Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

RatHat posted:

You could just read it. The ending is looking to not be very good but overall Naruto is still an entertaining manga.

You'll enjoy it more when you don't have to wait week-to-week. Frustrating bits are done quicker, and there are some decent length runs of fun and quality content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Final panel is gonna be that dumb lonely swing scene again but panned out to show sasuke and naruto playing or kissing or whatever in the sandbox. Kishi loves that swing.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So with that new series not having Kishi involved, it really is going to be Naruto GT, then, isn't it, right down to the uninvolvement of the original creator. But Naruto got so much worse than DBZ did at the end that I wonder if Naruto GT will be better or worse.

*Translators note: keikaku means plan

If only there was a real english word to convey the meaning of a preprepared notion. :(

I thought that Naruto GT was a joke. Is there a link to more information?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Darth TNT posted:

I thought that Naruto GT was a joke. Is there a link to more information?

It is a joke, but one that has a chance of becoming real.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

It seems you don't realize who the real mastermind is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Naruto legitimately had even an eighth of the subtext that suggests, it wouldn't be the steamer it is today.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Aurain posted:

If Naruto legitimately had even an eighth of the subtext that suggests, it wouldn't be the steamer it is today.

Please TL; DR it for the good of the thread.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

An image of Crusader Kings 2 with the subtitle "muh eugenics!", I approve. It's a great read actually, especially if you can recognize the CK2 trait symbols the author gives the different characters.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Please TL; DR it for the good of the thread.
Hinata's dad person has secretly trying to get Naruto and Hinata together so they can make a super baby and make the Hyuga clan the strongest.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The worst part about this dumb fight between two idiots is that Naruto should completely outclass Sasuke. Naruto was already figuratively ninja jesus with all his crazy powers and then became literal ninja jesus with the most recent power up, whereas Sasuke was getting his poo poo kicked in right up until getting the rinnegan but now theyre equal because eyes are bullshit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

KoB posted:

The worst part about this dumb fight between two idiots is that Naruto should completely outclass Sasuke. Naruto was already figuratively ninja jesus with all his crazy powers and then became literal ninja jesus with the most recent power up, whereas Sasuke was getting his poo poo kicked in right up until getting the rinnegan but now theyre equal because eyes are bullshit.

The demons, Kyuubi were all sealed away by Sasuke, Naruto only has a portion of the Kyuubi and other demons in him. He's running near empty, while Sasuke is at near full power, and just in this most recent chapter he just absorbed the 9 demon's powers into himself, Also Sharingan and Rinnegan. Sasuke very much should be stronger than Naruto after all of that.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dexo posted:

The demons, Kyuubi were all sealed away by Sasuke, Naruto only has a portion of the Kyuubi and other demons in him. He's running near empty, while Sasuke is at near full power, and just in this most recent chapter he just absorbed the 9 demon's powers into himself, Also Sharingan and Rinnegan. Sasuke very much should be stronger than Naruto after all of that.

Good God, do something, Sakura!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Good God, do something, Sakura!

I mean, she could show up and instantly be killed I suppose. but that doesn't seem very useful.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dexo posted:

I mean, she could show up and instantly be killed I suppose. but that doesn't seem very useful.

I meant something like use Katsuyu's remote healing to somehow wake up everyone in the universe to line up and kick Sasuke in the balls.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

This was wonderful.

Dexo posted:

It could make Naruto go crazy like when Hinata got skewered by Pain.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
What should happen is that she breaks everyone out of the genjutsu, because we've been told she has an oddly specific talent for breaking out of genjutsus which I'm not sure has ever been used in a significant way. But of course it's Sakura so they will probably just blow it off.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sakura should just punch everyone really hard.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dexo posted:

Considering that he just loaded up the equivalent of two ninja Spirit Bombs (with Sage chakra nonetheless, which we know is the one thing that can affect someone who's essentially the SotSP), he might be able to still kick Sasuke's rear end.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So I've been staying out of this thread for a while as part of my rehab, after realising I was some kind of insane Naruto posting maniac when I didn't even really enjoy the manga anymore. For a fun fact, I checked the top posters for this thread on a whim once and I was still the top, despite having been gone for six months. :suicide:

In reflection, although I enjoyed zombie Madara's insane trolling of everyone for a while, the manga really nosedived into hell around the time Obito's mask shattered. I still enjoyed Naruto, overall, and I still think it's genuinely great for most of it's run but golly gee the endng is loving atrocious and I'm glad it's nearly over. Why did Kaguya have to exist?

How's everyone else feeling, this close to the end? Happy? Tired? Angry?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Isn't Naruto rockin' the other half of the Kyuubi that he usually does since Obito crammed it back in him just before Naruto died?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Prison Warden posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone still left is reading solely to see how it will end.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I'm bewildered. Looking back at how Naruto began, and then where it is now... Holy powercreep, Batman! It's almost like reading about a kMMO's lifecycle. :eyepop:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Gyges posted:

Isn't Naruto rockin' the other half of the Kyuubi that he usually does since Obito crammed it back in him just before Naruto died?

The 4th gave his half to Naruto when Naruto was beastless and dying, yeah. I don't think it's been undone but since I don't actually know what the gently caress happened in the whole Kaguya fiasco I could easily be wrong.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

It's gonna be kinda weird every week not reading a Naruto chapter. I've read this since high school and I've graduated college not too long ago so it's been my weekly ritual of sorts for almost a decade.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

antavila posted:

It's gonna be kinda weird every week not reading a Naruto chapter. I've read this since high school and I've graduated college not too long ago so it's been my weekly ritual of sorts for almost a decade.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Although I stopped watching the anime a long time ago, I've followed the manga since high school, through college and beyond and generally enjoyed it. Ultimately it's just the top Shonen manga that got popular in America for my generation. It's filling DBZ's shoes, and something will come along to take its place in the next year or so I'm sure. Now that anime and manga have properly caught on here, compared to the 90's/early 2000's, I'm hopeful for the future and I hope that other manga in the genre become international hits in their own right. I can't pretend that it's high art or anything, but it's been a fun ride, and I don't think it really deserves the negative sentiment it, or its fanbase, gets (Narutard and all that).

I do think that the manga peaked with the Pain fight, or just before the rallying of all ninjas against Madara, but there's never really been an issue that I regretted reading. Maybe it's because I was indoctrinated, or because it's so associated with my childhood that I don't analyze things and just accept that Kaguya's just popped out of nowhere and now it's wacky dimension hopping time.

So yep, fun ride. I hope Kishimoto does something similar to what the Full Metal Alchemist author did and just goes into a completely different genre, rather than trying to catch lightning in the bottle again. Maybe he can make the cooking manga Naruto was supposed to be.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

NowonSA posted:

So yep, fun ride. I hope Kishimoto does something similar to what the Full Metal Alchemist author did and just goes into a completely different genre, rather than trying to catch lightning in the bottle again. Maybe he can make the cooking manga Naruto was supposed to be.

Or the mafia manga he talked about so long ago.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

It is a joke, but one that has a chance of becoming real.

Joke's on me then. :)

alkanphel posted:

Or the mafia manga he talked about so long ago.

The 9 tails meth lab.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I'm also bewildered, but for different reasons. I feel like Naruto started to decline in quality after the time skip and just never stopped. I can't think of another work of fiction that managed to keep getting worse and worse for such an extended period of time.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Wittgen posted:

I'm also bewildered, but for different reasons. I feel like Naruto started to decline in quality after the time skip and just never stopped. I can't think of another work of fiction that managed to keep getting worse and worse for such an extended period of time.

But post-time skip gave us Killer Bee, and therefore you are objectively wrong.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Unponderable posted:

But post-time skip gave us Killer Bee, and therefore you are objectively wrong.

And the Raiger Bomb, and Male Harem no-jutsu.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Wittgen posted:

I agree, but after a decade+ I have to say that after going to utter poo poo steadily ever since the time skip, it did sort of reedem itself after Naruto joined the ninja world war...
This "third part", while terribly written, at least kept me coming back every week, somehow, to see how over the top and crazy/stupid things can get, what heights of asspullery could be gotten away with.

Basicaly I bought into Nagato's "Part I was kinda weird, but rad. Part II was stupid as hell. But Part III is where retarded poo poo will REALLY go down." speech. :v:

Spidder fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 22, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

If this was true, everything up to this point would be absolutely worth it. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 22, 2014

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
Oh god I can just picture the last 15 years.

"Hey HEY did you hear about the latest mission Hinata went on they were looking for some rare beetle or something and you wouldn't believe what-"
"It's filler Hiashi, it doesn't count"
"What? gently caress"

"Hey! Hey Hinata so how was your mission? I bet you & Naruto had a lot of time to talk during all that time you were looking for Sasuke"
"Actually we didn't exchange a single word"
"Dammit"

"I hear that today you finally saw Naruto for the first time after 2.5 years! How did it go?"
"I fainted and now he's away on some mission on a bridge"
"God loving dammit"

"Hey Hiashi I hear the new Team 7 sensei is making suggestive comments about how the pink-haired girl in tights from Naruto's team is totally into him but in denial"
"Really? You don't say"
Hyuuga_Mastermind@DellPC$> ./kishi_script_backdoor.py -a reduce_relevance --onset=gradual --degree==moderate --delay=200 --targets=Yamato,Sakura

"HEY GUYS DID YOU HEAR? He said he can see she is strong in her eyes right after she could tell he wasn't a fake because--"
"Jesus christ shut the gently caress up Hiashi"

"Oh Jeeze guys I am SO HYPED UP about this 'Road to Ninja' movie, it features an alternate universe version of my daughter who may actually get her act together"
"nope lol it's just more teases about how badly Naruto wants to bang Sakura"
Hyuuga_Mastermind@DellPC$> ./kishi_script_backdoor.py -a reduce_relevance --onset=immediate --degree==brutal --delay=0 --targets=Sakura --undo_characterization==True

"YES! The hand-holdening has commenced! It is happening! My will be done!"
"Sir, Naruto is making jokes about how Sakura is totally his girlfriend"
"Crap, run the debase Sakura script again"
"Sir it's saying something about a 'maximum debasement reached' error"
"...Fine, just leave the god drat thing alone"

"Ooh ok this fight has gone on forever but I can't wait to see what happens when my daughter finally wakes up and sees Naruto right in front of her, this is going to be great"
"Sir we have word that the manga is ending in 5 chapters and 4.99 of those are going to be about Naruto failing to come to terms with the fact that Sasuke is a giant bastard"
"...What about the remaining 0.01?"
"Sir I hear it's going to be a giant rasengan"
*Hiashi destroys nearby chair by hitting its most vital pressure point*

"My fellow Hyuuga. While Hiashi is away from the room, let me say this: it's been an odd, awkward, and sometimes emotionally painful ride, but one way or the other, we are finally through with having to hear about Hiashi's ridiculous `master plan` all the drat time. It'll take a month, or a year, but in time he'll finally shut up about it and come to terms with the fact that from the very beginning, absolutely no one that matters cared about his pipe dream on any conceivable level. It is on this bittersweet note that I would like to conclude--"
"HEY!! OH MY GOD EVERYONE GREAT NEWS!!! LOOK AT THE POSTER! LOOK AT THE SCARF!! DON'T YOU SEE IT? DON'T YOU SEE IT?!?!"

Triple Elation fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 22, 2014

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Many years ago, Hiashi abducted Sakura and conditioned her to be utterly useless so his daughter wouldn't look so bad in comparison.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PiedPiper posted:

Many years ago, Hiashi abducted Sakura and conditioned her to be utterly useless so his daughter wouldn't look so bad in comparison.

So, before the start of the manga then.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So, once Neezus has finished stomping The Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes via the power of friendship, which manga should I go read instead?

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Say Nothing posted:

So, once Neezus has finished stomping The Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes via the power of friendship, which manga should I go read instead?

Bleach :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No, don't.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bleach will probably be alright when you can read it beginning to end at your own pace.

I'd say "pretty good" but then I remember right in the middle there's a fullbring of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Say Nothing posted:

Three little words: One Punch Man.

• Locked thread