Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

It sounds more and more like tactical mode is a dumbed down version of real time mode.

It sounds like it's DA:Origins style. Just with pathing now or something. eh, not bad for an action rpg. I really wish we could toggle capslock or something to enable autoattack.

Goddamn Diablos in my rpgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Werent there no auto attacks in DA2 and they patched them in after realizing how stupid that was?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

KoB posted:

Werent there no auto attacks in DA2 and they patched them in after realizing how stupid that was?

Yeah DA2 ended up with auto-attack for PC only.

MASTER RACE MOTHER FUCKERS

(I'm pretty happy that consoles are now in a position where they can actually be issued patches like PCs though!)

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Shugojin posted:

Yeah DA2 ended up with auto-attack for PC only.

MASTER RACE MOTHER FUCKERS

(I'm pretty happy that consoles are now in a position where they can actually be issued patches like PCs though!)

Console version also has auto-attack.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

losonti tokash posted:

Console version also has auto-attack.

This was patched in later; at launch, the console version of DA2 didn't have auto attack.

(I know this because I'm a shameful loser who bought DA2 on day 1. How could I have known??)

It also wasn't very good on console; if you were playing a melee class, and your enemy got knocked out of your melee range, you stopped attacking, so you basically had to mash the A button anyway. Not sure if it was any better on PC.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 20, 2014

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Drifter posted:

It sounds like it's DA:Origins style

Precisely. I loved the combat in DA:O but DA2 aswell, so a sort of combination of both sounds great to me.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

KoB posted:

The console version shipped without auto-attack. This was their amazing excuse for it:

Priestly posted:

Auto-attack option for consoles was added in to the games late in the development cycle after the initial certification build was sent. The auto-attack functionality was sent to be added to the game for testing and approval. This was why staff said it was in game.
Due to an error during mastering, the auto-attack file was omitted during manufacture.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jack the Stripper posted:

Precisely. I loved the combat in DA:O but DA2 aswell, so a sort of combination of both sounds great to me.

GOtta complain about it, though. That's why we're here in this thread. I actually think it'll be quite fine; playing DAO right now and I already click a gently caress ton on the special skills.

It sounds like combat'll be a *bit* more responsive than DAO anyways, so eh. Should be alright.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Raygereio posted:

The console version shipped without auto-attack. This was their amazing excuse for it:

Technically that's not the worst case of mastering gently caress-ups I've ever heard of. In the very late 90s, Enron had bought the company my dad worked for and was in the process of moving everyone to Houston. Well, not everyone, they said "well, we have our own QA at HQ" so they let QA of the local thing go, but before moving everyone to HQ. With no one on-site to actually do QA, a set of wholly non-functioning discs was mastered, manufactured, and shipped to customers instead of the new version :v:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

CitrusFrog posted:

Gotta say, I'm liking the breadth of choices you can govern through the keep, I was even able to put my rear end in a top hat rogue noble on the throne and sacrifice that whiny bitch Alistair to the defeat of the archdemon so my Warden could bag the queen himself, when in my playthroughs I never actually managed to get a character into that situation. I also like the ability to save multiple worldstates and share them (well, when it's working).
Does this mean syncing is back now?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

No. It's still being worked on.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I'm not sure syncing is, but it allowed me to save a second non-default worldstate earlier.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

e;fb

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I really like everything I've seen about Skyhold so far.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
I know I saw a graphic on how many mounts there were awhile back, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know how many mounts there will be in game, because wow, Skyhold showed a LOT of them.

I think the four categories were: Horses, Reptilian, Harts, and Exotics.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Leelee posted:

I know I saw a graphic on how many mounts there were awhile back, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know how many mounts there will be in game, because wow, Skyhold showed a LOT of them.

Second category was Dracoliches. I think there's 30 total.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Leelee posted:

I skimmed past Harts and read it Hares and was all 'what the gently caress you can ride rabbits!?!?'

Now I'm disappointed that wasn't the case.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

Saw the stream. I especially liked the Inquisitor's expression after beating Cullen at chess, really captures the essence of having a mild stroke.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Leelee posted:

Do Gryphons fall under Exotics?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wow, I'm checking out the stream recording and I'm really surprised at how big the castle is. I expected it to be, like, a hallway, and you could choose which type of bunting to hang from the rafters or something, but nope! It's a full on castle, that's pretty cool.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Eddain posted:

Do Gryphons fall under Exotics?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Drifter posted:

I skimmed past Harts and read it Hares and was all 'what the gently caress you can ride rabbits!?!?'

Now I'm disappointed that wasn't the case.

Well, nugs are kind of...hairless, short eared bunnies. Would you be happy with a battle nug mount? They had one in some concept art, but no telling if there's actually one in the game.

Looked like a dozen regular horses and almost as many exotics. I was expecting, at best, to be able to count the number of mounts in the game on one hand.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Never stop Leelee :golfclap:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lotish posted:

Well, nugs are kind of...hairless, short eared bunnies. Would you be happy with a battle nug mount? They had one in some concept art, but no telling if there's actually one in the game.

Looked like a dozen regular horses and almost as many exotics. I was expecting, at best, to be able to count the number of mounts in the game on one hand.

I was expecting at best to have about four in game and the rest would be separate DLC purchases.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Watching todays stream I can barely pay attention at points because they actually payed money to have someone make that awful helmet in real life.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Orv posted:

Watching todays stream I can barely pay attention at points because they actually payed money to have someone make that awful helmet in real life.

That's another last straw, pre-order canceled

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Nothing that drastic, it's just so ugly.

E; Time to developed sanctioned shipping: 12 minutes. :v:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ that walking/running animation is terrible.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Can somebody tweet Bioware or whatever and ask them what the heck kind of posable mannequin they were masturbating to when they made those walk/run animations?

I just want to know why they're so bad.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Does dude inquisitor walk like a male model!? Equality Bioware :argh:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Drifter posted:

Can somebody tweet Bioware or whatever and ask them what the heck kind of posable mannequin they were masturbating to when they made those walk/run animations?

All I think about when I see that animation is this parody comic of Metal Gear Solid.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Does dude inquisitor walk like a male model!? Equality Bioware :argh:

What does a dude model even walk like? Have we seen footage of Dorian yet? Does he walk like one of those over-the-top stereotypical gay men from the 80's and 90's schlock?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jimbot posted:

What does a dude model even walk like? Have we seen footage of Dorian yet? Does he walk like one of those over-the-top stereotypical gay men from the 80's and 90's schlock?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Bullshit, if that were the case you wouldn't be able to turn left.

Edit: If there's one thing I respected about Deadly Premonition (and it certainly wasn't the gameplay) was kind of the deconstruction of the timid woman character and how ridiculous it was by imposing it upon the character of Thomas MacLaine, who had all the animations and mannerisms of that kind of character. It's as weird and out of place as you imagine it would be.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 21, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Time to remind everyone that that movie is banned in Malaysia :v:

etjester
Jul 14, 2008

[insert text here]

oatgan posted:

Pre-order cancelled.

Genetic Toaster posted:

I cancelled my pre-order after that interview where they talked poo poo about Planescape Torment and I never looked back. :colbert:

Leelee posted:

PRE ORDER CANCELLED.

Lotish posted:

Time to cancel those preorders, guys.

Ainsley McTree posted:

This out-of-context hearsay that some guy on the internet is pretty sure he remembers seeing in a video a while ago is the loving nail in the coffin for this game for me, cancelling my preorder.

Saki posted:

Time to cancel my pre-order.

Robzilla posted:

I'm cancelling my preorder if Gaider doesn't make this happen.

HIJK posted:

preorder cancelled bioware, this was the last straw

Ainsley McTree posted:

Only four weeks left to make this joke, guys! Strike while the iron is hot!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

etjester posted:

Only four weeks left to make this joke, guys! Strike while the iron is hot!

Well I guess somebody decided to spend their time doing something even less productive than playing a videogame.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I haven't keep up with any game info for months, is it actually shaping up to be a good game after all?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

DrManiac posted:

I haven't keep up with any game info for months, is it actually shaping up to be a good game after all?

So far, but we're all a little wary by this point. Bioware's burned us before.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Drifter posted:

Oh and over twitter I asked @dragonage why the women walk like fashion models and the men like professional soldiers. And why the women don't walk like the men. I'll post a response, if I get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

DrManiac posted:

It looks excellent, Bioware is back baby!

• Locked thread