Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The state deserves both its awful Democrats and it's brilliant Republicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Luigi Thirty posted:

God drat it I ended up in the democrat mailing list somehow and they keep sending me emails with titles like "all hope is lost" and "accept defeat", which I guess is the new Democratic platform.

Democrats have realized their base doesn't vote for them, their base votes against republicans, and have adapted their campaign strategies accordingly: All across the country, Democrats have begun to drop out of races and republicans are pissed

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Nonsense posted:

The state deserves both its awful Democrats and it's brilliant Republicans.

If there was ever a state to give credence to the "Both parties are equally awful so I just won't vote" line of apathetic reasoning, It's Tejas.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

An Angry Bug posted:

Sorry friend, but if you don't agree that Both Sides Have Good Points then clearly you are just not listening to Very Serious People in Washington who are out to protect Small Business Owners from the stifling hand of Big Government and its over-regulation. Our nation's Job Creators need to be free to experiment with Disruptive new techniques that Big Pharma and the SJWs don't want you to know about. But they can't do that when Obamacare and the PC Police are forcing them to hire only Hyphenated Americans and to give those Welfare Queens these ridiculous and ungodly healthcare plans. Our Small Business Owners simply can't afford to pay for all these Late Term Abortion Pills, and even if they could afford it they shouldn't have to, because forcing them to pay for those Ungodly things goes against the beliefs of the company. Corporations are people after all, and America is a Christian Nation. Do you want to give all these Illegals even more reason to flood over the border and infect us all with their Ebola-soaked Muslim Prayer Rugs, or shoot the Real Patriots protecting the border with their Fast and Furious machine guns? If we don't Close The Border then we'll all suffer when ISIS comes up from Mexico and institutes Sharia Law and uses FEMA to force us all into Death Panels while they use vaccines to infect our children with Autism. Why Do You Hate America???

No Benghazi? 92%

Fried Chicken posted:

OP for US Politics November: Why did the IRS give Ebola to all those Tea Party groups anyway? found.

I don't know if it'll ever be useful, but I've had "The Eternal Sunshine of John Boehner's Tanning Bed" kicking around in my head for a while

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Amergin posted:

If there was ever a state to give credence to the "Both parties are equally awful so I just won't vote" line of apathetic reasoning, It's Tejas.
I can't help but imagine an alternate reality where LBJ never went into the Executive Branch, remained a lifelong Congressman, and focused his efforts on containing the backlash that the Civil Rights Act would have on Democrats in the South, particularly in Texas.

Maybe the party would have more of a spine today if he remained Speaker for longer than he did.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Or if in fact he was ever Speaker at all.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
According to Anthony Culler, the Republican challenger to Jim Clyburn in South Carolina, you should not feed gay people after midnight.

quote:

"Same-sex couples that seek to destroy our way of life and the institution of marriage are NOT cute and cuddly but rather (for those of you that are old enough to remember the movie), Gremlins that will only destroy our way of life. These people are bullies and now that they are winning their true and hateful nature is much easier to see and hear. (Watch the response to this post.)"

It is unclear if getting them wet will also cause problems.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Not to step on Joementum's quotes gig but

quote:

"I think a law clerk told me about this Tumblr," Ginsburg, who always seems to get a kick out of her Internet celebrity, explained. "And also explained to me what 'Notorious R.B.G.' was a parody on. And now, well my grandchildren love it and I try to keep abreast of the latest that's on the Tumblr."

"I have quite a large supply," she added.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

zoux posted:

Or if in fact he was ever Speaker at all.
Whoops. Replace my statement for "if he was Senate Democratic Leader for longer" and it works though.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Not to step on Joementum's quotes gig but
This single quote has forced me to reverse my position in regards to term limits for the Supreme Court

Never leave us Ruth

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

USPol November: Do You Want Ebola? Because Muslims Are How You Get Ebola

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was listening to a talk by Gen. John Allen and he mentioned that military planners were now coining the phrase "feral cities" to refer to heavily urbanized areas that had "fallen out of the writ of law and the government". A quick google just now tells me that this is a actually a thing, but I still found the use of word rather unsettling.

I swear Feral Cities was the name of a Forth edition Shadowrun splatbook that I think included Lagos, Chicago and somewhere else.

:goonsay:

KomradeX fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 20, 2014

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
That Ginsburg thing is up there with the "why is my kid crying?" Tumbler.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has the Larry Sinclair crowd used the epithet Ebola Gay yet?

TM this guy
<-------

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Oracle posted:

They alternate the 'all is lost doom and despair' emails with poo poo like 'nate Silver says its too close to call! Your 5 DOLLARS COULD BE WHAT PUTS US OVER THE EDGE!' and poo poo like that.

The last ones to hit my gmail folder are

-"sorry"
-"should we Surrender?"
-"at a loss"
-"FINAL nail in the coffin"
-"W A S H I N G T O N P O S T"
-"I'm running for Congress"
-"serious setback"
-"Accept Defeat"

And I'm just like holy poo poo

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Chantilly Say posted:

The last ones to hit my gmail folder are

-"sorry"
-"should we Surrender?"
-"at a loss"
-"serious setback"
-"Accept Defeat"

And I'm just like holy poo poo

-"URGENT: Lets win"
-"Get Out and Vote Early"
-"A seat we CAN win"
-"In trouble"
-"Thank you so much!"
-"Watch my new video: 'Raise the Wage'"
-"415 donors in 2 days"
-"WARNING: [Chris Christie]"

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I got
'Even Nate Silver says its not going to be easy for Republicans'
'451,627 + <my name>'
'Dark Money' behind latest attack'
'BIG MO in the Midwest: Can you help us get out the vote?'
'ALMOST THERE!'

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Joementum posted:

It is unclear if getting them wet will also cause problems.
Not for us :pervert:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I've got so much less clutter in my email inbox now that I'm off the DNCC/DGA/(can't even remember what the gently caress else) mailing lists. Still on OFA, though.

They've only sent me petitions for Obamacare and the EPA, at least on the first page.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Oracle posted:

An email about Obama's fundraising?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Amergin posted:

An email about Obama's fundraising?
When I read that I knew you wouldn't pass up the opportunity. I think you could have done better though. B.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

JT Jag posted:

When I read that I knew you wouldn't pass up the opportunity. I think you could have done better though. B.

Sorry, let me :foxnews: that up a bit:

FOX NEWS ALERT: Obama seen at fundraiser for Dem Gov...
DOES HE CARE ABOUT EBOLA?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Has the Larry Sinclair crowd used the epithet Ebola Gay yet?

TM this guy
<-------

IBD editorial cartoonist Michael Ramirez beat you to it.

Obama, literally dropping Ebola on America from his gay plane.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Chantilly Say posted:

-"sorry"
-"should we Surrender?"
-"at a loss"
-"serious setback"
-"Accept Defeat"

My Imaginary GF posted:

-"URGENT: Lets win"
-"Get Out and Vote Early"
-"A seat we CAN win"
-"In trouble"
-"Thank you so much!"
-"Watch my new video: 'Raise the Wage'"
-"415 donors in 2 days"
-"WARNING: [Chris Christie]"

Oracle posted:

'Even Nate Silver says its not going to be easy for Republicans'
'451,627 + <my name>'
'BIG MO in the Midwest: Can you help us get out the vote?'
'ALMOST THERE!'

Whoever is in charge of these emails should be ashamed that they are going out. Probably fired and never let near an internet marketing team again. It seems clear that the group behind these emails treats potential donors with the same level of respect as do people who market
[list][*]Russian mail order brides
[*]Penis enhancing drugs
[*]Discount prescriptions
[*]Wealthy African princes in need of financial assistance[\list]

Holy poo poo. They genuinely don't care about the image people have of the Democratic party. I'm blathering at this point because I'm at a loss for words at how unprofessional these subject headers look.

Edit: what the hell, BBcode?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Does our new Ebola Czar have any credentials for directing a campaign of viral containment or is this just another political favor from Obama?

Because it seems like that latter.

EDIT:

Grundulum posted:

Whoever is in charge of these emails should be ashamed that they are going out. Probably fired and never let near an internet marketing team again. It seems clear that the group behind these emails treats potential donors with the same level of respect as do people who market
[*]Penis enhancing drugs

Holy poo poo. They genuinely don't care about the image people have of the Democratic party. I'm blathering at this point because I'm at a loss for words at how unprofessional these subject headers look.

I give it two weeks before you start getting "One voting trick Republicans HATE".

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Grundulum posted:

[*]Penis enhancing drugs

Who gives a poo poo about the party? Give me goddamn money now so I can make payroll and reach my bonus quota.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

colonel_korn posted:

Jesus, man. This is just pants-on-head stupid and I cannot believe people pay to put this thing in their publications. :wtc:

Really, it reads more like a GBS post than anything.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Amergin posted:

Does our new Ebola Czar have any credentials for directing a campaign of viral containment or is this just another political favor from Obama?

EDIT:

I give it two weeks before you start getting "One voting trick Republicans HATE".

What kind of political favor is it to be put in charge of the Ebola response?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

nutranurse posted:

Jesus, man. This is just pants-on-head stupid and I cannot believe people pay to put this thing in their publications. :wtc:

Really, it reads more like a GBS post than anything.

He has a Pulitzer. Two, IIRC.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Amergin posted:

He has a Pulitzer. Two, IIRC.

I don't like thinking about that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Amergin posted:

Ron Klain was formerly Joe Biden and Al Gore's chief of staff, and as chief of staff you'd expect the guy has pretty extensive experience organizing and planning events and keeping people in the loop. Having someone experienced in oversight and organization in charge of the effort is the right move, there are other people who can handle the actual medical side of things.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

This owns.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Two-time Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist Michael Ramirez.

Edit: Argh, beaten.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Grundulum posted:

• Russian mail order brides
  • Penis enhancing drugs
  • Discount prescriptions
  • Wealthy African princes in need of financial assistance

We joke about how Romney's ground game and campaign organization was so awful and how it didn't really reward staffers, but with the poo poo I got from the DNCC and DGA it almost felt like they got hijacked by incompetents who behave in the same way.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

zoux posted:

Please stop dropping brutal truth bombs on the USPOL thread.

His/her posts are better than yours, though...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

moller posted:

Edit: Argh, beaten.
Pretty sure he won his second Pulitzer that year too, with that cartoon in his portfolio. That cartoon is partially responsible for Michael Ramirez winning a Pulitzer.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Radbot posted:

zoux is a unicorn, one of very few in this thread, and the post he was responding to belongs in r/politics with all the other whining liberal yuppies.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

moller posted:

iran.jpg redacted
I've seen this one a couple of times already and I have to scroll past it because it's literally offensive to look at, far more than anything else the internet has thrown at me.

colonel_korn posted:

1. The plane, labeled Ebola Gay, is dropping a bomb, labeled Ebola. What does the plane represent? WHAT DOES THE BOMB REPRESENT?! WHO IS OBAMA DROPPING THE EBOLA BOMB ON???

2. Wormbama is in the window of the plane.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Grundulum posted:

You used a backslash when you tried to close that bracket, like this [list][\list]

That doesn't work

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Grundulum posted:

The email appeals from the DNC and OFA are extensively tested and refined based on opens, click throughs, and donations. The reason they send you a ton of them and the reason that they have such obnoxious content is because that's what works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Radbot posted:

Perhaps I was using a literary technique called "fake posting".

• Locked thread