Lutzer, Doug Phillips, Howard Phillips, Bruce Shortt, R.C. Sproul, Jr., Kevin Swanson, and many more.

I have no idea what "salt and light" means.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 20, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Slate Action posted:

THE EXODUS MANDATE is a hell of a production company name.

I think that's the group from like 10 years ago whose goal was to relocate all its members to South Carolina and elect themselves to all the public offices and then secede to become a Christian theocracy.

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Vargo posted:

[...]it's a compound of things that have made it clear that we no longer fit in the general direction of SA[...]
I am glad this was understood, and hope your audience will come to understand it, in time.

Gahaha. Excellent stuff.
It's.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Colin Gunn is my least favourite Gunn brother.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I think that's the group from like 10 years ago whose goal was to relocate all its members to South Carolina and elect themselves to all the public offices and then secede to become a Christian theocracy.

I dunno but here's the trailer: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/indoctrination/13912103

Also found a mixtape by the dude who did the opening credits for Tim and Eric and that's kind of intriguing to me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Same.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Exodus Mandate is my new hip-hop/ska (hip-skap???) band.

In case anyone was wondering I'm absolutely dickstreaming that tonight.

edit Jesus goddamn Christ I just found a video from 2006 that's still convinced barcodes are the mark of the beast.

edit 2: Here's the description of IndoctriNation

I have no idea what "salt and light" means.

Possibly references to Jesus' followers being "the salt of the Earth" and "the light of the world?" The first part is about how valuable they are because, in Bible times, salt was rare, and the latter part is a bit more obvious.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh man, no more Current Releases (on SA) (for the time being)? :smith:

I'm glad y'all are relocating, though. It would suck to have CR gone for good just because it may not necessarily fit in on a comedy website. I've been looking forward to reading them every Sunday for months now.

Yeah. Yeah. Okay.
I should ask my dad about this one. I'm sure he's already seen it.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

In other news this was the preview image for this weird Christian scare film I found today:

No idea if it's any good but I'm intrigued by her hair. See if you can guess what year this is from based on that picture

I'm guessing... 1999 early 2000's?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
cr quitting has little to do with FYAD and a lot to do with how busy they all got IRL recently :)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Notinghamington posted:

I'm guessing... 1999 early 2000's?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Well that sucks, CR was always entertaining to read.

Wouldn't blame the ten remaining FYAD posters, a cursory glance at the frontpage forum thread has mostly positive post count people complaining in earnest.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I just watched my first 30 for 30, June 17th 1994, and it was dope. Really really dope. And made me feel old for remembering 1994 like it was yesterday, back when newscasters could dress like this

I then watched my second 30 for 30, Without Bias, and it was sad. Really really sad. But dope.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I just watched my first 30 for 30, June 17th 1994, and it was dope. Really really dope. And made me feel old for remembering 1994 like it was yesterday, back when newscasters could dress like this

I then watched my second 30 for 30, Without Bias, and it was sad. Really really sad. But dope.

Go for the Reggie Miller one to be cheered up again. Or Terry Fox to just cry the rest of the day.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

June 17th, 1994 is one of the best FF movies ever made.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If you want to see a really fun one try watching The U.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I always recommend The U and Pony Excess to new 30 for 30 watchers.

edit: And I'm not the only one, apparently!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, on Saturday I got pulled over and found my license had expired. I tried to renew online when I got home but the servers were down for maintenance. Now I've been trying all day and it won't let me do it for no apparent reason. I called them and the person I spoke to had no idea why it wasn't working and just suggested I try again later. I did so and it's still not working and now when I call them again they awful automated system says they're so backed up that they might be able to call me back Thursday if I schedule that. This is like the one god damned thing you can do at the DMV without having to do down to that awful place and it's not loving letting me do it and it's not letting me know why I can't do it. This is so god damned aggravating.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

June 17th, 1994 is one of the best FF movies ever made.

It's insanely well put-together. I'm obviously hooked on 30 for 30 now so I'm def gonna watch a bunch more of those, but if anyone has any recommendations for docs like June 17th that are entirely assembled out of news footage with no voiceover narration I'd love some recommendations. There's supposed to be a good one about the '92 presidential election I think - not The War Room, a different one. I think it's by the same guy who did The Atomic Cafe.

edit: Feed is the one I was hinking of. Anyone seen it?

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 20, 2014

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Corek posted:

If you want to see a really fun one try watching The U.

The interviews with Uncle Luke are dope.
Also watch The Two Escobars.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I also rewatched The Godfather the other day and I think my favorite scene is one nobody seems to talk about (I mean, it's The Godfather, so I'm sure every frame of it has been written about at length somewhere), when the florist (?) comes to visit Don Corleone in the hospital and Michael has him pretend to be a bodyguard.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

Wait what the gently caress? For real? That's really, really lovely and awful. gently caress FYAD.

lol if you think fyad and the 10 people who post in Front Page Discussion are the reason nobody reads CR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The newscasters on my local station still dress like that.

• Locked thread