Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Niggurath posted:

Yeah, forgot to mention that there are a couple of interesting Demon's Souls LP's going on right now, like Dooky Dingo's LP of it and I think Angrymog's beginner's guide to the game (though I'm at a loss to find the threads).

Possibly because you're searching for Demon's Souls and those two threads are running Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I only just today discovered it, but Faerie Fortune is doing a blind VLP of Ocarina of Time with ChaosArgate as her copilot. Imagine Geop's Dark Souls LP, but more British, and while I don't want to reduce Faerie Fortune to a series of labels, well, she IS one o' them girl-type female goons, so if you've been wanting an LP narrated by a female goon, that bears mentioning!

But yeah, it's extremely good.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I only just today discovered it, but Faerie Fortune is doing a blind VLP of Ocarina of Time with ChaosArgate as her copilot. Imagine Geop's Dark Souls LP, but more British, and while I don't want to reduce Faerie Fortune to a series of labels, well, she IS one o' them girl-type female goons, so if you've been wanting an LP narrated by a female goon, that bears mentioning!

Just the idea of someone doing a blind run of a game I've committed the majority of to memory has me very intrigued to see how they handle it. Gonna be following this for sure.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sel Nar posted:

Adding to this, BottledBodhisvata's ongoing LP of Demon's Souls has a bit of a twist; Not only is he going into detail about the history of weapon and armour types (Much akin to Geop's Let's History in the Assassin Creed games, or KalonZombie's greek history and mythology in the ongoing God of War LP), but he's taking thread votes for what weapon he uses, and where to explore next.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669865

TWO THINGS I LOVE. I'm sold.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

A long time ago in 2007, hentai LPs were somehow allowed. One of the few screenshot hentai LPs that was ever posted was a game called Crescendo. It was pretty cool for the sheer :gonk:-factor. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your how you see it), most of the screenshots themselves are gone, but the reactions from the posters definitely made it worth to read.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2405544 Thread 1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2436662 Thread 2

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it was truly a dark day for these forums when hentai lps were banned

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dancing Peasant posted:

A long time ago in 2007, hentai LPs were somehow allowed. One of the few screenshot hentai LPs that was ever posted was a game called Crescendo. It was pretty cool for the sheer :gonk:-factor. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your how you see it), most of the screenshots themselves are gone, but the reactions from the posters definitely made it worth to read.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2405544 Thread 1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2436662 Thread 2

Schizoguy posted:

It's two threads. I doubt that two threads can qualify as "horrible and creepy".

It's JUST two threads guys! How can only two hentai threads possibly be horrible and creepy!?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I enjoy all the sayings that I still see people spout today like 'Vote 1 and move on' and see that you can really apply that to anything to validate a thread's existence.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Cake Attack posted:

But masterpieces such as Do You Like Horny Bunnies will forever live on in our memories.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Fae knows almost nothing about the game past what she's played and part of this is to keep it a blind run, so it's a complete no-black bar zone there so don't go in and post about how you can't wait for a certain dungeon and please don't PM her about things that will eventually pop up.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I feel like the thread for Neighborhood Necromancer (part of the Choice Of CYOA lineup) is criminally quiet, so I wanted to inform you all that the protagonist is currently dressed as a giant duck and chasing after her skeletons who have gone rogue on Dia de los Muertos.

The skeletons are all wearing sombreros and playing trumpets despite the setting being a small town in England.

No one's quite sure how the skeletons can play the trumpet.

I just want to bring this one back up, because the first run through the game is done now, and a second one is just beginning. The story the first time was wonderfully pacifist/quirky, and the second one is shaping up to be about murdering as many people as possible.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Fae knows almost nothing about the game past what she's played and part of this is to keep it a blind run, so it's a complete no-black bar zone there so don't go in and post about how you can't wait for a certain dungeon and please don't PM her about things that will eventually pop up.
Have you guys had a problem with people PMing her info about the game?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nihilarian posted:

Have you guys had a problem with people PMing her info about the game?

Yes.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Cake Attack posted:

rejoice as there are still hentai lps happening

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kuvo posted:

rejoice as there are still hentai lps happening

Holy poo poo

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
rmdir c:\morenatsu /s /q

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Listen, I think we can all appreciate hentai now. It truly is a new age of hentai and we could all learn a thing or two from it.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Big Scary Owl posted:

Chrono Trigger by Caront (YouTube)

An excellent ongoing YouTube LP of Chrono Trigger. It's surprisingly very good! Caront makes some excellent commentary, teaching people about the game and giving his commentary in a fluid and calm manner. He has played through the game many times before and has watched other playthroughs as well, so he knows a lot about the game.

The LP has currently 31 parts as of this post.

I recommend checking out the first video of the playlist so you can see his enthusiasm for the game. Seriously, it's pretty good. It deserves more views.

I liked the intro at the beginning, but then he started reading all the dialogue out loud and explaining how to move Crono around.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Dryzen posted:

Listen, I think we can all appreciate hentai now. It truly is a new age of hentai and we could all learn a thing or two from it.

I can't believe you opened hentai.zip

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nOWMeWz6EI

Retsupurae plays a really interesting horror game. It's very... uh... college film student movie in story.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

SystemLogoff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nOWMeWz6EI

Retsupurae plays a really interesting horror game. It's very... uh... college film student movie in story.
Yeah, there's also the LP that Coulis did for both the first and second game: http://lparchive.org/Obscure-1-and-2/

Definitely a mixed bag for a horror game, and a lot bleaker than you would imagine.

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
blip took the videos down. Alternate urls?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Right at the top of that page:

Geop posted:

7) Please check the Master List and LPArchive.org if you're curious of whether something's been LP'd already. Also, if you're using LPArchive.org, there are numerous older LPs which you'll come across. Hosts have died over time, but many of these LPs have been uploaded to Archive.org! Keep an eye out for this banner in those cases:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Turns out the LP archive is actually being funded by the US government and used for testing the application of stealth technology on digital images.

At this point it's the only plausible explanation for the amount of people who fail to see that banner.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
It's been mentioned before, but it seriously looks like an ad. It blends into the page too well and doesn't stand out enough, so if you're not looking for it you're likely to not notice it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lance Streetman posted:

It's been mentioned before, but it seriously looks like an ad. It blends into the page too well and doesn't stand out enough, so if you're not looking for it you're likely to not notice it.

This. I know it's there and I still miss it from time to time. It's not as obvious as some people think.

pigster
Dec 15, 2009

Halo 2

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lance Streetman posted:

I can understand that, I automatically gloss over ads myself.

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
I also for some reason thought the archive only allowed you to see videos if you downloaded them.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Serious Cephalopod posted:

I also for some reason thought the archive only allowed you to see videos if you downloaded them.
Nope, as the helpful banner says you can download or watch them. It's a pretty helpful archive all around and has been for years.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

http://lparchive.org/Halo-2/

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Kanfy posted:

But masterpieces such as Do You Like Horny Bunnies will forever live on in our memories.

dylhb will be with you always

but not in the lp archive

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

That's good, but I too would like to see a new one. That's now five years old, and subtitled, which seems unnecessary.

edit: but don't touch halo 1 i want that one.

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

I miss SA's scathing reviews of terrible shovelware-level hentai games. The games were awful but some of those reviews were gold. Those two threads you link require the archives upgrade though—even with broken links, are they mirrored elsewhere?

I think it was SA that got me hooked on Etrian Odyssey with a high recommendation too.

I'm about halfway through the Let's Play 20 years of Sonic by Run Button and it's been really good quality so far. I also wanted to recommend the 2007 Let's Play Legends of Grimrock by IronChitlin. It's (mostly) complete except for the last 2 levels but it's really entertaining. It's a video humorous group Let's Play and it has accordion music bits too!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I was looking at the LP archive and saw an LP of Dantes Inferno. I really liked it. Has anyone lawrencefriday done any more LPs?

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I was looking at the LP archive and saw an LP of Dantes Inferno. I really liked it. Has anyone lawrencefriday done any more LPs?

According to the masterlist, no.

http://lparchive.org/lpmaster/?stitle=&sauth=friday&splat=&sgenre=&sstatus=all&stype=all&search=Search#results

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

HeartNotes3 posted:

I also wanted to recommend the 2007 Let's Play Legends of Grimrock by IronChitlin. It's (mostly) complete except for the last 2 levels but it's really entertaining. It's a video humorous group Let's Play and it has accordion music bits too!

I wanted to echo this recommendation. I finally decided to watch it after going through the thread, and it's simply delightful. For convenience, it's located here. Though as a warning, definitely don't watch if you were hoping for something close to skilled. Half the humour comes from Chitlin's inability to manage basic tasks sometimes.

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 26, 2014

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Are there any good LPs for Banished that anybody can recommend? I get so far in the game before I start loving up and I would love to watch somebody who knows what they're doing playing for a while. I've watched a few that I've found on YouTube but every single one is just as big a gently caress up as I am, and whilst it is good fun watching somebody freak out as their villages suddenly start starving to death it doesn't help me a great deal.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
There's a Games thread for Banished, you are probably better asking for help there. Watching Banished is one of the best cures for insomnia I've found in years, so an LP that is interesting and informative is going to take more thought than you're going to find on Youtube, and nobody has done one here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
What're the best LPs between June and now.

I've been away from here for a while and I am wanting to catch up.