Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Keeping with the comics theme...

I'd rather check out the Minowaman spinoff, Planet Hluk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

REST. IN. SWEEEEEEEEET!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's just throwing up the horns, not the too sweet thing

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress the longhorns

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That game looks complicated as hell.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:staredog:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Keeping with the comics theme...

Hulk Arn Anderson in the bottom right.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

too sweet

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 19, 2014

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Somebody needs to add that gif of Undertaker running to the left side of it. That one that was put together with UT/Morrison running at Sheamus. Internet search abilities fail me.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Here are some highlights of WWE Superstars #7:

The prelude, main story, and fantasy sequences all have completely different art styles. I can see the reasoning for that, but unfortunately the art in the main story is far worse than the fantasy art. It seems the main artist really doesn't like to draw backgrounds.

Say your prayers...

You NEED to post the "Hulkamania is running wild!" panel in Superstars #8. I almost hyperventilated from laughing too hard. Plus the prelude page is with Adam Rose and it's the same art style as that Hogan page.

As bad as the comic is, the last page is kind of a sweet sendoff for CM Punk as written by Foley. It's incredibly clumsily-written in that it doesn't make much sense in the context of the story, but it's still sweet.

Superstars #9 is a new story with a new artist, who is far more readable. Finally it's meeting its potential as a balls-out batshit WWE comic book. Some mysterious force is kidnapping wrestlers from throughout the years and is forcing them to fight it out for unknown reasons. Daniel Bryan and 1986 Roddy Piper are trying to figure it all out while Jake Roberts and Randy Orton have decided to work together and instill fear among others.

Also, Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin beat up robot pirates.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Haha, I want to be a fly on the wall if Vince ever found out there is a comic with him sneezing in it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Request – for a slide show presentation I’m putting together, I need the absolute best picture of a Stone Cold Stunner AND the absolute best picture of a Rock Bottom. What do you guys have for those?

Bonus request – a Kane chokeslam picture.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
While those responses are entirely justified, I was kinda curious myself to know if such pictures existed.

Sure enough, a quick image search gave me my answer.

You can't really capture a Stunner in just a picture. At best, it's a before/after picture where its the two people falling and the next is how the other person sells it.

Now a Rock Bottom on the other hand:

I think it's more due to the fact that it's less "Wrestling Move Looking" and it's just a fancy slam. I believe when that black and white one got posted originally, this thread said it was the best pic, but YMMV.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I would pay the full PPV price for 3 hours of Vince and Noam Chomsky discussing various topics.

This is old but god yes

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Why do so many of you seem surprised that a person from New Jersey would have stupid hair and bad tattoos?

And you. Can't. Teach. That.

Enzo is 2legit2quit

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Shoehead posted:

And you. Can't. Teach. That.

Enzo is 2legit2quit

... Gary Strydom?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I was watching King of the Ring 2000 and noticed how much Konnor of The Ascension and Bull Buchanan look alike.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Liar Lyre posted:

I was watching King of the Ring 2000 and noticed how much Konnor of The Ascension and Bull Buchanan look alike.

Ah Bull, you were like a 4th rate Billy Gunn in the "Look at what this guy can do" department. I remember him botching his jump straight to the top rope from the mat and hit a twisting cross body move just as much as he actually hit it. I really can't remember any other moves that guy did outside of the above crossbody and his scissor kick. Maybe a top rope leg drop as well?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Havoc904 posted:

Ah Bull, you were like a 4th rate Billy Gunn in the "Look at what this guy can do" department. I remember him botching his jump straight to the top rope from the mat and hit a twisting cross body move just as much as he actually hit it. I really can't remember any other moves that guy did outside of the above crossbody and his scissor kick. Maybe a top rope leg drop as well?

My best guesses: punch, kick, clothesline

Bull Buchanan sucked

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Bull Buchanan sucked

I remember liking him, but then again that was when i first started watching wrestling so i was even stoked for Just Joe

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Bull Buchanan sucked

Jhon Cena disagrees.

:colbert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
4th row, last pic.

quote:

1st row, last pic.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Jhon Cena disagrees.

:colbert:

Don't mess with B^2. He was the only other official user of Thugonomics besides Cena. His potential was limitless.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sum Mors posted:

Don't mess with B^2. He was the only other official user of Thugonomics besides Cena. His potential was limitless.

I guess it's sad then that he never moved past Basic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Going with my earlier post, here's some wonderful art from WWE Superstars #8.

(that's supposed to be Batista on the floor)

Keep in mind that for the first eight issues of this series, Punk has been played as the main character in both storylines. Even though this comic came out weeks ago. So here's how this storyline ends.

Luckily, WWE Superstars #9 gets better art.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

what in the gently caress is going on with Bryan here?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Aesop Poprock posted:

what in the gently caress is going on with Bryan here?

He's judging you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

The greatest is that the main impact of the stunner isn't on the opponents head/neck, it's on Austin's butt.