Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
pirouette, i believe, is the term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Apparently DEEP are picking up the reins for the traditional hastily planned, ultra long NYE card. I'll be surprised if they get anything beyond a NicoNico streaming deal and a bunch of fights that they'd usually put on anyway.

Satoshi Ishii vs Heath Herring is apparently in the works :geno:

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I hope someone writes a good book about Herring someday because his life from computer programming to cage fighting to poker playing to promoting to Chavez, Cage of Glory seems interesting as hell

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

vainman posted:

I hope someone writes a good book about Herring someday because his life from computer programming to cage fighting to poker playing to promoting to Chavez, Cage of Glory seems interesting as hell

Don't forget his hate crime period

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

vainman posted:

I don't know anything about Herring other than that he was supposed to be good in PRIDE and that Lesnar couldn't finish him despite mauling him for 15 minutes.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I don't know anything about Herring other than that he was supposed to be good in PRIDE and that Lesnar couldn't finish him despite mauling him for 15 minutes.

This is something that every MMA fan should know about Heath Herring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-gKilvZZsU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Also if you have UFC Fight Pass, watch his classic trashweight fight with Kongo at UFC 82. It's a Cheick Kongo fight that features mostly grappling, enough said.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Herring's mostly noteworthy for having lost to Cro Cop, Fedor, Nog, and Brock all in their primes.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Heath Herring is asthmatic, not very ring-smart, and not good at any aspect of the fighting game. He was nonetheless able to be ranked in the top ten during PRIDE's heavyweight heyday based on nothing but being able to throw knees and scramble into extremely weird positions, plus toughness. Even in this dumb sport, rarely has so much been done with so little.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

CommonShore posted:

Herring's mostly noteworthy for having lost to Cro Cop, Fedor, Nog, and Brock all in their primes.

All of them but Brock finished him in cool ways also (Liver kick, anaconda choke, and getting beat up so bad that the doctor stopped it)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

vainman posted:

I hope they call it "That Crazy Texas Horse."

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

fatherdog posted:

Heath Herring is asthmatic, not very ring-smart, and not good at any aspect of the fighting game. He was nonetheless able to be ranked in the top ten during PRIDE's heavyweight heyday based on nothing but being able to throw knees and scramble into extremely weird positions, plus toughness. Even in this dumb sport, rarely has so much been done with so little.

Strange that someone like that would even get into Pride, can't see anyone being a fan of him or anyone like him

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Dangersim posted:

All of them but Brock finished him in cool ways also (Liver kick, anaconda choke, and getting beat up so bad that the doctor stopped it)

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This is something that every MMA fan should know about Heath Herring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-gKilvZZsU

Every time I see this I can't help but think, "Dammit Heath, you wait 30 seconds and you'd be allowed to do that."

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

His fight with imes was the first time I saw Donkey Guard, and the last time a position happened for a long time that I hadn't seen before

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

willie_dee posted:

Strange that someone like that would even get into Pride, can't see anyone being a fan of him or anyone like him

No hes actually the exact kind of guy pride loved. A guy with a potentially xenophobic stereotype for pro wrestling heros to fight

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Bundt Cake posted:

No hes actually the exact kind of guy pride loved. A guy with a potentially xenophobic stereotype for pro wrestling heros to fight

whoosh

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
oops

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
War Machine's suicide note starts and ends with Nietzsche quotes, but in the middle he also finds it in his heart to forgive a woman for getting beat up by him

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

There's also a shoutout to his friends 9mm and doodoo.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

I'm sure they were truly touched.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Triticum Guzzler posted:

War Machine's suicide note starts and ends with Nietzsche quotes, but in the middle he also finds it in his heart to forgive a woman for getting beat up by him

The NYBA can't even catch a break and get a shoutout in a suicide note.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So what's the deal with the next dude that Lashley is fighting in Bellator? Decent record, no losses.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Testekill posted:

So what's the deal with the next dude that Lashley is fighting in Bellator? Decent record, no losses.

Literally none of Etherington's opponents have a winning record. He's a can-crusher brought in to make Lashley seem impressive.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

individual865 posted:

Literally none of Etherington's opponents have a winning record. He's a can-crusher brought in to make Lashley seem impressive.

Can-dy Crush Saga

Who will wilt first under the pressure of fighting someone with wins on their record?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

His opponents have a career record of 11 and 38. 6 of the wins were from one Polish dude called Tomasz Czerwinski. One of his wins came by a DQ in under a minute because of punches to the back of the head.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Testekill posted:

His opponents have a career record of 11 and 38. 6 of the wins were from one Polish dude called Tomasz Czerwinski. One of his wins came by a DQ in under a minute because of punches to the back of the head.

Lashley isn't exactly a world beater, either. His most significant win was against Wes Sims.

I predict this is gonna be a lot on more interesting fight than Bellator or Lashley believe.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Michael Chandler and Joey Beltran are signing stuff outside a 7-11 for some reason

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Yeah this could be like that time Lashley was supposed to smash the woefully overmatched Chad "The Gravedigger" Griggs.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

vainman posted:

Michael Chandler and Joey Beltran are signing stuff outside a 7-11 for some reason

I like how you had to get your pickup in the shot...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Has Modaferri ever walked out to Roxanne by the Police?

Edit: From her FAQ on her site

quote:

7) How about coming out to "Roxanne" by the Police as an entrance song?
Roxy: How about not? That song is about a prostitute. I am not.
But it’s such a great song!
Roxy: Then you can enjoy it. Far away from me. and you can stop singing it to me now, thanksbye!

You big baby

Also:

quote:

11) Would you ever go out with me?
Roxy: I'm sorry, I'm already married. To MMA! :D That means I'm "MMArried."

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 22, 2014

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'm married to the sea... but in another, more realistic sense, I'm wholly unlovable

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Yea, Roxanne is one of the few people whose fanbase I really just don't understand

There is nothing pleasant about her, she's a massive dork who gets KO'd in hilarious ways, spergs about stupid poo poo and yet people latch on to her

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
who would ever take an independent interest in roxanne modafferi? i&s, what' swrong with you?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm married to the sea... but in another, more realistic sense, I'm wholly unlovable

Maybe no one found her profile on http://www.maiotaku.com/

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Yuriy posted:

Yea, Roxanne is one of the few people whose fanbase I really just don't understand

There is nothing pleasant about her, she's a massive dork who gets KO'd in hilarious ways, spergs about stupid poo poo and yet people latch on to her

And yet in 2014 she is a better striker than #3 bantamweight Miesha Tate.

It's p easy to see why Internet autists like her, she's one of them.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
the same people who love(d?) Fedor for being chubby and beating up big muscular men with terrible posture, presumably

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I don't think roxy would even go for a computer dork like me because I am orange and have a bad back

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Foul Fowl posted:

the same people who love(d?) Fedor for being chubby and beating up big muscular men with terrible posture, presumably

There were and still are plenty of reasons to love Fedor. Mostly because I genuinely don't think he ever cared one bit about anything going on around him and still managed to put on an alltime great run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

coconono posted:

Maybe no one found her profile on http://www.maiotaku.com/

As our esteemed moderator could tell you, http://www.otakubooty.com is the premier anime dating site.