Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Alacron posted:

The fairy is an item, and you have to use it in its respective keep. Some stages have multiple elemental keeps but only one fairy, so you have to choose which keep to use it on. The other keep you can either eat the damage (not a big deal if you can clear it quickly), use focus spirit since that protects you from elemental keeps, or avoid that keep altogether.

As for 4 damage skulltulas, remember that those don't have time requirements like A-ranking a stage does. You can take your sweet time and play it as safe as you possibly can as long as you complete the mission and get the kills.

But the four damage IS for the entire stage, right? Not just for the time between starting and completing the first mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

BottledBodhisvata posted:

But the four damage IS for the entire stage, right? Not just for the time between starting and completing the first mission?

Once you've caused the skulltula to spawn, you can take as much damage as you want.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's until you grab the skulltulla. Once you have it, you can take as much damage as you want (short of dying, obviously).

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

It's until you meet the skulltulla conditions, which is complete the first mission or 1200 kills -- whichever comes last. After that you can take however much damage you want as long as you don't die.

E:

Alacron posted:

you can take as much damage as you want.

Steelion posted:

Once you have it, you can take as much damage as you want (short of dying, obviously).

I get this odd feeling I'm part of a hivemind of some sort.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

What do I do on the first Master Quest weapon reward map. There's butterflies and a rock in some water flashing, and the enemies must be revealed.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

The Duke posted:

What do I do on the first Master Quest weapon reward map. There's butterflies and a rock in some water flashing, and the enemies must be revealed.

Use a harp on the butterflies and a waterbomb on the rock.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

For some reason I thought it would be trickier than just using 3 items for their intended purpose

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
A thing I noticed on Ganodorfs lvl 3 weapon mission, is that it is extremly lenient when it comes to damage.
I had just shy of 10k and got an A rank.

Also, I have the nagging feeling that damage is actually a function of how many hearts you have, so you can afford to lose more health if you got more hearts.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bicyclops posted:

Beat a few easy levels and the hookshot will regenerate. I feel your pain; I used the ladder on the wrong raft the first time. :argh:

Mildly concerning but I just finished about 5 different missions and it's still not on the map.

Man did I seriously screw myself over on this?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mildly concerning but I just finished about 5 different missions and it's still not on the map.

Man did I seriously screw myself over on this?

Try rerunning the hookshot mission itself a few times.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

There might be a network link on that level, which changes the reward? I'm pretty sure that's the reason I had no ladder on my map for two whole weeks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

W.T. Fits posted:

Try rerunning the hookshot mission itself a few times.

Would if I could remember which spaces had a hookshot, I have nearly the entire map open to me :negative:

Suaimhneas posted:

There might be a network link on that level, which changes the reward? I'm pretty sure that's the reason I had no ladder on my map for two whole weeks.

Nope. I'm literally grinding items for the map trying to get one to appear.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 21, 2014

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What worked for me for a raft or ladder, was doing a space adjacent to where one originally was. Granted that doesn't help a ton if you can't remember what square it was in.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
On the normal map the ladder took freaking forever to respawn for me

Slowly making my way through Level 3 weapons while interspersing master quest levels for costumes and easy smashing (for now).
Unlocked L3s for Fi, Midna, and Zelda's Rapier last night - still have Darunia and Ruto, and then the corner with Zant and Agatha blocking the L3 Baton and Fairy, as well as the L3 Gate, which I still struggle to use

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
So I managed to get Ruto's level 3 on my second try. She's so good. Now to try and get the second skulltula :suicide: Hopefully this time I can find it on my first try and not have to four damage it three times.

In other news, how do you do Zants level 2? Got the hang of crazy meter and infinite spinning, but Moblins always take over allied keep before I can kill them all. And there's no safe spot to park Zant in so I can use Midna to kill everything :v:.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Would if I could remember which spaces had a hookshot, I have nearly the entire map open to me :negative:

Nope. I'm literally grinding items for the map trying to get one to appear.

You're that far into the Master Quest map? Holy poo poo do I have some catching up to do!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bicyclops posted:

You're that far into the Master Quest map? Holy poo poo do I have some catching up to do!

Insomnia and a long weekend will do that. Friend of mines got most of it done already, no idea how.

If it makes you feel better I'm still missing Agitha and Zant's tier 3's from the original map

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Making progress in Master Quest has been a lot easier than Adventure for me since all of my vanilla characters were level 50-60 with rank 3 weapons when I started and I had enough bankroll to train Cia, Volga and Wizzro to level 40 off the bat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

Making progress in Master Quest has been a lot easier than Adventure for me since all of my vanilla characters were level 50-60 with rank 3 weapons when I started and I had enough bankroll to train Cia, Volga and Wizzro to level 40 off the bat.

I have them at 38 and my next lowest level person, Zant, is at 42. I'm really looking forward to when the three of them catch up so I can start slowly leveling everyone to 50 (which, so far, only Link has hit).

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009
I found the devastating attacks map with little Imprisoned captains last night. That is a cathartic level.

Link's level 3 sword mission was not prepared for me to bring a 4 star Chain Chomp. That weapon causes it to rain Rupees to the point that it actually chokes my framerate. Now I'm slowly working my way up to unlock the Summoning Gate. Master Quest DLC still seems so far off.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So, the next DLC is out in mid November, right? Basically one a month til Feb?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

So, the next DLC is out in mid November, right? Basically one a month til Feb?

It skips December, but otherwise yeah.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Zertoss posted:

Link's level 3 sword mission was not prepared for me to bring a 4 star Chain Chomp. That weapon causes it to rain Rupees to the point that it actually chokes my framerate.

I've got something similar with an assortment of five star Magic Rods. My first first five star Magic Rod dropped with 6 slots, five of them filled with Strength II, Strength III, Strength IV, Strength V, and Fire+. I threw a Strong Attack+ on there as well, which added with Fire+ makes the strong attack a pretty bitchin' crowd clearer. I've dubbed it my progression rod.

The second five star Magic Rod came loaded with every drop modifier. Rupees+, Materials+, Stars+, Slots+, and Hearts+. It's my farming rod.

I use the Progression Rod for any stage that lets me use Link, and I use the Farming Rod for just loving around. Progression Rod's BBY chews through just about anything from captains to generals, and BBBBY is pretty much an instant keep clearer. It really has just about trivialized a good many levels I've gotten to use it on.

I remember when I first got the Fire Rod, I told myself that it really sucked and I'd probably never use it. Now, I can't really get used to using anything else :/

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/524575899753410560

The Link amiibo will do something in Hyrule Warriors.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Activating it while playing as Cia will make her ecstatic and get boosted morale. :v:

e: btw, my nnid is SubNat, I'll have to take a round adding you people at some point, though.

Only gotten 1 person repeatedly as a network link, I think I've earned that guy 150,000 rupees atleast.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 21, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Wild Knight posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/524575899753410560

The Link amiibo will do something in Hyrule Warriors.

I was already leaning towards getting the Link one from the first set. Guess it's settled now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hope the thing which the Amiibos do is basically cheating and making things easier so I can beat the hard tiles with swarms of Sheild Moblins, like my friend Link, who is strong, will show up and help me out when the going gets tough.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Bicyclops posted:

I hope the thing which the Amiibos do is basically cheating and making things easier so I can beat the hard tiles with swarms of Sheild Moblins, like my friend Link, who is strong, will show up and help me out when the going gets tough.

Even when your friends abandon you and every aspect of your life is falling apart around you, at least Link will be there to help and protect you. I think that's the lesson I've picked up here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

Even when your friends abandon you and every aspect of your life is falling apart around you, at least Link will be there to help and protect you. I think that's the lesson I've picked up here.

Don't tell Cia that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Nintendo if I can't plonk Wario in the middle of a battlefield to fight along giant sword-wielding ninja lady and not-Hatsune Miku and the enormous man with enormouser swords I don't even want to know you.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

RyokoTK posted:

Until the real Link comes, stabs your shadow Links in the face, and then stabs you in the face.

such depth, goty 2014.

(I'm kind of hoping since it's the Smash Link amiibo, not like they're making a HW Link amiibo, that linking it to HW downloads something to the figure and then linking it back to Smash unlocks HW costumes in Smash.

Unlikely, but I would literally kill to get the HW designs in Smash Bros)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

At some point I got a rank 2 Epona drop with 4 stars, Strong Attack+, Strength V, and Materials+. It is amazing just running through hundreds of enemies and tearing them apart, and a lot of Captains just get infinite juggled by that YYYYX combo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really hope they start clarifying information about the Amiibos soon. There was a lot of talk awhile back how they'll require you to erase the save data from one game to interact with another, that the Smash Brothers data takes up so much space it can't store anything else, yadda yadda, and if that is true it will be bad, because I want my Nintendo friend to come along with me on a journey in all the games, not just one.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I haven't gotten a LV2 Epona yet, but my third drop ever was a 5-star LV3 with 7 slot. I love that Epona's LV3 is the OG--uh, OH--from OoT.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

In a perfect world Ghirahim will have a no coat costume and Impa comes with Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time alts.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

After seeing amiibo I just imagined Darunia getting a Dedede skin and it works so well. Instead of a meteor it's a giant gordo, the spin with the hammer could be a little faster (but end sooner or something) for his jet hammer etc.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Agitha becomes a Villager
Midna is Duck Hunt Dog

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Agitha becomes a Villager
Midna is Duck Hunt Dog

Midna is the ducks, actually, the dog is the brainless summoned wolf.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
I managed to get lucky after my first successful attempt at the first rewards map and got a 2 star, tier 3 Epona with Strength 4 and a sealed skill with the same 25,000 KOs and "You need to unlock the power of Evil's Bane before KOs count towards this" requirement the Master Sword has, doubt it's the same skill as Evil's Bane though. I haven't finished the standard Adventure Mode map because I took a break between when Smash came out and the DLC hit, so I don't have the means to figure out what the skill is yet.

I am loving Epona, though. Just being able to juggle enemy officers while dragging them along with you is worth the price of admission. The two huge AoE stomps from her C4 hit really hard, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Truxton posted:

I managed to get lucky after my first successful attempt at the first rewards map and got a 2 star, tier 3 Epona with Strength 4 and a sealed skill with the same 25,000 KOs and "You need to unlock the power of Evil's Bane before KOs count towards this" requirement the Master Sword has, doubt it's the same skill as Evil's Bane though. I haven't finished the standard Adventure Mode map because I took a break between when Smash came out and the DLC hit, so I don't have the means to figure out what the skill is yet.

I have three or four of those 25,000 unlock skills, mostly on weaksauce weapons, and I'm dying to know what all of them do!

• Locked thread