Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Since I seem to have successfully twisted a bunch of panties:
yes, I gave him my insurance info.
My car was pretty well maintained, but how often should I be required to crawl under my car to check the parts I didn't yet realise were really terribly designed? Every week? Every day?
The replacement was attached with new OEM parts, plus a loving chain punched through the boot floor and padlocked on the inside.
Regardless of my speed, a wheel that drops off parallel to the ground will slide calmly to a stop. If a safe interval were left between my car and the one behind, it would be trivial to avoid the debris in the road.

atomicthumbs posted:

Your sentence: sell your car and daily drive a Saab 900.

Classic.

Do you need an address to deliver it to? Because I'll drive that happily, I'm starting to hate my BMW.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Smoke posted:

On my car(Peugeot 2010 207 99g diesel) it's in the trunk, but it was apparently an option that's included in my edition. Other editions come with a simple patch kit in the spare tire space.

It's a good reminder that I need to check the pressure on my spare though, it's been in there for four and a half years now.

On my 106 it was mounted underneath the trunk but the bolts were probably rusted in place since it was never used and the car was from 1993.

Mine's definitely under the boot, I've seen it a bunch of times. There's a screw you turn under the boot carpet that's supposed to lower the cage it lives in but the mechanism seems to be rusted solid. :shepface:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I remember there used to be a real problem with theft of wheels from those lovely holders. Ten seconds with bolt croppers and they're away with it. Wonder why it seems to have dried up?

Cakefool posted:

Since I seem to have successfully twisted a bunch of panties:
You're also making everyone think that British engineers are complete sociopaths.

:iamafag:

Cakefool posted:

Do you need an address to deliver it to? Because I'll drive that happily, I'm starting to hate my BMW.
That's because your BM is lacking swept capacity. And spark plugs.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

I remember there used to be a real problem with theft of wheels from those lovely holders. Ten seconds with bolt croppers and they're away with it. Wonder why it seems to have dried up?

Because lovely 14" spacesavers are worthless, unless yours fell off :v:

quote:

You're also making everyone think that British engineers are complete sociopaths.

:iamafag:

I have no rebuttal for this.

quote:

That's because your BM is lacking swept capacity. And spark plugs.

I have no rebuttal for this.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

InitialDave posted:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

Because lovely 14" spacesavers are worthless, unless yours fell off :v:
True, back in the day, they were just another regular wheel under there.

Honestly, it's like stealing head units, isn't it? Most stuff is all pretty good now, on a basic level, so you get the impression that the only market for buying stolen head units is people who have had their head unit stolen.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It's always kind of funny to see ads on craigslist for "5 CAR STEREO FACEPLATES GREAT CONDITION"

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Cakefool posted:

It's turbocharged, it's been sitting since 1998, it's got a broken transmission, and it's in my dad's yard. Come and get it

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Preoptopus posted:

Ebola don't do so well out side of the body hence why its not airborn already.

Yeah well,l I don't really want any pozzed blood falling on me anyway

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

It's turbocharged, it's been sitting since 1998, it's got a broken transmission, and it's in my dad's yard. Come and get it

ON MY WAY WHOOOO!!

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

InitialDave posted:

Because the market for replacement Peugeot 205 alloy wheels is much smaller in 2014 than it was in 1994?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Someone got these stickers out there pretty quick

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
The Lieutenant

Wonder why nobody else thought of such a seamless blending of vehicles?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

..its a Fiero. You can't convince me otherwise.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That looks like siamese asses.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

The Lieutenant

Wonder why nobody else thought of such a seamless blending of vehicles?

Reminded me of this (which believe it or not is a factory effort)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Soarer posted:

"UW H3" vanity text, UW Alumni plate frame, but not the actual UW license plate? :v:

DOGE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Soarer posted:

The Hummer hybrid sticker is the one throwing me, or is that the legitimate badge? If its a sticker, whats the purpose...? If its the badge... uh... ok? Still confusing.

Tax Break?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

InitialDave posted:

Honestly, it's like stealing head units, isn't it? Most stuff is all pretty good now, on a basic level, so you get the impression that the only market for buying stolen head units is people who have had their head unit stolen.

Several years ago, I figured i'd hit up a pawn shop for a basic head unit, as the stock one had crapped out.

Walk in, ask about car stereos. Owner told me he stopped selling them after his wife's car got broken into and the stereo got stolen... then someone tried to pawn it to him the next day. :stare:

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

some texas redneck posted:

Several years ago, I figured i'd hit up a pawn shop for a basic head unit, as the stock one had crapped out.

Walk in, ask about car stereos. Owner told me he stopped selling them after his wife's car got broken into and the stereo got stolen... then someone tried to pawn it to him the next day. :stare:

Was the guy unaware that most of the stuff in his shop is stolen? :psyduck: Those places only pop up in lovely neighborhoods for a reason.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

EightBit posted:

Was the guy unaware that most of the stuff in his shop is stolen? :psyduck: Those places only pop up in lovely neighborhoods for a reason.

Like most people he probably only started caring when he became the victim.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I just read that the CEO of Total was killed when his private jet was hit by a drunken Russian in a snowplow. One can only assume that the dashcam footage from the snowplow is being uploaded as we speak.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
That guy was Totaled before he even got on the plane.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Throatwarbler posted:

I just read that the CEO of Total was killed when his private jet was hit by a drunken Russian in a snowplow. One can only assume that the dashcam footage from the snowplow is being uploaded as we speak.

poo poo I just made this same sorta joke in nuGBS. We're gonna have to orchestrate these things, man.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

nthalp posted:

The Hummer hybrid sticker is the one throwing me, or is that the legitimate badge? If its a sticker, whats the purpose...? If its the badge... uh... ok? Still confusing.

Tax Break?

In the Northwest, even our conservatives drive hybrids.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I initially read his name as "Margerine", which would have been an amazing name for an oil company CEO.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
I didn't realize it before but now I know the world needs more yak bone and gold leaf adorned Z4s. Style and class. Please tell me it's an 'M'.

All the white feathers and scales are actual yak bones. Many yaks gave their lives for this monstrosity.

I know I wanna yak when seeing this poor, poor Z4.

More can be found here. http://imgur.com/a/GxAUo

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I'm just not feeling this "Neverending Story" crossover. :dawkins101:

Kenshin posted:

Goddammit China

That is an amazingly tasteless Z4.

Redundant much?

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 21, 2014

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Goddammit China

That is an amazingly tasteless Z4.

HDC
Mar 11, 2006

dissss posted:

Reminded me of this (which believe it or not is a factory effort)

W..what the point of this van? It has exactly the same capacity as a regular LiteAce, and I can't imagine the reasonable use case where medium-duty truck chassis is useful. Transporting morbidly obese people by dozen?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Overall passenger capacity vs length in areas where vehicle length is paramount? Like why cab-over trucks are popular almost everywhere except in the US.

HDC
Mar 11, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Overall passenger capacity vs length in areas where vehicle length is paramount? Like why cab-over trucks are popular almost everywhere except in the US.

LiteAce is also cab-over, the cab is just smaller than this. So it's even shorter I think.

e: I meant HiAce, sorry for the confusion :downs:

HDC fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 21, 2014

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

HDC posted:

W..what the point of this van? It has exactly the same capacity as a regular LiteAce, and I can't imagine the reasonable use case where medium-duty truck chassis is useful. Transporting morbidly obese people by dozen?

Builders seem to be the common users here. You can chuck small heavy loads in there without having to worry - stuff like those paving compactor machines or bags of cement. The regular Hiace doesn't cope well with that sort of stuff.

Because they have a light truck chassis they also have much larger engines and more powerful brakes which means they can tow a lot more safely.

HDC
Mar 11, 2006
A slightly bigger panel van body would be much more logical for this. Why Toyota decided to put a small window van body behind the bigger cab of the Dyna is still a mystery to me, it can't be that expensive to make a bigger van body for a mass produced vehicle. And, after looking this thing up - they're doing this formula for several generations of the truck, crazy.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Kill-9 posted:

I didn't realize it before but now I know the world needs more yak bone and gold leaf adorned Z4s. Style and class. Please tell me it's an 'M'.

All the white feathers and scales are actual yak bones. Many yaks gave their lives for this monstrosity.

I know I wanna yak when seeing this poor, poor Z4.

More can be found here. http://imgur.com/a/GxAUo

Obviously built for this man right here.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Preoptopus posted:

Obviously built for this man right here.

Oh, we're looking on his works and despairing, alright.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
I'll just leave this here

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SlimManFat posted:

I'll just leave this here

No! Take it away, please! :cry:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HDC posted:

A slightly bigger panel van body would be much more logical for this. Why Toyota decided to put a small window van body behind the bigger cab of the Dyna is still a mystery to me, it can't be that expensive to make a bigger van body for a mass produced vehicle. And, after looking this thing up - they're doing this formula for several generations of the truck, crazy.

Japanese tax laws :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Why yak bone?