Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah, I'm like 313/315. I'm trying to forget about it and hopefully I'll just get lucky one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I'm still shy of 300 roads found but I have all my fast travel stuff and all my perks which is nice. I need to spend more time in free roam with goons just driving around I think. Only a few more unique car pictures left to take so I don't have to see that icon anymore.

I'm excited to play tonight. Finally got my Xbone replaced so I don't have graphics issues in game anymore. Well I hope, the downloads from Microsoft are painfully slow (under 1MB/s) so I haven't had a chance to play on the replacement bone yet.

Adding you.

I also thought I was doing well with my 3.5 mil. I didn't know there was a car for 6 mil. Guess that will take me a while.

A c E fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 16, 2014

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004
Woo, found the last road. It was a short connecting street in the NE of Nice, near the huge overpass. I had driven both of the roads it connects to, so the edges where white with a very small grey transition in the center on the map.

I'm still missing a lot of boards though... maybe 1/2 of them all, but I haven't seen any appear on the map lately. Guess I need to do a lot more thorough exploring.

According to the game, I've earned 7.2 mil cr so far (22% overall completion, 20 championships completed). As for pricey cars, WITH the discount perk, the 250 GTO is 5.85 mil, the 250 TR 4 mil, Aston DBR1 4.5, and the Daytona Coupe 3.78 mil. That being said, none of them are really necessary for their given classes and it actually fairly well simulates their real world value, so it does add a bit of prestige to them in-game I suppose.
In practice, I've got plenty of money to buy the cars I actually want to drive. I'd love to try out the DBR1 and 250 TR, but I've already got 70 something cars in my garage and 3 mil in cash to buy more, so as long as you're not dead set on driving those classics or owning EVERY car, you get plenty of money. Add in some really cool barn finds (and some meh barn finds) and wheelspin rewards and there's really no grounds for complaint.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
So I managed to have enough free time to advance through the game and beat the finale. For me, the game gave me purpose - that is, trying to win enough championships to enter and beat the final stage.

Now that I've done that, I really feel like the game has no more replay value for me. The championships to get to the finale were never that fun. Very formulaic, two circuit races, a street race that is hard to navigate your way around, and a trail race that is IMPOSSIBLE to navigate around (and win) without both enabling the full racing line AND setting the AI to 'mouthbreather'.

Whereas with Forza 5, I keep coming back to play for the simple purpose of hotlapping since the the physics are spot on. It's fun to blast around in a car I can't afford on a real life track I want to drive on, while bound by real life handling. Horizon 2, in contrast, is still arcade-ish that while it was fun during the campaign, I don't really enjoy blasting around in an arcade game.

I also really wanted to get into the Horizon 2 world, but it just seems so, well, bland. All the cities seem the same, the roads connecting them (and scnenary) are all cookie cutter. Horizon 1's world was much more varied. You could go to different cities and each one seemed different. You could blast around a canyon, carve up mountain passes, or wind through beautiful forest roads.

Horizon 2, it's three beach towns connected by highways and mountain passes. No variety there.

Lastly, let's talk about the online play. It's pointless. Sure, I like to joke around, have fun and try to race in nonsensical vehicles like vans, SUVs, etc. But, I don't wreck people, I apologize if I screw up a braking zone and punt a guy, etc. But the Horizon players don't even try to race. Everyone just smashes everyone out of the way. I've tried for days to get a clean race in.

It hasn't happened.

I really regret buying this game on launch day. For $60, I feel ripped off. If I had paid $25 like I did for Horizon 1 (after it had been out a while), I would have felt like I got my money's worth.

Looking back, I should've passed on the game when the demo really, really underwhelmed me.

Ugh, just needed to rant a bit. Just got back from a few road trips, tried to get at least one clean race in. No dice. I just don't see the point in continuing to play. :(

I'm not a completist, so trying to find all the roads or barn finds doesn't appeal to me. And since the game hands out money like candy, there's no sense of accomplishment when you win enough races to finally afford that car you've been lusting after. The game hands out so much money, it's almost like having a money cheat enabled or something.

Dolemite fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 17, 2014

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Holy crap the attention to detail on the cars is impressive. On a whim I wondered whether they modeled the brake intake flaps on the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, and they actually went to the trouble of modeling and animating the cooling flaps which only activate under heavy breaking. This is something that no one would actually see unless they paused the game and looked for it under the right conditions.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Stupid oncoming traffic flashing their high beams at me. Makes me want to smash into them even more.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Has anyone raced my driveatar (MacClay) in rivals? I'm curious as to if the fake me is drifting around corners and smashing through cafes, or if it's just some generic progress meter to race against.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

Has anyone raced my driveatar (MacClay) in rivals? I'm curious as to if the fake me is drifting around corners and smashing through cafes, or if it's just some generic progress meter to race against.

I think rivals mode uses a ghost of one of your best laps to race against, and you just keep doing laps until you can beat the ghost.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

I've not been able to play during the week, but I last weekend I played a ton and saw you everywhere. Haven't done much rivals racing yet because I'm saving it for later.

You guys are so many levels higher than I am, it's crazy. I didn't play at all when I was sick; and I've been reading after work. I'm gonna probably hit the Horizon Finale this weekend for the first time, though.

How about you? How's my drivatar? When you pull up behind me, does it say, "Lag Driver?"

My favorite thing about launching FH2 is the dravatar rewards message. My drivatar is in SO MANY RACES every day it's hilarious to see, "Your drivatar has been in 220 races and earned 34,000 cr" or whatever it is.

How about a few pics?

The Jaguar and the "Antonov" are both leaning right.

Jag Coupe belching flames:

I like how you can set the car just so for a pic.

...and I just finally finished another Forza's incarnation of my first actual "replica" style livery, the 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo dressed up in the BMW Alpina Jungmayer suit.
I recreated the KS-KolbenSchmidt pistons logo and the Kugelfischer Einspritzpumpen (mechanical fuel injector pump) logo for hopefully the last time in a very long time. They're on the market if you want them, GT Captain Howdy 0.

Nice to have this finished.

(later)
Alas, one last road trip, one last Championship, until my first shot at the Finale. I'm glad to hear it's pretty epic, but sad to hear it's only available like, every 60 races or so...

Gonna try dis Maserati now. One of the few cars I haven't AWD-drive-swapped (I am a bad person succumbing to peer pressure... everybody's doing it!)

(later)
The Finale was a blast. Lovely long circuit with mixed weather and fast opponents. Not very challenging, really; but AI usually isn't. That course should be made available for Rivals racing (assuming it is not).

I kept it honest and drove an MR F40 at S1 900. I figured that was a good sweet spot for the first time around. Maybe next time I'll do it in D class. I think tomorrow I'll go Rivals racing and say hello to GRC (so many people in the club right now, it's pretty darn cool.)

So, hooray. I hope I don't lose interest right away like I did with FH1. After I beat the top boss I never launched it again. I think I still have two barn finds to do, tons of roads and signs, and of course a lot of championships. O, and of course a bunch more car packs to try out since I bought the Season Pass this time.
Yeah, pretty sure I'll be playing a lot longer.

(next day)
And today I get up and start a new championship, post Finale (1). I level up twice, and, difficult to believe, these are my first two level-up wheelspins:

Where the hell were these kind of rewards before? Even with the reward perk I was constantly getting 6,600CR and 17,500CR level rewards, and the only car I spun was a 1995 VW Corrado V6. During that whole time I got one (1) top-level cash payout, almost everything else was garbage. Now this. smh

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 19, 2014

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Faustus posted:

Where the hell were these kind of rewards before? Even with the reward perk I was constantly getting 6,600CR and 17,500CR level rewards, and the only car I spun was a 1995 VW Corrado V6. During that whole time I got one (1) top-level cash payout, almost everything else was garbage. Now this. smh

Maybe it's just confirmation bias, but yeah I got garbage until after the finale and then started actually getting cars on a fairly regular basis.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I actually had some time to play yesterday and finally finished the Finale. It was pretty fun, I raced in an A700 Ferrari F355. I've still got a good amount of stuff to do in the game, so I think there will be a bit more longevity than the first Horizon.

As far as the wheelspin goes, I'm somewhere around level 60 I think, and I've gotten only 2 or 3 car awards. I'm getting a LOT of really low level prizes as well, mostly under 20,000CR. So you're getting pretty good luck man, good on ya.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm only 55th or so and I've gotten maybe 7 cars and twice gotten the "biggest cash prize available", one was like $220k and the other was $160k or something. But I also get the $5500 one/other useless ones a lot too. Still 2 championships away from the Finale.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I guess it's just random but when you have a day like I've had today, I don't know what to think.

Since I posted rewards before, I have spun one max cash reward and now this:

I'm really digging the nice new rewards (I looked longingly at the Shelby Daytona Coupe at the autoshow today and realized I had just enough to buy it but not upgrade it.) I did get the 10% off upgrade parts perk today, that might help a little. But I'm not ready to blow my whole bank on one car yet.

I built a Subaru WRX for some rally racing and that car is the tits, in A class. Maybe the most rock-stable car I've driven yet.

I hate that it's getting late because I have laundry and dishes to do and dinner to think about but all I want to do is keep on doing Championships. :v:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 20, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Dolemite posted:

Lastly, let's talk about the online play. It's pointless. Sure, I like to joke around, have fun and try to race in nonsensical vehicles like vans, SUVs, etc. But, I don't wreck people, I apologize if I screw up a braking zone and punt a guy, etc. But the Horizon players don't even try to race. Everyone just smashes everyone out of the way. I've tried for days to get a clean race in.

I agree with the Multiplayer part, I wish there were several queues with options (no collisions, forced inside view, maybe a lower/higher class split too) like they do with Forza 5. Everyone just seems to vote S2 every time and drives like a maniac, even ramming you when you are on the same team as them in the red vs blue races.

I do really enjoy the road trip parts between the races though. With no checkpoints it's great to just blast through hills and forests just to get to the endpoint :v: makes me wish the cross country races had no checkpoints, or at least less checkpoints. Hopefully they'll add some more multiplayer options in a patch.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 20, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hey :v: I forgot your :v:tag.

E: :v:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

How about you? How's my drivatar? When you pull up behind me, does it say, "Lag Driver?"

I think I saw you as a rival once, and you took a shortcut through some bushes or a cafe or something. That's what got me wondering about what my ghost does during rivals, because I didn't get Horizon to stay on the road.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

I think I saw you as a rival once, and you took a shortcut through some bushes or a cafe or something. That's what got me wondering about what my ghost does during rivals, because I didn't get Horizon to stay on the road.
What about when you're driving around and you see me on the road. If you pull up behind me, what does it say?
"poo poo Driver?"
I have no idea how my drivatar handles rubbing or shortcuts or anything like that. If I hit someone I rewind in hopes it won't mar my drivatar's behavior.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
A couple other questions about Drivatars while we're on the subject.

- Do people who have Forza 5 have their Drivatars imported automatically, even if they don't have the game? I've seen a few people I recognize who are Level 1 constantly, like I see Endbuster, and I'm pretty sure he said he didn't have Horizon 2.

- You know when you're driving around and Anna's like "Hey, one of Horizon's best drivers is in the area, I've marked him on the map." Does the game pick these at random? I've raced a couple that were tough, but the last couple I've raced have been like level 5 or 9, and pretty slow.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

What about when you're driving around and you see me on the road. If you pull up behind me, what does it say?
"poo poo Driver?"
I have no idea how my drivatar handles rubbing or shortcuts or anything like that. If I hit someone I rewind in hopes it won't mar my drivatar's behavior.

I'm pretty sure it assigns you random difficulty/intelligence in free mode. I was mainly just curious as to if the ghosts in rivals mode is an exact recording of the best lap you've done, or if it's just a fancy version of a progress bar.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

- Do people who have Forza 5 have their Drivatars imported automatically, even if they don't have the game? I've seen a few people I recognize who are Level 1 constantly, like I see Endbuster, and I'm pretty sure he said he didn't have Horizon 2.

- You know when you're driving around and Anna's like "Hey, one of Horizon's best drivers is in the area, I've marked him on the map." Does the game pick these at random? I've raced a couple that were tough, but the last couple I've raced have been like level 5 or 9, and pretty slow.

I believe it takes all of your friends with Forza 5 and makes up some bullshit driveatar for them if they don't have Horizon 2. Who gets to be the big bounty guy is random.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

hanyolo posted:

I agree with the Multiplayer part, I wish there were several queues with options (no collisions, forced inside view, maybe a lower/higher class split too) like they do with Forza 5. Everyone just seems to vote S2 every time and drives like a maniac, even ramming you when you are on the same team as them in the red vs blue races.

This. You're spot on with this. All the racers vote S2 and pick cars that are wayy above their collective talent level. I did manage to get a few decent races in this past weekend. Emphasis on a few. Sadly, I started doing better once I adopted a "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude. To that end, I pretty much just pick the heaviest vehicles I own. That way, when I get crashed into, my battle tank of a van / SUV / truck doesn't really budge. Since I've given up on having clean races, I just return the other racers' favors, use the massive weight of my ride and slam them back. Not going to lie, it's very satisfying to exact revenge on a wrecker by slamming them into an oncoming car or a light pole. That crash sound effect and the sudden disappearance of the prick's car from my peripheral vision always makes me crack a smile.

The team thing is also annoying when the other racers don't get the concept of working together as, well, a team! It's pretty annoying when a faster teammate is on my rear end and they ram me into a wall after I've already pulled off the racing line to let them by. You know, so that way we can have more finishers on our team at the top of the standings!

quote:

I do really enjoy the road trip parts between the races though. With no checkpoints it's great to just blast through hills and forests just to get to the endpoint :v: makes me wish the cross country races had no checkpoints, or at least less checkpoints. Hopefully they'll add some more multiplayer options in a patch.

Also this. I would enjoy the trail races, street races and sprint races so much more if there were no checkpoints. Or at the very least, if there was a pointer arrow that can point you in the general direction of the next checkpoint. I'm not sure why they take away your GPS during those races too. In the developers' eyes, they probably thought the GPS would take away from the challenge. But I wouldn't think so. You still need to avoid cars, keep from crashing your ride into trees and still drive with skill to beat everyone else.

This game is like an abusive relationship. I keep coming back to it. No matter how much I bitch about it. I would totally be down for a Goon road trip so that we can actually get some clean racing in. Oddly enough, I've seen several GRC drivatars tooling around the game ever since joining GRC. I didn't think my world would be populated with Goon racers so soon!

I hope my drivatar doesn't say something like "stupid newbie" above it!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I was assuming the drivatars in FH2 of people who don't have the game were generated from them playing the demo.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

GutBomb posted:

I was assuming the drivatars in FH2 of people who don't have the game were generated from them playing the demo.

Nope, it's FM5 drivatars. I have a couple friends who have FM5 but haven't played the FH2 full game or demo and I see their drivatars in FH2 (always level 1).

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Since none of us know for sure, I'll add that I think FH2 uses drivatar data from FM5 if there is no data from FH2, to populate your free-roam friends list with people who may not even have FH2 or the demo.

Atmus posted:

I'm pretty sure it assigns you random difficulty/intelligence in free mode. I was mainly just curious as to if the ghosts in rivals mode is an exact recording of the best lap you've done, or if it's just a fancy version of a progress bar.

I believe it takes all of your friends with Forza 5 and makes up some bullshit driveatar for them if they don't have Horizon 2. Who gets to be the big bounty guy is random.
In rivals (say, after you've done a race and it offers you a rival race, specifically), I'm pretty sure it knows your best lap in that class on that race, and that's what you drive against. I did a lot of those yesterday and I think it's your recorded best lap in that class, not some approximation. That said, I'm not disagreeing, I think you're probably right.

I still hope that someone has pulled up behind Captain Howdy 0 and the game has said, "Highly Skilled Driver" or whatever the best rank is. I do try. Can anyone confirm or at least tell me what they see? I assume you're seeing my liveries.

Dolemite posted:

I would totally be down for a Goon road trip so that we can actually get some clean racing in. Oddly enough, I've seen several GRC drivatars tooling around the game ever since joining GRC. I didn't think my world would be populated with Goon racers so soon!

I hope my drivatar doesn't say something like "stupid newbie" above it!

We have a lax policy on inclusion in the group. I haven't spent enough time in Multiplayer to judge if this is good or bad, but the group leaders have talked about it and we're happy to let sleeping dogs lie for now. The group is fairly big now at 57 players as of last night (if I remember correctly) and I see lots of skill levels which is cool.

When I get my fill of championships and rivals and smashing boards and stuff, I want to spend my weekends finding GRC peeps and doing multiplayer without the hijinks. Sound good to you? Private server style, Invite-only.

BTW, Dr. Schliebel (spelling) are you around? You seem pretty drat cool as a drivatar. I wanna hang with you sometime. One Dr. to another.

Also, hanyolo what's your GT please?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 20, 2014

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Lawen posted:

Nope, it's FM5 drivatars. I have a couple friends who have FM5 but haven't played the FH2 full game or demo and I see their drivatars in FH2 (always level 1).

Yeah, it's almost certainly FM5 drivatars, when I first bought Horizon 2, I had a message saying my drivatar had been in 93 races before I even booted up the game.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Atmus posted:

Haven't raced you in rivals, but I pulled up behind you and you were classed as an Average Drivatar. But then again, I was in a Venom GT and you were in a Renault Clio, so that might have something to do with it? What I'm curious about is the car you were in. Do you have this car and paint scheme, or did it put you in a random one?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

subroc posted:

Haven't raced you in rivals, but I pulled up behind you and you were classed as an Average Drivatar. But then again, I was in a Venom GT and you were in a Renault Clio, so that might have something to do with it? What I'm curious about is the car you were in. Do you have this car and paint scheme, or did it put you in a random one?

I have the car, but it's whatever the factory color is since most of the shared liveries are garbage. I've also never driven the car and only bought it because I have to have ALL the cars!

Anyone want to do some road trips or whatever around 6pm Colorado time tonight? I want to get that bullshit fake achievement for doing ten of them by the end of the month.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Re: drivatars, I have played this game enough to confirm that the difficulty under a drivatar is just random and has to do with the payout if you race it head-to-head. I've regularly seen drivatars go from Pro to Average for people who don't own the game and haven't touched FM5 in a year. Howdy, the only time I looked at yours it said "Highly Skilled"--that's of course when I found out it wasn't the actual drivatar skill.

As for "drivatars" they're really just AI cars with your name over top of them. If you go into your stats/telemetry, that's the type of poo poo your drivatar uses--average front-right tire temperature, max left-rear suspension load, basically a bunch of completely retarded poo poo like that. It isn't even accurate, it says my average suspension load is more than my max (and the max of all three other tires) for my right-front tire. It makes sense since drivatars don't overshoot every single goddamn turn.

They do, however, use your actual cars, and the liveries for them. For example, here's Wazzit's DB5 sitting completely motionless on the side of the road:

Dolemite posted:

So I managed to have enough free time to advance through the game and beat the finale. For me, the game gave me purpose - that is, trying to win enough championships to enter and beat the final stage.

Now that I've done that, I really feel like the game has no more replay value for me. The championships to get to the finale were never that fun. Very formulaic, two circuit races, a street race that is hard to navigate your way around, and a trail race that is IMPOSSIBLE to navigate around (and win) without both enabling the full racing line AND setting the AI to 'mouthbreather'.

Whereas with Forza 5, I keep coming back to play for the simple purpose of hotlapping since the the physics are spot on. It's fun to blast around in a car I can't afford on a real life track I want to drive on, while bound by real life handling. Horizon 2, in contrast, is still arcade-ish that while it was fun during the campaign, I don't really enjoy blasting around in an arcade game.

I also really wanted to get into the Horizon 2 world, but it just seems so, well, bland. All the cities seem the same, the roads connecting them (and scnenary) are all cookie cutter. Horizon 1's world was much more varied. You could go to different cities and each one seemed different. You could blast around a canyon, carve up mountain passes, or wind through beautiful forest roads.

Horizon 2, it's three beach towns connected by highways and mountain passes. No variety there.

I agree with almost all of this, the difference being that I do really enjoy blasting around in an arcade game, so this game is loving perfect for me. I don't do online in Forza (or any online racing in any game period) because 11 year olds shockingly loving suck at driving, nor can I deal with the drivatars on anything except Tard Mode (although I did the road trip poo poo until the finale twice and just do rivals now). I started out on highly skilled, slowly realized highly skilled/pro/unbeatable are almost identical--just on unbeatable you get rammed constantly--and then realized you make substantially more money/XP on easy mode because of all the skill bonuses you get from not getting rammed every three seconds.

Going back to FM5 feels weird just because of the jump from 30 to 60fps. I played the poo poo out of FM4 though and FM5 is basically a huge disappointment, it seems like every single car besides the Ariel Atom and that KTM thing that looks even remotely fun and wasn't in FM4 costs extra money in FM5. They're also missing a lot of my favorite tracks, and what they've added instead is... Long Beach: Hope You Like First Gear.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Atmus posted:

I have the car, but it's whatever the factory color is since most of the shared liveries are garbage. I've also never driven the car and only bought it because I have to have ALL the cars!

Anyone want to do some road trips or whatever around 6pm Colorado time tonight? I want to get that bullshit fake achievement for doing ten of them by the end of the month.

I wouldn't mind. I need some online bucket lists too.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Atmus posted:

Send me an invite when you get up and running. GT: Molgandhi

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Wheel Talk: Does anyone have one? After watching this dudes setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujMaXjHEIk I'm obsessed with the idea. The thrustmaster he's using in the video looks pretty nice, and that gearbox :eyepop:

I kind of want to hold off since Fanatec just announced they are finally licensed with MS to make a wheel, but who knows how long that will take...
http://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/blog

quote:

Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.
Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.
Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.
Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2), making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.
Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

I'm your huckleberry. Can you PM me? I'd like to talk offline about racing.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Wheel Talk: Does anyone have one? After watching this dudes setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujMaXjHEIk I'm obsessed with the idea. The thrustmaster he's using in the video looks pretty nice, and that gearbox :eyepop:

I kind of want to hold off since Fanatec just announced they are finally licensed with MS to make a wheel, but who knows how long that will take...
http://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/blog

Paging GutBomb to the thread (he's probably typing up a response now).

Wait... WeinerDog is Molghandi? I had no idea!!! (see you tonight, friend)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 21, 2014

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I have the Thrustmaster tx wheel with the shifter and 3 pedal add-on. It adds a lot to the experience and it's 90% as good as my old fanatec wheel I keep around for ps3 and 360.

The fanatec equipment is going to be very expensive compared to the Thrustmaster and it's not out yet so I'd recommend going with the Thrustmaster.

Don't bother with the $99 Thrustmaster. It doesn't have force feedback.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

GutBomb posted:

I have the Thrustmaster tx wheel with the shifter and 3 pedal add-on. It adds a lot to the experience and it's 90% as good as my old fanatec wheel I keep around for ps3 and 360.

The fanatec equipment is going to be very expensive compared to the Thrustmaster and it's not out yet so I'd recommend going with the Thrustmaster.

Don't bother with the $99 Thrustmaster. It doesn't have force feedback.

Yeah, I was just reading more about what Fanatec has in store, it probably won't be announced until end of year, and is likely to be some super premium thing I can't afford. That makes the decision very easy at least!

What shifter do you use GutBomb? How does the clutch pedal handle shifting, can you actually ruin your transmission or lose speed if you don't depress the clutch? Is there a common mounting system everyone uses (WheelStandPro)?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Dr. Faustus posted:

Wait... WeinerDog is Molghandi? I had no idea!!! (see you tonight, friend)

Thanks for uhhhh.... paying attention?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GutBomb posted:

I wouldn't mind. I need some online bucket lists too.

Yay! Although I think the bucket lists are all 2 player only, right?

WienerDog posted:

Send me an invite when you get up and running. GT: Molgandhi

Done.

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'm your huckleberry. Can you PM me? I'd like to talk offline about racing.

Done.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Nuts and Gum posted:

Yeah, I was just reading more about what Fanatec has in store, it probably won't be announced until end of year, and is likely to be some super premium thing I can't afford. That makes the decision very easy at least!

What shifter do you use GutBomb? How does the clutch pedal handle shifting, can you actually ruin your transmission or lose speed if you don't depress the clutch? Is there a common mounting system everyone uses (WheelStandPro)?

If you don't use the clutch it grinds and shifts slowly and will damage the transmission. I use the Thrustmaster th8a shifter.

I use a wheel stand pro and it's great

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I broke down and ordered the TX wheel and a wheelstand. I can't find that loving awesome thrustmaster shifter (th8a?) anywhere, or the pedals. Anyone know where to look? Now that I know it exists, I can't live without one.

GutBomb posted:

If you don't use the clutch it grinds and shifts slowly and will damage the transmission. I use the Thrustmaster th8a shifter.

I use a wheel stand pro and it's great

Did you order in the US by chance?

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 22, 2014

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
g/d it

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Wow. I 'beat' this on the 360 and now that my One is here I sold that sucker and upgraded. Holy poo poo. It feels like a totally different game with all the little extra touches.

My only annoyance so far is drivatars that like to make out of nowhere turns right Into a field while I'm passing then. Then again, maybe Maybe I'm doing this all wrong.

Also. Anyone that enjoys racing games is an idiot if they don't buy this console. It's been one day and I already regret I waited so long. Hallelujah!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Nuts and Gum posted:

I broke down and ordered the TX wheel and a wheelstand. I can't find that loving awesome thrustmaster shifter (th8a?) anywhere, or the pedals. Anyone know where to look? Now that I know it exists, I can't live without one.

Did you order in the US by chance?

I ordered the pedals and shifter on Amazon, but I preordered them. It looks like you can only order the shifter used on there now, and the pedals aren't available at all. It's the best shifter I've ever used for a sim racing wheel. I've used Fanatec CSR shifters and Logitech G27 shifters. I haven't used the Fanatec ClubSport shifter which is probably better, but you have to be in the whole Fanatec ClubSport ecosystem to use it. The pedals leave much to be desired, although they are better than the stock pedals because there's a clutch.

I am waiting for Basherboards to make the CPX adapter available so I can use my Fanatec CSR elite pedals with the Thrustmaster stuff. It will be the best possible setup for me, I'll only have to swap out the wheel when switching back and forth between XBone and XB360/PS3. Right now I have 2 wheel stand pros, one with the Fanatec GT2, Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals, and Logitech G27 shifter with the Basherboards FL1 adapter which makes the shifter work with Fanatec. The other wheelstand has the Thrustmaster stuff.

I also have a Logitech G27 wheel, shifter, and pedals collecting dust.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 22, 2014

• Locked thread