Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IUG posted:

I guess I don't get why he's angry. She's wearing the suit, it's obvious she's an agent. And Spender could be a friend with an agent for all he knows.

To be fair, they were told of the mission almost a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

To be fair, they were told of the mission almost a year ago.

Man, webcomics really are way too slow.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Isaac's life must be really exhausting if he's going MAXIMUM ANIME at all times.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
I can't remember, what have we seen of Isaac's adventures previously?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=180

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=180

Right here, as well as all through the chapter where Doorman is introduced since Isaac just kinda slips into anime mode arbitrarily.

^right, up there.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I hope we continue to get glimpses of Isaac's anime adventures for the rest of eternity.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Lord of Hats posted:

Isaac's life must be really exhausting if he's going MAXIMUM ANIME at all times.

What Spender is concealing from Isaac is that Isaac was never human at all

He's a Shounen Elemental

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Today's update: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=298

People looking at other people AKA the most awkward ghost train ride ever.

Oh boy that alt text.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hasn't the de facto update schedule always been Tuesdays/Fridays? :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That alt-text has me so loving hyped.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm getting the sense that Agent Day isn't as benevolent as her first impression wanted us to think.

This page is a pretty effective recap of all the current plot threads: Max is staring down Day trying to figure out why she's here and what it could mean, Isabel is concerned for her mentor who's visibly not handling it well and still working through losing Eightfold, Ed knows something happened with Isabel and is worried about it, Isaac is off stewing about being left out yet again.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It seems like Agent Day knows Spender is lying.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It'd be amazing if it's a completely different character than what the alt text is implying.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Brannock posted:

I'm getting the sense that Agent Day isn't as benevolent as her first impression wanted us to think.

This page is a pretty effective recap of all the current plot threads: Max is staring down Day trying to figure out why she's here and what it could mean, Isabel is concerned for her mentor who's visibly not handling it well and still working through losing Eightfold, Ed knows something happened with Isabel and is worried about it, Isaac is off stewing about being left out yet again.

All in all, another successful mission!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Kgummy posted:

It'd be amazing a war crime if it's a completely different character than what the alt text is implying.

Goshdarnit, I've been denied my nerd pummeling for too long. Those kids aren't going to take their own lunch money!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
hahaha the ghost train still has the arrow in it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If Johnny were to burst from the underbrush and suplex the train, the comic would be complete.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Heeeeeeere's... the sphinx of games?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

hahaha the ghost train still has the arrow in it.

I looked for the arrow and I wasn't disappointed :allears:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, this is a really well-composed page. You get a clear idea of what everyone is thinking/feeling just from expressions alone, and it flows really well from person to person.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Man, this is a really well-composed page. You get a clear idea of what everyone is thinking/feeling just from expressions alone, and it flows really well from person to person.

I like that Issac is the only one who isn't given any kind of focus at all, and the two panels he's visible in are framed to really make him feel distant and isolated from everyone else.

I'm kind of wondering if he's not going to rage-quit at some point. Though he might be afraid that if he does, Spender's unknown buddies (or Spender himself) will hunt him down. If/when we see more of the other groups I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ship to a team that seems to appreciate him more.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It sounds like the Doorman's been grooming him and might be hoping to recruit him for whatever conspiracy he's got going on with Forge.

But yeah, the composition of the latest page was really good. I particularly liked the way it flowed from Day to Max looking at Day to Isabel sitting next to Max and staring at Sepnder to Spender himself, very smooth.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Ghost Train – Worst chapter or best chapter?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

horriblePencilist posted:

Ghost Train – Worst chapter or best chapter?
Well, it's almost as long as all the previous chapters combined, so at this point you're really just judging Paranatural itself. (It's the best)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh my God absolutely this.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Johnny & Co's heads are just gonna suddenly whisk through the length of the floor of the train, somehow going unnoticed by all its passengers.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
Am I reading in to it, or does Agent Day have hearts in her ears?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ZeusJupitar posted:

Am I reading in to it, or does Agent Day have hearts in her ears?

As far as her design is concerned, if you see a :h: somewhere, it's probably intentional. Look at how she does her hair in a bun, too.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Anyone else see the cameo in Three Panel Soul?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tunicate posted:

Mac Hall is still going?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh hey neat, scrapdragon.

Also, did Spender and them ever said that non ghosts could enter the train? I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny and them ended up as stowaways.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tunicate posted:

Don't know how I missed that, they even made a news post about it with the comic. :ughh:

AnonSpore posted:

Mac Hall is still going?

Same guys, different comic. Three Panel Soul is a lot less connected than even Mac Hall was. They're still pretty great, Jo (the mage in the linked panel) and Death are becoming regulars, but there's still a lot of comics on random things like becoming a parent and so on.

They put Mac Hall back up as a PDF so people wouldn't have to spend $60-$250 for the book just to read it since the original site doesn't work very well.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I'm surprised that Max was willing to get back on the train without a fight. It's been established that the train is one of a very small number of methods that allow him to leave town and also that his mother's ghost will fade over time. He has no reason to think that he can just take the train whenever he wants and he just had a dream reminding him of his mom, so I figured he'd do his best to take off.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Max is fairly level-headed. Running off alone into the big, bad world is risky enough for a kid who isn't involved in spectral stuff, and at the moment he probably has no reason to believe he'll be denied if he asks Spender to let him out of Mayview.

He's already got a planned trip with his family coming up. If he can't get out for that, that might cause some friction and reckless behavior.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
He's also a kid with no ability to travel, acquire food or shelter. And if he gets reported missing and a cop finds him and drives him back to Mayview, well then, he's just as dead as his mom isn't he?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh come on guys, it's easy, we already had the solution presented to us. What Max needs is teleportation.

Which character in the story so far has the explicit power to teleport people?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Johnny, because he knows how to instantly take you from this world to one of pain.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

Oh come on guys, it's easy, we already had the solution presented to us.

Yes. The ghost train is now enamored with Max.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

I can't wait for the Ghost Train vs Scrapdragon brawl now. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

I assume they'll be pulling that love arrow out after they get back.