Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

m2pt5 posted:

I know there used to be a thread in there where every post he tried to make anywhere else in the forums got moved to.

Edit: Found it.

It's dada-esque...I can't look away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's doodoo-esque...I can't look away.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
What's with the baseball card names/avatars? Were they handed out by mods or picked out by dedicated users?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Lowtax did it

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Lowtax did it

Lowtax likes baseball

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Big Grunty Secret posted:

What's with the baseball card names/avatars? Were they handed out by mods or picked out by dedicated users?

There was a thread in GBS where you could request a name/avatar change to a baseball card that Lowtax ran for a while.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

...of SCIENCE! posted:

There was a thread in GBS where you could request a name/avatar change to a baseball card that Lowtax ran for a while.

I don't even like baseball but I wouldn't mind being changed to Dock Ellis as long as the card had vibrating colors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

So whats with all the :nallears: probations?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Geokinesis posted:

So whats with all the :nallears: probations?

Read the OP of the Gamergate thread very carefully.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would really rather not, thanks.

edit: Oh there's a new one that doesn't have a 10 paragraph long OP. Yeah ok that makes more sense now.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Oct 20, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Read the OP of the Gamergate thread very carefully.

What, and waste his time? Just ask a question in the thread and he can get a better answer!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah I hate it when people explain things in a thread about explaining things.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah I hate it when people explain things in a thread about explaining things.

I thought this was the thread for snarky dismissive answers to real questions :confused:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Snowy posted:

I thought this was the thread for snarky dismissive answers to real questions :confused:

What are you, an idiot? This is Something Awful, what do you think?

I'm sorry, this was overly aggressive and not nice, even if it was a joke.

EXAKT Science has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Oct 20, 2014

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

EXAKT Science posted:

What are you, an idiot? This is Something Awful, what do you think?

I'm sorry, this was overly aggressive and not nice, even if it was a joke.

I'm really bothered that the spoiler bar doesn't fully cover the subscript in chrome...

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Same goes for Firefox, and it is irritating.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Should be an easy CSS fix.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Kaizoku posted:

I'm really bothered that the spoiler bar doesn't fully cover the subscript in chrome...
It works if you nest the spoiler tags inside the subscript tags.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vavrek posted:

It works if you nest the spoiler tags inside the subscript tags.
Huh. Would you look at that.

It even scales in size :kimchi:
The tiniest spoiler bar.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Subjunctive posted:

Should be an easy CSS fix.

So what you're saying is that the fix will totally break the forums again?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

DrBouvenstein posted:

So what you're saying is that the fix will totally break the forums again?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If someone could tell me the story behind :goatdrugs: I'd very much appreciate it.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Could someone help me out with :barry:?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Could someone help me out with :barry:?

This one is from the D&D PoliToons thread. It's right-wing shitheel and general thread nemesis Michael Ramirez's caricature of Barack Obama, which is affectionately called "Wormbama" by the thread, due to its being more similar to an annelid than to the president. Not entirely sure why someone thought it was worth :30bux: tho.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I thought it was going to be some bizarre take on the birth of venus with some kind of alien (ears at bottom looked like the clamshells

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

EXAKT Science posted:

This one is from the D&D PoliToons thread. It's right-wing shitheel and general thread nemesis Michael Ramirez's caricature of Barack Obama, which is affectionately called "Wormbama" by the thread, due to its being more similar to an annelid than to the president. Not entirely sure why someone thought it was worth :30bux: tho.

More specifically, I believe that particular image is from the numerous times Ramirez cast Obama as Nero fiddling while the US burns, hence the leaf crown thing (I have no idea what it's called).

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

It's called a laurel. As for why somebody somebody bought it; the PoliToons thread does strange things to people.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ThingOne posted:

It's called a laurel. As for why somebody somebody bought it; the PoliToons thread does strange things to people.

That and every other Ramirez these days seems to be a drawing of Wormbama and the insistence that Oblammo is arrogant, out of touch, and pants on head stupid. The guy's entire career at the moment is just nonstop "Obama is a dummy lol."

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That and every other Ramirez these days seems to be a drawing of Wormbama and the insistence that Oblammo is arrogant, out of touch, and pants on head stupid. The guy's entire career at the moment is just nonstop "Obama is a dummy lol."

Isn't it pants on ground stupid?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Other political cartoon thread smilies are :tinsley: and :mrapig:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love poorly drawn caricatures of people in political cartoons. It's like, why do political cartoons even exist other than to be brushed over by people who don't read them? :allears:

edit: Well I guess I answered my own question, in a way they exist solely to be made fun of by non-idiots.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Garrand posted:

More specifically, I believe that particular image is from the numerous times Ramirez cast Obama as Nero fiddling while the US burns, hence the leaf crown thing (I have no idea what it's called).

It's his super thick eyebrows, which are a very defining feature of Obama's.

Along with his giant lips, ears and stick insect like figure.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Who's the guy who draws Obama with enormous triangular cheeks?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ToxicSlurpee posted:

He recently drew a plane (he loves drawing planes) with Obama's campaign logo on the side dropping a bomb labeled "ebola". Great job, Mikey! :thumbsup:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

prefect posted:

He recently drew a plane (he loves drawing planes) with Obama's campaign logo on the side dropping a bomb labeled "ebola". Great job, Mikey! :thumbsup:

The plane was labeled 'Ebola Gay'.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

fool_of_sound posted:

The plane was labeled 'Ebola Gay'.

:vince:

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Who is the fainting guy?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Who is the fainting guy?

It's the amazing Vince McMahon himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNu4HEAE5c

You can fast-forward to about 4:35 where this particular section of the skit starts if you like.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Who is the fainting guy?

um, mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Who is the fainting guy?