Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

CommissarMega posted:

Incoming dumb question- what's the point of STFs? Do you get really cool items or mega dil from it? Because my klankrom's never had a problem with refining max dil every day, and it sounds like STFs are a massive pain in the rear end, so why bother? Seriously, I'm not trolling and genuinely curious.

Sometimes I want to do more with the game than doff clicker or hang in droz. Aside from fleet alert, ISE was a great way to quickly be blowing up ships without dumb objectives holding you back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Got this fun error that crashes my game if I try to load into the level 59 Vaadwaur Prime mission with the final confrontation with Gaul

code:
Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected:
Texture_Library/Terrain/Virinat_Ground/Virinat_Ground_Dirt_01_Ter_N.Wtex

Technical Details: Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected: ./piggs/texture.hogg:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fatal Error: Corrupt Pig

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Sometimes I want to do more with the game than doff clicker or hang in droz. Aside from fleet alert, ISE was a great way to quickly be blowing up ships without dumb objectives holding you back.
Yeah. ISE, fleet alert, and CCE could be beaten in a few minutes with even the most retarded PUG, and other queues like Viscous Cycle, Breach, and so on took more time but were similarly guaranteed. Right now it's a struggle to even get the rep reward items in a PUG due to the high chance of failure and getting jack, and the normal queues aren't even worth the time it takes to get the pittance of a reward. You basically have to do a pre-made to even get the items to buy the rep reward gear, and there's nothing you can queue now that's quick and rewarding in a pug at 60.

It's given me a lot more time to play Hyrule Warriors anyway.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 20, 2014

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.

JFC posted:

Got this fun error that crashes my game if I try to load into the level 59 Vaadwaur Prime mission with the final confrontation with Gaul

code:

Technical Details: Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected: ./piggs/texture.hogg:

I've been getting errors and crashes when I try to go to New Romulus or the Dyson ground battlezone. Seems they've caused some errors with their ground maps. Too many corrupt pigs.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

quote:

All these STF :words:

Ah, right then- now I can see why people are so miffed about it, and am also a little put out that I didn't get into them while the going was good :(

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just looked at what'd be necessary to upgrade a single space shield to Mk 14. gently caress it, I'm out.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Well I'm out of rubidium I hoarded pre-expak and superior beam upgrades are almost 2m each, so I'm falling back on crafting Improved ones. More dil cost, but I don't really want to drain my EC store quite yet. I've got 5/7 Spiral beams upgraded to Mk14 though!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So the voyager expansion is killing Sto like it killed trek? Poetry.

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash

JFC posted:

code:

I kited everything into the hallway you enter from, which bugged out the whole mission and locked all the doors.

That was fun, I really enjoyed doing that whole episode over again, no really! :suicide:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Anyone who wants to level to 60 quickly (or unlock ship mastery quickly, or get more specialization points, etc.) should probably start joining the Japori mission groups sooner rather than later. Especially since someone posted a detailed write-up of how to do it on the STO forums, I imagine it's going to get nerfed hard.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Argula is just as easy, although you may need someone to have the patrol mission to ensure everyone in your party can join the same instance at once.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Melchior posted:

Argula is just as easy, although you may need someone to have the patrol mission to ensure everyone in your party can join the same instance at once.
The enemies in Argala have 10 times the HP of the enemies in Japori, but give less than twice as much XP. Argala's decent, but Japori is much faster.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I'd also like to mention that the Battlezones haven't been touched, so they still provide Rep Marks, Gear, and dil rewards. If you are a new level 50 do the Solanae episodes and jump into the Voth/Undine battlezones to get started on the rep paths and earn some dil and credits. It's also not a bad idea to level up a little there since there is a lot of dead space between episodes at the higher levels.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 20, 2014

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

g0del posted:

The enemies in Argala have 10 times the HP of the enemies in Japori, but give less than twice as much XP. Argala's decent, but Japori is much faster.

Yeah I've done both and Japori is like an order of magnitude faster the ships only give about 70% of the xp vs Argala but there's like 10 times as many with a full team going and they die super quick since they're a) lvl 50 and b) Nausicans and not one of the new HP-sack DR enemies. Also crazy amounts of vendor trash so you can make a decent amount of cash running it.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Is it just me or is this expansion sapping people's will to play? TNG chat seemed pretty dead most of the weekend.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Burning_Monk posted:

I'd also like to mention that the Battlezones haven't been touched, so they still provide Rep Marks, Gear, and dil rewards. If you are a new level 50 do the Solanae episodes and jump into the Voth/Undine battlezones to get started on the rep paths and earn some dil and credits. It's also not a bad idea to level up a little there since there is a lot of dead space between episodes at the higher levels.

I noticed that yesterday. I'm glad I got T5 in Omega and Nukara pre-Delta, so it's more fun to try out those battlezones between story missions; especially since my Klingon is dying for an undine sperm suit.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I've done both and Japori is like an order of magnitude faster the ships only give about 70% of the xp vs Argala but there's like 10 times as many with a full team going and they die super quick since they're a) lvl 50 and b) Nausicans and not one of the new HP-sack DR enemies. Also crazy amounts of vendor trash so you can make a decent amount of cash running it.

Looks like I know what I'm doing tonight to finish the push to 60 on one of my characters.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Anyone know off hand if Tribble is open to Silver players again? I'm wanting to see if the ground and space sets are going to be worth the hassle of getting power cells.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Is it just me or is this expansion sapping people's will to play? TNG chat seemed pretty dead most of the weekend.

That would be everyone diving into Payday 2.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DancingShade posted:

While this is completely true, Cryptic did still gently caress things up pretty badly.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Most of the people when I hop on mumble are doing random things like Payday, Planetside, Archage, or sending pictures of their bowel movements to the channel.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Axe-man posted:

Still fighting Arc for the old content I had, I am thinking of buying me a multimillion EC ship instead of paying for it, I think this is best choice until they give me my poo poo back. :argh:

Updates They say the two keys I gave them only one went on the account so basically they claim that all my poo poo is on another account. so I am now going to find every single email that I have ever had with Star Trek Online and attempt to log into it. So that's the fun answer I got I get the costume poo poo and that I got when I originally purchased the game. Everything else including the four ships I bought apparently went into the ether.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
edit: double post.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 20, 2014

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
So several years late I've decided to hop aboard this train. What information do I need to provide to join a fleet in-game?

Edit: apologies if this comes up repeatedly, I saw people earlier in the thread giving IDs but they had @ signs and such in them and I can't find anything like that in my account.

Owlkill fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 20, 2014

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Axe-man posted:

Just a note they have no answer to why of access to the stuff that I shouldn't have and have for example oh I don't now and the next generation costume set that works just fine but you know wasn't included in that package that was you know just nothing.

This makes absolutely no sense and sounds like the ramble of a crazy person.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

bubbles depo posted:

This makes absolutely no sense and sounds like the ramble of a crazy person.

Sorry was voice to text that entered mid editing. :(

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Owlkill posted:

So several years late I've decided to hop aboard this train. What information do I need to provide to join a fleet in-game?

Edit: apologies if this comes up repeatedly, I saw people earlier in the thread giving IDs but they had @ signs and such in them and I can't find anything like that in my account.

On a ground map, right click your character portrait in the top left of the screen. That'll show your name@handle. With your @handle, we can invite you to TheNextGooneration so you can ask any questions you may have or join up with groups etc and we'll get you into one of the fleets from there too.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

So is there no point to upgrading warp/singularity cores? The numbers on the tooltips are identical.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Mondian posted:

So is there no point to upgrading warp/singularity cores? The numbers on the tooltips are identical.

On fleet cores, it gives a teeny tiny boost to whatever skill is on it, like going from +17 engine performance to +18. Nothing else is affected. Upgrading cores is a complete waste of resources.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's a bug right now where if you upgrade your Tal Shiar warp core (the one on the adapted bc/destroyer) it turns into a Romulan Experimental Plasma Beam Array :pwn:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Note it's not "upgrade" so much as "throw it into the upgrade window". That subtly swaps old items over to the new itemization scheme, and whoops someone there must have flubbed an item ID. :v:

Luckily Cryptic's already said they're going to add it to the reclaim tab in the dil store (where it should have been already anyway...), but who knows when that will actually happen.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What ships would be good for making a gimmick exotic damage build? The new lockbox traits all seem focused around that, as does the Delta rep weapon set.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

bijor is apparently back now. all your 5's please

e: now that we have talaxians, i'm going to remake that resort where tuvok choked neelix to death.

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 21, 2014

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I started on the Dyson missions on Saturday but then I realised I had 800 dyson marks despite never having been there before and that I get more XP from duty assignments than missions. Log in every 4 hours or so, top up assignments, profit.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Survey time: What ships do people regularly fly? I'll start. My main is a tactical Klank and he flies a A2B fleet Mogh. I'm in the process of leveling a feddie and klankrom and they're just in their leveling ships.

edit: my fed needs to do bijor soon.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Looking to get back into dental, @halman

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

MoraleHazard posted:

Survey time: What ships do people regularly fly? I'll start. My main is a tactical Klank and he flies a A2B fleet Mogh. I'm in the process of leveling a feddie and klankrom and they're just in their leveling ships.

Fed-I flew a Star Cruiser most of the time, then switched to the Risian Luxury Cruiser when I got it, since it did the same stuff, but BETTER. Recently started messing around with the normal Obelisk Carrier. I prefer carrier play, but there aren't any in my pitiful price range. Have mildly considered something like a D'Kyr(It's a pretty thing), but especially now, that's foolhardy.

Romulan-Klingon-side, Falchion-class Scimitar. Was going to get a D'Deridex at the time, then this ship showed up. One of the only pay-ships I've got. I don't really regret it, since the Zen was stuff that had been sitting for about 2 years or so ago. Mildly consider buying the D'Deridex. Probably won't though.

Klingon-Mirror Vo'Quv. No ifs, buts, or question. Carriers were the reason I stared playing Klingon. The normal one was nice, but the Mirror fit me better. Wish it were upgradable. Why, oh WHY?! :argh:

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 21, 2014

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MoraleHazard posted:

Whatever my newest toy is: JHEC ->Avenger-> Risian Cruiser -> Nicor -> Intel Cruiser. I mean I flip around at times between ships but it's usually the new poo poo. My Avenger because I feel weirdly obligated to use a "faction correct" ship so Intel Cruiser will probably take care of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Registered as Stickman at the wiki. Thanks!

• Locked thread