Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha oh poo poo. In Serenity's Waste there's a unique kraggon miniboss called "Phonic Kraggon". It attacks you with electric spinning attacks only, like the normal ones do with fire. It runs very fast.

In TVHM to really drive the reference home...

...it's called "Phuper Phonic Kraggon" and is golden yellow.

I love this goddamn game :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

CJacobs posted:

Haha oh poo poo. In Serenity's Waste there's a unique kraggon miniboss called "Phonic Kraggon". It attacks you with electric spinning attacks only, like the normal ones do with fire. It runs very fast.

In TVHM to really drive the reference home...

...it's called "Phuper Phonic Kraggon" and is golden yellow.

I love this goddamn game :allears:

The Borderland series will always have a special place in my heart because of poo poo like this.
The humour, the designs, the characters... this game is special.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Reiley posted:

I found that non-ADS aiming with Nisha's skill just works way better since you still have soft autoaim anyways, you just wait for your crosshairs to be red and fire. It works fantastic with non-bolt action Jakobs sniper rifles.

I have to wear a wrist brace and it makes Nisha basically unusable when zoomed in :(. At least it convinced me to change to Athena, which is a bucket of fun

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Mailer posted:

In this case "flick" means "any mouse movement whatsoever", which is difficult to avoid under normal circumstances and pretty much impossible when you're mashing the button hard to fire that Jakobs shotgun/pistol. It's easier to keep a perfectly steady hand when you're holding down a laser or something, but since it loves to target through the scenery why bother.

Lower your mouse sensitivity. There are few if any fast moving enemies in this game so low sensitivy won't be a problem.

E: if clicking while aiming a problem and you *really* want to change it, you can also rebind your fire button to your jump button and vice versa.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 21, 2014

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Dyz posted:

Lower your mouse sensitivity. There are few if any fast moving enemies in this game so low sensitivy won't be a problem.

E: if clicking while aiming a problem and you *really* want to change it, you can also rebind your fire button to your jump button and vice versa.

If I have to re-bind my fire key then the sensitivity for the flick probably needs to be turned down

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dyz posted:

The problem is not that he is moving the mouse too far in a given direction, the problem is that the skill itself changes targets on any mouse movement. Regardless of his mouse sensitivity he will have the same problem because that part of her skill does not translate well from controllers to mouse/keyboard.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Oh my God I just started to play True Vault Hunter Mode and Tiny Tina loving owns. Jesus Christ this game is amazing. :allears:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

goodness posted:

Jeezus, the moon buggy drives so terribly. What were the devs thinking?

I just figured it was a reskin of the old runners, is it really different? I haven't compared anything like turning speed, but after just recently playing Borderlands 2, it certainly maintains the same lovely PC controls so I was at least acclimated enough that it didn't frustrate me too much, but it's a bizarre vehicle choice when you have all those ridges and craters that'll send it spinning or skidding. Given we've had better vehicle design like the skimmer there's no real excuse, but I figured it was mostly just reskinning an old asset.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
Just in case you thought otherwise, the moon buggy drives like total dogshit even when using a controller.

The stingray is better only because it allows strafing and is a lot less momentum based.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Just hammer fire until everything is dead during showdown, not sure why that is difficult. I use the mouse and it aims at whatever my reticule is looking at, if there isn't anything nearby the center that's when things start to get weird.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I just figured it was a reskin of the old runners, is it really different? I haven't compared anything like turning speed, but after just recently playing Borderlands 2, it certainly maintains the same lovely PC controls so I was at least acclimated enough that it didn't frustrate me too much, but it's a bizarre vehicle choice when you have all those ridges and craters that'll send it spinning or skidding. Given we've had better vehicle design like the skimmer there's no real excuse, but I figured it was mostly just reskinning an old asset.

In BL2 when you land straight from a jump you keep going generally straight. In the prequel, when you land you get spun around for some reason.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is there any way to bind primary fire to Mousewheel Up/Down? Because that'd be pretty great for spamming Jacobs.

I guess on a controller you could easily do it with XPadder too.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Poistiant posted:

Just hammer fire until everything is dead during showdown, not sure why that is difficult. I use the mouse and it aims at whatever my reticule is looking at, if there isn't anything nearby the center that's when things start to get weird.

It's not it changing targets so much as becoming inaccurate. After locking on to a new target it takes about a second for it to be pin-point focused on the crit spot, and moving the mouse will cause it to unlock then relock to the same target, thus making the accuracy much worse than it is with a controller.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Genocyber posted:

It's not it changing targets so much as becoming inaccurate. After locking on to a new target it takes about a second for it to be pin-point focused on the crit spot, and moving the mouse will cause it to unlock then relock to the same target, thus making the accuracy much worse than it is with a controller.

I guess that is the difference, I'm not trying at all to be accurate just want everything dead.

Edit: Here I'm streaming come see what happens when I use the action skill and tell me the difference. http://www.twitch.tv/bearforce

Poistiant fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 21, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

goodness posted:

In BL2 when you land straight from a jump you keep going generally straight. In the prequel, when you land you get spun around for some reason.

It could have something to do with the gravity settings, maybe, or perhaps the vehicle is heavier to compensate? Hard to say. Landings have always been bad, though, runners had a tendency to go seven kinds of wonky on any jump that doesn't land cleanly.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It could have something to do with the gravity settings, maybe, or perhaps the vehicle is heavier to compensate? Hard to say. Landings have always been bad, though, runners had a tendency to go seven kinds of wonky on any jump that doesn't land cleanly.

They definitely have the vehicles operating on a different gravity setting than when you are running, especially the moon buggy.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Skandranon posted:

They definitely have the vehicles operating on a different gravity setting than when you are running, especially the moon buggy.

Have you considered that maybe the vehicles simply weigh more than a dude on foot?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

AirRaid posted:

Have you considered that maybe the vehicles simply weigh more than a dude on foot?

I have. Considering that the exact same buggy in BL1 and BL2 was BETTER at jumping, ON PANDORA, something is wrong with the moon buggy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Skandranon posted:

I have. Considering that the exact same buggy in BL1 and BL2 was BETTER at jumping, ON PANDORA, something is wrong with the moon buggy.

not sure if you realise the gravity is different as Elpis is moslty an atmosphereless moon and pandora is a planet

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009

CJacobs posted:

The problem is not that he is moving the mouse too far in a given direction, the problem is that the skill itself changes targets on any mouse movement. Regardless of his mouse sensitivity he will have the same problem because that part of her skill does not translate well from controllers to mouse/keyboard.

I use a low sensitivity and it works perfectly for me.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So after actually rather enjoying BL1.5 I decided I'd go back and beat BL2, which I never did originally despite buying the game and the season pass. However, I got kinda used to using the cheat engine improved loot tables. Does anyone happen to have the ones for BL2 handy? Preferably with a nice sensible preset like the one I'm using that someone posted in this thread.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the PC thread which has the tables right in the second post.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 21, 2014

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

VideoGames posted:

not sure if you realise the gravity is different as Elpis is moslty an atmosphereless moon and pandora is a planet

I think the point is that Elpis has less gravity, which should make buggy jumping easier.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

goodness posted:

This happened to me a ton in BL2 as well (getting spun around), so I don't see any difference at all. :shrug:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I guess this topic has (rightfully) died out by now, but I just started playing this yesterday, and have met both Springs and finished the Recruitment Drive mission with the timid woman (Rose?), and I have to say I have no idea what people are talking about when it comes to the homosexuality in the game being "in your face". Rose only mentions another woman as her ex in passing, and Springs hit on Athena a couple times but that's kinda, you know, normal behavior. She's awkward, but her character has been isolated by herself after her girlfriend was killed by wildlife, so that's understandable. I sincerely doubt anyone would have mentioned anything if Springs hit on male characters or Rose was talking about a man being her ex.

What the gently caress are you people talking about? :psyduck:

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
So I'm gonna take this thread being on page 2 this close to release as a bad sign.

Is this game essentially the same old borderlands that I have enjoyed in the past?

Stupid jokes, pretty environments and lots of bullets and explosions?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Skandranon posted:

Well it's not the same buggy. It's probably based on the Runner from BL2 but it doesn't have the same handling at all. It turns tighter and grips more, which people have complained about, and it does feel pretty heavy when jumping.

Question is, why does it even matter? I can't think of a single time you actually need to use the thing, apart from just getting around a bit faster. Every (all two!) jump you supposedly need it to make can be made on foot, until you unlock the Stingray which is hilariously better for getting around.

Just don't use the Moon Buggy if you have a hate boner for it.

Also, people complaining about Nisha's autoaim being too sensitive or some poo poo are crazy, you just look vaguely in the direction of some dudes, pull the trigger until they fall over and then look for more dudes. With a good Jakobs pistol it's hilarious. I wish it properly aimed at Crit spots though rather than centre mass.

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

So I'm gonna take this thread being on page 2 this close to release as a bad sign.

Is this game essentially the same old borderlands that I have enjoyed in the past?

Not really, a lot of threads in Games move pretty fast. Stuff gets to page 2 quite easily in peak times.

And yes, your summation is pretty accurate. If you enjoyed BL2 this is more in a similar vein, but with enough changes that it'll still feel fresh.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Yep. It's basically an extra-long DLC with a few added mechanics to keep things interesting. Whether that's worth the full price tag is debatable, but it's still borderlands and it's still fun.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

AirRaid posted:

Well it's not the same buggy. It's probably based on the Runner from BL2 but it doesn't have the same handling at all. It turns tighter and grips more, which people have complained about, and it does feel pretty heavy when jumping.

Question is, why does it even matter? I can't think of a single time you actually need to use the thing, apart from just getting around a bit faster. Every (all two!) jump you supposedly need it to make can be made on foot, until you unlock the Stingray which is hilariously better for getting around.

That's kind of the point I'm trying to make. The buggy looks the same, but magically behaves like it's made of lead. The reason I'm complaining, especially about it's jumping performance, is that it is literally (supposedly) made to make those jumps. The maps are designed specifically to say "here's a buggy, use it to jump over this chasm", and then you can't because the physics are messed up. Maybe Gearbox is just trolling us, who knows, but it's stupid that this buggy can't make the jumps that the other buggy could, on Pandora, under heavier gravity. If they just had it act like the thing in BL2, it would be fine.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Hamburger Test posted:

Just ran into that neat bug were you don't unlock the last two fast travel stations. I continued straight through Ribs in the hope it would fix itself in Eleseer, that poo poo is a terrible slog at level 44/45.

Good thing Gibbed does what he does:
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=5070783

So if anyone else runs into this:

simon493 posted:

Fixed.

You need Gibbs editor:

http://blog.gib.me/2014/10/19/border...or-revision-7/

1.Open your savefile with Gibbs and goto the raw tab on top.
2. Select MissionPlaythroughs collection by hitting down arrow to the right.
3. Select MissionPlaythroughData (1st is normal 2nd is TVHM 3rd is blank presumably for UVHM) Select whatever mode is bugged.
4.Look through MissionData list until you find "GD_Co_Chapter11.M_DahlDigsite"
5. Change the ObjectivesProgress to:
He then lists all of the bits, but that's not desirable if you haven't completed all the objectives. I just needed to change the 3rd bit from 0 to 1.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

AirRaid posted:

Also, people complaining about Nisha's autoaim being too sensitive or some poo poo are crazy, you just look vaguely in the direction of some dudes, pull the trigger until they fall over and then look for more dudes. With a good Jakobs pistol it's hilarious. I wish it properly aimed at Crit spots though rather than centre mass.

I think you are completely missing what people are complaining about, and your last sentence makes this obvious. Nisha's auto aim works fine if you hip fire, but if you use your scope(ADS), it becomes very twitchy and very minor mouse movement causes you to swap enemies. When you ADS with the auto aim it does aim at weak points though, or at least at human enemies heads.

I've found the trick is to hip fire for normal enemies and only use the ADS auto aim for badasses and bosses and keep the mouse very still.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't have any trouble making the jumps on the early maps in the buggy once I remembered you have to hold down the nitro button instead of just tapping it.

It is kinda funny that the buggy seems to operate under normal gravity instead of moon gravity though.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Think I'm a bit weak for the good Col. Zarpedon at level 20. Those shockpulses practically oneshot me.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Think I'm a bit weak for the good Col. Zarpedon at level 20. Those shockpulses practically oneshot me.

The quest level is like 25-ish so yeah, kinda. I was playing with someone on my friends list last night and we were able to take her down, though not without us dying a few times. We got bulwarked in the next area by Eternals* and the RK5 tho.

*This also highlighted just how insanely good cryo is. We're 5 or 6 levels below the expected so taking down an Eternal is really hard, especially once they ascend. But using a lv14 cryo sniper I was able to consistently freeze an eternal as it spawned, then we were able to easily kill it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Oh god I activated Nel at level 33 and he and his adds are all level 49-50 :supaburn:

But I got a legendary pistol out of the chest at the top of one of the towers so booyah!!

It holds 1/7 of my total ammo in its clip. :psyduck:

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
Unfortunately, that awful hyperion glitch is still in place. Where if you boost the accuracy and firerate of a hyperion gun it will cause the screen to bounce like a crack addict. It's pretty hard to use hyperion weapons with nisha.

However, nisha is still beyond broken. If you'd like to gunzerk two different weapons here are the handy steps.
1. Have one for each of ya
2. Equip pistols.
3. swap pistol
4. in the middle of the swap animation press the drop weapon button.
You now have a pistol controlled by your right click/left trigger. If you throw a grenade or melee, the pistol will turn invisible but it will still function because hax. Going to the menu unfortunately disables this. But still pretty drat fun.

Also the system purge oz kit is awesome. Especially in atmosphere. It's a weaker bee, but it still is pretty op and I expect it to get nerfed to oblivion.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Okay, finally beat the game with all four characters. Basically, Nisha is by far the most powerful and easy to play, if you do it right (which is, BTW, get the kill skills in the middle, the absurdly good 'reload to do more damage, faster while hipfiring' skill on the right, get the non-elemental beam weapon from Sub-Level 13, then use it while hipfiring in showdown to turn the rest of the game into a complete farce). Athena comes in a close-ish second, her right skill tree is bonkers but slightly more situational and labor-intensive. They must have fixed Wilhelm's Divert Power skill, I heard a lot of people say it made him basically invincible, but that wasn't my experience at all.

I love how their idea of a 'raid boss' is a very slightly harder version of the final boss, that, despite multiple warnings, is easily soloable.

Also, pretty much all the legendary lasers are less good then their purple beam equivalents. The ZX-1 is the only one that even comes close.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 21, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Has anybody been able to compare similar weapon cards from identical leveled weapons between BL2 and TPS? I'm curious what the differences are (if any) between, say, a level 50 green-rarity BL2 Maliwan sniper rifle (with certain parts) and a level 50 green-rarity TPS Maliwan sniper rifle (with those same parts) are. Does the BL2 variant have a higher damage output because of the scaling?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I guess this topic has (rightfully) died out by now, but I just started playing this yesterday, and have met both Springs and finished the Recruitment Drive mission with the timid woman (Rose?), and I have to say I have no idea what people are talking about when it comes to the homosexuality in the game being "in your face". Rose only mentions another woman as her ex in passing, and Springs hit on Athena a couple times but that's kinda, you know, normal behavior. She's awkward, but her character has been isolated by herself after her girlfriend was killed by wildlife, so that's understandable. I sincerely doubt anyone would have mentioned anything if Springs hit on male characters or Rose was talking about a man being her ex.

What the gently caress are you people talking about? :psyduck:

Im in the same boat here. I wasn't expecting stereotypes or anything, but I'm not seeing all these blatant homosexual characters and references. Besides Springs, who else is gay in this? Moxie might be bi-curious but i havent found much to support that other than speculation. I guess there's Red Belly but that's about all i've found so far.

In fact a lot of the criticisms in this game seem opposite my experiences. There don't seem to be as many empty spaces as BL1 or 2. The outdoor areas have always been pretty sparse, but every structure seems to have a multi-wave fight.

The environments aren't as varied in this, but it's the moon.

The drop rates still suck but vendors have better odds of carrying useful stuff.

The story isn't great but it's not terrible. Jack always was an rear end in a top hat. There is no way to sympathize with him. He even starts off with an executive office while everyone else has a cubicle or acts as cannon fodder. Roland and Lilith do not need to be there.

I will say they need to test their maps more. There are some geometry bugs but nothing game-stopping yet. Some issues in the thread should be fixable with a patch.

Overall the game is good but not the best Borderlands experience of the 3.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Oh god I activated Nel at level 33 and he and his adds are all level 49-50 :supaburn:

But I got a legendary pistol out of the chest at the top of one of the towers so booyah!!

It holds 1/7 of my total ammo in its clip. :psyduck:

That gun is hilarious when you get Clappy's action package that unloads the entire magazine in one shot. I blew threw the entirety of my pistol ammo before the skill expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Maybe I missed a line of dialogue or two, but what was the point of raising a robot army that can't be bothered to show up? You go through the whole trouble of building the constructor only to have it never show up again, despite the fact that Jack emphasizes that he needs it now to take back Helios. Even on the assault on the station, the only robots you enlist are ones you hack on site! He sends a handful to the vault site, and you test them with the orbital drop system, but that's all I can think of. Was there a point to that quest arc at all, other than to give an unnecessarily specific origin for the constructors and loaders?

mastersord posted:

Im in the same boat here. I wasn't expecting stereotypes or anything, but I'm not seeing all these blatant homosexual characters and references. Besides Springs, who else is gay in this? Moxie might be bi-curious but i havent found much to support that other than speculation. I guess there's Red Belly but that's about all i've found so far.

Hammerlock.

• Locked thread