Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Well, yeah, I'm guessing Norman's not Miles' actual father, and that, if he's referring to himself, it's in the same way that he's Peter's father. Which is why it felt samey. Not that anything they did with Miles' actual dad would be that big of a deal. He's not really much of a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well now I guess I see what people were complaining about with Ultimate becoming too much like 616. Jesus, the revolving door is in full effect so much that Osborn literally can't stay down!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair that is how its always has been.

People just really wanted it to be something different so they just made excuses for when it happened.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I think the reason I don't like Osborn always coming back is because his death was really loving good. It doesn't quite make it a meaningless story, because he's still being written well. But his Ultimate death was really a good way to end his character.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Which one?

The one after he kills his son is the best by far.

DOSM is probably the worst.

The rest are meh.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Which one?

The one after he kills his son is the best by far.

DOSM is probably the worst.

The rest are meh.

The first. I wouldn't even consider DOSM an actual death. Doesn't he grin in like the final loving panel or something?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
His death in DOSM isn't even the best villain death in that issue. (That's May shooting Electro like a boss to protect her little boy.)

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
^^

Electro also seems to have comic book immortality since he comes back to face Miles, only to be shot a bunch AGAIN.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

All New Ultimates ends in January, so we're down to USM as the only Ultimate book left.

I wonder if they'll launch anything new or just leave the Universe to Miles until Bendis is done?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Miles is getting folded into 616 after Crisis on A Few Thousand Remaining Earths.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Miles is getting folded into 616 after Crisis on A Few Thousand Remaining Earths.

Says who? I'd be surprised. Even Marvel must be well aware that Miles' popularity is at least partly because he exists separate from the 616, and has his own strong, well established, supporting cast. People have been saying this for ages, I just can't see it happening?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should move the Ultimate line to digital only and give it to upcoming creators to freely play with while keeping USM as Bendis' baby for him to write till he dies.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should move the Ultimate line to digital only and give it to upcoming creators to freely play with while keeping USM as Bendis' baby for him to write till he dies.
This would probably be a great move for Marvel. It's worked out pretty well for DC. It might be enough to reinvigorate the line.

Given how on the ball the trades dept. at Marvel works, they could have a DIGITAL UCSM of the first arc out by the time they're starting the second.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

For it to actually be successful Marvel would have to lower the price for the books down to at least 2.99 as it's just going to get cancelled faster at 3.99/4.99 digital only.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Just drive a truck of money to Bagley's house so they can churn out UCSM 2-3 times a month like they used to when USM first started out.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

Just drive a truck of money to Bagley's house so they can churn out UCSM 2-3 times a month like they used to when USM first started out.

Current artist is so much better though. Speed or quality? Tough choice.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Is Ultimate Spider-Man Marvel's Crisis?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

krakagar posted:

Says who? I'd be surprised. Even Marvel must be well aware that Miles' popularity is at least partly because he exists separate from the 616, and has his own strong, well established, supporting cast. People have been saying this for ages, I just can't see it happening?

No it's totally going to happen, right after the reboot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Dude's loving tired of drawing Spider-man. You know he almost didn't take the USM gig because he was still sick of the character from his Amazing days?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Dude's loving tired of drawing Spider-man. You know he almost didn't take the USM gig because he was still sick of the character from his Amazing days?

Yeah but his Spidey is too good. Bagley Spidey is right there with Romita Sr. and Ditko Spidey for me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I didn't think his art was particularly great during his USM days. It was serviceable, I guess, but it had bad stylization. Who I'd like to see back is Immonen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

Yeah but his Spidey is too good. Bagley Spidey is right there with Romita Sr. and Ditko Spidey for me.

I agree 100% but the dude is tired and done with Spider-man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I agree 100% but the dude is tired and done with Spider-man.

And he can rest for a few years. But I better get another long Spidey run from him eventually. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

And he can rest for a few years. But I better get another long Spidey run from him eventually. :colbert:

I'm really shocked he hasn't rolled over to DC again since he's such good pals with JR Jr.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
With USM being the only Ultimate title left perhaps it would make more sense to close the thread and move the discussion to the general Spider-Man thread?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Senjuro posted:

With USM being the only Ultimate title left perhaps it would make more sense to close the thread and move the discussion to the general Spider-Man thread?

I assume that some new ones will be announced soon.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
At this point just use Spider-Verse as the imprint/banner and use it to loosely attach alternative universe Spider-powered books for Miles, Gwen and maybe that awesome SP//dr book if you could get Gerard Way on board for a mini.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kaleidoscope posted:

At this point just use Spider-Verse as the imprint/banner and use it to loosely attach alternative universe Spider-powered books for Miles, Gwen and maybe that awesome SP//dr book if you could get Gerard Way on board for a mini.

That's a pretty great idea. We could get a MayDay mini once every few years!

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA Like that would happnen.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

That's a pretty great idea. We could get a MayDay mini once every few years!

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA Like that would happnen.

I'll be surprised if Slott doesn't have her brutally killed as a "gently caress you" to people, because he's a petty rear end in a top hat hack.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

I'll be surprised if Slott doesn't have her brutally killed as a "gently caress you" to people, because he's a petty rear end in a top hat hack.

Well he did (spoilers for latest ASM 9 issue) kill off her universe's Peter Parker and heavily implied that MJ died as well.

Beaver Patrol
Sep 25, 2005
If this means Miles isn't Spider-Man anymore, and that Peter is back to being the Ultimate Universe Spidey, I'm done with this universe. The entire run has been poorly paced, kinda mediocre stories, but to not even give Miles a good story that isn't just a lead up to something else before bringing back Peter? What a waste of a character.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I honestly doubt that they would rename the comic into "Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-man" only for the very first arc to force him into not being Spider-man. At worst he'll be not-Spidey for a few issues until they realize that, for some reason or another, only he can be Spider-man now.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Beaver Patrol posted:

If this means Miles isn't Spider-Man anymore, and that Peter is back to being the Ultimate Universe Spidey, I'm done with this universe. The entire run has been poorly paced, kinda mediocre stories, but to not even give Miles a good story that isn't just a lead up to something else before bringing back Peter? What a waste of a character.

Best jump to a conclusion based one one out of context teaser pic, just to be on the safe side. It's like some of you have never even read comics before.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Also I guess Miles can fly now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're going to rename it Miles Morales: Ultimate(r) Carol Danvers.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
More misleading imagery:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Threep posted:

More misleading imagery:

At this point I want it all to end.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh no, looks like some kind of cataclysm is about to befall them!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The division on the image with the color blue on the top half makes me hopeful it's a Sidera Maris incursion and the Mapmakers are about to put an end to this farce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yes.

That's the point, they are all tie-ins to the incursion/Secret Wars/Hickmans Avengers.

• Locked thread