Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Varlamov already on IR.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Diet Crack posted:

Varlamov already on IR.

:suicide:

I was on the add/drop screen for Berra just as Turris wrecked into him.

DRAFTING PICKARD ROY, BABY!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I also just lost Dupuis taking my IR list to 4 in the HHL.

This is going loving swimmingly.

e: I picked up Berra too, then he got injured. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 17, 2014

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
why
why
why would varlamov have to be injured at the end of my head-to-head against someone who owns him

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Anyone else notice how yahoo got rid of the popout news windows when you click on the notes next to a players name? It's infuriating and makes me miss the old yahoo pages so much more.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Diet Crack posted:

Anyone else notice how yahoo got rid of the popout news windows when you click on the notes next to a players name? It's infuriating and makes me miss the old yahoo pages so much more.

Oh I was wondering if my browser was on the fritz. That is inexplicable if they removed that, gotta be a bug or something on their part. I bet it comes back.

Also I have both Gabrovski and Dupuis on my team, sigh. Hope they're ok.

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

Diet Crack posted:

Happened to me too, found something on Reddit that seems to suggest it's an Adblock thing. Here's the fix, worked for me.

http://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/2jdmxd/yahoo_is_anyone_else_getting_redirected_to_their/clb2ka6

If you don't see the "Show the Resource list" option, go into Adblock's options and make sure "I'm an Advanced user show me advanced blahblah" is checked.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ah thankyou, nice find. I just assumed they were loving around with the website or something.

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

deadEd posted:

Happened to me too, found something on Reddit that seems to suggest it's an Adblock thing. Here's the fix, worked for me.

http://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/2jdmxd/yahoo_is_anyone_else_getting_redirected_to_their/clb2ka6

If you don't see the "Show the Resource list" option, go into Adblock's options and make sure "I'm an Advanced user show me advanced blahblah" is checked.

I might be special. Is this your filter? Slightly different than the football example:

code:
@@||l.yimg.com/rq/darla/2-6-7/js/g-r-min.js$domain=hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
I don't have any domain information in mine (since I play Football and Baseball on Yahoo as well), but otherwise yeah that's it. I also didn't set it manually, just used the lazier option through the interface on every page that the popup didn't work on. I think I had to set it twice overall to make it work on all of my teams.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Howard on IR

Varlamov on IR

McElhinney hurt.

Ok, it's up to you...Justin Peters...

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

I've got a bit of a problem with my D in the BMC.

Franson went down early and I picked up Enström, and now that Franson is back, I have to drop someone. Obviously Hedman and Keith are untouchable and the decision is between Enström, Franson and Lindholm. I'm gravitating a bit towards cutting Franson because Lindholm should put up points nicely and not take such a beating on +/-. Who would you guys drop?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'd drop Franson.

Thanks to what I can only assume was a meltdown by Mike Richards, I ended up winning PIM's by one, so thanks Mike!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
7th in HHL and 1st in LSL after one week, which likely means my teams have peaked because mine almost inevitably fall apart and I end up in the middle. My LSL team also had a ridiculously good start to the season and I doubt they'll be this good every week.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

larkko posted:

I've got a bit of a problem with my D in the BMC.

Franson went down early and I picked up Enström, and now that Franson is back, I have to drop someone. Obviously Hedman and Keith are untouchable and the decision is between Enström, Franson and Lindholm. I'm gravitating a bit towards cutting Franson because Lindholm should put up points nicely and not take such a beating on +/-. Who would you guys drop?

If you're trying to get hits and blocked shots you can't really drop Franson.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Veskit posted:

If you're trying to get hits and blocked shots you can't really drop Franson.
None of those matter in the league, which I should have stated up front. Only G, A, Pts, +/-, Pim, ppp and gwg's. Since Franson should give me some decent points but also absolutely murder me on +/-, he seems to be the odd man out.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I accidentally closed the drafting window, and when I logged back in, I autodrafted Mason Raymond. So far, he has been a pretty great accident.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

7th in HHL and 1st in LSL after one week, which likely means my teams have peaked because mine almost inevitably fall apart and I end up in the middle. My LSL team also had a ridiculously good start to the season and I doubt they'll be this good every week.

Yeah my jaw pretty much hit the floor looking at your +/- in relation to the rest of the league. Plus the weeks that Hedman/Hiller(!) had, I was basically resigned to getting trashed.

Thread question: should I even bother starting Scrivens when Edmonton is playing Tampa? I feel like Stamkos is just going to score 4 goals and tank my goaltending for the rest of the week.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

Thread question: should I even bother starting Scrivens when Edmonton is playing Tampa? I feel like Stamkos is just going to score 4 goals and tank my goaltending for the rest of the week.

It depends on who your other goalie is, how many minimum starts your league has, and how likely you are to match your minimum starts without this start. I would pass on Scrivens, because while Edmonton will probably not continue giving up 5 GPG, who knows when that time will come?

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Went 9-2 to open LOLHL in first place so I've already peaked, looking forward to finishing last by the end of it. Losing Hedman is going to hurt a lot in addition to Maroon being out. Now Voynov is out as well and I picked up Heatley to get that precious Winger-Playing-With-Getzlaf-and-Perry position back in hopefully a week since someone snagged Beleskey. I'm using my roster spots smartly because I am the smartest.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I lost Hedman and Statsny in my league so picked up Blake Nelson and Filip Forsberg. My FWs are in a sad state :(

Any good options for a decent D-man who can help me with PIMs? I was thinking Gudas but he seems hurt.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

It depends on who your other goalie is, how many minimum starts your league has, and how likely you are to match your minimum starts without this start. I would pass on Scrivens, because while Edmonton will probably not continue giving up 5 GPG, who knows when that time will come?

I have Lehtonen and Lindback, so I've got all of Dallas' starts for the week covered and I need to start 3 in LSL. Edmonton plays Carolina later in the week so I could spot-start him and hope Eakins doesn't screw with me, or I could just start everyone and see what happens! :v:

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

Can someone teach me how roto leagues work? Right now I'm crushing with a GAA of 1.6 and SV% of .940. Can I just stop playing goalies and stay at the cushy top?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

DeNofa posted:

Can someone teach me how roto leagues work? Right now I'm crushing with a GAA of 1.6 and SV% of .940. Can I just stop playing goalies and stay at the cushy top?

Probably not worth the trade off to finish last in W and SO.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I would pass on Scrivens, because while Edmonton will probably not continue giving up 5 GPG, who knows when that time will come?

You win some, you lose some.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I was beating you for most of the matchup in the HHL, but I'm currently on vacation in Europe with little wifi access and made the mistake of setting my lineups last week with Steve Mason starting every chance. Why the hell did I keeper him? Shameful stuff.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Oh God help me I don't know what I'm doing. Trading (my) Carey Price for (his) Gustav Nyquist and Joe Pavelski is a horrible idea isn't it?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

You win some, you lose some.

Yeah this is what I get for overthinking things after getting burned last week. My typical solution is to just roll everyone and see what happens.

bowser posted:

Oh God help me I don't know what I'm doing. Trading (my) Carey Price for (his) Gustav Nyquist and Joe Pavelski is a horrible idea isn't it?

They're both probably 25-30 goal guys, probably not 40+ goal guys like their boxcars last year suggest. If you have ample goaltending and need scoring it makes sense, but don't expect more than ~65 points from each if you don't want to be disappointed.

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 21, 2014

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Currently sitting 11-0 against my new matchup in LOLHL.

:smugdog:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

MagicCube posted:

I was beating you for most of the matchup in the HHL, but I'm currently on vacation in Europe with little wifi access and made the mistake of setting my lineups last week with Steve Mason starting every chance. Why the hell did I keeper him? Shameful stuff.

I wouldn't feel shame for keeping Mason. He cost you $2 to keep, and looking over your final roster from last year, you really didn't have anyone else worth keeping. Maybe Voracek, but he ended costing less than he did last year because people were conserving their money more than usual. Actually, I just realized that you were one of these people who didn't try spending a lot.

If you want shame, I kept Perron over Schwartz. It's only been a handful of games, but oh man, I am starting to look like quite the fool.

bowser posted:

Depends on how much goalies are worth in your league. How many teams are in your league? What goalies are left on the WW? Who is your second goalie? Your third? Who are your top forwards?

Price is a top tier fantasy starter, and you are giving him up for two good, dependable goal scorers. I agree with Koopa, in that you should expect them to score 25-30 with ~60 points, rather than 40 goal scorers with ~70 points. So it really depends on your league.

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah this is what I get for overthinking things after getting burned last week. My typical solution is to just roll everyone and see what happens.

I do this for the first month of the season. Sometimes it screws me (I drafted Dubnyk as my #1 last year, Cam Ward the year before), but I probably drafted them for a reason even if it doesn't work out.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Thanks for the advice guys! It's a 10 person league with wins, goals against average, save percentage, and shutouts measured for the goalies. Other than Price I've got James Reimer and Brian Elliot, so yeah, giving up Price seems like a bad idea. I'm gonna go ahead and decline the trade.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

haha yeah, probably for the best.

e: Why the gently caress is Gaborik DTD and not on IR, guy hasn't played since opening night :argh: There's not even any information on what his injury is.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 22, 2014

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Apparently Visnovsky's coming back, so I need to drop a dman. Does anyone have strong thoughts on who I should keep between DeKeyser and Merrill? Pretty similar stats in 6 games thus far, both playing 20 minutes a night. I'm pretty sure they both play 2nd unit PP.

I'm leaning Merrill, as he might have some upside left in him somewhere and Detroit's GF and Shots/Game has been the pits thus far.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Howard on IR

Varlamov on IR

McElhinney hurt.

Ok, it's up to you...Justin Peters...

Look man, I'm riding Khudobin, Ward, and Hutton in LSL right now

Things could be worse

e: also I'm still learning how any of this fantasy stuff works but Coatsey's Corner is mounting a comeback now!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Holy poo poo I'm losing face-offs 76 to 5 in HHL.

e: And I've got more goals than hits this week.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Someone dropped Brock Nelson in my league, should I drop Strome to pick him up? Or is his cooling off period gonna be the standard?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

Someone dropped Brock Nelson in my league, should I drop Strome to pick him up? Or is his cooling off period gonna be the standard?

Looks like they're linemates right now so I'm not sure how much it would matter if you're looking for scoring. Also Nelson's shooting 40% right now, you'd basically be buying high on a dude riding a streak.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Haha something screwed up on Rotoworld's injury reporting stuff as far as I can tell because it says Hedman and Maroon both returned to action yesterday. Also Voynov was apparently reinstated from his suspension too! Good news for my team! :v:

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I've got Anderson / Gibson and lundqvist now. Is it stupid to drop Gibson and pick up kuemper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
team whatever LSL continuing to roll baby

• Locked thread